PDA

View Full Version : Margarita recipe

Froggystyle
01-24-2003, 09:26 AM
I pride myself on my Margs. We actually don't drink much beer at the river anymore between Audrey and I, because I don't drink while the boat is in the water, and Aud is nearly 100% on Margs.
We have this cool little insulated jug that we fill with chilled margarita, no ice. Then, as the day progresses, Aud drinks that mix over ice. Lasts all day, no beer cans!
What are everyone's favorite Marg recipe's? I have two... one easy one hard.
Easy one first to get the topic started.
3 parts Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville mix,
1 part Cuervo Gold Tequila (go a little stiffer on the Tequila... I do!)
Add a splash of no-pulp (not from concentrate) Tropicana OJ, and serve over ice. On the Rocks... imagine that!
This is a no-brainer mix that turns out great, especially at the river when you are going to give most of it away. (Much less expensive than my next recipe, which includes Tres Generationes tequila!)
Let's hear them!

Charley
01-24-2003, 09:44 AM
Never tried buffets mix... I like mr&mrs T's mix....very Tart tasting...which I like :D

LeE ss13
01-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Mohave Cooler .....
1 part light rum (Bicardi)
1 part dark rum (ditto)
1 part Triple sec (sp)
1 part sweet & sour
1 part soda
On the rocks
Garnish with lime (or lemon)
Used to be server at Catherine's Landing. Very good on a HOT day.

Windy
01-24-2003, 09:52 AM
PartyCat needs to get on here and give up his strawberry banana margi mix wink
MissHBjet~

rivercrazy
01-24-2003, 11:06 AM
This is a pretty basic receipe by quality of ingrediants to me is the key. This is for a Rocks Margarita
3 shots of mixer
1.5 shots of Cazadores Tequilla (go to Costco!)
.5 shots of TripleSec
1 shot of water.
A squeeze of lime.
It great cause the hangover factor with this Tequilla is minimal or not at all. Its great Tequilla for Margaritas! :D
After a few of these you will be saying "YEEAAA BABY!!!"

BADAXE
01-24-2003, 11:26 AM
Froggystyle:
Easy one first to get the topic started.
3 parts Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville mix,
1 part Cuervo Gold Tequila (go a little stiffer on the Tequila... I do!)
Add a splash of no-pulp (not from concentrate) Tropicana OJ, and serve over ice. On the Rocks... imagine that!
Let's hear them! That's very close to one of my recipes, the only difference is I use lime juice from frozen concentrate (remove the pulp).
My quick and easy is Cuervo mixer and Cuervo Gold mixed 50/50 in a big jug half filled with ice. smile_sp

Blown 472
01-24-2003, 11:38 AM
wink http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Avatars/002_3099.JPG
[ January 24, 2003, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

STV_Keith
01-24-2003, 01:24 PM
I'll leave the margarita's to Party Cat...that's his bag, but this year I'm planning to bring Midori Muther****ers to the river. :)
1 part of each:
Vodka
Gin
Rum
Triple Sec
Amaretto
Malibu Rum
Southern Comfort
Peach Schnapps
Banana Schnapps
Blackberry Schnapps
Midori
Grenadine
Pineapple juice
and a splash of 7-up.
For some reason, some people are now scared of my jello shots, so I figure I have to progress onwards. :)

Daytona19
01-24-2003, 06:47 PM
I like a pure margarita so for me its this recipe, which I have modified from original but not much. There are no exciptions to this other than use the BEST tequila you can find. I use Curevo Gold but there are much better tequilas out there if your wallet allows. Step 1: Buy in the frozen section at the market "minute maid lime aid" use three parts in a blender, add 1.5 to 2 parts curevo (more is not better in this case) .5 parts water and a couple hand fulls of ice. Blend to consistency you want, at this point you can also add a splash of grand marnier liquor. I dont always do this last step but either way is good. If to strong add water or more ice. Your friends will appreciate your attempt , TRUST ME !!!! :D

Daytona19
01-24-2003, 06:50 PM
Sorry guys but I wanted to say that the 3 parts of lime aid actually equals to 1/2 a large can of lime aid as a guide. That always screwed me up but if you go 1/2 can, 1/4 can curevo a shot of water and ice your basically there.

sandblasted
01-24-2003, 07:29 PM
Daytona19:
Sorry guys but I wanted to say that the 3 parts of lime aid actually equals to 1/2 a large can of lime aid as a guide. That always screwed me up but if you go 1/2 can, 1/4 can curevo a shot of water and ice your basically there. My brother -in-law makes great "on the rocks" margaritas...always uses Patron tequila..
of course Tres Generations is good also...In fact I love Tres Generations in shots...very smooth..
[ January 24, 2003, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: sandblasted ]

mrs disco charger
01-24-2003, 07:37 PM
I don't have any special receipe, but if you add powdered sugar to any of them especially the blended strawberry ones, it takes the kick out of them and makes 'em a litter sweeter! :D Makes it easier to drink more.
[ January 24, 2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: mrs disco charger ]

Wet Dream
01-24-2003, 07:43 PM
Try adding a splash of 7-UP to your margs. It gives it a little pep. It might not be as good if you have it sitting all day in a jug, but on a glass to glass type pour it works. And it works only on the rocks. Blenders kill it.

