PDA

View Full Version : Forgot to check blind spot.....

Lightning
03-19-2003, 03:24 PM
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/attachments/idiot.jpg
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/attachments/idiot2.jpg

spectratoad
03-19-2003, 04:15 PM
I hope nobody was in there. I used to go onto the mines here in Nevad and that was always my worst fear. I gave those haul trucks a very wide berth.

DEEZ NUTTS
03-19-2003, 04:26 PM
I run a backhoe every day on residential jobs. Well, every other trade must have a contest on who can park the most in my way per day.
My favorite is when somebody pulls their truck right up to my extra backhoe buckets, then forgets about them at lunch time. The results from running over 300lbs of odd shaped steel with spikey teeth always cool to see. Especialy when they have to back up to get the thing out, ripping and wrecking.

EricU
03-19-2003, 05:02 PM
Man do I know what you mean by people parking near heavy equipment.
I design and build cell sites here in Nor Cal. Just last week we were drilling a five foot diameter and twenty foot deep caisoned pier for a 90' tree pole. We had given the tenants of the building (a Chiropractor) two weeks notice. The day of the drilling, I have the drill rig, a water truck, another truck full of bentenite, a concrete pump, a drill rig and over twenty yards of concrete on the way. As soon as we are done drilling, I see this tenant prick, (who had already tried to cause trouble) park his Mercedes SUV behind the drill rig and scamper inside.
I now have a big hole in the ground that cost me a lot of money that I need to fill with a steel cage and concrete.
So I go over to the building and start throwing open doors and yelling "Whos got a silver Mercedes? You need to move it now!" Then this prick finally comes over and says "I'm not moving my truck, you'll just have to tow it". So I just smiled at him and said "Did you happen to see the crane outside?" He just kinda of looked at me like a deer in headlights.
By the time he had got outside, the crane had swung around to this guy's truck and two of my guys had hooked up a chain to his SUV. The prick hasn't given us any shit since!
Eric.

syke-o
03-19-2003, 05:06 PM
EricU:
I design and build cell sites here in Nor Cal. Just last week we were drilling a five foot diameter and twenty foot deep caisoned pier for a 90' tree pole. We had given the tenants of the building (a Chiropractor) two weeks notice. The day of the drilling, I have the drill rig, a water truck, another truck full of bentenite, a concrete pump, a drill rig and over twenty yards of concrete on the way. As soon as we are done drilling, I see this tenant prick, (who had already tried to cause trouble) park his Mercedes SUV behind the drill rig and scamper inside.
I now have a big hole in the ground that cost me a lot of money that I need to fill with a steel cage and concrete.
So I go over to the building and start throwing open doors and yelling "Whos got a silver Mercedes? You need to move it now!" Then this prick finally comes over and says "I'm not moving my truck, you'll just have to tow it". So I just smiled at him and said "Did you happen to see the crane outside?" He just kinda of looked at me like a deer in headlights.
By the time he had got outside, the crane had swung around to this guy's truck and two of my guys had hooked up a chain to his SUV. The prick hasn't given us any shit since!
Eric. thats some funny chit......

HOSS
03-19-2003, 05:08 PM
Looks like that blow hole ran over a good welding machine.

03-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Not all are without sin...I sometimes deliver pipe and underground materials to residental jobsites, streets are narrow and some of the trade workers park where ever they feel like parking, sometimes in the middle of the street or double park. It wouldn't be so bad if they left the keys in the car or truck but they usually lock it and set the alarm and then leave...I've spent up to 1/2 hour looking for the owner so he can move. Some even get pissed that they have to move so that I can get by, a few told me to go around another way. It wouldn't be too tough if I were driving a pick up but backing up a 45000lb. load of ductile iron pipe on a 40' flatbed a 1/4 mile up the street thats only about 10-12' wide can be a bitch. burningm

Dyce51
03-19-2003, 05:50 PM
hell of a speed bump

Mandelon
03-19-2003, 05:53 PM
When other cars or big trucks park too close to mine or in our way, I just smile and readjust their mirrors for them. devil

Raskal
03-19-2003, 09:50 PM
ahh its only a ford :D :D

Stupid Fast
03-20-2003, 05:14 AM
EricU:
Eric. I did almost the same thing except I had a Mason brick forktruck ready to move a guys SAAB. People don't realize what 10 guys and equiptment standing costs. Plus concrete only stays "wet" for a short amount of time. It is a bitch (and expensive) if it turns hard in the truck eek! .