PDA

View Full Version : PERFORMANCE MARINE (ROD DASH) CRIMINAL

26 QUEST
06-05-2003, 03:05 PM
BEWARE ALL BOATERS. TURN AND RUN. THIS GUY HAS NO CLUE ON WHAT HE IS DOING.

Mr.Havasu
06-05-2003, 03:06 PM
sounds like another dissatisfied customer eek!

voodooCanoe
06-05-2003, 03:11 PM
Whats up, lets here the dirt! Need to explain when trashing on someone! :confused:
[ June 05, 2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: voodooCanoe ]

Warlock28
06-05-2003, 03:15 PM
Located where?
:mad: :mad: :mad:

26 QUEST
06-05-2003, 03:15 PM
JUST PUT A PROCHARGER ON DALLAS ELIMINATOR AND NOT MORE THAN 20 MINUTES IN THE WATER ENGINE TAKES A SHIT. NOW ITS COSTING $10400 TO REPAIR. THIS GUY WILL NOT STAND BY HIS WORK. RUN FAST.

26 QUEST
06-05-2003, 03:16 PM
OSHKOSH,WI

voodooCanoe
06-05-2003, 03:21 PM
What was the cause? What do you mean by take's a shit? I want all the dirt!

purple profile
06-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Ask dallas I towed his family in. Was not pretty.

BP1330
06-05-2003, 04:17 PM
Can you give us a little more info on the company????

Charley
Was this a procharger on his HP500?

Charley
Was this a procharger on his HP500?

26 QUEST
06-05-2003, 04:19 PM
YES IT WAS. NOT PRETTY. I GAVE HIS FAMILY A RIDE BACK TO SHORE, I FELT BAD FOR HIM.

dallas
06-05-2003, 04:31 PM
i ran the boat for aprox 20 minutes right from the get go some thing was wrong i called rod from the water a couple of times to tell him what was going on. engine started to knock only could get 4000 rpm i called pro charger and asked who is the guru of pro chargers i did not want to make the same mistake twice. they said if you dont mind driving 8 hours 1 way. shumaker performance in greenwood indiana was there first choice so off ie went. bill shumaker and his son in law jeff are very nice. bill knew right away what some of the problem were rod used the stock fuel system for starters which i guess is a big no,no and about 10 other mistakes. so i leaned the engine out and did some internal damage i have contacted rod i am waiting to here what is his intention. if he refunds all my money i will post it and let you know but as of right now he is undecided on what he wants to do i have alot of isues about our situation. if he chooses to do the right thing i will not post if not i will post them all with a copy of all his emails over the last 6 months so i will wait about a weak and see what he is going to do. i want to be as fair as i can i am probably beeing way to fair. after what i have been through watch for my next reply i will let you know

NOCTURNAL
06-05-2003, 04:31 PM
It seems to me that Dallas has no business owning a performance boat. I read many of the posts in the "Cats & Tunnels" section and if you are going to buy a performance boat and modify it, you better have some knowledge to help you along the way. If he doesn't know how to work on an engine, he had better have some friends who can point him in the right direction. It seems he has neither. Its sad when somebody will spend that kind of money on a boat, then he wants to cut corners and be thrifty to make it faster.
He got himself in a lot of trouble using that method. He seems to go from one lousy shop to the next getting bad info or broken parts, or both.
I hope this thing works out in his favor (I do not wish someone to have to deal with this), but do not jump head first into something without getting yourself educated. I am no genius with boats or cars, but I know enough to be dangerous, which I feel will help me if somebody tries to feed me some B.S.
Its like the Fram commercial..."Pay a little now, or pay a lot later."

GlastronGuy
06-05-2003, 05:07 PM
dallas:
so i leaned the engine out and did some internal damage I am not sure I follow this. You changed the timing/jets/something, causing the motor to run lean? If that's the case, how is it anyones fault but yours?

