PDA

View Full Version : Pics of the Southwind--Post OP :) Go to page 2 for pics

hd&boatrider
05-11-2003, 05:18 PM
[ May 12, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

mbrown2
05-11-2003, 05:23 PM
hd&boatrider
[QB If this boat ends up with much more major service items do you guys think I should list all that has been done or is required to bring it up to a safe "turn key" working boat? [/QB]I say work it out in private...if unable to reach an amiable agreement; only then go public.

DickDanger
05-11-2003, 05:41 PM
I know who Eric455 is, but whos Eric454? I dont recall ever seeing that name on here. Where does he live? -DD Out

HBjet
05-11-2003, 05:44 PM
That's sucks big time! I would say figure everything out in private, but I'm sure you won't get any money from Eric455 since the problem is now "Your Problem" I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that's what a lot of people do when they sell there "Turn Key" boat.
If I was you, I would have taken that boat to a Mech. (GS Marine or whoever) and had it looked at before purchase. Maybe someone will read this and do this before they lay down the cash so it doesn't happen to someone else.
As for posting what was wrong, I would say that shouldn't be a problem. It's just like if you bought the boat from someone else (who doesn't post here) and wanted to let everyone else what needed to be fixed so you can have a little piece of mind if these are things that eventually break, and you just got the boat at a bad time, or if these are things what would clearly not make it turn key. Again, this information will help other people who are buying a new (to them) boat from a seller who claims "Turn Key"
For one, I never want to be that seller. I sold my old motor with some other heads on it, and it's basically everything except intake, carb, and starter. I even had the motor inspected before selling it, and I'm having it assembled by my engine builder because I don't want the buyer comming back, or posting I sold them a motor that doesn't run right because I might have forgotton to do one little thing during assembly. Anyways, sorry this happed to you.
HBjet
[ May 11, 2003, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

hd&boatrider
05-11-2003, 06:51 PM
[ May 12, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

JetBoatRich
05-11-2003, 06:53 PM
Eric is a good guy and I believe you should handle it privately. He would never do anybody wrong on purpose, not his style.
Good luck to both of you, I know when I bought my boat from a friend he did not want to sell it to any friend afraid of the same thing. It has been over a year and no problems. You never know.

Infomaniac
05-11-2003, 06:56 PM
I agree it should be handled in private.
I cannot help but be curious as to how much was paid for the turn key boat.

DickDanger
05-11-2003, 07:02 PM
Since I dont know the specifics here, I cant comment on the conversation between you and the seller. However, if Eric knew that the boat was not "turn key" at the time of sale, then there are many laws that cover false representation. It seems hard to believe that a boat would go from being tip-top, to needing 2k worth of work in the blink of an eye. Ask Greg if he is able to determine how long these problems have been occuring. I also have to believe that it is shitty that he wont return your e mails. Screwing someone over on here is an easy way to find your ass become a pariah on here though. I would say that you do need to try and work this out, and take a close look at your contract, IF there even is one. Good luck, and keep us posted. -DD Out
[ May 11, 2003, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

HOSS
05-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Was that the yellow boat he was selling? Looked good in the pics. May have had water in the tanks. Thats normal for a boat, car or lawnmower that sat up. And 2k at GS doesn`t go far. Or any shop. I think you need to go through the fuel system TOTALLY. Again, this is normal after sitting up. I haven`t cranked mine since last year so I know the fuel in the tanks is trash.
If this is the same boat I`m thinking of. I also want to say it needed a couple things. Minor things. But no big deal to me may be a big deal to you. At any rate ggod luck and I would try to fix the problems myself since they sound like maintenance. Buy a case of Bud Light and bait some friends over. :D
[ May 11, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: HOSS ]

hd&boatrider
05-11-2003, 07:05 PM
[ May 12, 2003, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

hd&boatrider
05-11-2003, 07:10 PM
[ May 12, 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

hd&boatrider
05-11-2003, 07:11 PM
[ May 12, 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

