PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't you people on vacation?

Mandelon
08-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Lot's O' peeps on line......WTF?

75_Elim
08-30-2003, 07:39 PM
Mandelon:
Lot's O' peeps on line......WTF? I just got back from Buena Vista and I'm heading to Castaic tomorrow !! So I'm just here resting :D Why aren't you out somewhere???
This is the best time for local lakes! All the people leave LA to go far and the local lakes are empty. Buena today was like a ghost town.

jet496
08-30-2003, 07:44 PM
We can't handle all the crowds out on the big weekends. Too dangerous. We'll be out next weekend & have the river to ourselves.
I'm enjoying just having a 3 day weekend anyway :D .

JetBoatRich
08-30-2003, 07:52 PM
I have been on vacation for a month :D hit the lake tomorrow :cool:

novaguy
08-30-2003, 07:57 PM
I'd have to say thanks to D&S Interior for ruinning my whole summer!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

JetBoatRich
08-30-2003, 08:00 PM
novaguy:
I'd have to say thanks to D&S Interior for ruinning my whole summer!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Those SOB's, how long have they been at it?

jet496
08-30-2003, 08:03 PM
They're a real reliable bunch, huh. They don't deserve to stay in business. I give them one more year, tops. Took them 3 months to fix three stitches. Actually they didn't even get to that, so I finally took my cushions back & returned them after the season. It still took them a couple months to do one simple task. They flat out LIE to you & other people I know. I will not take anything back to them even if it's warranty.

hoolign
08-30-2003, 08:03 PM
My vacation starts tommorow .... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JetBoatRich
08-30-2003, 08:07 PM
Like I say:
Everynight is Friday night and everday is a Saturday around here :D

77charger
08-30-2003, 08:11 PM
I have to hang some new doors at home,+ some other things decided to stay back and work today for extra income,And just baout every weekend til the end of oct is booked for me dragboat races next weekend at merced then njba on the 20th(ming)so i will get my boating done+2 river trips in oct

novaguy
08-30-2003, 08:12 PM
JetBoat,
They've ad it since March. Picked it up from them with only the carpet and headliner complete. Seats are almost done and all the fabric I think is cut. They could have had this finished in June, tops, if they gave a rats ass. Left my boat in the sun uncovered and got heavily oxidated, even though I have a custom tow cover for it. Now I gotta find a place to finish their mess. So, basically I have a bare hull and thats why I have not been to river at all this year since March and why I am not on vacation at the river now.

HighRoller
08-30-2003, 08:17 PM
Why should they care about all us small change boaters when they have constant business from Ultra and Commander?I bet they never made John West wait all summer for his stuff!It's a shame too because they have the best looking interiors I've seen by far.

Coach
08-30-2003, 08:26 PM
I have been on vacation since June and as always all good things must come to an end. I don't know what Labor Day is. As a football player and now a coach you always have practice on labor day so it a pain in the ass to go anywhere. School starts up for me on Tuesday and our school is being renovated. Of course nothing is on time and my portable room was is not finished yet, but I was able to spend my Saturday moving my things it, oh what joy. :mad: I never do much for Labor day anyways, I am just getting ready to see the kids again. Plus my river season ended 2 weeks ago. Once we start football, you know the 2 a day practices, I can't get to the river. I work on football every Saturday and Sunday during the season.

novaguy
08-30-2003, 08:27 PM
HighRoller:
Why should they care about all us small change boaters when they have constant business from Ultra and Commander?I bet they never made John West wait all summer for his stuff!It's a shame too because they have the best looking interiors I've seen by far. So true!!!! Next month it will be a whole year that I have been without a boat. It's a real bummer when someone steals your shit and then you have to deal with assholes like D&S that make a simple thing like a new interior a nightmare. This whole experience has been like a bad dream.

Jim B.
08-30-2003, 08:31 PM
Where's D&S located??

novaguy
08-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Jim B.:
Where's D&S located?? They have two shops. Riverside and El Cajon. My boat was in El Cajon.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-30-2003, 09:31 PM
Would'a gone, be drinking Red Drinks and Green Drinks at Fox's with RD but the daughter had comittments.
Normally don't do holidays,, but,,, would have loved to this year especially haveing a new boat and all,, oh well,, next week maybe
[ September 01, 2003, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

superdave013
08-30-2003, 09:40 PM
I'm going to Big Bear tomorrow to play in da dirt. :cool:

Trailer Park Casanova
08-30-2003, 09:41 PM
JetBoatRich:
Like I say:
Everynight is Friday night and everday is a Saturday around here :D I like that,, think that's my next goal in life,, Yep! I like the sound of that!!

Kilrtoy
08-30-2003, 10:12 PM
If i went to the river I wont be able to post. Also I would miss MANDELON, new post....