Freak
06-05-2003, 05:17 PM
I'm guessing the stock fuel system made the motor run lean when the procharger was installed. He made no changes he just drove it. Too lean too long too bad.
[ June 05, 2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: Freak ]

mike37
06-05-2003, 06:01 PM
HTM told me to beware of shops that tell you you can just bolt on a prochager it works it you go with low boost but you need to chang the injectors
to compensate for the increas in air
cheep shops will chang fual pump to force more gas
but it over presurs the injectors so you dont get
a good mix so boom goes you motor some get lucky
and it works but cuts the life of the motor

mike37
06-05-2003, 06:02 PM
mike37:
HTM told me to beware of shops that tell you you can just bolt on a prochager it works if you go with low boost but you need to chang the injectors
to compensate for the increas in air
cheep shops will chang fual pump to force more gas
but it over presurs the injectors so you dont get
a good mix so boom goes you motor some get lucky
and it works but cuts the life of the motor

dallas
06-05-2003, 06:06 PM
botom line you can not run this with the stock fuel system. i am not a mechanic i thought i hired one. i do not have a crystal ball to know who is honest and who is not. i dont want to tell the whole story yet i am waiting to see if he will refund my money because we both know it was installed in properly. i dont operate on myself and i dont fill my own teeth i dont work on my own boat i do trust people maybe thats where i went wrong. if some one tells me that they build motors and they have done alot of super chargers i tend to believe them. yes i do assume some blame if i would of called the better buisness buro first i would of never taken it to him. but i cant change the past nocturnal i have probably owned more boats than you are old. i want people who are trainned to work on motors and who have the correct tools i do not if you do you should open a shop. there are very few people who have all this equipment just laying around there garage a dyno some thing to remap your ecm so if you have all of this let me know you can work on it for me

Rexone
06-05-2003, 07:50 PM
dallas:
so i leaned the engine out and did some internal damage i have contacted rod i am waiting to here what is his intention. if he refunds all my money i will post it and let you know but as of right now he is undecided on what he wants to do[/b] i have alot of isues about our situation. if he chooses to do the right thing i will not post if not i will post them all with a copy of all his emails over the last 6 months so i will wait about a weak and see what he is going to do. i want to be as fair as i can i am probably beeing way to fair. after what i have been through watch for my next reply i will let you know Not trying to stir shit here but I keep seeing these bashing threads "before" it has even been determined that the "bashee" isn't going to take care of the problem. I just don't get that. And yes I do realize you didn't start this thread.
Just an observation. :)

PlayTime
06-05-2003, 08:03 PM
I have to agree with Rexone on this one. but thats just my .02 cents
[ June 05, 2003, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: PlayTime ]

Badboat1
06-05-2003, 08:10 PM
I can build all the bad ass stuff but you have to have all the other things to go with it or guess what burn down.And as Rexone said talk to the builder first and give him a chance and get another opion of what happen.Enginr builder or owner fault. Not wanting this to be a bad post to either peps involved.
My 2 cents BB1

TCHB
06-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Yes you must understand the entire picture before anyone starts putting on superchargers. It sounds like you have a backyard mechanic playing on your dime. Good Luck

superdave013
06-05-2003, 09:23 PM
Rexone:
dallas:
so i leaned the engine out and did some internal damage i have contacted rod i am waiting to here what is his intention. if he refunds all my money i will post it and let you know but as of right now he is undecided on what he wants to do[/b] i have alot of isues about our situation. if he chooses to do the right thing i will not post if not i will post them all with a copy of all his emails over the last 6 months so i will wait about a weak and see what he is going to do. i want to be as fair as i can i am probably beeing way to fair. after what i have been through watch for my next reply i will let you know Not trying to stir shit here but I keep seeing these bashing threads "before" it has even been determined that the "bashee" isn't going to take care of the problem. I just don't get that. And yes I do realize you didn't start this thread.
Just an observation. :) I agree, This thread is way to early. Gotta give at least one chance to make it right.

hd&boatrider
06-05-2003, 09:42 PM
Rexone:
dallas:
Just an observation. :) Sometimes you need to do this to get somebody's attention...positive and negative...It is best to think about possible outcomes before posting like this though. Each case is a little different and for some people this might be their last resort. Just for the record...I am not talking about any specific stuff concerning me.