HBjet
05-11-2003, 07:14 PM
From what I know, Eric455 is a good guy, and he hangs out with a few people from these boards. I'm curoius to know what repairs where needed. New gas tanks surprises me because unless they where fiberglass tanks, I can't see replacing them.
As for the def. of turn key, you two really need to work that out. Turn Key to one guy may mean EVERYTHING is working the way it's suppose to be, and there are no known problems. Someone else it may mean there are no Mechanical Problems with the motor as for the internals of the motor or jet drive. Others it may mean the key turns while in the ignition.
So, good luck and let us know how things pan out.
HBjet
[ May 11, 2003, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

hd&boatrider
05-11-2003, 07:17 PM
[ May 12, 2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

hd&boatrider
05-11-2003, 07:26 PM
[ May 12, 2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

JetBoatRich
05-11-2003, 07:34 PM
You seem to have a very positive look at things, definitely a good start to working it out. wink

hd&boatrider
05-11-2003, 08:04 PM
UPDATE--Eric called me just now and we talked. I am sure there will be no problem between us but I have to see what Greg says. Eric comes across as a genuine person and is concerned regarding the problems I am having. That is all I wanted at this point and he understands. Seems he has been to busy since he went to Missouri to look at my em. I want Eric to understand that my antention again was to get his attention. Nothing more nothing less at this point.
I want to post pics in here that I took of the boat after the detailing, new headers, rub rail, etc. Eric will love the way the boat has turned out to this point. Can someone help me out. EM me at twint64235@aol.com and I will send them to you so you can add them here for me. Thanks in advance.

Eric455
05-11-2003, 08:06 PM
i was just informed about this issue. i dont know what and who DS marine is. and i personally think they screwed around with the boat and tom to make some cash. when dealing with tom. i did show himn the the motor STARTS, RUNS, IDELS, ECT.... now changing headers is his issue. making the boat shine more is still his issue. changine gas thanks and tuning the motor so it wont idle!!! now that going over board. their are many people here that know that i was at havasu 2 weeks before the sell and the boat ran great for 3 days without a single problem. me and tom talked i wasnt ignoring him i just didnt get to read his e-mail till this afternoon because of e-mail issues! hope all goes well with the boat. but yes i did make the effort to go out to his place a day after the sale abd try to fix a problem that occoured after the purchase was made. tom said he will send me an email regaring the service that was done. and i sure as hell know that boat didnt need 2500 worth of work. and by the way the boat was sold to him for 5k. if all of you that remember i originaly was asking 8300 for it. and gave it to tom for 5k cuz i needed the room for the new boat.
i dont like to lie. even tom knows this is pissing me off knowing that he paid for all that work and hearing alll these problems with it. i dont like this one bit, but i guess he had to take it this way.
eric

DickDanger
05-11-2003, 08:20 PM
Well, it sounds as if the two of you are on the road to resolving this issue. I can understand your frustration after laying out that kind of $$$, and not having the thing work as you had hoped. This is always a problem with buying anything that is used. You may be getting a headache that the seller isnt even aware of at the time of sale. Perhaps it is as Hoss said, water in the fuel system. Start with the easiest things first, and go from there. Good luck. -DD Out

HBjet
05-11-2003, 08:23 PM
Eric455:
I did make the effort to go out to his place a day after the sale and try to fix a problem that occoured after the purchase was made.Well, I'm glad you guys are working on resolving this issue. I just curious, the day Tom picked up the boat, it ran and idled fine, but the next day there where problems? Ethically I would think that would be the sellers problem, not the buyers.
On a personal level, I wouldn't take it to GS Marine, or at least take it to a few others and get all of there opinions.
HBjet
[ May 11, 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

DickDanger
05-11-2003, 08:29 PM
I keep hearing good things about Tom Papp, and MPD as well. Maybe give them a try??? I like Greg, but he is always way busy. Always insist on a contract when either purchasing or selling, that defines exactly what you are and are not responsible for. -DD Out

