PDA

View Full Version : USC FOOTBALL RULES!!

BUSTI
11-18-2002, 07:43 PM
COME ON ALL YOU F.U.C.L.A. FANS FACE IT YOU ARE SHITTING IN YOUR PANTS. THE TROJANS ARE GOING TO BEAT YOU LIKE THE LITTLE CRY BABY BITHCES YOU ARE NEXT SATURDAY. ALL TEDDY BEAR FANS BE PREPARED TO GET SHUT OUT. YOU ARE SO BAD YOU MIGHT NOT SCORE ANY POINTS. WHAT DO FUCLA GRADUATES CALL TROJAN GRADUATES AFTER GRADUATION? BOSS THATS WHAT! HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU ARE A FOOTBALL PROGRAM WHEN FOR 70 YEARS YOU RENTED OUR HOME FIELD FOR YOUR HOME GAMES...AND YOU STILL DON'T HAVE YOUR OWN STADIUM YET. YOUR COACES ARE STUPID YOUR CHICS ARE UGLY AND ucla REALLY STANDS FOR university of communism los angeles!!! PREPARE DO DIE YOU SISSYS!
:D

JetBoatRich
11-18-2002, 09:26 PM
We will see this Saturday!

Kilrtoy
11-18-2002, 11:57 PM
Those are some big MISSPELLED words coming from the graduate of the University of South Central. What Are Trojans good for? Too CUM in.........

beached1
11-19-2002, 05:25 AM
He types it all in caps but the big slam, university of communism los angeles!!! I'm a USC fan. The hottest women, the best football team, the tailgate parties on campus are the bomb, and it's the best University on the west coast. Unless, you are a liberal homo, pony tail and sandal wearing film student. Then UCLA is your school.
:D :D :D

twistedpair
11-19-2002, 04:53 PM
Not in the PAC-10 they don't. Wazzu #3 in the nation....GO COOUUGGGGSSSSSS!!!!!!

TrojanDan
11-19-2002, 06:48 PM
twistedpair:
Not in the PAC-10 they don't. Wazzu #3 in the nation....GO COOUUGGGGSSSSSS!!!!!!Only because our kicker sucked back then! :mad:

beached1
11-19-2002, 08:44 PM
twistedpair:
Not in the PAC-10 they don't. Wazzu #3 in the nation....GO COOUUGGGGSSSSSS!!!!!!Sorry, I can't root for a school in a state that believes Grunge is gonna make a comeback. Anyone who's been to Seattle recently can back me up on this one. Kurt is dead Spoon Man.
In Socal, we have a small social sect that wears the same shit day in and day out. We call em Vatos.
:D :D

BUSTI
11-20-2002, 06:39 PM
Cougar fan, your right i will agree your team earned their ranking! I'm proud to be in the same conference as you. Good Luck on New Years Day no matter where you play!!! As For fucla you guys play football like girls!!! But I caution all Trojan fans beware ...look what happened to the Irish we can't look past the pukes from Westwood or we could blow it. Even the PAC 10's worst team like fucla could beat us if we are not careful....not likely but shit happens?!
Personnaly I think the Cougars and the TROJANS are playing as good as any team in the country. and I hope Carson wins the Heisman.
My heart goes out to all our boys overseas!!!

Kilrtoy
11-20-2002, 11:27 PM
Amazing, once again the children from the ghetto still can't spell..... You probably can't read this, so I will help you.........................
On saterday u r goingg two get alll whoopedd upp onn cuz....geet youre natinnall title shoot blownn awayy, by da boyz in blue, cuz............
Now that I spelt it out for you in south central language (better known as e-bon-ics) I'm sure you will be able to comprehend or at least read it :cool: .

beached1
11-20-2002, 11:51 PM
Hey Kilrtoy, I thought all you UCwestLA freaks were hugging that Oak Tree in Stevenson Ranch.
UCLA:
The feeder fish of America

Kilrtoy
11-21-2002, 12:33 AM
Allright beached1,I'll give you that one

2fast4u
11-21-2002, 09:49 AM
We will see if USC can do a back to back.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-21-2002, 09:55 AM
Last time I checked u$c did not own it's own stadium.

BUSTI
11-21-2002, 03:47 PM
Ok make fun of my typing skills. Typical fucla tactics attack me not the truth as I say it and or the truth as you know it ....your team is lousy! If I'm so wrong why is USC rated and fucla is not? Have the honesty to repeat the truth, we are better than you and this year you fear that we'll stomp your team up and down the Rose Bowl. Listen all those years we suffered with Hacket you girls at fucla kicked our butts and I concede you played better football then than we did. Why won't you have the honesty to say your team is not favored to win?
I'll tell you why liberal sissy pukes like fucla fans hate the truth. Dream on you know it and everybody else knows it your program is in shambles. Just like you were happy when we stuck with Hacket we are jumpimg for joy that you losers love Toledo. Even though the Hacket years were tough on us USC still has more Trojans playing in the NFL than any other university in the PAC-10. Good Luck on Saturday you'll need it!

twistedpair
11-21-2002, 04:51 PM
[/qb][/QUOTE]Sorry, I can't root for a school in a state that believes Grunge is gonna make a comeback. Anyone who's been to Seattle recently can back me up on this one. Kurt is dead Spoon Man.
In Socal, we have a small social sect that wears the same shit day in and day out. We call em Vatos.
:D :D [/QB][/QUOTE]
Thats Ok, we hate 'em too, But we call them Husky Fans!!!

