PDA

View Full Version : i finally got the job !!!

jet4fun
06-26-2003, 10:37 AM
some of you may remember that i went to the fire academy during the winter. and that i was desperately looking for a job as a seasonal firefighter this summer. i had put in applications everywhere i could think of, and even went to some interviews. but, by about this time of the year it had begin to sink in that i wasnt gonna get hired this year... i was running out of money fast. and i had even sunk so low and gotten a job at "best buy" which i started last week. (my first job since last august). to say the least i was pretty down and out...
well not any more :D i got a call last night at 9:30 from CDF in San Diego jawdrop looks like they need more people and i was high enough on the list. i cant even believe it, i am on cloud nine... wish me luck this summer, and i hope i will have a little bit of time to use my boat this summer between all the overtime wink

hoolign
06-26-2003, 10:41 AM
congrats on the new job!

superV
06-26-2003, 10:43 AM
Congrats and Good Luck!

Phat_Kat
06-26-2003, 10:47 AM
congrats! Is there a guy by the name of Warren down there. Forgot his last name, but check anyway. I'll find the last name.

75_Elim
06-26-2003, 10:51 AM
jet4fun:
some of you may remember that i went to the fire academy during the winter. and that i was desperately looking for a job as a seasonal firefighter this summer. i had put in applications everywhere i could think of, and even went to some interviews. but, by about this time of the year it had begin to sink in that i wasnt gonna get hired this year... i was running out of money fast. and i had even sunk so low and gotten a job at "best buy" which i started last week. (my first job since last august). to say the least i was pretty down and out...
well not any more :D i got a call last night at 9:30 from CDF in San Diego jawdrop looks like they need more people and i was high enough on the list. i cant even believe it, i am on cloud nine... wish me luck this summer, and i hope i will have a little bit of time to use my boat this summer between all the overtime wink It's about time :D Before you leave Best Buys can you get me a discount on some things ??? :D

Windy
06-26-2003, 10:51 AM
Congrats...I am EMT and a lot of the guys I work with are testing all over.
Best of luck to you,
MissHBjet

Mandelon
06-26-2003, 11:00 AM
We'll be seeing you in SD!!!

PussyPusher
06-26-2003, 11:02 AM
Hey Good Luck! Dont quit BB let us get some discounts.

al cole'holic
06-26-2003, 11:23 AM
Congrats!! I got a bro that has been trying a few years to get hired on...he at Warner Bros. FD right now..
Hey let me know when your last night at BB is so we's can back the f'n truck up.. :D

ROZ
06-26-2003, 11:27 AM
Cool. I gues you'll be spending time at lake Martinez then.......
Where in SD?

Eric455
06-26-2003, 11:38 AM
congrads u dumb ass. now we can see out of ur depression. hows ur girlfriend doing!!! you guys back together? i'm happy for you bro. i know what it feels like to have low or no income.
see ya soon when ya comin down here?
eric

eliminatedsprinter
06-26-2003, 12:04 PM
Great. :D
Good luck, one of my best friends from college became a firefighter he has a great lifestyle and I often envy him now. :cool:

BIGAMIST
06-26-2003, 12:16 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH :p :p :p :p

jlnorthrup122
06-26-2003, 01:08 PM
Good going and keep you ass in one piece out there bro.

NastyOne
06-26-2003, 01:53 PM
MissHBjet:
Best of luck to you,
MissHBjet Do you think you could teach me mouth to mouth? :D wink

Mr.Havasu
06-26-2003, 02:28 PM
congrat, Good luck and stay safe!

MagicMtnDan
06-26-2003, 09:34 PM
Dude that's great news, really! Times are tough for many folks so we need to be grateful for what we've got. Glad you got the job you wanted. Be safe!

MagicMtnDan
06-26-2003, 09:34 PM
Dude that's great news, really! Times are tough for many folks so we need to be grateful for what we've got. Glad you got the job you wanted. Be safe!

Kurtis500
06-26-2003, 09:57 PM
Good job! I assume CDF is wildland firefighting..?.. I did that for a little while when I worked at Rural/Metro here in AZ. Cant say I miss fighting fires with a shovel. But I had a lot of fun while out on the campaign fires. Brings back memories of terms like polaski, snags, chain(measurment), shake-n-bakes, sawyers, crowning, piss pumps, SEAT's, type-6 and all the other kinds, blah blah blah... you know. :D
I hope its at least as much fun for you as it was for me.

Windy
06-26-2003, 10:47 PM
NastyOne:
MissHBjet:
Best of luck to you,
MissHBjet Do you think you could teach me mouth to mouth? :D wink I'll ask my parnter...He'll do it :D
Seriously...we dont do mouth to mouth anymore.

gigamurph
06-26-2003, 11:20 PM
Way to go Robert! Congrats and be safe dude! I don't think Chestah Cheetah has it in him to train a new "Head 'em up, move 'em out; roll 'em over!" partner! :D

JetBoatRich
06-27-2003, 03:32 AM
Nice Job and good luck with the new job. Sounds like a party is in order :D

PipesClean
06-27-2003, 06:36 AM
Congradulations Bro!
Call up Chestah, looks like it's time to Celebrate. 215........215.................215................ ..215.......................215??????????????????? ??

jet4fun
06-28-2003, 11:14 AM
wow, thanks for the big ups everyone...
PK sorry dont know a warren, of course i havent started yet.
i dont know where in SD there gonna put me yet, hopefully north county so i am a little closer to home... anyone need a cheap roomie???
so martinez, is that the local lake down there? is it header friendly :confused:
sorry eric, still single
too late everyone, i already quit best buy, besides you dont get the discount until 2 or 3 months i think... i only worked for 8 hours
hey miss HB, do ya think you could get me the hookup this winter when i get laid off :confused: please please please :D i have my emt
o.k. heres the deal rob... i am down for 215 as long as bill doensnt give his number out to any more fat girls wink
p.s. i think i'm gonna make it the 4th.
p.s.s. sorry i didnt call you back the other day
p.s.s.s. i still have a free pass to 215

Windy
06-28-2003, 12:46 PM
jet4fun:
hey miss HB, do ya think you could get me the hookup this winter when i get laid off :confused: please please please :D i have my emt
Yeah I can hook you up.
Did you get your degree in Fire Science or did you only go through the academy? Are you going on to paramedic school?
MissHBjet

clownpuncher
06-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Congrats on the job!! I've been on the job for almost 20 years (no old man jokes please :mad: ) and it's been great every day. You're gonna love it!!! Stay safe and keep testing because a full time job can be right around the corner. I've never met you but if we go to a big fire together I'm sure I'll know who you are. You'll be the guy walking around with a smile and a WOODY :D :D :D

jet4fun
06-28-2003, 11:31 PM
MissHBjet:
jet4fun:
Yeah I can hook you up.
Did you get your degree in Fire Science or did you only go through the academy? Are you going on to paramedic school?
MissHBjet woo hoo :D , i'll be callin you this fall when i get laid off...
i am still in school working on my fire science degree. i already went to the fire academy. once i have my degree i want to go to medic school, for now i just wanna do the EMT thing and get the hang of it