HBjet
05-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Eric455:
I sure as hell know that boat didnt need 2500 worth of work.Not to start any shit, but seeing you say that boat didn't need 2500 bucks worth of work leads me to believe it could have needed work, just not that much.... Or do you mean that boat needed no work at all? I only ask because I would think if the boat needed no work at all, you would say something like "It didn't need any work at all" verses saying 2500 bucks worth implying that he is paying to much for something that should cost, say 500 bucks. If that's the case, the boat isn't considered "Turn Key" in my book!
HBjet

Eric455
05-11-2003, 08:38 PM
the boat was sold AS-IS id he wanted to change headers, air scoop, shine the boat, change the rubber moldings, have it tuned for no reason... ect... was his CHOICE. i can buy a boat and say ohh i wan to put a 1500hp motor in this boat and turn to the owner and say it wasnt turnkey. i hope yall get my point. i understand if the starter kicked the shit. but as far as everything els... that was stricktly his choice. the boat ran fine when i sold it to him thats all i know. i say again i dont mean to be a dic but i'm not the one here thats ripping him off.
eric

DickDanger
05-11-2003, 08:39 PM
Randys right. The definition of "turn key" is exactly what he stated earlier. And I conduct business the same way as well. I always point out even the smallest imperfections, as well as everything that I know or suspect to be wrong with something. This way, the buyer knows exactly what he/she is getting for their money. I also am a big contract guy. I insist on contracts in the event of something happening 6 months down the road that I didnt even know about, and now the buyer wants their money back. "Caveat Emptor", or, "Buyer Beware." -DD Out
[ May 11, 2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

Eric455
05-11-2003, 08:41 PM
the boat didnt need 2500 bux of workl. like i said it needed a starter rebuilt and it was set to go. so Mr. HBJ no it didnt need 2500 of work all it needed was a 100 buk starter rebuilt. i dont even want to get into to details cuz everyone here is getting the impression that i ripped him off. hey all i can say is so be it. i'm out
eric

HBjet
05-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Relax, I'm just trying to understand this better!
So if the boat was running fine and you sold it, and then the next day the buyer does his own tune up and things start to get shitty, then I would say that is on the buyer, not the seller. I was under the impression that the buyer went to fire up the boat the next day without making any changes (because it was sold as turn key, so why would you need a tune up?) and then it didn't run right.
If the boat needed a new starter, then I would say it's not turn key! Turn Key is Turn Key.... you turn the key and go, no questions. It's not do this and do that then you will have Turn Key.
HBjet
[ May 11, 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

spectratoad
05-11-2003, 08:48 PM
I think in one of Eric's posts he said he took it to the buyers house and they had it started and running and idling. If the buyer is present at that time and the boat is complete I would think it would be considered "turn Key". HD Boatrider has alot of toys and I am sure knows what a complete & intact machine looks like. If the boat is found with sawdust in the motor or takes on water likes it's a submarine then that is the sellers problem. But technically "turn key" means nothing needed. If I was a buyer I would make that point known during the negotiation. That is just me though. I think it sounds like the GS marine or whatever may be charging alot. But then again 2K doesn't go far on a boat.
Don't want to start anything just my .02. :D
[ May 11, 2003, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: spectratoad ]

Infomaniac
05-11-2003, 08:50 PM
I'm pretty sure you can take a brand new boat to most marinas and say there is something wrong with it. 2,500 later take it to the lake.
I say he got off easy if he took a jet boat to them to get fixed.
That is not the best type of boat to buy if you do not turn your own wrenches.

Eric455
05-11-2003, 08:54 PM
Infomaniac:
I'm pretty sure you can take a brand new boat to most marinas and say there is something wrong with it. 2,500 later take it to the lake.
That is not the best type of boat to buy if you do not turn your own wrenches. exactly an dyes i did take the boat to him i fired it up ran, idled just fine. and he told me he was satisfied. i do appriciate what info had to say along with all the other postes i've heard.
eric

JetBoatRich
05-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Always ran good when we went out, :D easy to drop money in a boat.Like to know the issues found.
Eric talk to you during the week.