Tom Brown
06-05-2003, 09:54 PM
How do you know Performance Marine won't handle the problem, HD?
In situations like this, I believe there is an ethical obligation on the part of both parties to deal with each other and attempt to resolve the issue. If those dealings break down or one party isn't interested, then there is some basis for a public outcry of wrong doing. Making a mistake or having a part go bad is not a reason to drag a vendor's reputation through the mud. A vendor not correcting something they are responsible for, however, is.

dallas
06-06-2003, 04:10 AM
as of right now he has no intention of doing any thing!!! if it changes i will let you know.

hd&boatrider
06-06-2003, 07:19 AM
Tom Brown:
How do you know Performance Marine won't handle the problem, HD?
In situations like this, I believe there is an ethical obligation on the part of both parties to deal with each other and attempt to resolve the issue. If those dealings break down or one party isn't interested, then there is some basis for a public outcry of wrong doing. Making a mistake or having a part go bad is not a reason to drag a vendor's reputation through the mud. A vendor not correcting something they are responsible for, however, is. I agree with you totally TB....I see further info was posted by Dallas to clarify this.

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 07:44 AM
I DO KNOW THE WHOLE STORY AND DALLAS HAS BEEN GETTING THE RUN AROUND FOR OVER 6 MTHS WITH THIS GUY. THE PERSON WE TALK ABOUT DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD NAME AROUND HERE, THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THINGS LIKE THIS HAVE HAPPENED AT HIS SHOP.JUST TO FILL YOU IN DALLAS HAS HAD TO RUN PARTS TO ROD JUST TO GET HIM TO FINISH HIS BOAT.ONCE THIS GUY GETS MONEY HE DOES NOT WANT TO FINISH THE JOB.BY THE WAY THIS WAS A H.P.500 STOCK MOTOR HE USED WITH VERY LOW HOURS ON IT. SOUNDS TO ME LIKE A VERY EASY INSTALL FOR SOMEONE WHO WORKS ON MOTORS FOR A LIVING. GIVE DALLAS A BRAKE HE'S THE ONE WHO DID RIGHT BUY PAYING SOMEONE GOOD MONEY TO HAVE A JOB DONE RIGHT.I DO HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR BOTH PARTIES INVOLVED.

Boozer
06-06-2003, 07:46 AM
Is it common for boaters to take a boat to a shop and say "Here's my wallet give me horsepower."??
This has got to be the dumbest approach to gaining HP that I have ever seen. It's one thing to have someone do the work for you but it's another to have no idea what someone is doing to your boat.
Whether you turn your wrenches or have someone else do it you should do the research and make sure you know exactly what you need to support any kind of modification installed. And always make sure to get refferences before having work done.
Thank god I turn my own wrenches and don't have to deal with shit like this.

purple profile
06-06-2003, 08:34 AM
Boozer, Does your name have anything to do with your reply.. It seems to me that Performance Marine would be a credited place to have work done for adding HP. Now I dont think anyone would just open a wallet and say give me power. You need to know what you are saying before you reply, please try again.

Blown 472
06-06-2003, 08:48 AM
Dealing with this for six months? and then you said you had to tow him in?? wtf the water was frozen solid six months ago, not sure what part of the state you boat in but two hours nort of you it was frozen.

twistedpair
06-06-2003, 08:56 AM
26 QUEST:
THE PERSON WE TALK ABOUT DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD NAME AROUND HERE, THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THINGS LIKE THIS HAVE HAPPENED AT HIS SHOP. And you still let him work on your boat? :confused:
Caveat Emptor Pal, you get what you pay for.

Hermosa
06-06-2003, 09:38 AM
Sounds like another Cartier Boater. Just because you have money doesn't mean you belong in a nice boat. Stick with your entery level boat and learn, then go to the custom stuff once you get educated. My 2 cents.

