PDA

View Full Version : Finally I get to show the boat

SCUBA STEVE
03-26-2003, 07:54 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366Mvc-045s-med.jpg
There are more pic's in the image center.
Special thanks to jetboatrich 4 the how to 411

bordsmnj
03-26-2003, 08:03 PM
looking good :cool: can't say that i'm not just a little bit jealous! where was that shot taken?

JetBoatRich
03-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Good Job Steve, glad i could help. Local lake trip a week from Sunday :D

SCUBA STEVE
03-26-2003, 08:20 PM
Thanks Jason. If anyone saw me out in Perris the day I took that picture, they sure had a good laugh on me. For some reason I showed my rookie colors that day. I couldnt get the boat off the trailer to launch, and I couldnt get the boat on the trailer to load. I just had one of those days I think everyone experiences from time to time. I didnt feel too bad, 2 weeks later I went back, and there was a guy there with 3 dead batteries. He was already in the water. How do you launch with out giving your boat a quick test start???? :confused:

SCUBA STEVE
03-26-2003, 08:22 PM
JetBoatRich:
Good Job Steve, glad i could help. Local lake trip a week from Sunday :D where is local for you?
I'll be in havasu next weekend. the first road trip of the season.

JetBoatRich
03-26-2003, 08:28 PM
Pyramid is what we are talking about right now.

bordsmnj
03-26-2003, 08:28 PM
i have found it wise to give it a quick turn before leaving my driveway.with the last boat anyway.now i carry jumper cables,too :D

bordsmnj
03-26-2003, 08:30 PM
whadayuh think of castaic, jetboatrich?? haven't been yet

bordsmnj
03-26-2003, 08:31 PM
oops,sorry steve. didn't mean to hijack your post wink

JetBoatRich
03-26-2003, 08:33 PM
bordsmnj:
whadayuh think of castaic, jetboatrich?? haven't been yet Beer is against the law there :mad:

JetBoatRich
03-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Extra 15 minutes or so to Pyramid is worth it.

SCUBA STEVE
03-26-2003, 08:37 PM
pyramid? I have heard of it, but never been.
I bailed that guy out because I had jumper cables and one of those battery boost things.
Castiac is cool for partying!! They have some coves there. Perris is ok, Elsinore isnt too nice. But you are allowed to go beyond 35mph in their high speed area. If you are doing a family thing I would go to castiac, because you can go innertubbing there.

SCUBA STEVE
03-26-2003, 08:38 PM
bordsmnj:
oops,sorry steve. didn't mean to hijack your post wink no biggie

bordsmnj
03-26-2003, 08:38 PM
what if yuh don't drink. that is to say how bout from a pure boating for the sake of boating point of view? and how do it and pyrimid compare to say elsinore or peris?

SCUBA STEVE
03-26-2003, 08:39 PM
JetBoatRich:
Extra 15 minutes or so to Pyramid is worth it. so you can drink at pyramid?? if so thats my new local spot!

bordsmnj
03-26-2003, 08:40 PM
and steve i dig that rooster tail shot you posted in the picture zone smile_sp

JetBoatRich
03-26-2003, 08:40 PM
Pyramid has a sandbar and you can tube, ski.

77charger
03-26-2003, 08:44 PM
were you out at perris on sunday.I was out there cant remember if i saw that boat or one very simalar.I was in a 21 eliminator open bow just 3 of us in it around 1-2:30

JetBoatRich
03-26-2003, 08:48 PM
77charger:
were you out at perris on sunday.I was out there cant remember if i saw that boat or one very simalar.I was in a 21 eliminator open bow just 3 of us in it around 1-2:30 You talking to Steve? I was not out there :D

SCUBA STEVE
03-26-2003, 08:49 PM
77charger:
were you out at perris on sunday.I was out there cant remember if i saw that boat or one very simalar.I was in a 21 eliminator open bow just 3 of us in it around 1-2:30 Last time I was out was in mid FEB. Boating in FEB, I just love sunny Cal. When I was there a playboy ciggarete boat was tearing it up.

SCUBA STEVE
03-26-2003, 08:52 PM
JetBoatRich:
Pyramid has a sandbar and you can tube, ski. sounds like a cool spot. I will assume drinking is illegal there like every other CA, lake.

JetBoatRich
03-26-2003, 08:55 PM
Drinking is ok there, I like a beer when playing in the sun. That is why we go there over Castaic.

SCUBA STEVE
03-26-2003, 09:00 PM
JetBoatRich:
Drinking is ok there, I like a beer when playing in the sun. That is why we go there over Castaic. You should be a salesman because I am SOLD!!!

JetBoatRich
03-26-2003, 09:02 PM
You bought the lake, we throw in the water wink

SCUBA STEVE
03-26-2003, 09:10 PM
bordsmnj:
and steve i dig that rooster tail shot you posted in the picture zone smile_sp Thanks, I had to have a rooster. Speaking of roosters, what made you go with a prop on your new toy?

SCUBA STEVE
03-26-2003, 09:12 PM
JetBoatRich:
You bought the lake, we throw in the water wink OK, But only if its natural spring water. Nothing but the best for the boats.

bordsmnj
03-26-2003, 10:46 PM
10 mph and 150 bucks less in gas per week end than with the 502/jet i was gonna get. you got the marine power 502 0r Indmar? and what kinda numbers yuh gettin' outta curiousity. I really wanted a jet but basically can't afford it in the long run.

