PDA

View Full Version : For the love of Humanity!!

Boozer
06-27-2003, 06:54 AM
Has anyone else released that people have absolutely no compassion for fellow human beings nowadays? It's really begining to become something that iritates me.
Yesterday after I got home from work I apparently forgot to turn off my headlights. All my direct neighbors get home later then I do and I'm sure they would see that my headlights were still on upon their arrival. Do they kindly let me know to turn off my headlights?? Of course not but rather just let me make the discovery this morning when my I come out to a dead battery.
I went out to get an early start on my day and when the keyless entry wasn't working I had a pretty good idea what was wrong. Opened the door no dome lights so worries were confirmed.
I decided I would walk around the complex to ask someone if they could help me out. I must have asked at least 15 people this morning if they could help me out. All 15 gave me the same story "Sorry I am running late for work." In fact one woman even gave me that story and had a dog in her car. Since when do you take your dog to work? Needless to say I wound up taking a $65 cab ride to work.
Here's the thing that really irritates me. The apartment complex I live in is a VERY high class complex it's on a golf course and surrounded by homes that start at $650,000.00 and go up as high 5 mill. I really figured that people in neighborhoods like this would be eager to help one another out but instead you walk up to someones car at 6 am and they lock the doors and take off as if you were going to kill them or something. If I were in the ghetto I am sure the 1st person I would have asked would have helped me out.
What's the deal with people anymore?
I find it really ironic that in yuppy neighborhoods that you would think are full of nice caring people you'd find someone who'd help you out but instead you find nothing but people who are to into their own thing to take 2 seconds of their time to help someone else out. Yet in ghetto neighborhoods full of felons and so called "bad" people you will always find help.
Thank god the house I'm buying is in a blue collar neighborhood and I already know all the neighbors are cool as can be.
People Suck!
[ June 27, 2003, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Boozer ]

Blown 472
06-27-2003, 06:57 AM
That sucks.
I took my son to the park yesterday and as we were walking to the slides I see a truck with it's lights on, so I walk over the door is unlocked I open it and shut the lights off and then go acost the swings, if you have never seen a 320 lb man on a kids swing, some funny shit.

91nordic29
06-27-2003, 07:14 AM
boozer--
the yupsters dont have the time. everthing has to be "right now".
another reason is you probably scared them when you said "jump". teeeheeeheee :D

Boozer
06-27-2003, 08:16 AM
91nordic29:
boozer--
the yupsters dont have the time. everthing has to be "right now".
another reason is you probably scared them when you said "jump". teeeheeeheee :D You might be right about the "jump" part.

Blown 472
06-27-2003, 08:19 AM
The bad ones will help cuz then they know you are not home.

eliminatedsprinter
06-27-2003, 08:27 AM
Those types want the Gov to do all the helping.
They are very generous with other peoples time and money...... yuk

HOSS
06-27-2003, 08:32 AM
I`d tell every last one of `em to kiss my dick.