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 09:39 AM
PLAIN IGNORANT. HIS BOAT IS STORED IN THE WINTERS IN WI. YA KNOW WHERE WISCONSIN IS? LET ME HELP GET A MAP AND GO NORTH WEST FROM TEXAS. IF YOU POST A REPLY QUIT BEING MORONIC. DALLAS BOAT WAS IN THE SHOP FOR 6 MONTHS DURING THE WINTER THERFORE NO HURRY FINISHING IT WHEN HE GOT THE BOAT BACK THATS WHEN THE TROUBLE STARTED. IF ANY ONE SAYS YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWEN BETTER GET YOUR HEADS EXAMINED. WHEN YOU SAY YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR JUST LOOK AT YOUR BOAT AND ASK YOUR SELF THAT SAME K-MART QUESTION.

Hermosa
06-06-2003, 09:40 AM
And another thing, going on the boards and calling someone a criminal, well before you worked out your problems is just in poor taste. I hope this guy takes you to the cleaners, maybe you can learn how to negotiate in a bad situation next time instead of being a hot head. Live and learn kids...

Hermosa
06-06-2003, 09:42 AM
26 QUEST:
PLAIN IGNORANT. HIS BOAT IS STORED IN THE WINTERS IN WI. YA KNOW WHERE WISCONSIN IS? LET ME HELP GET A MAP AND GO NORTH WEST FROM TEXAS. IF YOU POST A REPLY QUIT BEING MORONIC. DALLAS BOAT WAS IN THE SHOP FOR 6 MONTHS DURING THE WINTER THERFORE NO HURRY FINISHING IT WHEN HE GOT THE BOAT BACK THATS WHEN THE TROUBLE STARTED. IF ANY ONE SAYS YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWEN BETTER GET YOUR HEADS EXAMINED. WHEN YOU SAY YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR JUST LOOK AT YOUR BOAT AND ASK YOUR SELF THAT SAME K-MART QUESTION. CAPS lock, it's that little key to the left of the A...

Boozer
06-06-2003, 09:42 AM
purple profile:
Boozer, Does your name have anything to do with your reply.. It seems to me that Performance Marine would be a credited place to have work done for adding HP. Now I dont think anyone would just open a wallet and say give me power. You need to know what you are saying before you reply, please try again. Have you not read posts in the past from this guy?
"Now I dont think anyone would just open a wallet and say give me power."
That is exactly what Dallas does. I have read his other posts.

uvindex
06-06-2003, 09:46 AM
IF ANY ONE SAYS YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWEN BETTER GET YOUR HEADS EXAMINED.Please stop SHOUTING. ALL CAPS is used to indicate SHOUTING. If you're not trying to SHOUT every message, use upper and lower case -- it will make your messages much more readable.

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 09:48 AM
Maybe he has it to give. Jealous?

Boozer
06-06-2003, 09:49 AM
This is funny. The topic should be changed to ***boaters VS Dallas Fan Club(will the Dallas groupies win?)

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 09:49 AM
Caps does not mean shouting. Just call and find out.

twistedpair
06-06-2003, 09:51 AM
26 QUEST:
WHEN YOU SAY YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR JUST LOOK AT YOUR BOAT AND ASK YOUR SELF THAT SAME K-MART QUESTION. I like my K-mart boat just fine thanks. $25K for a boat with Big Block, Bravo 1 and six years of flawless performance, I'd say I got what I payed for and then some. See ya on the dock pal, obviously won't be seeing you on the water! :rolleyes:
[ June 06, 2003, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: twistedpair ]

Boozer
06-06-2003, 09:52 AM
26 QUEST:
Caps does not mean shouting. Just call and find out. Call who??? WE ARE THE TYPING POLICE BITCH AND YOU'RE UNDER ARREST FOR IMPROPER USE OF CAPS!!
And yes, that was shouting.

purple profile
06-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Well sounds like you overpaid, but good for you. Ive had problems before with boats and it seems that you can never find someone who is honest and does good work.

