PDA

View Full Version : Slick's take on boating accidents at the River

Slick
09-22-2003, 07:48 AM
I've been on this board for a few years now and met some great people. However, I've been going to the river alot longer, 17 years total. We haven't been to the river a whole lot lately as my tribe has grown by two in the last two and a half years.
I have to say that if you've been to the river endlessly thoughout the years, you develop a real kinship with your neighbors as well as the person you never talk to, but always seam to pass them going the opposite direction with a friendly wave.
The Parker Strip really is a small place, 16 some-odd miles long, give or take. When an accident happens, like over the last weekend, it truely seems to affect everyone on the water or anyone who frequents the river wetherornot they new that person. It's kind of like being on a racing circuit or public serviceman, such as police and fire. Bad news travel fast in small circles and you always feel a certain sense of emptiness upon learning about an accident.
I could have posted on one of the other forums with my condolences, simpathies and prayers, but I've just got to do things differently.
I guess this is my way of paying homage to a fellow boater and to anyone who has to go through this.
Slick

MAXIMUS
09-22-2003, 10:28 AM
I must have passed John at least 4 or 5 times on the river last week & we waved to each other every time! I was pointing telling my brother who he was as he drove by foxes just seconds before the accident. By the time I left foxes I had heard the news & saw part of the interior sitting on the dock... Parker will not be the same for me...

boatnam2
09-22-2003, 11:49 AM
dont know the guy but when i saw the pic of him in his boat it made me sick to my stomach. he passed me maybe 6 or 7 times thursday and everytime i looked at him he was looking back at his motor and holding onto his hat just like in the pic i dont know man hard to swallow life is just to short.

HavasuDreamin'
09-22-2003, 11:56 AM
Everybody needs to go home and hug their kids a couple of extra times tonight. :rolleyes: Tomorrow isn't promised and we all need to be thankful for what we have and who we have in our lives. It can all be taken away in a split second leaving those behind devastated. cry cry cry
All I have thought about all day is the Herbert's loss and how tight I am going to hug my little one when I get home.

Back To Havasu
09-22-2003, 12:14 PM
I'm with you HavasuDreamin'...enjoy every day, and those you love. :)