RiverKitty
08-30-2003, 10:53 PM
I had to work today. :rolleyes:
Have to attend a wedding tomorrow in Laughlin. (My condolences to them.)
Soooo I might cruise down to Havasu on Monday! Still haven't decided yet. Seeings how I've lost my summer tan from working too much, maybe I'll get a nice burn! :D

TheEduKATor
08-31-2003, 12:48 AM
The EduKATor and Ms. EduKATor decided to sit this labor day out because we both are starting the 2003 school year at new schools. Rather than hating life the first week of the school year, because of a non-stop holiday weekend of partying, I thought it would be best to start the year off well rested. I want to be prepared to face the latest batch of demon children, I mean lovely students. Not to mention, I don't get paid again until the end of September.

johnboy
08-31-2003, 04:24 AM
Ok here's mine....I don't really care for Holiday weekends that is when all the amatuer drunks are out on water, just like New Years Eve on the highway.(and my wifes Prego) Sept 1st is opening day of dove season, the start of the hunting saga that last through January for us in Texas. Since that falls on Monday this year...I will be out sitting in a grain field....
Johnboy

Mandelon
08-31-2003, 09:22 AM
Amateur Drunks....LMAO :D

cavey lavey
08-31-2003, 09:41 AM
going to cancun on monday the lavey is parked for the weekend, dam its been a long time since ive missed the river. hey thats one bad as nova [69 ss camaro conv.]

01RENEGADE
08-31-2003, 10:07 AM
We never go to the river on holiday weekends, we will go in a couple weeks when everybody is back in school.Also i am on call this weekend for work so I gotta stay in town. Still doing alot of boat shoppin though.

LUVNLIFE
08-31-2003, 11:12 AM
We just don't do big holiday weekends. I'd rather take days off and have the river to myself. I'll just stay at home to do the honeydo lists and maintenance on the toys.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-31-2003, 02:22 PM
Mandelon:
Amateur Drunks....LMAO :D Yep,, that takes the prize for this thread,,

TexasJet
08-31-2003, 02:47 PM
Mandelon, would have posted sooner but I get mesmerized by 75_Elim's avatar. The kids are back in school, that's the biggest reason. This weekend the lake is a zoo. I went anyway, Sat. it was cloudy and windy. I was going again today but it's raining off and on. So I sit here surfing the web and reading the forums.

twistedpair
08-31-2003, 03:17 PM
Mandelon:
Amateur Drunks....LMAO :D We always refer to them as the 'JV'.

75_Elim
08-31-2003, 08:47 PM
johnboy:
Ok here's mine....I don't really care for Holiday weekends that is when all the amatuer drunks are out on water, just like New Years Eve on the highway.(and my wifes Prego) Sept 1st is opening day of dove season, the start of the hunting saga that last through January for us in Texas. Since that falls on Monday this year...I will be out sitting in a grain field....
Johnboy Good man Johnboy!! Our Dove season open Sept 1 also. I like starting on the quick little dove then when October 20th rolls around I'm ready for the ducks.... Have you ever hunted down at Larry Gore's place in Katy TX? The duck hunting around Port Luvaca is pretty wild and the geese are incredible. I'm still waiting to get a monster Canada Goose do I can have it mounted next to all my others. I have a HUGE very mature Speck on the wall in my living room to I got down in Katy also.

Jrocket
08-31-2003, 08:57 PM
Dont like crowds! Plus I need to get back to practice,I feel lazy. frown

Jeff Fry
08-31-2003, 11:41 PM
Banzai Out of commision till next month, and setting up wifes new garage door company's second office in Temecula. Anyone need a New Garage door. Let me know lol!

johnboy
09-02-2003, 05:44 AM
75_Elim:
[QUOTE]Good man Johnboy!! Our Dove season open Sept 1 also. I like starting on the quick little dove then when October 20th rolls around I'm ready for the ducks.... Have you ever hunted down at Larry Gore's place in Katy TX? The duck hunting around Port Luvaca is pretty wild and the geese are incredible. I'm still waiting to get a monster Canada Goose do I can have it mounted next to all my others. I have a HUGE very mature Speck on the wall in my living room to I got down in Katy also. Not to HighJack the thread, but How did ya do? It sounds like it was raining pretty good in your part of the world? We pulled out at 4:30 Monday, it was raining and it stopped before we got in the fields. I was a piss poor day cause it was kinda chilly and overcast. We killed 15 or so most of them in the morning. We hunted our normal stock pond in the AM then headed to a grain field middle of the afternoon and there was nothing flying. Back to the cow pasture, we did manage to scare up a covey of quail and one pissed off skunk! If it will dry out and heat back up next weekend might be better. I was shooting liek A*S prolly that half bottle of Vodka I drank Sunday night. Got back home at 11:00 last night back up for work at 5:00....Tonight I sleep! I got a bunch of kin folks down in your part of the world, Liberty/Conroe/Raywood/Cut-N-Shoot.
Have a good one
John