PDA

View Full Version : THIS WAR.....

nhbuoy
03-20-2003, 09:36 AM
...(NO...not RD's & FROGGY'S little skirmish...)The one in IRAQ,...It almost seems like a sporting event the way the news people are covering it???..."Tune in at 8 o'clock for up-to-the-minute, blow-by-blow coverage of this monumental event!!!"...Pop-corn is now being sold in the concession stands!!!...I saw OLIVER NORTH this am on FOX NEWS & he actually said..."YOU saw it here FIRST on FOX NEWS!!!"...ALSO...It looks like all SADDAM has to do is watch the news & find out what we're going to do next!?!?!?...I could be totally wrong...but I'm a dancin fool...Any comments from the rest of you guys???Feel free to jump right in....

twistedpair
03-20-2003, 09:41 AM
I know, this absolutely blows me away! Iraq doesn't need any intel troops, they've got CNN. Last night they were showing live shots of planes taking off from a carrier, talk about telegraphing your punches.

Rod-64
03-20-2003, 10:11 AM
They're really bombing the $hit out of Baghdad now....

Wet Dream
03-20-2003, 11:10 AM
There sure are a lot of planes taking off right now. I wonder if tonight is the night for the "shock and awe"?

SchellSchock
03-20-2003, 11:20 AM
Gving New Meaning to "Reality TV".....I wonder if FOX is gonna' syndicate??LOL

MJ19
03-20-2003, 11:42 AM
I think the information that is covered is pretty fascinating (the ability to actually watch the war as it happens...play by play) however; I do not think they (the news reporters) are showing anything that isn't 'obvious' to the Iraqi regime. The 'real' moves have been 'surprises' so far...and I imagine the US Troops will continue to have a few tricks up their sleeves. :D
The fact that Saddam will hide in random homes and put civilians in danger for his a*s is sad! (Like the time he surprised a family by arriving at their Basra farmhouse and requested a bed for the night during the Gulf War) frown
[ March 20, 2003, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

bigq
03-20-2003, 01:25 PM
MJ19:
I think the information that is covered is pretty fascinating (the ability to actually watch the war as it happens...play by play) however; I do not think they (the news reporters) are showing anything that isn't 'obvious' to the Iraqi regime. The 'real' moves have been 'surprises' so far...and I imagine the US Troops will continue to have a few tricks up their sleeves. :D
The fact that Saddam will hide in random homes and put civilians in danger for his a*s is sad! (Like the time he surprised a family by arriving at their Basra farmhouse and requested a bed for the night during the Gulf War) :( I think your right MJ19. They don't have the war plans and I also think that the Military is using the news to their advantage, I don't think the Military is that stupid.
I heard they have special forces teams to hunt Saddam inside Bagdad going house to house, but who knows.It's all very interesting to us to watch, how interesting do you think it is to the troops?

ezstriper
03-20-2003, 01:30 PM
you guys are right, how about thr pre-war show that went on for days ! Rob...

Ziggy
03-20-2003, 01:30 PM
Plus, how many of these "look alike" Saddam's are there out there for our special forses to track down....we might think we got the right guy only to find out he's Alibabba's brother and not eek! Hussein.

SCUBA STEVE
03-20-2003, 01:33 PM
nhbuoy:
...(NO...not RD's & FROGGY'S little skirmish...)The one in IRAQ,...It almost seems like a sporting event the way the news people are covering it???..."Tune in at 8 o'clock for up-to-the-minute, blow-by-blow coverage of this monumental event!!!"...Pop-corn is now being sold in the concession stands!!!...I saw OLIVER NORTH this am on FOX NEWS & he actually said..."YOU saw it here FIRST on FOX NEWS!!!"...ALSO...It looks like all SADDAM has to do is watch the news & find out what we're going to do next!?!?!?...I
could be totally wrong...but I'm a dancin fool...Any comments from the rest of you guys???Feel free to jump right in.... I saw some guy last night with a telestrater, like he was John Madden on Monday night football. Its not only a battle in Iraq, its a battle between the news stations on who has the best coverage.

Seadog
03-20-2003, 01:41 PM
I think the plan is to put as much of the action on the air to scare the beejeebers out of the Iraqi who can watch it. They hijacked the Iraqi radio last night, They may hijack the tv and show their troops being slaughtered and surrendering by the hundreds. This would do more to kill their morale than anything else.

MJ19
03-20-2003, 01:48 PM
Seadog:
I think the plan is to put as much of the action on the air to scare the beejeebers out of the Iraqi who can watch it. They hijacked the Iraqi radio last night, They may hijack the tv and show their troops being slaughtered and surrendering by the hundreds. This would do more to kill their morale than anything else. Curious? Where are you getting your information? :)

Screaming Pete
03-20-2003, 01:50 PM
While thier watching us on TV we'll be sneaking in the backdoor :D

Bow Tie Omega
03-20-2003, 01:51 PM
Bieng recent former Military, the Media is used as a tool. A tool used for psychological operations (PSYCH OPS as CNN puts it). What I get a kick out of is all of these retired Generals bieng used as Military Analysts. These guys think that they still have it, so far IMO they have looked clueless. I think that their egos would be hurt a little if they actually admitted that the Pentagon was using them also. Why isn't Schwartzkoff around for all of this........My point exactly. One thing is for sure though, Our boys and girls are ready and we will yet again free another opressed nation, remember what that feels like France? ANd why are they using all Army and Airforce guys for the coverage, what about the Marines and Navy, after all they are the ones who do all of the work these days(yes I am partial) :D
[ March 20, 2003, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Bow Tie Omega ]

bigq
03-20-2003, 02:20 PM
MJ19:
Seadog:
I think the plan is to put as much of the action on the air to scare the beejeebers out of the Iraqi who can watch it. They hijacked the Iraqi radio last night, They may hijack the tv and show their troops being slaughtered and surrendering by the hundreds. This would do more to kill their morale than anything else. Curious? Where are you getting your information? :) It was on the news. They tap the feed of the news and radio and broadcast.

hot_diggity_dog
03-20-2003, 02:24 PM
I support the USA and the three blonde's wrapped in the Red, White, & Blue
HDD :cool:

MJ19
03-20-2003, 02:25 PM
bigq:
It was on the news. They tap the feed of the news and radio and broadcast. Boo Hoo cry ...I must of missed it when I was not able to watch the news...and I can't find anything about it online yet :( ...I hate not being able to stay glued to the news :( But I have to get a few things done around here. :D
Too bad they don't run commercials...I'm sure they would top the Super Bowl's commercials :D

Seadog
03-20-2003, 02:35 PM
Besides the bit on the news, If you noticed in the infamous thread, I have military experience and study WWII history. These tricks are not new, but Tom Clancy had an outstandiing scenario (The Bear and the Dragon) where they used predators to relay pictures of chinese tanks and troops being destroyed on to the internet, starting a civil revolt. Most good fiction has roots in reality.