Eric455
05-11-2003, 09:01 PM
JetBoatRich:
Always ran good when we went out, :D easy to drop money in a boat.Like to know the issues found.
Eric talk to you during the week. findout the issues. yea i just can't wait. till tomarrow.
yes i will call you tomarrow rich. sunday still looks good. i think i will finish the elim by saturday. well see.
eric

hd&boatrider
05-11-2003, 09:07 PM
[ May 12, 2003, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

Eric455
05-11-2003, 09:12 PM
10-4

hd&boatrider
05-11-2003, 09:13 PM
[ May 12, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

Brendella
05-11-2003, 10:14 PM
G.S. marine has a good rep. but to my understanding buying a used boat as is means as is. I don't believe there is a lemon law to apply, furthermore before you paid cash for the boat. you should have at least put it in the water. and for 5 to 6 $$ tells me a clean looking boat that needs some work some where.

hd&boatrider
05-11-2003, 10:20 PM
[ May 12, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

Infomaniac
05-12-2003, 04:22 AM
hd&boatrider:
Infomaniac:
That is not the best type of boat to buy if you do not turn your own wrenches. Tell you what...Since you guys seem to want to insinuate GS Marine does work simply to gouge somebody I will ask Greg if he would like to come on here and read/respond to some of this crap. Don't slam someone just to slam him. By the way, I am not a friggin' idiot but am willing to pay to get it right. I think you guys need to be careful with throwing the terms around that you are using. What I told them and what they did was what I wanted done. No, I am not a mechanic. I don't remember saying anything specific about G&S Marine.
My point being (and maybe not very well put) There are always issues on a boat that need addressed. If you take it to a marine place they are more than willing to point them out. And charge the marine rate.
You would be money ahead taking a jet boat with engine issues to the local hot rod place rather than a marine place. If you are not a mechanic.

HOSS
05-12-2003, 05:39 AM
WO hd&boatrider, no one is accusing greg of shit. It seems to me that you are stirring up shit. As a newbie I highly advise you to tone it down. That just advise take it or leave it.
I, me am saying that there are cheaper ways. Like you yourself. Its eems to me that you are lazy and are taking all you problems to one of the best in the business and expecting Eric455 to foot the bill. These boats are hotrods and will break. Either learn to wrench or pay someone to. But don`t ****in` complain and put words in other peoples mouths.
Now that I stated GS is one of the best in the business, guess what someone on that level will charge. And rightfully so, but nonetheless higher than wrenching yourself. I think you took a cheap shot at everyone who responded to this thread. We only had intentions of helping you. YOU twisted this around. Good luck with your rig and good luck on this site.

Ian
05-12-2003, 06:02 AM
I have met Eric455 once before and he was a stand up guy, also his boat seemed pretty turn-key. But we all know that a boat can run perfect one day and ruin your next day. I can also understand Hd&boatrider I would be very pissed if I bought a boat from someone and had nothing but problems. As for Greg at GS Marine he is an outstanding person with great buisness ethics. A while back I was having nothing but problems getting some Copper head gaskets to seal, Greg heard about my problems from someone on the boards and contacted me. Keep in mind I had never done buisness with him before, yet he realized I was a young boater at my wits end and contacted me first thing on a monday morning and spent a long time on the phone giving me advice. At one point during our talks I told him I would rather just pay him to put it together and he told me that was unnecessary, and that I could do it myself. Now you tell me, does that sound like someone that's trying rip people off.

