PDA

View Full Version : Darn...Now my Dog Died!!!!

WETDAWG
06-30-2003, 12:44 PM
THIS HAS NOT BEEN A GREAT YEAR.
My Dog, LOTUS, a 14 year old Rotty had to be put to sleep today. He was getting really sick (liver infection) and could not walk. :(
I hate this, Man I miss him already. :(
He loved to go on the boat and with him tied to the wheel I never had to take the key out,
God Bless you Lotus!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/98Lotus-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/98MVC-028F-med.JPG

HalletDave
06-30-2003, 12:47 PM
WETDAWG,
I feel for you. :(
HD

Phat_Kat
06-30-2003, 12:48 PM
sure looks like a sweet dog and it's a damn shame. I'm having to think about mine going down in the next few years. The legs are slipping out on hear but then again she can still keep up if not smoke the younger dogs. Hopefully she'll live to be 14.
Sorry for your loss

NastyOne
06-30-2003, 12:48 PM
i remember when i had to put my dog to sleep. i got him for my 5th b-day and had him till i was 19. i know how you feel. frown
[ June 30, 2003, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: NastyOne ]

NastyOne
06-30-2003, 12:49 PM
sorry
[ June 30, 2003, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: NastyOne ]

miller19j
06-30-2003, 12:50 PM
That’s terrible!
It’s funny how much you grow to love your furry friends. I can’t imagine life without our doggies but I guess that time comes for all of them.

cheezpanel
06-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Sorry to hear that...I feel for you. My 4 yr old rottie got cancer and I had to put him down a few years ago, and last year put down my 14 yr old lab. There's nothing like losing your pets. I still think of them and all the great times.

THOR
06-30-2003, 12:55 PM
:( Man that makes me sad.
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Her454
06-30-2003, 12:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your bud. I lost my German Shepherd of 10 years last Sept and Im still missing her soooo badly it makes me sick. :( frown

Boozer
06-30-2003, 12:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Rottweilers have always been my fav.

Havasu Heat
06-30-2003, 12:59 PM
Sorry for your loss WETDAWG. Know the feeling, as
we lost our 12 yr. old shep/lab last July and it
still hurts. You get real attached to them as they
do you and that's the price you pay. She loved the water and boating also. She had to be put to
sleep also from a stomach tumor. People say go
get another pet, but don't feel up to going
through that again. It'll get better for you but
you'll never forget.
Take care
Havasu Heat(Jerry)

WETDAWG
06-30-2003, 01:00 PM
Thanks Gang
I'm thinking of a fitting Memorial Service for him at CBBB.
Maybe a few Miller Lites will help (he loved Miller Lite)

Ziggy
06-30-2003, 01:01 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss Wetdawg(aka mr. market 33 :D )
Can't beat the unconditional love that our pets provide. Hope things start looking up for ya.

Back To Havasu
06-30-2003, 01:01 PM
I am so sorry you lost your dog. A dog becomes your best buddy, and a constant source of UNCONDITIONAL love. You will get better in time, but some voids can not be filled. Hang in there. frown

Fufu Queen
06-30-2003, 01:02 PM
four legged family members are the hardest to say good bye to, We are sorry to hear your sad news. You and your family are in our thoughts. Lot's of love to ones we lost.

WETDAWG
06-30-2003, 01:05 PM
Thank all!
Hey Ziggy,
It's the month close. You doing GOOD! :D

78Eliminator
06-30-2003, 01:22 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that. I had a bad scare with my little pooch a few days ago and I know what you're feeling....

Havasu Cig
06-30-2003, 01:29 PM
I went through this this past year with my 14 year old Pit. Sorry to hear about your dog....they are not here long enough. frown

Havasu_Dreamin
06-30-2003, 01:30 PM
Sorry to hear that. I've been there and it REALLY sucks!

Rubths
06-30-2003, 01:38 PM
Im very so to hear about your loss. I dont like to think about the day I might be walking in your shoes and have to put my Rotti down frown

carreraelite
06-30-2003, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I know the felling of loosing a four legged friend. I had a small dog for over 15 years . I used to take her just about everywhere with me. About a year and a half ago I had to put her down after a siezure. I still miss her!!

HAULNZ
06-30-2003, 01:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. I had to put down our beagle a few months ago, she had cancer. I had the dog for 13 years, she loved going to the river and lakes.

FMluvswater
06-30-2003, 01:46 PM
My condolences WETDAWG. Losing any family member is painful. I like your memorial idea. Take care.
~FM

LaveyJet
06-30-2003, 02:15 PM
My condolences, putting a dog down is always a hard decision, I’ve had to do it twice, but its something you have to do. I have 5yr old Lab-Rotweiler mix. (He’s my rotten lab). Best of both, loves the water and keeps trespassers away.

Sangster
06-30-2003, 02:24 PM
Sorry to hear about Lotus...We had to put "Heather" our Golden Retriever & Camping buddy down this year also(Same problems)..Those Memories can't be replaced.. frown

Ziggy
06-30-2003, 02:30 PM
WETDAWG:
Thank all!
Hey Ziggy,
It's the month close. You doing GOOD! :D P&A sales strong...cars so-so, Shop Ok.

