PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Schiada Regatta?

Prop Rod
03-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Been checking Joker's Wild web site and see nothing, any one else know anything?

Schiada Time
03-16-2006, 03:42 PM
I was at Schiada the other day and Lee said he was trying to work with Todd to put something together again this year but if not then they were going to go ahead and handle it themselves. I think they should call it the Schiada Boat In for nostalgia sake as that is what they were called back in the 80's when my parents, sisters and I would go and take our '22. Now I can go with my recently aquired 1974 Schiada '22 V-drive. Can't wait. Let me know if you dfind something out.

SGettmann
03-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Red Rocker - was that the Schiada Regatta at Parker back in the early 80's? This was the only Schiada regatta that was held in the 80's (right?). I was there and remember that weekend well (grade school for me). There was some press coverage from that weekend and my parent's 20' made it, along with Glen Gill's 22' Schiada. That was a kick ass 22' (Blown) and got down the water nicely from what I remember. A bunch of ski racers were there.

Schiada Time
03-17-2006, 05:11 PM
I just remember all the ones we went to being at Mead. Might have gone to parker once or twice-too little to remember. I just remember being enthrolled with all the bad ass Schiada's.
trav

79 Howard
03-17-2006, 06:33 PM
How many boats are going up with you proprod :p :hammerhea

Prop Rod
03-17-2006, 08:04 PM
at least 3 for sure, as many as 5 depending on the dates.
my vote is to hold it at parker, i would think there could be a better chance of see more boats and hanging out at the sandbar. i have been at the last two and am looking forward to the next.

TMoney
03-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Parker would be cool. As long as their is a lot of hanging out at the sandbar and not much driving. Parker is too crazy these days with all the morons in all the huge dick etension boats. Launch and stay at the Blue Water could work quite nicely.
Trav

79 Howard
03-18-2006, 06:17 PM
I think so much of a regatta is to see the performance of all the different machines and then take a break to look them over but just to stay at the sandbar would be boring :cool:

Prop Rod
03-18-2006, 08:10 PM
my thought it that at the river, you could be staying at the camp grounds, or wherever and be able to see people running up down. Good places for everyone to get breakfast, lunch, bars, what ever a person wants. Out @ Havasu i sometimes feel like its two big.
I love the begining when we all take off and get to the photo shoot spot, all the boats leaving at the same time is great.
But some people like being spread out too, i guess as long as we do something i'll be happy.

RiverDave
04-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Any updates on when the Schiada Regatta will be this year?
I'm about 4 hours from finishing the machining on my mini (after 4 years LOL) and if it's sometime in the near future I'd like to take it, but if it's later in the season it'll already be back east.
RD :)

Hallett
04-02-2006, 02:56 PM
So far Dave as of a week ago no date has been set
that i know of. i think they will have it but not sure of
the date. that would be cool to bring the new boat
if i find out anything i will post it my daughter lisa
works for todd at jokerswild.

Prop Rod
04-03-2006, 02:20 PM
I just hope we do somthing, the last two years have been a lot of fun. Just want to keep it going.

SGettmann
04-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Hey all, I'm hoping Todd at Jokers Wild will be able to squeeze us in August 25-27th, thats all thats left, Sept is full and noone is crazy enough to boat on Labor weekend, and one of the other weekends is a big skirace at mead. I know it may be warm that last week in Augie, but what the heck, drink lots of water !!!!!
Help me out and give Uncle Larry a little nudge !!!!
Scott :)
Hallett, Franky ,ck your pm's !!
Why not do a Schiada Regatta on a Ski Race weekend at Mead? I remember the day when Ski racing was nothing but Schiada's and Rayson Crafts, when V-drives were king, before the days of IO's. Very nastalgic. Then again, V-Drives are still king in my opinion, especially to ski behind.