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 06:23 AM
[ May 12, 2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 06:30 AM
[ May 12, 2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

superV
05-12-2003, 08:11 AM
RiverDave:
I've only had one dealing with Greg Shoemaker. Let me just say that the guy is a stand up guy. I'd be more then willing to take my boat over to him if i kept it in CA.
RD Or if it had a Motor in it :rolleyes:

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 09:08 AM
[ May 12, 2003, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

JetBoatRich
05-12-2003, 09:36 AM
I sent you an e-mail.

superV
05-12-2003, 09:47 AM
"Choke" Im glad It was not something that would cost more than $2500 eek! :D J/K
[ May 12, 2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: superV ]

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 10:07 AM
[ May 12, 2003, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

NorCal Gameshow
05-12-2003, 10:14 AM
this is good info for me, i'm trying to sell my jet. i try not to say "turn key" even though for last three years i've had it every time i turn the key it starts and runs great. also, avoid buying a boat without taking it out on the water 10 seconds run time doesn't tell you much

superV
05-12-2003, 10:33 AM
hd&boatrider:
superV:
"Choke" Im glad It was not something that would cost more than $2500 eek! :D J/K I am just glad it was something simple :) I did have some wrench heads looking at it with me at the river but of course the obvious was overlooked. It does happen from time to time you know. I am very anxious to get the boat on that river but it will have to wait till this weekend :( Good luck and have Fun! wink

Hustler
05-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Hey Tom we'll be out there this weekend, call us when you roll into town. I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you.

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 10:47 AM
Hustler:
Hey Tom we'll be out there this weekend, call us when you roll into town. I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you. Sounds good and I will be in touch. I would go right now but I actually have some work to do this week....lol

Boozer
05-12-2003, 11:06 AM
So when are we going to see these pics?? I want to see what a $5,000 boat with a $2,500 choke problem looks like.

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Boozer:
So when are we going to see these pics?? I want to see what a $5,000 boat with a $2,500 choke problem looks like. LOL...There was other things done to the boat and all were not service related. Some were strictly cosmetic. I have sent the pics to jetboatrich and eric455 so one of them will post them. I want to see them here also. Come on guys...we all want to see the pics :cool:

Hustler
05-12-2003, 11:16 AM
When are you going to leave? We should be ther about 6 on friday night then off to the seafood buffet at the Avi. :D

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Hustler:
When are you going to leave? We should be ther about 6 on friday night then off to the seafood buffet at the Avi. :D I originally was going to go out tomorrow after work however I have appointments thru Thursday. I would probably leave Thursday night ot first thing Friday morning. I will call you when I leave and touch bases with you. If my appt on Thursday gets cancelled then I will be leaving Thursday AM.

Hustler
05-12-2003, 11:25 AM
Sounds good Tom, Talk to ya later in the week

Eric455
05-12-2003, 12:29 PM
here are some pf the pics
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/59sw_3-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/59sw_2_-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/591-med.jpg more coming

Boozer
05-12-2003, 12:36 PM
Thats a sweet lookin boat. I'd say it was worth the $5,000.

Eric455
05-12-2003, 12:37 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/594-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/597-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/596-med.jpg
have fun
eric

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Boozer:
Thats a sweet lookin boat. I'd say it was worth the $5,000. Originally I was getting it for a friend but decided to keep it for myself. I see nothing but good times in the future and hope to see Eric out on the river. Later

Backtanner
05-12-2003, 02:14 PM
$2500 ? Is that choke made of solid platinum?

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 02:26 PM
Backtanner:
$2500 ? Is that choke made of solid platinum? I can see I am going to take a ribbing on this but it was not just a choke....It was a choke and a spark plug....lol The choke was $1. and the spark plug was $2,499.99 + tax......

SCUBA STEVE
05-12-2003, 02:48 PM
great looking boat, even better with the upgrade :D gs marine sure looks packed. I was there in march, only 3 boats in the lot.

roostwear
05-12-2003, 02:52 PM
[ May 12, 2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: roostwear ]

roostwear
[ May 12, 2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: roostwear ]

roostwear
And they all had fuel problems, too. What are the odds.....
[ May 12, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: roostwear ]

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 02:57 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
great looking boat, even better with the upgrade :D gs marine sure looks packed. I was there in march, only 3 boats in the lot. They had about 10 outside and roughly maybe 5 inside at the time. Busy yes, but this AM Scott and Greg came right out and took care of me. I appreciate that.