Caribbean Jet
06-30-2003, 02:32 PM
sorry to hear about your dog. I have always been an animal person, but man losing them sucks. They are like part of the family.

HammerDown
06-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Sorry to here about you pup...it's tough when a long time friend leaves ya.
I myself only wish I had the time for another one.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-30-2003, 03:14 PM
We are very sorry to hear about your loss. We also had two rotty's we had to put down due to bone cancer and lymph cancer. It is a very sad part of your life you will never forget. We had our two cremated and we set them on top of our fireplace. The boxes are beautiful with there names on it and the dates they were here to make our life wonderful. Just remember the great times you had with your family member(rotty) and the memories will be there and the pain will pass in time. Just remember and they will always be with you. Again very sorry for your loss. frown

WETDAWG
06-30-2003, 03:18 PM
Thanks Mrs FV,
I know it will get better, But Andrew, our 6 year old son, is distraught!
He can't believe Daddy could do that!
Shoot I feel like pickle juice right now
I promised him we would take his ashes to the river and give him a "proper send off"
He feel asllep in my arms just looking at me!
[ June 30, 2003, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: WETDAWG ]

H20Advantage
06-30-2003, 03:28 PM
The Rainbow Bridge:
There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.
When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food, water, and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.
There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twitches! The ears are up! And this one suddenly runs from the group!
You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of you trusting pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.
This is something someone gave me a long time ago to help in time of mourning the loss of one of my dogs. Nobody can beat the loyalty of a four legged friend.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-30-2003, 03:33 PM
H20Advantage that is great I wish I had something like that when we put our dogs down. My 2 little ones wouldn't have disliked me so much then But now that there older they do understand alittle more. But who at any age really understands death? We may understand it as we are older but we don't like it.

RiverKitty
06-30-2003, 04:22 PM
cry
Wetdawg, sending my sincerest condolences!
It is hard loosing a family member. frown

Craig
06-30-2003, 04:26 PM
Sorry to hear that man :( I had to put my 14 yr old Sheltie, P.D. to sleep about 9 months ago because of cancer. 4 days later, her son, Spike, who was a year younger passed away on the living room floor. That week sucked!
Craig

HARDIN18
06-30-2003, 04:30 PM
All dogs go to heaven. Damn, that means I will never get to see my dogs again.
Sorry for your loss. I just had to put my child hood dog down not to long ago and that hurts to go through.
It sounds like your boy needs a puppy.

mbrown2
06-30-2003, 06:36 PM
Sorry to hear the news...our little dog is 12 and we just had to take her in to get a tumor removed...hopefully she will be with us a little longer...she is the only kid we have.

Rexone
06-30-2003, 08:14 PM
My thoughts are with you Wetdawg. It really sucks to lose these furry family members. My dogs are a big part of my life too. Lost 2 this same way in the recent past that I'd raised from puppys, 15 & 16 years old. They were like kids. Have 2 more now, one 10, one I just got (puppy). They just never live long enough, but I will still endure the pain of saying goodbye to have them be part of my life. Godspeed to you Lotus.

dmontzsta
06-30-2003, 08:21 PM
My condolences WETDAWG. This almost brings a tear to my eye looking at the pics. I kind of dont pay attention to my dogs...but when I see this situation it makes me think about how bad I would miss one of them if they went away.
:( hope you feel better.
Also, if it makes you feel anybetter, this situation has opened my eyes up a little more and brought me back down to reality that I need to spend more time with my family and pets...I lost 3 loved ones in 3 months. Usually we put our guards up and go on, but it takes something like this to wake us up again.
Lotus is in doggy heaven.
R.I.P.

SummerBreeze
07-01-2003, 10:50 AM
Sorry to here of you loss. Give yourself a few days and go out and find yourself a new puppy to give your love to.

Slick
07-01-2003, 11:43 AM
Man, that sucks. I had to do the same thing last year to my old Black & Tan Coonhound.
If there's a bright side, it's that you are a dog lover and, through no choice of your own, will have to get a new puppy. Maybe you and Rivertoys should research together to find a good breeder. He needs another dog, too.

DansBlown73Nordic
07-01-2003, 11:57 AM
Very sorry to hear of your loss. We had a 12 year old Great Dane. He finally kicked the bucket a couple years ago. It is funny how attached you get to a pet.... cry

FRESHTRACKS
07-01-2003, 02:15 PM
I am sorry to hear about your loss. My family just put our 13 yr old Rott to sleep last week. She was a great family dog, and she loved the river as much as I do. They're in doggie heaven now. Best wishes to you and your family.

WETDAWG
07-01-2003, 04:10 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts and especially Prayers
Everyone on the boards(cept a few) are just GREAT!
We decided to wait until our Son mellows down a bit and get another dog in about 6 months. Same kind