PDA

View Full Version : Nevermind, it doesn't really matter where you buy your gas.

Jordy
02-14-2003, 10:34 AM
Stupid gas chain letter hoax... a little more research points out that it doesn't matter where you buy your gas, but it hacks me to see people protesting and boycotting US products while at the same time reveling in products bought and paid for by a government that has gotten rich selling us oil. burningm
Here is some more info:
Although, the writer is essentially correct (I'm not going to quibble about a few inaccuracies) that the largest oil companies in the world do buy large amounts of their crude from the Middle East. I might add, this should be no big surprise to anyone who has picked up a newspaper in the last thirty years. However, there is a reason for this phenomenon: According to the U.S. Department of Energy our country has steadily demanded more and more oil every year. In 2001, we demanded over 19 million barrels of oil a day and the U.S. produced only 5.6 million barrels a day, and that amount is expected to DECREASE over the next several years. If the writer wants to cut US reliance on imported oil, then he or she should buy an electric car and quit relying on gasoline. Buying from a different gas station is not going to change the vast difference between the supply and the demand.
[ February 14, 2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: jordanpaulk ]

RPrincez
02-14-2003, 10:37 AM
So which gas station in so cal should I buy my gas from?

miller19j
02-14-2003, 10:38 AM
How old is this info Jordy? Amoco does not exist anymore it was bought by BP a few years ago and rolled into BP.(Amoco................. 62,231,000 barrels BP/Phillips.........0 barrels)
[ February 14, 2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: miller19j ]

Blown 472
02-14-2003, 10:39 AM
We still have amaco's here.

miller19j
02-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Blown 472:
We still have amaco's here. You still have the stations but the oil production is done by BP

Jordy
02-14-2003, 10:40 AM
Looks like the stats are up though 8/31/01 (so they're dated) but I doubt that the numbers have changed much as far as suppliers. I didn't make this all up, just passing it along. So stop being so critical CBM. :D

Blown 472
02-14-2003, 10:41 AM
ICBM= internet cock block masta

miller19j
02-14-2003, 10:41 AM
jordanpaulk:
Looks like the stats are up though 8/31/01 (so they're dated) but I doubt that the numbers have changed much as far as suppliers. I didn't make this all up, just passing it along. So stop being so critical CBM. :D Wow we are a little touchy today. :rolleyes: :D

Jordy
02-14-2003, 10:46 AM
If I was touchy, the statement would have been followed with something other than a :D . More along the lines of a burningm or :mad: or argue . Get your facts straight there ICBM. (Good one Blown). :D

miller19j
02-14-2003, 10:48 AM
jordanpaulk:
If I was touchy, the statement would have been followed with something other than a :D . More along the lines of a burningm or :mad: or argue . Get your facts straight there ICBM. (Good one Blown). :D Don’t get your panties in a twist there KCB (King Cock Blocker) :D

Jordy
02-14-2003, 10:50 AM
I'll settle with the King title as that is desigated by a region with known boundries, where as your title of ICBM is a global title. You win. :D

572Daytona
02-14-2003, 11:05 AM
This is propaganda at its finest (But I read it on the internet it must be true wink ). A lot of smaller oil companies buy their crude from other large companies. Just because they aren't directly importing mideast oil doesn't mean they aren't selling it. Go to these linkd and do some of your own research before you start boycotting anyone:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/neic/experts/contactexperts.htm
http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/cli.html

Seadog
02-14-2003, 01:37 PM
What people tend to forget is that we could produce all the oil we needed, IF we were to drill for it and If it were cost effective. Like a lot of commodities, we require lowest price gasoline with lowest negative impact on our lives. In the 80's hundreds of oil well in Oklahoma were capped and the drilling industry tanked because we could get it cheaper from Venzuela. Jobs move to China and Mexico because labor is cheaper. You can't have everything perfect in a world with individuals.

Banshee
02-15-2003, 07:14 AM
President Bush had it right.
Lets develop Hydrogen powered vehicles. Then we can tell those turbine head mutherf—kers to stick their oil up their Muhammad loving asses.
Just think, if Hydrogen can send the space shuttle from 0-18,000 MPH in just a few minutes, imagine what it’ll do for a big block.
Disclaimer: the company I work for is the largest producer of hydrogen in the world. Sorry if this sounds like spam.

HOSS
02-15-2003, 10:05 AM
What about methane. I produce a good bit of that.

Seadog
02-15-2003, 10:13 AM
We have tried to develop hydrogen as an alternate fuel source for decades. At some point in time it may happen, but we are still far from making it practical.