PDA

View Full Version : Fat Cats Rule

LVjetboy
07-13-2003, 07:46 PM
"Recording industry revenue down 15%"
Your hurt the Fat Cats? They'll grind you into the mud with an army of lawyers, litigation, lobbyists and lawsuits...
RIAA targets us (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0625DownloadingMusic-ON.html)
Current laws don't protect their assets? No problem, that's what the hoard of well-payed lobbyist are for...to bend rules in their pig-trough favor. After all, they do have the power.
You gonna fight? Or bow down like a bunch of obediant glassy-eyed sheep waiting for slaughter?
jer

Froggystyle
07-13-2003, 08:08 PM
I dunno. I just checked, and I am sharing over 11.8 gigs of music on Kazaa right now. That probably puts me at least on their radar, if not in danger of getting prosecuted. I am heavily downloaded from, far in excess of my downloads themselves. That is probably bad too.
I'm thinking about sharing less files. Even though that is exactly what these guys want, I don't have the expendable income right now to fight it in court.
I hate it when turds win.

Jungle Boy
07-14-2003, 02:33 AM
The recording industry is killing its self by promoting so called bands that put out albums (oops CDs) by shitty groups that have one hit on the radio. Nobody wants to spend 20 buck on a CD for one song. Of course they're going to "steal" it if that option is there. If they want people to start buying again, it's time they did their part.

HighRoller
07-14-2003, 03:08 AM
I don't feel bad for the record industry getting screwed.After all,they have been screwing artists for years.Sell a CD for 15-20 bucks a pop and the artist gets like 50 cents per sale.If I were the record fat-cats I'd embrace the online trend and try to take advantage of it.