SCUBA STEVE
05-12-2003, 03:01 PM
I forgot to say that when I took my boat in to gs marine, for the 10 hour service, greg could have charged me for 2 hrs of work, which was what I expected, he only charged me for 1 hr, and gave me some "newbie" tips to boot. A+ rating for gs marine.

78Eliminator
05-12-2003, 03:20 PM
Infomaniac:
That is not the best type of boat to buy if you do not turn your own wrenches. Aren't you they guy with the commander? I think my girlfriend was talking to you guys and playing with Rd's dog "Neva" at his birthday party. Anyway, I have to second what Info stated above. Trust me on this one. You are not going to be happy if you really want a "turn key" boat. Not that they dont exist in the Jet/Big Block flavor, but it seems that it's always something. And don't even think about going to the river without a full set of tools. I say, dump the boat and stick with the commander unless you are mechanically inclined and even better if you enjoy wrenching in the garage when all your buddies are out drinking and having a good time....
Justin

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 03:47 PM
78Eliminator:
Infomaniac:
That is not the best type of boat to buy if you do not turn your own wrenches. Aren't you they guy with the commander? I think my girlfriend was talking to you guys and playing with Rd's dog "Neva" at his birthday party. Anyway, I have to second what Info stated above. Trust me on this one. You are not going to be happy if you really want a "turn key" boat. Not that they dont exist in the Jet/Big Block flavor, but it seems that it's always something. And don't even think about going to the river without a full set of tools. I say, dump the boat and stick with the commander unless you are mechanically inclined and even better if you enjoy wrenching in the garage when all your buddies are out drinking and having a good time....
Justin Hey Justin...yes that is me. The Southwind is not intended to be my primary boat. It is just another toy and I still have the Commander. I have plenty of friends that would help out if need be. Eric and I are already cool on this so there is no reason to get started again. Tools will be on board :D

78Eliminator
05-12-2003, 03:52 PM
hd&boatrider:
Eric and I are already cool on this so there is no reason to get started again. Tools will be on board :D Glad to hear it!

HalletDave
05-12-2003, 03:53 PM
HD&Boatrider,
I am glad to hear you and Eric straightened things out. I have driven the Southwind and it is a fun boat. I feel it is a good addition to your toy collection. Hope to meet you soon on the water. Enjoy and be safe.
HD

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 03:55 PM
HalletDave:
HD&Boatrider,
I am glad to hear you and Eric straightened things out. I have driven the Southwind and it is a fun boat. I feel it is a good addition to your toy collection. Hope to meet you soon on the water. Enjoy and be safe.
HD Thanks HD...any idea on your perspective what the top end might be?

77charger
05-12-2003, 03:56 PM
good to see you worked it out i saw erics boat at havasu that weeknd i met you out there tom(at least now you will be happy knowing the little bugs are fixed) :) .It was runnin fine from what i heard sounded good too.I think alot of peopl IMO expect a perfect boat when they buy it used.One reason i didnt sell my old jet to anyone was because it had many small probs but motor and pump worked excellent even if sold it in the trader for 2000 someone will say it needs to much or wont be happy.I did sell it to my brother for 700 bucks evn though i had more in parts recently but at least he will enjoy besides i told him the energizer kit and new diverter are worth that much should something major go wrong..Now even my eliminator i just bought has to go into the shop to have the y pipe for the thru transom exhaust replaced!!going to cost me but the way i look at it is the boat is not new and i bought it used.i am sure the seller had no idea on its cond since you can bareky crawl under there and it just started leaking water my last trip to elsinore.

JetBoatRich
05-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Eric beat me to the pictures, glad all is well and the "GOLD CHOKE" will look good on the boat.

