PDA

View Full Version : Carribean jerk chicken...

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 07:25 AM
anyone have a recipe for it??

JetBoatRich
01-17-2003, 07:26 AM
I heard you have to RUB it

RiverKitty
01-17-2003, 07:27 AM
Und Walla:
Grilled Caribbean Jerk Chicken w/Cranberry Salsa Potatoes
http://www.bobbyhayden.com/cgc.jpg
INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4-1/2 cup KC Masterpiece®Caribbean Jerk Marinade
Dailey® Pickles
DIRECTIONS:
PLACE chicken in medium size bowl, pour marinade over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
GRILL or broil 4-6 inches from heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until
cooked through.
SERVE with a Dailey® pickle.
SIDE DISH: Cranberry Salsa Potatoes
INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbsp. Northland® Cranberry 3 green onions, sliced thinly
Raspberry Juice including green tops
1-1/2 cups diced tomatoes 2 Tbsp. lime juice
1/2 cup pineapple, diced 2 cloves crushed garlic (1 tsp.)
1 pkg. Naturally® Potatoes
DIRECTIONS:
PLACE first 6 ingredients in medium size bowl and mix well. Let chill.
COOK potatoes according to instructions on package.
PLATE and serve by spooning salsa over the potatoes.
SHOPPING LIST :
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
KC Masterpiece® Caribbean Jerk Marinade
Northland® 100% Cranberry Raspberry Juice
Dailey® Pickles
Naturally® Potatoes
Tomatoes
Pineapple
Green Onions
Lime Juice
Garlic
FOOD SAFETY TIP: Code Your Cutting Boards.
Use two cutting boards in your kitchen; one to cut raw meats, poultry
and seafood and the other for ready-to-eat foods like breads,
fruits and vegetables.
This will prevent cross-contamination of harmful
bacteria from raw foods to those that are ready-to-eat.
[ January 17, 2003, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: RiverKitty ]

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 07:29 AM
Thank you, I owe you.

RiverKitty
01-17-2003, 07:35 AM
So when's dinner??? :D

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 07:38 AM
RiverKitty:
So when's dinner??? :D How long will it take you to get here.
I am also going to make ritz crackers with cream cheese and mustard praleen sause, I am also going to have jalopeno jelly for the crackers.
You will have to drink what we drink thou.

RiverKitty
01-17-2003, 07:46 AM
Blown 472:
How long will it take you to get here.
I am also going to make ritz crackers with cream cheese and mustard praleen sause, I am also going to have jalopeno jelly for the crackers.
You will have to drink what we drink thou. Sounds YUMMY!
Hmmm....well how long does it typically take you to drive to Havasu??? That's probably how long it would take me to drive there.
And WHAT will you be drinking???

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 07:48 AM
I am thinking bout 30 hours, and we will be drinking whiskey and coke.

RiverKitty
01-17-2003, 07:50 AM
Blown 472:
I am thinking bout 30 hours, and we will be drinking whiskey and coke. Allrighty Then! SKIP the drive! I'd rather fly! idea
Whiskey & coke....no problem! :D

Screaming Pete
01-17-2003, 08:54 AM
River Kitty Your out of the SHOWER already it's going to be Missing you ..Yesterday your shower took 3.5 hours to get back on the boards :p

RiverKitty
01-17-2003, 09:01 AM
Screaming Pete:
River Kitty Your out of the SHOWER already it's going to be Missing you ..Yesterday your shower took 3.5 hours to get back on the boards :p Glad to see you were *timing* me!!! ROFL!!! :p
Besides, I still have yet to take my *daily* shower! I work from home so I'm still in my pajamas! (Gotta love it!)
But I will be taking one here shortly....so stay tuned!!! ;o)
P.S. I'll try to cut down on my time seeings how I know I'm being timed now!!! ;o)
P.S.S Showercam does not work too well. It gets too foggy fromt he steam & you can't see anything! :rolleyes:
P.S.S.S How did a simple recipe thread turn into waterworks???
[ January 17, 2003, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: RiverKitty ]

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 09:04 AM
Damn it. :mad:

Screaming Pete
01-17-2003, 09:07 AM
Well I just got back from Jamacia so the question interested me becuse I bought a bunch of Jerk spices from the short order cook that ran the grill ..and then I found you thier so early..I was shocked, so I commented :cool:

RiverKitty
01-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Screaming Pete:
Well I just got back from Jamacia so the question interested me becuse I bought a bunch of Jerk spices from the short order cook that ran the grill ..and then I found you thier so early..I was shocked, so I commented :cool: First off, *why* wasn't *I* invited to Jamacia?
Secondly, do you know me so well that you recognized it is very unusual for me to be up so early??? LOL!!!

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 09:11 AM
RiverKitty:
Screaming Pete:
Well I just got back from Jamacia so the question interested me becuse I bought a bunch of Jerk spices from the short order cook that ran the grill ..and then I found you thier so early..I was shocked, so I commented :cool: First off, *why* wasn't *I* invited to Jamacia?
Secondly, do you know me so well that you recognized it is very unusual for me to be up so early??? LOL!!! stalker??

