PDA

View Full Version : B&D Marine in El Monte, CA

OGShocker
09-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Does anyone use them? Please share your stories.

WILD LAVEY
09-17-2003, 11:57 PM
ive used them once. they had to replace a bad drive oil res. sensor. ive seen some bad a$$ boats out there. long story short, experience was good.

OGShocker
09-18-2003, 07:14 AM
Thanks, I need to schedule my 50 hour.

UltraLucky
09-18-2003, 07:42 AM
I used them for motor work and the quality of work was excellent. :cool: Motor has been turn key for two seasons.
[ September 19, 2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: UltraLucky ]

dimarcobros
09-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Brian, the owner, is good family freinds of ours. We have the same boat as he does and take our boat to him for everything. We even tow it home from Havasu just so he can work on it. He is a great guy and worth it to us.
DMB

Tom Slick
09-18-2003, 11:29 AM
B&D Marine is great and the best part is the owners daughter Nicole. Not only is she really cool and knows alot about the business, but she is super hot too. :D

Up 4 River
09-18-2003, 11:33 AM
I'll ditto what DMB said. He's a good guy and does good work.

dimarcobros
09-18-2003, 11:44 AM
I do believe they have a website but I am not sure what it is. :confused:
I will find out and let you guys know.
DMB

rivercrazy
09-18-2003, 04:16 PM
[ September 18, 2003, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: rivercrazy ]

rivercrazy
09-18-2003, 04:18 PM
[ September 23, 2003, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: rivercrazy ]

BFetherolf
09-22-2003, 02:10 PM
Mr Craig phoned me to personally appologize for making comments that were "completely out of line" and told me he was going to remove them from this posting. With that, I will remove my response.
The comments from the rest of you make it a lot easier to put in the effort and hours it takes to run a business. Again I thank you.
Brian
[ September 24, 2003, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: BFetherolf ]

MAXIMUS
09-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Brian is a good friend of mine & does 1st class work! Builds solid motors & does really good fabricating, & boat rigging! Watch what you say about Nicole... devil I am a little protective! wink

Liquid Courage
09-22-2003, 03:54 PM
I was refered to Brian by a friend of mine who had twin EFI500's installed in his Cafe Racer. B&D has done extensive work to the Cig and theres never been a major problem. I had brian take a very poor conditioned 525SC and go completely through it, basically building a new motor. I've put 60 hours on the boat with out a hic-up. Thing runs solid. Brian does not misrepresent facts and will tell you exactly like it is. His whole staff there are professional and well trained. I drag my boat an hour and a half each way to have him work on it. Theres other mechanics closer than he, but I don't trust anyone else. If he says something is a certain way, that's the way it is! I would and do frequently recomend him to anyone who is seeking motor work. Your boat is in safe hands with them.
Tank

bear down
09-22-2003, 04:09 PM
Liquid Courage:
I was refered to Brian by a friend of mine who had twin EFI500's installed in his Cafe Racer. B&D has done extensive work to the Cig and theres never been a major problem. I had brian take a very poor conditioned 525SC and go completely through it, basically building a new motor. I've put 60 hours on the boat with out a hic-up. Thing runs solid. Brian does not misrepresent facts and will tell you exactly like it is. His whole staff there are professional and well trained. I drag my boat an hour and a half each way to have him work on it. Theres other mechanics closer than he, but I don't trust anyone else. If he says something is a certain way, that's the way it is! I would and do frequently recomend him to anyone who is seeking motor work. Your boat is in safe hands with them.
Tank I shot you a 5'er because your member # 2079 and only have 1 post. How did you do that!

Tom Slick
09-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Hey Maximus,
Who said anything bad about Nicole?

rivercrazy
09-22-2003, 05:07 PM
I'm glad you have a large contingent of satisfied clients and wish you all the best in your business affairs......
[ September 23, 2003, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: rivercrazy ]

Rexone
09-22-2003, 05:25 PM
I've known Brian for about 30 years give or take a couple. He is a good friend and a customer of mine as well. But I would never post on this subject based on that alone. Far more important to the topic of this thread is that I consider him one of the top in his field as far as being highly knowledgeable and dedicated to doing every job right. If you want honesty and integrity B&D is one place you will find it.
I work on alot of my own stuff. Much of what I don't do myself I have relied on Brian for over the years on several boats. I've never had an issue of anything that didn't work or wasn't repaired or built properly be it v-drive work, engine work, or boat repair and maintenience work. Brian worked at Alpha Marine for many years prior to B&D and is a very qualified jet technician as well. I don't normally recommend often on these topics because I get hammered for playing favorites. But I'll make an exception in this case because "I know" this guy puts 100% into doing things right. I know it's one place I can take my stuff and not have to worry about it being done wrong or substandard and if there ever is a problem it won't be a big argument to get it fixed.

MAXIMUS
09-23-2003, 06:12 AM
Tom Slick:
Hey Maximus,
Who said anything bad about Nicole? Thin ice amigo thin ice... :D

MAXIMUS
09-25-2003, 06:35 AM
Hey Brian did you ever finish that 46' skater with the 4 blown 600's??? wink

MAXIMUS
09-28-2003, 08:48 AM
Well did ya??? :confused:

MAXIMUS
10-02-2003, 07:33 AM
Is Franks blown 510 ready to go back in yet or are you still messing with the outdrive dimensions??? Those K planes you installed really stepped up the program! Can't wait to see what the lab finished prop does! Pretty amazing that boat runs as well as it does for what it is... :)

BFetherolf
10-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Everything is ready to go. Just waiting for the boat to come back from the Gel Coater. The boat does run good considering the brother he has to deal with. :D

MAXIMUS
10-02-2003, 12:50 PM
BFetherolf:
Everything is ready to go. Just waiting for the boat to come back from the Gel Coater. The boat does run good considering the brother he has to deal with. :D :rolleyes:

nextasex
10-02-2003, 06:38 PM
Brian, I will be giving you a call soon regarding my 496HO.
Frank