Essex502
06-06-2003, 09:59 AM
Moronic? Sounds like the idiot that took his boat to a mechanic he didn't know and didn't ask around for recommendations. Should have come here first or at least called Procharger for an authorized installer.
No one should have to deal with bad workmanship by anyone either. But if you don't do your homework and get references then caveat emptor.

Boozer
06-06-2003, 10:01 AM
Essex502:
caveat emptor. Me no habla español

twistedpair
06-06-2003, 10:06 AM
[From Latin caveat mptor, let the buyer beware : caveat, third person sing. present subjunctive of cavre, to beware + mptor, buyer.]

dorC
06-06-2003, 10:08 AM
[ June 06, 2003, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: dorC ]

big Doug
06-06-2003, 10:22 AM
Too be fair to everyone, I also had a procharger installed from a local vendor, but spent a lot of time with the boat on the trailer tuning. The vendor did a rather poor job on the install (running to lean, had to reroute hoses, reinstalled pressure regulator,....) I am still tweaking with it (6 months later). But on the other side, the only way to get that experience is to live it. Most guys with big horsepower have had days like he has had. I understand his reasons but would not call the guy anything until he does not stand up for his install. You never know, the engine could have been ready to blow and the procharger just helped to along!

Blown 472
06-06-2003, 10:31 AM
26 QUEST:
PLAIN IGNORANT. HIS BOAT IS STORED IN THE WINTERS IN WI. YA KNOW WHERE WISCONSIN IS? LET ME HELP GET A MAP AND GO NORTH WEST FROM TEXAS. IF YOU POST A REPLY QUIT BEING MORONIC. DALLAS BOAT WAS IN THE SHOP FOR 6 MONTHS DURING THE WINTER THERFORE NO HURRY FINISHING IT WHEN HE GOT THE BOAT BACK THATS WHEN THE TROUBLE STARTED. IF ANY ONE SAYS YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWEN BETTER GET YOUR HEADS EXAMINED. WHEN YOU SAY YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR JUST LOOK AT YOUR BOAT AND ASK YOUR SELF THAT SAME K-MART QUESTION. Yup, know right where it is, in fact as I type I am sitting on a chuck of the state. Moronic?? me?? maybe but I do know how to use a comma. Try it, you might like it.
You sound just like the dipshits on the wolf river that sit around the bridge bar and talk up their boats, but when I ask if they want to race there is always some chickshit excuss.
More money then brains. :D

Essex502
06-06-2003, 10:38 AM
twistedpair:
[From Latin caveat mptor, let the buyer beware : caveat, third person sing. present subjunctive of cavre, to beware + mptor, buyer.] Or from the same source in ENGLISH for our Latin challenged posters:
"The axiom or principle in commerce that the buyer alone is responsible for assessing the quality of a purchase before buying." dictionary.com

Boozer
06-06-2003, 10:40 AM
Essex502:
twistedpair:
[From Latin caveat mptor, let the buyer beware : caveat, third person sing. present subjunctive of cavre, to beware + mptor, buyer.] Or from the same source in ENGLISH for our Latin challenged posters:
"The axiom or principle in commerce that the buyer alone is responsible for assessing the quality of a purchase before buying." dictionary.com Now I understand. :D
Thank you.

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 10:44 AM
Sorry about the comma thing. You are right I do like it. Now get back and flip those burgers.

Blown 472
06-06-2003, 10:46 AM
26 QUEST:
Sorry about the comma thing. You are right I do like it. Now get back and flip those burgers. Geez, I would love to but I gave that up prior to becoming an engineer. Now make some tacos and I am so there. :D
[ June 06, 2003, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

Blown 472
06-06-2003, 10:51 AM
Hey Quest found a pic of your boat. http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/19HOODPO_1_1-med.jpg

Essex502
06-06-2003, 10:57 AM
Boozer:
Essex502:
twistedpair:
"The axiom or principle in commerce that the buyer alone is responsible for assessing the quality of a purchase before buying." dictionary.com Now I understand. :D
Thank you. No hay problema, señor.
[ June 06, 2003, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Essex502 ]

Blown 472
06-06-2003, 11:00 AM
This has been a very informing thread, we get a latin lesson, what not to do to your boat, and learned where the caps key is, damn I am glad I got up this morning. :D :D

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 11:16 AM
all fun aside,dallas is not having a good time with this prob.blown where do you boat and what do you have?