MrWilliam
01-24-2003, 07:53 PM
I’ve read posts on this board from time to time and have never posted myself. We (my wife and I) also love the Margarita.
Sandblasted is right (IMO) the best tequila is Patron, if you want to spend the cash. But usually we just use Sauza silver.
But the most important part is adding a splash of Grand Marnier on the top. Sometimes they go down too good.

rivercrazy
01-24-2003, 08:07 PM
Patron, Tres Generations, Cazadores, etc are very fine tequillas. I also like Cabo Wabo Silver.
Lets do some shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missboatnam1
01-24-2003, 08:48 PM
well i dont drink "ta kill ya", but went to mexico, and what ever they do, well, just about killed me......two of them bad boys made me crazy....i think the secrect is the "worm" .....
ow, well just had to put my .02 in :D
i normally use vodka in my maragitias, they dont allow it in mexico cry

RiverToysJas
01-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Froggystyle:
....and serve over ice. On the Rocks... imagine that!OH, OH I get it - Serve it on the rocks, on the rocks!!! :D :D :D
RTJas :D

79Hawaiian
01-24-2003, 09:39 PM
Lime-aid is the hookup but don't buy Cuervo Gold! Sauza gold is cheaper and is much higher quality, more smooth. Cuervo just pays more for advertising.

MJ19
01-24-2003, 10:02 PM
18oz ice
3.75oz cuervo 1800 tequila gold (or sauza gold)
2oz cointreau (or triple sec)
3.5oz water
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons freash lemon juice
1/2 egg white, lightly beaten
Margarita salt
Lime slices for garnish
In a blender, combine ice, tequila, cointreau, water, sugar, lime juice, lemon juice and egg white; blend mixture until smooth and pour into a pitcher. Coat rims of margarita glasses with salt, as desired. Pour margarita mixture into glasses; garnish with lime slices.
Makes one 36oz pitcher of margaritas.
Takes some time, but well worth it :D

skeepwerkzaz
01-25-2003, 08:54 AM
No purists eh?
Ice
Tres(or something comprable)
Cointreau
Fresh lime juice
Salted glass
Splash of O.J.?

HCS
01-25-2003, 09:39 AM
My recipe.
1) make it.
2) drink it.

MJ19
01-25-2003, 11:40 AM
skeepwerkzaz:
No purists eh?
Ice
Tres(or something comprable)
Cointreau
Fresh lime juice
Salted glass
Splash of O.J.? Ours are similar...don't'cha think? :D

Kwicherbichen
01-26-2003, 12:25 AM
Looks you guys have some pretty decent mixes going on. I have a Drink of the Month section on my site if any of you are interested in submitting?

NEW 2 RIVER
01-26-2003, 11:50 AM
Read this thread yesterday and got the itch for a margarita.It was late so the only thing open was your typical 909 liquor store.Only mix they had was some cheap stuff called puerto vallarta strawberry margarita mix $2.99 Turns out this is the best margarita I ever had.Oh yeah the tequilla was jose cuervo.Now am I reading the mixing instructions right.It says just use rum instaed of tequlla for a daquiri?
Is this right? :confused:

Mandelon
01-26-2003, 12:01 PM
Our version of the Parrothead:
1 part Blackberry Schnapps
+ 2 parts Pineapple Juice
+ 2 parts Dark Rum
____
= 1 new part in the top of your head when it hits the floor. :D :D :D

Chaddyshack
01-26-2003, 12:47 PM
I'm thinking we ALL need to get together and bring our various drinks and try them all out.

NashvilleBound
01-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Working through the Superbowl are we??

Chaddyshack
01-26-2003, 12:58 PM
Overtime buddy boy!!! Saving up to buy your boat!!

NashvilleBound
01-26-2003, 01:04 PM
I got a gallon jug of Astro glide with the price tag eek!

Chaddyshack
01-26-2003, 01:05 PM
WOW, A Whole gallon??? What the deal!!!!

NashvilleBound
01-26-2003, 01:07 PM
Dont want to run short ya know :D

MJ19
01-26-2003, 06:05 PM
NashvilleBound:
I got a gallon jug of Astro glide with the price tag eek! WHOOOO Boy...where did you go from 'drinks' to 'astro glide' what's the connection? :confused: wink And a gallon of it eek!

1tricky1
01-26-2003, 08:35 PM
I have a good one for ya...
1 part 1800 or your favorite Tequila
1 part Cointreau (not triple sec)
3 parts your favorite Marg mix or sweet & sour
1/2 shot or more Grand Marnier.
The best Margarita you'll ever have! :D

48OFF
01-26-2003, 11:38 PM
I never cared much for ritas, untill someone suggested putting a big pinch of salt into the glass. It makes all the difference and you dont get the big hit of salt that you get on the rim. Allmost everyone that i have made them for this way likes them better, no matter what the mix is. Its a cheap trick, so give it a try.