PDA

View Full Version : Any info on the ambulance at London Bridge Saturday?

al cole'holic
04-28-2003, 09:34 AM
OH YEAH THAT WAS FOR ME!!!!!!!!! One hell of a day boys, but I made it out alive! Yes, for all you who may have seen the episode from Emergency in the channel, it was me gettin prop checked. What happened?? A simple wipe down while on the swim step turned tragic (dramatic :D ) when I ****ing slipped off, and attempted to reach for the grab handle during the fall cause I knew where I was headed...then I landed smack dab on the prop. I had a feeling things weren't right when I HAD MY WHOLE FIST INSIDE THE WOUND!! I got to the front of the boat and asked my buddy to get some help, next thing you know an ambulance comes charging through the golf course and about 10 EMT's start working...well, at least the ER is nice..hehehe. The doc lost count after 80 stitches, and I now have a nice 12 incher running up and down my lower back... :D :D
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/chris.jpg
*sorry but the pic is sideways*

Ultra5150
04-28-2003, 09:38 AM
I know it sucks, but thank God you are still alive to post about it. I hope they gave you some good pain killers and that you get well soon.

THOR
04-28-2003, 09:39 AM
Holy S*&@! Glad you are okay. That must have scarred the piss out of you.

Hustler
04-28-2003, 09:40 AM
OUCH!!!! dude, want to buy a jet boat? J/K :D sorry to here it Chris, I hope they gave you some vic's

hack job
04-28-2003, 09:41 AM
glad to see your ok we stoped by your boat in the channel on sat but found out that you were on you way to get that all doctored up! i hope you are feeling ok! eek!

mbrown2
04-28-2003, 09:41 AM
Al'Cole,
Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad you made it out with only stiches...now you have a war wound to brag about over beers... :)

HavasuDreamin'
04-28-2003, 09:47 AM
Hustler:
OUCH!!!! dude, want to buy a jet boat? J/K :D sorry to here it Chris, I hope they gave you some vic's Nothin' like kickin' a man when he is down. wink :D
Sorry to hear of your mishap Cole........but glad you are alright.

al cole'holic
04-28-2003, 09:54 AM
The scariest part was just thinking while in motion that "I know I am gonna hit it, but where?" My buddy told me a few of the boys had stopped by, but the time I got back to the boat he was all ****ered up yahoo.... :D
What was really ****ed up about the 'scrips is that the doc wanted to give me vic's, I said no...then he said percodene, I said no...then he said percocet's, I said hells yea! But like a dummy I brought the prescription home and didn't fill it there in Havi and now no pharmacy will fill it because AZ doesn't have the same laws we have with this narc...we need the triplicate prescription forms here in Ca..
[ April 28, 2003, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: al cole'holic ]

JetBoatRich
04-28-2003, 10:00 AM
That looks like it really hurt, glad to see you are somewhat alright. No jet jokes here, good luck on the recovery. Chicks Dig Stitches (right), go for the symphony and get a lot of attention. :D

Backtanner
04-28-2003, 10:14 AM
Just rub some 'tussin on it - Chris Rock

Starloans
04-28-2003, 10:35 AM
OUCH!
Hope you're doing ok. If that were me I would have needed 20 EMTs. i'm a wuss.
One word...Vicoden.
It worked when I have the lice accident.
Ahhhh...it'll probably buff out! :D

Mr.Havasu
04-28-2003, 10:53 AM
Glad you're o.k. Sounds like a scary experience. Thank God it wasn't worst. Hope you're not in too much pain.
Take care.

SCUBA STEVE
04-28-2003, 11:06 AM
Thats one nasty gash cry glad to hear you survived. I saw something by the eliminator booth at the OC boat show about a prop guard? I have a jet so I just kept walking. The next boat will have a prop, it looks like a prop guard will be on the must have list for me.

RiverToysJas
04-28-2003, 11:12 AM
RD and I saw your boat in the channel on Saturday and pulled over to see where you were. We talked to your buddy (can't remember his name) and heard the bad news.
Later than night, we issues of our own that required a hospital run......what a great weekend!!!
RTJas :D
[ April 28, 2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: RiverToysJas ]

Tom Brown
04-28-2003, 11:13 AM
Wow. I hope you're doing OK. :(
Would a longer swim platform have put you out of range of the prop?
Hang in there. :)

spectras only
04-28-2003, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tom Brown:
Would a longer swim platform have put you out of range of the prop?. Hey Tom ,better yet = switch to a V-drive .You'll get only hurt if you scuba dive :D

spectras only
04-28-2003, 11:22 AM
spectras only:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tom Brown:
Would a longer swim platform have put you out of range of the prop?. Hey Tom ,better yet = switch to a V-drive .You'll get only hurt if you scuba dive :D Ps; Al Cole ,wish you a speedy healing .Maybe River Dave's idea is a good one = put the prop in front of the drive wink

Dusty Times
04-28-2003, 12:11 PM
Glad to hear your OK. or even alive after that gash. jawdrop
I just bought a prop gaurd this weekend for the boat when its at home to keep the kids from getting knifed.
Does anybody make one that you can slip on the the water?

909er
04-28-2003, 12:34 PM
I think we pulled up right next to you after it happened. Glad to hear you are ok. We didn't think it was that bad because you were so calm.
Mrs.909er

Sandbar Junkies
04-28-2003, 04:23 PM
We pulled up right after it happened and I got a good look @ your back before they took you away and it looked really bad. Your buddy didn't have a clue what to do w/your boat, so I told him to just sit there and drink and he'd be ok, so he did. :D I cruised back by about 3 hours later and there was your buddy still sitting in your boat all alone drinking like a fish.
Glad to hear that you're doing ok.

wsuwrhr
04-28-2003, 04:39 PM
Lucky it didnt catch the Pogo stick and the BOYS.
Damn dude. Glad to hear you are ok. Stiches are good....
Real boats have the props UNDER them...
Brian
(jet owner)

mbrown2
04-28-2003, 04:44 PM
Sandbar Junkies:
Your buddy didn't have a clue what to do w/your boat, so I told him to just sit there and drink and he'd be ok, so he did. :D I cruised back by about 3 hours later and there was your buddy still sitting in your boat all alone drinking like a fish.
That's some funny shit...great advice BTW :D