PDA

View Full Version : Guacamole Recipe!

stump
01-31-2003, 03:34 PM
Anybody have a super guacamole recipe they like to share and any other mexican food favorites you might think of,thanks from the east coast.

OC-PARTYCAT
01-31-2003, 04:09 PM
do you guys get avacados over there???

Lightning
01-31-2003, 04:36 PM
If you can find them, the "bacon" Avocados have the best flavor in my opinion. What is common in the stores is the "hass" avocado due to their year around availability. The "bacon" avocados are ripe in mid-winter. Anyhow, take the avo, throw in some finely chopped red onions, squeeze in some lemon, add a little salt. Mash it all together and you're good to go.

ROZ
01-31-2003, 04:44 PM
OC-PARTYCAT:
do you guys get avacados over there??? Just in case he doesn't know what an avocado is:
http://www.blackjackorchards.com/images/avocados.gif
RD, Where is Murrieta's anyway wink
[ January 31, 2003, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

Lightning
01-31-2003, 04:48 PM
RiverDave:
.......Guacomale is really kind of a "run what ya brung" dish.....
Ya skin the avocado's, throw em in a bowel and start mashing.
Overall though the main ingrediant is Avacados.
RD I agree with the first and third lines, but throwing them in a bowel ? What's up with that :confused:

ROZ
01-31-2003, 04:53 PM
Lightning:
RiverDave:
RD I agree with the first and third lines, but throwing them in a bowel ? What's up with that :confused: He said Bowel eek! :D

Lightning
01-31-2003, 05:00 PM
ROZ:
Lightning:
RiverDave:
RD I agree with the first and third lines, but throwing them in a bowel ? What's up with that :confused: He said Bowel eek! :D I don't know about you, but I use a bowl.

ROZ
01-31-2003, 05:30 PM
Lightning:
ROZ:
Lightning:
RiverDave:
RD I agree with the first and third lines, but throwing them in a bowel ? What's up with that :confused: He said Bowel eek! :D I don't know about you, but I use a bowl. Bowl first, bowels much later wink

Sandbar Junkies
01-31-2003, 08:05 PM
Stump check your PM

Dusty Times
01-31-2003, 08:48 PM
High Jack!
Sorry, just got a little too into the mexican hunger thing since I was slurpin Coronas and limes while reading.
Gotta agree with your recipe Dave.

Miss Behavin
01-31-2003, 08:59 PM
Ok, heres my recipe. 4 or 5 avacados, 1 chopped tomato, 1 small finely chopped onion, 1 Tablespoon mayo, finely chopped cilantro, 1 crushed clove of garlic, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin powder, 1/4 cup of whatever type of salse you like. I usually add chopped jalapenos. I guess it depends on how hot you like it. Salt and pepper to taste. As for the lemons, no way. Lemons are only to keep it from getting brown if you don't eat it all but it does make it too sour.
[ January 31, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Miss Behavin ]

Dusty Times
01-31-2003, 09:12 PM
Where is the tortilla chips? My mouth is watering.

Daytona19
01-31-2003, 09:18 PM
For any recipe you may need there is a good site called astray.com. Go there and click recipes and type what your looking for and chances are you will have way to many to choose from, GREAT SITE !!

jm2drvr
01-31-2003, 11:12 PM
kind of similar to the one above, but everyone who eats it say it's killer...5 avos, 1-2tsp of fresh minced garlic(I use the garlic in a jar, already minced for ya), about half of a small red onion diced, or more if you like, cilantro, seeded cerano chiles, the more the better, couple dashes of tobasco, salt, white pepper, juice of one lime. I borrowed this recipe from my previous employer.

stump
02-01-2003, 05:54 AM
Thanks a bunch Rio Dog But dont send any more.We have all kinds of mexicans around here also, they just dont speak Carolina so we cant understand them! So I figured i'd ask the seasoned pro's on the west side for the translated recipe,Because ya'll have been round these folks way longer than we have!!LOL
And thanks the rest of ya's for the recipe's!!

Thunderbutt
02-01-2003, 07:15 AM
stump:
Anybody have a super guacamole recipe they like to share and any other mexican food favorites you might think of,thanks from the east coast. Stump:
What about a Salsa recipe.
1- 7 Anaheim peppers
2- 2-Jalapinos (depends on how hot you want it)
3- 6-Yellow chile peppers
4- 1 bunch of Cilentro
5- 4- green onions (white part only)
6- 1/2 red onion
7- tablespoon of crushed Garlic
8- 2 ounces of vinigar & oil salad dressing (Paul Newman)
9- one big lime
10-10 Tomatos
Chop the peppers, cilentro, and onions up individually in about 1/4 inch. When they are chopped up then mix them together and re-chop them as small as you can. (don't use a blender) Use a roller blade or a Quick Chopper. Do the same thing with the tomatoes. Mix 2/3 of the chopped peppers with the tomatos and save 1/3 for later after tasting. Add the vinigar & oil, garlic, lime, regular salt to the taste and celery salt to the taste. Now the best part 2-glugs of Tequilla. Then find a grocery store that sells Mission tortilla chips and get a case of beer and hit the water.
Guacamole - Mash two large avocados. Salt and pepper. Add about 1 Tbsp mayo, 1 Tbsp FINELY chopped onion, a couple dashes of hot pepper sauce and 1/2 of a lime.
After all of this work if it doesn't taste good, drink some more Tequilla.
If you want some food recipes let me know and i'll e-mail to you. My wife makes better Mexican food then any Restaurant

Miss Behavin
02-01-2003, 02:07 PM
Oh Hell, lets just have a MEXICAN FOOD PARTY!!!! That way we can all decide who has the best recipes.

Cantrip
02-01-2003, 04:05 PM
I think miss behavin's recipie will pretty much kick ass. i like to do 4 avocados, 2 tbls of mayo or sour cream, tabasco, 1/2 lime, tspn of chilipower, 2 tblspns fresh salsa, and then some salt/pepper or garlic salt, whatever you like.

DaveA
02-01-2003, 09:04 PM
Hey Stump,
Great idea. I knew there was something better out there other than El Cancun's green slime, which ain't bad with some diced onions added.
If anyone is into chile peppers, check out this site for a whole slew of recipes using hot peppers that I won't even dare to taste.
Who says you gotta be from the Left Coast to know Mexican food?? Oh, and yeah, thanks from the East Coast again, RiverDave... :D
Bailey Farms Ring of Fire Chile Pepper site (http://www.baileyfarmsinc.com/)

Mohavekid
02-02-2003, 11:27 AM
Here's another guacamole recipe for you.
Take 4-5 avocados, remove skins and pits and mash. Add about 4 oz. (1/2 a container) of plain yogurt, a couple of tsps. of lemon juice, 2-3 tsps of ground cumin, 2 tsps of garlic powder, a couple of tablespoons of salsa, a shake of salt and pepper to taste.
For those of you that like heat, you can always throw in some chopped peppers.

beyondhelpin
02-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Lemons are for lemonade. Leave out of the guac. Try leaving the seed in it (unmashed). For some reason it slows down the browning. Thats what the wife does and it seems to work.

ROZ
02-02-2003, 10:48 PM
beyondhelpin:
Lemons are for lemonade. Leave out of the guac. Try leaving the seed in it (unmashed). For some reason it slows down the browning. Thats what the wife does and it seems to work. I agree...If the guac is good, it will be gone before it has a chance to brown.
Incidentally, I just finished a nice healthy serving of Chili Renos....AWESOME!