Blown 472
06-06-2003, 11:20 AM
26 QUEST:
all fun aside,dallas is not having a good time with this prob.blown where do you boat and what do you have? I boat on the wolf river near fremont.
I hope you know I am just busting your balls and dont mean anything.
I have a glastron carlson, I am sorry to hear about his dealio, I hope it works out for him. http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/19MVC-004xF-med.jpg
[ June 06, 2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

purple profile
06-06-2003, 11:20 AM
I know you Quest. Why do you say V Hulls are better than Cats. If you have a problem with his statement call kevin I mean Quest at 608-221-0000

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 11:25 AM
is that a 20 foot jet? have you herd anything good about rod?

Blown 472
06-06-2003, 11:27 AM
26 QUEST:
is that a 20 foot jet? have you herd anything good about rod? It is nineteen foot, no I have not heard anything about him.
There is some guy in Omro that is supposed to really know his shit about blown motors and efi, I cant think of his name right now. :rolleyes:

Blown 472
06-06-2003, 11:38 AM
Hey Quest, Goodwill competition. 920-685-3000 give them a shout.

superdave013
06-06-2003, 11:40 AM
purple profile:
I know you Quest. Why do you say V Hulls are better than Cats. If you have a problem with his statement call kevin I mean Quest at 608-221-0000 Ha Ha, I bet you do know Quest. Your member # is one off from his and your IP looks to be exactly the same as his. So do you just know him or are you really him too?

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 11:41 AM
I had a cvx 20 with a 460 ford loved that boat.

Blown 472
06-06-2003, 11:42 AM
26 QUEST:
I had a cvx 20 with a 460 ford loved that boat. Cool, I have a ford in this one too, just sixty over.

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Purple profile works with me and likes to use my sign in sometimes.he's not a bad guy.did i tell you he likes the vikings. Do i need to say any more!

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Mine was stock, but was it fun.

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 11:47 AM
blown 427 you should come down to madison sometime and run. sounds like you could blow the doors off the purple profile when he gets the training wheels off.

superdave013
06-06-2003, 11:49 AM
26 QUEST:
Purple profile works with me and likes to use my sign in sometimes.he's not a bad guy.did i tell you he likes the vikings. Do i need to say any more! So that explains the same IP thing then. You 2 must have singed up at the very same time also.

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 11:54 AM
yes if i dont log off he comes in and uses my log in. Dallas is his bro.

OGShocker
06-06-2003, 11:56 AM
I was going to put this twin blower set up on our boat but, the wife said NO!
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/7716.jpg
TY/JIU!
[ June 06, 2003, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: OGShocker ]

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 11:58 AM
Dave what is your ride? :cool:

superdave013
06-06-2003, 12:02 PM
26 QUEST:
Dave what is your ride? :cool: Who me? 20' Schiada v drive deal.

Blown 472
06-06-2003, 12:15 PM
26 QUEST:
blown 427 you should come down to madison sometime and run. sounds like you could blow the doors off the purple profile when he gets the training wheels off. hehehehehe you run around on mindota??? (sp)?

Blown 472
06-06-2003, 12:15 PM
OGShocker:
I was going to put this twin blower set up on our boat but, the wife said NO!
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/7716.jpg
TY/JIU! Now you did it, Jordy will be here and pissed cuz you are working over his chicks.

Blown 472
06-06-2003, 12:17 PM
superdave013:
26 QUEST:
Dave what is your ride? :cool: Who me? 20' Schiada v drive deal. Show him some pix of that kick ass ride of yours. eek!
[ June 06, 2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 12:19 PM
MONONA, MORE PLACES TO STOP AT. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN HERE. WE ALSO GO TO LAKE WISCONSIN THAT IS WERE PURPLE PETIFILE AND DALLAS RUN. LOTS OF FAST OUTBOARDS RUNNING HERE.

