PDA

View Full Version : In support of our troops: Do not use Bank of the West

totenhosen
03-11-2003, 08:20 AM
As all of you know there has been a movement to stop using any french products. (I can't think of any that I use anyway) However Bank of the West is a french owned Bank. THe Bank is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas. So to show support for our troops if you have an account there close it and move it to another Bank.

uvindex
03-11-2003, 08:39 AM
I don't want my reply to be taken the wrong way, so let me first state: (1) I'm not French, and I have no particular love for the French, (2) I have no affiliation with Bank of the West, (3) I support our troops 100%. :) That being said:
Won't boycotting Bank of the West harm the thousands of Americans who work at the hundreds of BotW branches here (in America)? Their website says Bank of the West has 300 branches and nearly 6,000 full-ime employees and a presence in most of the West’s population centers. Also, Essex Credit is owned by Bank of the West (and I just saw a thread on this board from some happy Essex Credit boat-financing customers.)
Happy Boating,
CS

Screaming Pete
03-11-2003, 08:39 AM
I with ya brother Fa*&K the french I quit drinking the soda water in the green bottle too burningm

totenhosen
03-11-2003, 09:01 AM
RatherBeInLHC:
I don't want my reply to be taken the wrong way, so let me first state: (1) I'm not French, and I have no particular love for the French, (2) I have no affiliation with Bank of the West, (3) I support our troops 100%. :) That being said:
Won't boycotting Bank of the West harm the thousands of Americans who work at the hundreds of BotW branches here (in America)? Their website says Bank of the West has 300 branches and nearly 6,000 full-ime employees and a presence in most of the West’s population centers. Also, Essex Credit is owned by Bank of the West (and I just saw a thread on this board from some happy Essex Credit boat-financing customers.)
Happy Boating,
CS Not neccessarily! If BofW customers go elsewhere that means another Bank will need to service their needs, which in turn will mean that other Banks will need to hire additional staffing to care for the influx of new customers.
[ March 11, 2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: totenhosen ]

HAULNZ
03-11-2003, 12:31 PM
I was the one that posted about Essex Credit. And yes they are owned by Bank of the West, but they are one of the finest companies I have done business with in the last 15 years. Their customer service is second to none, and NO I do not work for them. First, I support our troops 100%, we wouldn't be in this mess if we would have finished the job the last time. I am so sick of hearing all the BS about don't use this product, boycott this gas station, you support terrorist if you drive a SUV. It's all bullsh#^#^. Do you really think if the French don't go along with the USA, that it will change what happens?? I don't think so, It's not IF we go to war it's only a question of WHEN. My .02 is go in there clean house and let everyone get back to there lives.

bmff
03-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Do I have to get rid of the little lady in the french maids costume??

rivernutts
03-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Damn, I love my french maid too! Oh sh!t I love french bread too! Oh double sh!t I love french fries too!!!!! I'm screwed!!! J/K I love my country and support all of our troops and totally agree to not by anything french or russian made!! However I do not support rebuilding that dirt hole they call Iraq, Go in take saddam out snag the oil that we need and bring our troops home where they belong!!! devil

mister460
03-11-2003, 06:54 PM
While I appreciate the support, don't worry about it. Remember, "Going to war without the Freanch is like going deer hunting without an accordian." Quote, Norman Schwartzkopf.
"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't
help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France!"
---Jay Leno
I know the Marines don't need the French. Well, unless we need some clove cigarettes, mustachioed women, or smelly cheese.

Wet Dream
03-11-2003, 07:12 PM
I asked my boys what they wanted for breakfast the other morning. Their reply was French Toast. I didn't think anything of it at the time. I've said french toast plenty of times since I was a kid and knew what it was. While cooking the breakfast it dawned on me that this was something named after a bunch of pussies. I don't just call them that from the recent events or lack there of, they have always been pussies. :D We now call that little breakfast, "Farmer's Toast". No particular reason, but better than french. oui oui

CA Stu
03-11-2003, 07:55 PM
Freedom Tickler
CA Stu