PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Boat Stereo Shop

boxscore
04-22-2003, 11:32 AM
Anyone have some input as to who does quality stereo installation for boats in the southern california area? Tons of shops hacking up cars dashboards and with no qualified boat installation experience. Lookin' for those who've had good results from a knowledgable shop. Also, installs quality equipment! Thanks in advance!

al cole'holic
04-22-2003, 11:40 AM
..willing to come to Simi??

boxscore
04-22-2003, 11:43 AM
little far from me.. but anyone who builds quality speaker boxes, glassed, carpeted, etc, and high-end amps and woofers and A+ installation will grab my attn

al cole'holic
04-22-2003, 11:49 AM
Lots of care, super high quality, excellent service on any repairs, just an all around great place. I take the boat in every year before the boating season for a "tune up", and last week he swapped out an amp of mine to a new model for the hell of it...the place is called Audio Concepts, and I deal with Link...

HTM 572
04-22-2003, 11:50 AM
MODERN IMAGE IN MORENO VALLEY..OR WIRED FOR SOUND IN TEMECULA

TOBTEK
04-22-2003, 11:51 AM
two guys that would do FLAWLESS work. First is WES/froggystyle(where has he been BTW) and the second is a very good friend of mine Dave Klimas. They are both in the san diego area, far from you, but worth every mile! I have pic's of installs they have each done for me.

al cole'holic
04-22-2003, 11:52 AM
..if you want to give him a call and at least hear what he has to say for your particular application the number is (805) 526-0309, couldn't hurt...tell him Chris sent you..

Lightning
04-22-2003, 11:57 AM
I recommend talking to Wes or
Martin at Advanced Audio in El Cajon

XFactor
04-22-2003, 12:02 PM
Try Mike at North County Mobile Electronics. He's in Oceanside. Well worth the drive from Indio. They do GREAT work and have nothing but the best equipment.
Mike - (760)967-1100

mbrown2
04-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Audio Concepts in Simi does good work. I had them upgrade the system in the Eliminator and they did quality work, got it done on time, and the cost was fair. If you are in Indio, and want to go to the 909, try Transonic in Upland. They did some vehicles of mine in the past and they have done some trick boats as well. Froggy also does some very trick work as has been witnessed on the board. Had the chance this weekend to listen to RD's install; Wired For Sound did a good job, and it sounded great. In summary, there are a number of good shops. Driving far sucks, so if you could find something respectable close to you, in the 909, or North County that would be more convienent.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Marks Autosound (http://www.marksautosound.com) in San Gabriel.

SCUBA STEVE
04-22-2003, 01:04 PM
I just had my original install re-done over the weekend. Russ at joslin mobile hooked me up. He is doing all the installs for Aftershock & Carrera now, out of Riverside. 909 323 9489.
I was impressed with his work, he took his time and made what I had work. Now I have more room, better sound, and my amps will be running cooler then before.

dimarcobros
04-22-2003, 02:56 PM
I agree with Havasu Dreamin', Marks Auto Sound did our boat nad could not be happier with the results. They do a lot of work for Hallet so they know what they are doing. 626 286-3948

CMABadseed
04-22-2003, 03:09 PM
thunder works does awesome work too. i think the guys name is alan. sound genius. they used to share a building with san diego eliminator, not sure if they are still there. someone around here has contact info for them in sure

ROZ
04-22-2003, 04:29 PM
CMABadseed:
thunder works does awesome work too. i think the guys name is alan. sound genius. they used to share a building with san diego eliminator, not sure if they are still there. someone around here has contact info for them in sure Yup. Last I heard(month ago) Alan was still there.
619 596 1925...He's in Santee.

boxscore
04-22-2003, 04:32 PM
do i dare ask if Havasu has a competent installer?....

ROZ
04-22-2003, 05:23 PM
boxscore:
do i dare ask if Havasu has a competent installer?.... A couple of 12v MFG reps. have told me they like Ruben at SoundBank. I'm sure there are a few others.
We have a Tweeter in Palm desert.....Your more than welcome to talk to the installers over there....
[ April 22, 2003, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

SandbarScot
04-22-2003, 05:36 PM
Audio Evolution in Temecula wink

little rowe boat
04-22-2003, 05:51 PM
The Audio Shoppe in riverside ca. They do great work.

little rowe boat
04-22-2003, 05:54 PM
If you check the advertisement section of Hot Boat Mag. You will find the Audio Shoppe. They do alot of boat installs.

mtndewdrops
04-22-2003, 08:08 PM
XFACTOR knows what's what wink . Mike and Joel at North County Mobile Electronics in Oceanside are the only one's that will touch my vehicles. :D I just put a kickin unit in my car and plan to take my new ESSEX there soon :cool: .
Mike owns a LaveyCraft and will take care with your pride and joy too.

dr. margarita
04-23-2003, 12:21 PM
IF ANYONE NEEDS STEREO HELP WHILE IN LAKE HAVASU CITY, CHECK OUT BRENT AT CAR TOYZ. HE DOES ALOT OF CONQUEST'S, MAGIC'S AND ADVANTAGE'S WORK DIRECTLY AND FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS. HE HAS NOT BUILT A SYSTEM FOR ME BUT JUDGING BY THE QUALITY OF COMPONENTS HE SELLS AND THE FACT HE'S A COOL GUY COULD BE WORTH A LISTEN. I'M GONNA HAVE HIM REPLACE MY SONY SPEAKERS WITH MATS.
LET'S HAVE A MARG!

jenndon
04-28-2003, 01:18 PM
The Audio Shoppe in Riverside. 909-787-0550 ask for Alan. See their ad in the back of Hot Boat.
Be around for 17 years in the same place.
[ April 28, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: jenndon ]

DickDanger
04-28-2003, 01:44 PM
**** the Audio Shoppe. Stay away from them at ALL costs. I had an install done there early last year, and not only did they NOT secure the head unit to the boat (they only mounted it in the waterproof cover, and assumed that it would hold) they also were nice enough to find the spare keys to my boat, and start it in the shop (trust me, I could tell). The first time out, that head unit fell out of the dash, and right on my buddys bare foot, leaving a nice gash in it. When I went back to have it fixed, they STILL didnt secure it properly, and when I asked about them starting my boat, they played stupid and lied to me. **** that place. I ended up fixing their lousy install myself. Make the trip to Wired for Sound. I stongly disagree with the above statements. They DO NOT do great work, and if this is your definition of great work, you have been getting screwed. -DD Out
[ April 28, 2003, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

jenndon
04-28-2003, 08:31 PM
Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I have NEVER EVER had a problem with any of their installs and i've been going there for almost 15 YEARS! And yes, I do know what a good install is.