Her454
01-17-2003, 09:13 AM
Blown 472:
stalker?? Does Screamin Pete know RD? Hmmmmmmm. wink

RiverKitty
01-17-2003, 09:14 AM
Blown 472:
stalker?? That's EXACTLY what was going through my mind too! :p

RiverKitty
01-17-2003, 09:15 AM
Her454:
Blown 472:
stalker?? Does Screamin Pete know RD? Hmmmmmmm. wink Inquiring minds want to know!!! devil

Screaming Pete
01-17-2003, 09:18 AM
Well I made the reservations before "I knew you so well" Ha Ha, :p

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 09:21 AM
He knows all.

Screaming Pete
01-17-2003, 09:23 AM
The board peeps that I've met personaly are, 78,DDS,Ptl,Kibathwan, Froggystle, Charley and some others in the boating industries, and DCB peeps.. Not a Stalker

RiverKitty
01-17-2003, 09:26 AM
Screaming Pete:
The board peeps that I've met personaly are, 78,DDS,Ptl,Kibathwan, Froggystle, Charley and some others in the boating industries, and DCB peeps.. Not a Stalker Just razzin' ya Pete! It's all good!
Just like to kick up some *kitty litter* every once and awhile! ;o)

Screaming Pete
01-17-2003, 09:27 AM
Ok thats all good, now hit the showers :D

Jordy
01-17-2003, 09:29 AM
Screaming Pete:
KibathwanDid you meet Obi Wan as well??? Who are you talking about here as that name looks made up. :D

78Eliminator
01-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Here is the problem: I went to Jamaica and had Jerk Chicken. It was in an old, beat up restaurant similar to the taco shacks here in So Cal. They would put whole chickens on a big barbeque (a big oil drum cut in half). They put on the jerk seasonings and cooked it. When they were done, they'd take the whole chicken and cut it to small bit's, bones and all! So the whole time you eat, you're picking bones out. Gotta be real careful. It is THE BEST chicken I have ever had in my life. I went with my parents when I was 13 and have NEVER tasted anything remotely close here in the states even though it was they would call it "Jerk Chicken". My point is: try to get the recipe from a native Jamaican...... Get some pot too.

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 09:58 AM
78Eliminator:
Here is the problem: I went to Jamaica and had Jerk Chicken. It was in an old, beat up restaurant similar to the taco shacks here in So Cal. They would put whole chickens on a big barbeque (a big oil drum cut in half). They put on the jerk seasonings and cooked it. When they were done, they'd take the whole chicken and cut it to small bit's, bones and all! So the whole time you eat, you're picking bones out. Gotta be real careful. It is THE BEST chicken I have ever had in my life. I went with my parents when I was 13 and have NEVER tasted anything remotely close here in the states even though it was they would call it "Jerk Chicken". My point is: try to get the recipe from a native Jamaican...... Get some pot too. Does the pot make the chicken better??

Jordy
01-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Hey J, where was Steve when all this chicken and pot bit was happening??? :D :D :D

78Eliminator
01-17-2003, 10:01 AM
jordanpaulk:
Hey J, where was Steve when all this chicken and pot bit was happening??? :D :D :D I have no ideaer. I only met Steve a couple years ago.....

Jordy
01-17-2003, 10:02 AM
I just had to get that shot in before Miller, or someone equally as insincere, came along and threw it out. Just trying to help you out. :D

Screaming Pete
01-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Well I got a bunch of "the rub" from the cook at the beach shack and I'll be Jamacai'n MMMM Crazy on the sandbar this summer :cool:

Jordy
01-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Screaming Pete:
Well I got a bunch of "the rub" from the cook You got rubbed by the cook and now you're posting it here... dammit Pete, a handjob from some Bob Marley lookin' cook is nothing to be proud of. :D :D :D
Sorry bud, we just haven't picked on you for a while since you haven't been around.

MJ19
01-17-2003, 11:00 AM
jordanpaulk:
I just had to get that shot in before Miller, or someone equally as insincere, came along and threw it out. Just trying to help you out. :D Now Now Jordy, Miller is a VERY sincere guy...he would only have the Justin's best interest at heart :D

Screaming Pete
01-17-2003, 11:07 AM
jordanpaulk:
Screaming Pete:
Well I got a bunch of "the rub" from the cook You got rubbed by the cook and now you're posting it here... dammit Pete, a handjob from some Bob Marley lookin' cook is nothing to be proud of. :D :D :D
Sorry bud, we just haven't picked on you for a while since you haven't been around. Dammit JP i was carefull writting that for this very reason. I never said it was a guy or gal just Jamacain mon.. and my wife was with me anyway, but Hesdanisum s/p? was right next :D door :D

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 11:21 AM
jordanpaulk:
Screaming Pete:
Sorry bud, we just haven't picked on you for a while since you haven't been around. :D :D :D

al cole'holic
01-17-2003, 12:41 PM
...Jerk is some good shit!! Jerk chicken, jerk burgers, jerk dawgs, jerk pizza...had it all in Jamaica!

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 12:42 PM
Why do they call it "jerk"
:confused:

Liberator TJ1984
01-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Maybe they Jerk the Chicken before cooking ???

MJ19
01-17-2003, 03:35 PM
Liberator TJ1984:
Maybe they Jerk the Chicken before cooking ??? or maybe it's a jerk cooking the chicken? :p :D