SCUBA STEVE
03-27-2003, 08:43 AM
bordsmnj:
10 mph and 150 bucks less in gas per week end than with the 502/jet i was gonna get. you got the marine power 502 0r Indmar? and what kinda numbers yuh gettin' outta curiousity. I really wanted a jet but basically can't afford it in the long run. I hear you on the speed & gas. of course over all performance is probably better with a prop. Marine power 502, I am getting it up to 60 in perfect conditions, thats not a gps reading. I aslo havent ran it with a boat load of people or a full tank of gas. I went with a jet for the rooster & safety reasons. It will probably run a good 50mph with all the elements, thats plenty fast for a me. (for now) eek!

Waldo
03-27-2003, 09:07 AM
Steve, what day were you out at Perris? I was out there last Saturday with my family and friends (2nd time out in our new boat). Saw a boat similar to yours but not sure if it was you. Sure was a beautiful day. A little more crowed than a couple of weeks ago. I heard Elsinore was closed for high levels of bacteria. Probably sent more boaters to Perris.
I spent a good 15 minutes waiting to back my trailer down when we were leaving. Someone tied up on the inside of the dock blocking my path and then ended up helping the lady next to my try and back her "bright yellow" trailer down the ramp.
BACK DOWN, GET CROOKED, PULL UP - BACK DOWN, GET CROOKED, PULL BACK UP, REPEAT, YOU GET IT!
For some reason she couldn't back it down straight. Oh well, everyone has to learn sometime.

SCUBA STEVE
03-27-2003, 09:49 AM
I havent been out since mid feb. I wanted to get out there this past weekend, but decided save my $ due to the high gas prices.
Seen as how I had my bad days launching & loading I have to give some of the people having a hard time a break. I figure the water isnt going anywhere, why get fustrated being in a rush. We all have to lend a helping hand sometime, she probably couldnt see the back of the trailer, thats why she was all over the place. Load guides would be a solution for someone who has problems like that.

SCUBA STEVE
03-27-2003, 09:50 AM
By the way Waldo, congrats on the new boat. :D

superdave013
03-27-2003, 09:57 AM
bordsmnj:
what if yuh don't drink. that is to say how bout from a pure boating for the sake of boating point of view? and how do it and pyrimid compare to say elsinore or peris? Much much nicer. I like smellsomemore because it's close and has a speed zone.
But Pyrimid is way nicer. Only thing (not that it's bad) is they only let some many boats on the lake. Gotta get there early or you might get turned away.

Waldo
03-27-2003, 11:22 AM
On my post, I made it sound like someone else helped her. But what I meant to say is that someone blocked my path so I was waiting. Then my dad and I helped the woman that was having a hard time. As soon as we lowered her tail gate, it was a little smoother.
Agreed that there is no sense in getting your panties in a wad over a few minutes of life.
Speaking of getting your panties in a wad, this is what it looked like at our "friendly" softball game last night. argue :mad: yuk eek! argue argue argue

SCUBA STEVE
03-27-2003, 11:51 AM
What kind of softball game is that? One of those bench clearing kind? :D

Waldo
03-27-2003, 01:28 PM
It wasn't bench clearing, just one guy on the other team yelling at our 3rd baseman "you are an F-ing, cheating asshole" for absolutely no reason (he thought our guy did something that wasn't fair...nobody knows what???). All our third baseman did was toss his glove down and say "You want a piece of me?".
It was classic because our 3rd baseman is so melow and reserve but he was about to pound this jackass. So, of course I had to go over and break it up....well maybe add some fuel to the fire but, all in all, the guy was a poor sport. We are all there to have fun, that's why we play in a coed league. Even though I love to piss those kind of people off after they have already shot their mouth off.

SCUBA STEVE
03-27-2003, 01:50 PM
co-ed teams are just for fun. but sometimes there is that one guy who is mr softball and just has to win at all costs. (poor sport) when i played i was to busy laughing most of the time to worry about winning. your 3rd baseman must have been pissed if he is a melow guy. we all have our breaking points. devil
I didnt look at your profile waldo, what is the make or your boat, from you avatar pic it looks like an essex 21' or 23' :D
:D :D :D

Waldo
03-27-2003, 02:28 PM
It's a 2000 Carrera 202XR w/350 Mag MPI. It only had 25 hrs on it and was in pretty clean shape when we bought last month.

SCUBA STEVE
03-27-2003, 02:42 PM
Waldo:
It's a 2000 Carrera 202XR w/350 Mag MPI. It only had 25 hrs on it and was in pretty clean shape when we bought last month. I looked up your profile after sorry for the mix up. It looks good, I hope you get alot of use out of it. I guess our boats are distant 2nd cousins. Aftershock boats bought out Carrera. Or at least last time I checked they did. Things change everyday. Ready for the season? I'll be out in havasu next weekend for my first road trip with the new boat.

Waldo
03-27-2003, 04:12 PM
More than ready. Besides taking her local a couple of times, our first official river trip is 4/13-4/19 in Parker. Staying at Emerald Cove with family. It can't come quick enough!!!

SCUBA STEVE
03-27-2003, 04:26 PM
Thats what I am talking about a week vacation.
I am a weekend warrior. everytime I miss work it takes me 3 days to catch up for every day I miss.

Waldo
03-27-2003, 06:41 PM
Yeah, the teacher gig has its rewards in other ways than $$$. We are going for two full weeks in August as well. smile_sp

SCUBA STEVE
03-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Waldo:
Yeah, the teacher gig has its rewards in other ways than $$$. We are going for two full weeks in August as well. smile_sp Last summer I was telling a friend of mine I should have been a teacher, all the holiday's, spring & summer vacation. I am envious. cry Other then being a fireman a teachers gig is a boaters job dream.