PDA

View Full Version : AOL ??????

HammerDown
10-28-2002, 03:52 PM
So is AOL 8.0 GAY?

Jrocket
10-28-2002, 04:13 PM
No shit!!! Whats with the fairy colors they use now? For some reason my 8.0 locks up alot.But the color schemes keep getting gayer and uglier.Pastels are ugly as hell.........

LVjetboy
10-28-2002, 04:31 PM
Because AOL is gay? "So much advertising and free CD's, no wonder it's number one!" Oh wait, that was "easy to use" My bad.
In AOL-world, marketing is king, not freedom of information - the very heart of the internet. Or your ease of access for that matter. This goes WAAAAAY back. Been on the net and followed this company since the start. Remember the rep they got as "America Offline?" But what do you expect from Steve Case, whos background is a salesman and marketeer? Their ads take on a desperate tone these days.
And they (as a business) complain of needing to work on "retention" Hmmmm....wonder why? Could it be the quality of the product they provide? Naaaa :) Or is it because they offer a product people eventually discover they don't need for a price that's way above their competition? The beauty of slick maketing! Is Time-Warner still bailing them out? Maybe they should raise their rates again just to keep floating...
[ October 28, 2002, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: LVjetboy ]

HammerDown
10-28-2002, 04:47 PM
Well I was just wondering if I should click the 8.0 down load. Hmmmmm....Guess I'll stick with the 7.0
Oh well afetr the free 6 months of AOL I got with this new Dell expires, I'll be moving on any way.

partyfever
10-28-2002, 10:07 PM
F%$# aol they are a bunch of thives
we have been in battel for two years to try and cancil just had to write a letter to the better bussiness bural, cancil the credit card it was coming out of ,and hire a lawyer to get my money back to the tune of $600.00 im so pissed if it cost me 5 times the amount to get it back it will be worth it , i am also contacting all news afilites that will listen
so f$#! AOL!!!!!!!!!
se ya
p.f

79Hawaiian
10-28-2002, 10:13 PM
I decided AOL 2.0 was gay and haven't looked back since. They should rename it "Internet for dummies". Sorry but if you use AOL you would laugh at yourself for using it after using a real ISP for 3 months and looking back.
It's kind of like boating for years with a prop and then buying a jet boat... You look back and say to yourself, "What the hell was I thinking?"

Havasu Doug
10-28-2002, 10:23 PM
Yes, AOL 8.0=GAY! not only that, but AOL=GAY PERIOD! If you're currently using 7.0 don't upgrade unless you WANT to be gay! Unfortunately, I haven't replaced AOL for my internet connection yet. The mail sucks, so I use a POP3 account with Microsoft Outlook instead. I minimize AOL and use a different browser too, because AOL reminds me of Toon Town!

Rexone
10-28-2002, 10:46 PM
Even having AOL for your internet connection = GAY :D :D

Havasu Doug
10-28-2002, 11:05 PM
Rexone:
Even having AOL for your internet connection = GAY :D :D OK, what are my options for DSL in Orange? Right now I'm paying $43.85 monthly. Cable is not an option. I guess it's time to shop around again.

roostwear
10-29-2002, 06:15 AM
Doug,
I'm just a few miles from you and have Earthlink DSL and could NEVER go back to the old AOL, dialup days! I have had ZERO downtime because of Earthlink. My transfer rate isn't the greatest, but that is because of my distance. I am only 6X a 56k connection. The DSL and ISP chages come to $49.95/mo. I guess you could shop around and get an ISP, then a separate connection, but it's nice just making one call and having any problem taken care of for you.
My .02
BTW,we need to hook up with Superdave at Harvey's for refreshments! To discuss business, of course. :D
Mike

MJ19
10-29-2002, 07:17 AM
Rexone:
Even having AOL for your internet connection = GAY :D :D Ha, ha...Ditto! :D wink :p

Havasu Doug
10-29-2002, 07:20 AM
roostwear:
Doug,
I'm just a few miles from you and have Earthlink DSL and could NEVER go back to the old AOL, dialup days! I have had ZERO downtime because of Earthlink. My transfer rate isn't the greatest, but that is because of my distance. I am only 6X a 56k connection. The DSL and ISP chages come to $49.95/mo. I guess you could shop around and get an ISP, then a separate connection, but it's nice just making one call and having any problem taken care of for you.
My .02
BTW,we need to hook up with Superdave at Harvey's for refreshments! To discuss business, of course. :D
MikeThanks for the input Mike. I'm glad you brought up the speed issue. Even though I have gripes with AOL, my average download speed is 2.5 Mpbs. When downloading large files, it can go up to 5.0 Mpbs. No one ever believes me, but it's true. That's the main reason I haven't switched yet. That and having such a simple screen name. My primary is "F350". How simple is that? Can you tell I got in years ago? I was actually in BEFORE they offered internet service.
And yes, we gotta discuss biz!

MJ19
11-07-2002, 05:15 PM
HammerDown:
So is AOL 8.0 GAY?http://www.orbit3d.com/bbs/aol%20gayness.jpg
:D

JetBoatRich
11-07-2002, 05:28 PM
I just use explore most of the time.
The wife and kids like the AOL for e-mail they had for years. Cable Modem is the way to go.

WILDERTHANU54
11-07-2002, 05:38 PM
Rexone:
Even having AOL for your internet connection = GAY :D :D LOL!!!!!

snappertapper
11-07-2002, 06:28 PM
I got cable through comcast and its great but aol is defintely gay

BigDogIvan
11-07-2002, 10:48 PM
No matter what you do. It will always be AOHELL.
BD

Havasu Doug
11-08-2002, 03:20 AM
MJ19:
Rexone:
Even having AOL for your internet connection = GAY :D :D Ha, ha...Ditto! :D wink :p Lindsey, I didn't notice your comments regarding Mike's slam on me until today.
J/K :D I know it's all in good fun! :)

XTRM22
11-08-2002, 02:38 PM
Rexone:
Even having AOL for your internet connection = GAY :D :D Hey!!!! I think my feelings are hurt (damn that even sounded gay) I use AOL, yes it sucks but I'm probably not smart enough to use anything else and I never upgraded past AOl 6.0. Now does anybody hsve an web address for Eddie Marine cause I need to buy something just ta piss REXONE off! LOL :D :D
Chuck

gnarley
11-08-2002, 02:43 PM
Havasu Doug:
Rexone:
Even having AOL for your internet connection = GAY :D :D OK, what are my options for DSL in Orange? Right now I'm paying $43.85 monthly. Cable is not an option. I guess it's time to shop around again.http://www.dslreports.com/
Go to find service & inter your zip code it will show you who provides DSL in your area & how much :D

Havasu Doug
11-08-2002, 04:45 PM
gnarley:
Havasu Doug:
Rexone:
Even having AOL for your internet connection = GAY :D :D OK, what are my options for DSL in Orange? Right now I'm paying $43.85 monthly. Cable is not an option. I guess it's time to shop around again.http://www.dslreports.com/
Go to find service & inter your zip code it will show you who provides DSL in your area & how much :D Thanks for the info. :)

LVjetboy
11-10-2002, 10:41 AM
Chuck, you're smart enough...go for it! Join the growing swell of happy x-aol users:
AOHELL (http://users.lvcm.com/lvjetboy/aohell.wmv)
...or continue to donate to Mr. Case's millions.