HalletDave
05-12-2003, 04:06 PM
any idea on your perspective what the top end might be?
I was with him at Pyramid one day earlier in the year. If I remember correctly we were side by side, 58mph on GPS, I was turning 4,800 RPM, and I think he was turning the same. My boat was running shitty at the time. I have since been able to get the old LS6 up to 5,600 RPM at the Delta 3 weeks ago. I think the motor is pretty stout in the Southwind. It should be capable of more. Bruce might be able to tell you more about its' potential better than I can. Keep us posted with your progress. Hook up with us for a local trip sometime.
HD

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 04:11 PM
JetBoatRich:
Eric beat me to the pictures, glad all is well and the "GOLD CHOKE" will look good on the boat. Now that is some funny shit...lol I have never named any boat I have owned but that one sounds appropriate.
By the way...I edited out all my posts that had to do with the boat. I figured the issue is solved and we don't need to keep bringing up stuff for people who just stumbled in. Some of you others might want to do the same. Now I gotta look at the pics again :)

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 04:14 PM
HalletDave:
any idea on your perspective what the top end might be?
I was with him at Pyramid one day earlier in the year. If I remember correctly we were side by side, 58mph on GPS, I was turning 4,800 RPM, and I think he was turning the same. My boat was running shitty at the time. I have since been able to get the old LS6 up to 5,600 RPM at the Delta 3 weeks ago. I think the motor is pretty stout in the Southwind. It should be capable of more. Bruce might be able to tell you more about its' potential better than I can. Keep us posted with your progress. Hook up with us for a local trip sometime.
HD You can bet on seeing me out at Needles and Laughlin from time to time. It would normally be during the week because on the weekends I will be on the lakes with the Commander. I would be happy with close to 60. I know Greg said when I am ready he can definitly get more top end out of the boat. Who knows maybe I will have him hook it up :)

JetBoatRich
05-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Laughlin sounds good to me, have reservations set for the fourth of July. Not sure about before that :D

HalletDave
05-12-2003, 04:18 PM
have reservations set for the fourth of July. Hey Rich,
Can I sleep on the floor? :D
HD

JetBoatRich
05-12-2003, 04:20 PM
What are you to cheap :confused: get a room. Laughlin hotels are inexpensive, plus I think the wife and kids are sleeping on the floor :D

Eric455
05-12-2003, 04:22 PM
HalletDave:
have reservations set for the fourth of July. Hey Rich,
Can I sleep on the floor? :D
HD cani sleep in the drivers seat? please please please. or i can maybe pay dave and i can sleep on the roof and he can get the drivers seat!!! lol
what ya thin dave.
eric

hd&boatrider
05-12-2003, 04:27 PM
JetBoatRich:
Laughlin sounds good to me, have reservations set for the fourth of July. Not sure about before that :D I am riding up to the Hollister Run during 4th July on my Heritage Softail so I won't be there in BHC. Ever been to that JBR? It is one definitly to go to if you are into Harleys. I am also making the run to Sturgis this year with a bunch of friends from N CA. Living on the edge is great. I had a friend ask me last week about how I have even made it this far in life without getting killed. I just kind of laughed but he was serious...lol

HalletDave
05-12-2003, 04:28 PM
plus I think the wife and kids are sleeping on the floor
OK, they can have the floor. :(
I will see what I can come up with. I had thought about maybe going to the "Delta", but the "River" would be :cool: .

JetBoatRich
05-12-2003, 04:38 PM
hd&boatrider:
JetBoatRich:
Laughlin sounds good to me, have reservations set for the fourth of July. Not sure about before that :D I am riding up to the Hollister Run during 4th July on my Heritage Softail so I won't be there in BHC. Ever been to that JBR? It is one definitely to go to if you are into Harleys. I am also making the run to Sturgis this year with a bunch of friends from N CA. Living on the edge is great. I had a friend ask me last week about how I have even made it this far in life without getting killed. I just kind of laughed but he was serious...lol I made a lot runs with "HOG" and the river run a couple years. My Brother will be at the Milwaukee get together for the 100 year anniversary.