PDA

View Full Version : Funny Dion Sanders story...lol

hd&boatrider
07-14-2003, 12:25 PM
This is pretty funny except for the guy wanting to be paid for services rendered....
Associated Press
Jul. 14, 2003 11:11 a.m.
DALLAS (AP)— Former Dallas Cowboys cornerback Deion Sanders is battling an automotive shop over what he says Jesus told him to pay for a repair bill.
The owner of the repair shop says Sanders wanted to pay only $1,500 of the $4,265.57 bill, saying that Jesus had informed him that was all he needed to pay.
"It's the 'Praise Jesus' discount," attorney Ed Edson told The Dallas Morning News in Monday's editions.
Edson said he has been trying to collect the bill from Sanders since 2001 on behalf of Phil Compton, the owner of the car repair business.
Through court filings, the player says the accusations are untrue. Sanders' attorney, Edmund Gomez, did not return a telephone call early Monday from The Associated Press.
The lawsuit was scheduled to go to trial later Monday before state District Judge Joe Cox in Dallas County civil court.
Anthony Montoya, a representative for Sanders, had contacted Compton and told him a 1961 Lincoln Continental convertible needed to be towed to his shop for repairs. The car had been repaired before by Compton.
Papers filed in his lawsuit stated that he and his mechanics installed a new radiator and thermostat, flushed the engine, repaired the car's electrical system and gauges, replaced the starter motor, removed contaminated fuel and rebuilt the carburetor. Mechanics for Magrathea Inc., Compton's company, had replaced gaskets and hoses.
Sanders had approved and Montoya had approved all the repairs, according to the lawsuit. But when the car was returned to the CBS sportscaster's home in Plano on Nov. 5, 2001, Compton said Pilar Sanders, the former Cowboy's wife, "answered the door, took the keys and invoices, started the car to make sure it was working and went back into the locked house, refusing to return the keys or invoices."
Sanders' bodyguards and housekeepers then moved their cars in front of and behind the Lincoln so that it couldn't be towed back to the garage, the lawsuit stated.
When Sanders drove up, he refused to pay the invoice amount, handing Compton a $1,500 check and saying, "Praise Jesus ... I follow what in my heart I'm told to pay."
[ July 14, 2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

NastyOne
07-14-2003, 12:28 PM
If I could pull some shit like that, I would be down at DCB today. :D

78Eliminator
07-14-2003, 12:29 PM
Why am I not surprised? "Neon Deion" strikes again. Never underestimate the stupidity of a professional athlete.
[ July 14, 2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

hd&boatrider
07-14-2003, 12:30 PM
NastyOne:
If I could pull some shit like that, I would be down at DCB today. :D I would probably go over to Howard or Shiada (sp?) lol
[ July 14, 2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

Blown 472
07-14-2003, 12:30 PM
78Eliminator:
Why am I not surprised? "Neon Deon" strikes again. Never underestimate the stupidity of a professional athlete. Yes, but they keep the masses entertained.

NastyOne
07-14-2003, 12:35 PM
God does work in mysterious ways.
My dad just sold his 740i with all the bells and whistles to guess who...... none other than a servent of God. A preist bought the car, cash . I wonder who paid for that one. It sure as shit wasnt God.

Jungle Boy
07-14-2003, 12:40 PM
Just another story of a over paid asshole athlete. The arrogance never shocks me anymore.

StealBlueZ
07-14-2003, 01:04 PM
Just heard on the radio that the judge ruled the 1500 is all he has to pay. You know that if it were you or me, we'd be ordered to pay the cost, plus fine, plus court costs, probably a penalty and who the fuk knows what else...
The judge must be a pecker smokin nigga luva…..

NastyOne
07-14-2003, 01:06 PM
StealBlueZ:
Just heard on the radio that the judge ruled the 1500 is all he has to pay. You know that if it were you or me, we'd be ordered to pay the cost, plus fine, plus court costs, probably a penalty and who the fuk knows what else...
The judge must be a pecker smokin nigga luva….. Man are you serious!!!!
**** the system....... and Deion!

hd&boatrider
07-14-2003, 01:34 PM
StealBlueZ:
The judge must be a pecker smokin nigga luva….. Damn....isn't that last statement kind of harsh?

StealBlueZ
07-14-2003, 06:07 PM
Damn....isn't that last statement kind of harsh?
nope

boxscore
07-14-2003, 06:26 PM
yep... that statement is harsh ... kinda makes me cringe to hear it.

StealBlueZ
07-14-2003, 06:43 PM
then stop reading it.....

boxscore
07-14-2003, 08:00 PM
StealBlueZ:
then stop reading it..... yeeehaw.... bigotry must be a texas thang. BBQ animal and bigotry.... sounds like a fine Tx party! pass the sauce!

TPI
07-14-2003, 08:12 PM
LMAO, this is a funny thread!

hd&boatrider
07-14-2003, 09:05 PM
Associated Press
Jul. 14, 2003 5:18 p.m.
DALLAS (AP)— A judge ruled Monday in favor of Deion Sanders in a lawsuit over repairs made to his 1961 convertible, saying the former Dallas Cowboy paid the full amount he had authorized for the work.
The owner of the repair shop had sued Sanders, saying the former football player wanted to pay only $1,500 of the $4,265.57 bill. An attorney for business owner Phil Compton said he had been trying to collect from Sanders since 2001.
During the one-day trial, a representative for Sanders testified that he told Compton there was a $1,500 ceiling on the cost of repairs.
"I'm not hurting for money. And let's be honest. A $4,000 bill, I could have written a check a long time ago," Sanders said. "But it's the principle. I'm tired of getting ripped off."