PDA

View Full Version : Brakes 91 Tbird SC

nelsonf
03-27-2003, 11:21 AM
Hey guys i am having a terible time getting the piston back in the Caliper on the Rear brakes ca anyone shed some lite do they screw in or just push in thanks in advance

Blown 472
03-27-2003, 11:34 AM
nelsonf:
Hey guys i am having a terible time getting the piston back in the Caliper on the Rear brakes ca anyone shed some lite do they screw in or just push in thanks in advance They screw in, you can get the tool that goes on the end of a rachet from any parts store, it is a square thing, and dont try to get the little metal things sticking up on the brake pad thru the caliper as they are there to keep the pads from moving around, put the bottom bolt in the caliper and then push it down over the pads and put the top bolt in, DONT USE A C CLAMP ON THE PISTON as you will be replacing the caliper.

AZKC
03-27-2003, 11:44 AM
Exactly :cool: We need some techs B472, want me to fax ya an app :D Nice and warm here...
KC

nelsonf
03-27-2003, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the help.

Sandbar Mike
03-27-2003, 11:49 AM
What I do with my 95 Mustang is take a medium size pair of Channel locks and screw in the caliper, It isnt the fastest but didn't have any luck with the square tool. make sure you turn clockwise to compress.
Good Luck

Blown 472
03-27-2003, 11:55 AM
AZKC:
Exactly :cool: We need some techs B472, want me to fax ya an app :D Nice and warm here...
KC Before I moved back to the midwest I worked heavy line for three ford garages.