PDA

View Full Version : New computer

HCS
01-17-2003, 09:21 AM
WHERE would you buy a computer from?. Curcit city,Fry's,Computer warehouse or somewhere like Gateway or Dell? or..... :confused:

Jordy
01-17-2003, 09:22 AM
Dad, we already had this talk. You're getting a Dell, remember? You can do it all online too. It's the only way to go in my opinion. :D

Blown 472
01-17-2003, 09:23 AM
I will second that, you get alot for what you pay for and it is delivered to your house. :D

Hal
01-17-2003, 09:36 AM
I just ordered a new dell system online. Got a great deal. A lot of free up grades and free shipping. :)

mbrown2
01-17-2003, 09:41 AM
I have a lot of influence of what we buy here at work, and we don't buy Dell for a number of reasons, but if I was buying as a Consumer, I would go Dell(1st) or Gateway (2nd)...You get more for your money, you can customize it like a boat, and they can get it too you quick, and provide you good phone support.
One bit of advice...I would look to spend the extra money and go laptop...this allows you compute anywhere around the house, and for a couple hundred bucks more, you can get the 802.11 Wireless Network kit...and be online anywhere in your house, garage or pool. :)

jimmieleeraybob
01-17-2003, 09:43 AM
Order a Dell and have it configured the way you want it. That way you're paying for things you don't want. I'm on my third Dell now...never had a problem. In fact, my first Dell is still in use! Remember, get as much memory and hard-drive as you can afford...then get more. Just like a boat!

Windy
01-17-2003, 09:44 AM
www.dell.com (http://www.dell.com)

HammerDown
01-17-2003, 10:13 AM
I also went with the Dell 8200 Dimension...so far so good.

DogHouse
01-17-2003, 10:20 AM
When I was shopping last year I looked around quite a bit and ended up with going with ABS Computers http://www.buyabs.com. Prices were better than Dell so I was able to get a faster machine for less money. Another alternative is http://www.nutrend.com. Good luck!
-brian

Jordy
01-17-2003, 10:21 AM
HammerDown:
I also went with the Dell 8200 Dimension...so far so good. That is the one I ordered up about a year ago... all the options and upgrades as I don't plan on buying a new computer every couple years. This thing kicks ass. It has an 85 gig hard drive on it, now they are offering 120 gigs or something like that, I have a years worth of accumulation on here, games, pictures, almost 700 songs, work documents and such, and still have like 85% free capacity. This is the coolest thing ever.
They have free shipping promos all the time, just wait for one of those and it will end up saving you like $100 or so. :D

HavasuDreamin'
01-17-2003, 10:21 AM
My wife has a Dell. Had a virus that played havoc with it. Thought she got it out of the system, but didn't. A year later it was still there. The dumb shits a Dell couldn't help her. After trying everybody she new with any computer knowledge, Microsoft Tech were the only ones that could figure it out.
Other than that, she has had no problems. wink :D

BlownHowardCat
01-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Why not just build one yourself ? My Pentium 4 1.8 gig cost me a whopping $265.00.......was the first one I built.......took a whole 2 hrs to build.......laterzzzzzz