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 12:21 PM
HOW DO YOU PUT THE PICS.IN? HOW ABOUT UNDER YOUR NAME. I WANT ONE.

26 QUEST
06-06-2003, 12:23 PM
HOT BOAT HAS A PIC. OF MY BOAT IN THE PHOTO GALL. FROM THE MIAMI BOATS SHOW. POWERQUEST USED IT DOWN THERE AND SOMEONE TOOK A PIC. AND SENT IN TO HOT BOAT.I THOUGHT IT WAS COOL.

Blown 472
06-06-2003, 12:25 PM
26 QUEST:
HOW DO YOU PUT THE PICS.IN? HOW ABOUT UNDER YOUR NAME. I WANT ONE. Your avitar, go to my profile and at the top click on update or what ever that is called and page down, you will see a place to put your avitar in.

twistedpair
06-06-2003, 12:27 PM
26 QUEST:
HOW DO YOU PUT THE PICS.IN? HOW ABOUT UNDER YOUR NAME. I WANT ONE. Go to My Profile then view/update profile. Pics must have a URL, you can post them to the image center first then put them in your profile. Might try FAQ's or 'Test Post Forum' for more info.

Boozer
06-06-2003, 01:09 PM
You are just now figuring that out RD?

Boozer
06-06-2003, 01:20 PM
I am glad that you do not repress your true emotions any longer then need be RD. It is good for the mind to say it like you feel it. I am proud of you. smile_sp

Charley
06-06-2003, 03:08 PM
As it turns out guys 26 quest and purple profile are 2 seperate people I just got a copy of one of there Conversations (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38Fired.asf) at work
:D

purple profile
06-07-2003, 06:09 AM
Charley now thats funny. Yes quest and I are both business managers at a car dealership in Wi. We have debates over each other boats but all in good fun. As far as my boat I think I got a great deal for 50k.

Backtanner
06-07-2003, 08:57 AM
I guess what I don't understand about the whole thing is...
26 QUEST:
THE PERSON WE TALK ABOUT DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD NAME AROUND HERE, THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THINGS LIKE THIS HAVE HAPPENED AT HIS SHOP. If his rep is this bad, why did he get the call from your friend as opposed to someone else. I'm not in anyone's club or bandstand, it just doesn't make sense. You say he has a bad rep and then come off as surprised when something like this happens?

nmdcb
06-07-2003, 09:10 AM
to start with, i am definitely not trying to stir up any XXXX here but, i do have a few questions or opinions about the whole procharger debacle. first off, i am curious about the issue of the stock fuel system. i have installed numerous procharger systems in the past, and if memory serves me procharger in their kit gives a fuel regulator bypass that goes in the stock merc fuel cooler setup and a new remote mounted regulator with a bypass, not to mention a large aeromotive pump to supply the system. procharger is also very specific about plug ranges and fuel pressure settings. i always told my customers that changeing the head gaskets and studding the heads was not an option as far as i was concerned, nor was remapping the stock computer. we also for extra measure always added a liquid fuel gauge by the motor and one on the dash, and were very specific where the fuel pressure was suppose to be. i wouldn't install a system without these things being done. i guess what i am getting at is it is not hard to determine if the shop hooked up the fuel system correctly. it sounds to me that someone did not take the time to tune the boat at the lake. the part that really surprises me is the estimated repair cost. i had a customer who put to hot of plugs in his system and caused a pretty serious lean condition, which is what it sounds like you had happen. in his case we had to bore the block 30 over and change the pistons and rings and replace some valves. at the time, approximately 2 years ago, the machine shop bill was less than 2 grand and i charged him 20 hours labor to r & r the motor. if the install shop really caused so many problems i strongly suggest you contact procharger, the last thing they want is someone installing their systems and melting peoples motors. sorry guys, didn't mean to ramble so much, just my o2.

SoCalOffshore
06-07-2003, 10:15 AM
Hey Blown, you look suprisingly like Huggy Bear. Or are you just a fan of him?