mbrown2
11-21-2002, 05:05 PM
beached1:
Hey Kilrtoy, I thought all you UCwestLA freaks were hugging that Oak Tree in Stevenson Ranch.
UCLA:
The feeder fish of America
:D I like both schools, but that WestLA Stevenson ranch shit was funny...ROTFLMAO

Havasu_Dreamin
11-21-2002, 05:19 PM
BUSTI
[QB]Ok make fun of my typing skills. Typical fucla tactics attack me not the truth as I say it and or the truth as you know it ....your team is lousy! If I'm so wrong why is USC rated and fucla is not? Have the honesty to repeat the truth, we are better than you and this year you fear that we'll stomp your team up and down the Rose Bowl. QB]Follow your own advice and use the truth to help you! UCLA is ranked #24 in the ESPN/USA Today (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankings) poll and 25th in the AP (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankings?poll=1) poll.
[ November 21, 2002, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Havasu_Dreamin ]

beached1
11-21-2002, 08:19 PM
twistedpair:
[/qb]Thats Ok, we hate 'em too, But we call them Husky Fans!!![/b][/QUOTE]
LOL!
Thanks for the clarification.
I am/was way too stupid and poor to be a USC alum. Just a state college boy who loves Trojan football and has a bunch of friends who are Associates and Alums and shoot me free tix to any game I want to see.

USCLB41
11-21-2002, 08:40 PM
Fight on, Baby.

sandblasted
11-21-2002, 09:53 PM
The great thing about a college football rivalry is that emotion can sometimes carry a team thru to a win. There have been plenty of meetings between UCLA-USC where the higher ranking team lost. That being said, let me add this.
You can't spell "SUCKS" without the USC...
Go Bruins!!

LOWRIVER2
11-21-2002, 10:16 PM
Go figure, Sandblasted roots for the school of punk ass college pussies who threw bottles at us and burned couches during their ritual "midnight yell" in 99'. Was fun putting my size 12 boot up their asses as I snatched them from their frat houses on Landfair. God damn pukes with their attorney daddy's. We put them in check that Oct. night.
SC's got too many "daddy rich boys" too, at least they know how to contain themselves.

sandblasted
11-22-2002, 06:14 AM
Oh yeah, Those USC alums are saints aren't they?
Remember OJ? A fine example of a Trojan alum, I'm sure the University is very proud of him..

beached1
11-22-2002, 06:36 AM
sandblasted:
Oh yeah, Those USC alums are saints aren't they?
John Wayne was a USC alum, so sit yo ass down.

JetBoatRich
11-22-2002, 06:52 AM
Champs of the City decided tomorrow! :D
:p Another year of bragging to the winners.

sandblasted
11-22-2002, 05:02 PM
beached1
[/qb]John Wayne was a USC alum, so sit yo ass down.[/QB][/QUOTE]
Figures, someone had to find one good thing about USC..I like John Wayne movies too much to take a dig at him...
still hate USC football though..
GO Bruins!

LOWRIVER2
11-22-2002, 05:49 PM
I don't really care who wins:
Hey Sandblasted,
Why don't you get drunk now and say something to me stupid like the last time I was posted on this board.
Whoever you support, I hope they lose since you have an issue against my profession, you lame m-f'er. You think I forgot who the a'holes are around here? Not!

Jrocket
11-22-2002, 06:11 PM
Lowriver did you go alittle overboard on your last two post's maybe?
[ November 22, 2002, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Jrocket ]

LOWRIVER2
11-22-2002, 06:16 PM
Nope,
this is past crap he's thrown at me, I've been gone and I come back to see him acting like all's well and he can just throw smack without anyone's response. I just walked in to not let him forget he was an a'hole and never apologized for his actions.
Just putting it all in check

Jrocket
11-22-2002, 06:19 PM
LOWRIVER2:
Nope,
this is past crap he's thrown at me, I've been gone and I come back to see him acting like all's well and he can just throw smack without anyone's response. I just walked in to not let him forget he was an a'hole and never apologized for his actions.
Just putting it all in checkAhhh nevermind!

beached1
11-22-2002, 06:39 PM
sandblasted:
Figures, someone had to find one good thing about USC..I like John Wayne movies too much to take a dig at him...
General Norman Shwortskoff...
I'm sure I spelled his name wrong.

syke-o
11-22-2002, 10:47 PM
its gettin pretty intense in here....i l :) ove it!!!!!

JetBoatRich
11-22-2002, 10:55 PM
sandblasted:
beached1
John Wayne was a USC alum, so sit yo ass down.[/QB]Figures, someone had to find one good thing about USC..I like John Wayne movies too much to take a dig at him...
still hate USC football though..
GO Bruins![/QB][/QUOTE]
Greg you are going back.
Looks like your having fun! :D

sandblasted
11-23-2002, 08:11 AM
LOWRIVER2:
Nope,
Just putting it all in checkNever apologized?..Actually I apologized twice, once on the original post and once as a whole new topic. What I posted to you back 6 months ago was stupid and immature and had no place on ***boat. I'm not going to apologize for it again because it's obvious you'll never accept it.
As to being an a-hole because I support UCLA, oh well...Throwing smack around regarding the UCLA-USC football game is a tradition, it has nothing to do with a bunch of idiots throwing bottles at you. If they did then arrest them and throw their butt in jail.

LOWRIVER2
11-23-2002, 08:40 AM
Never saw the apology, but since you seem "sober" this time, then it's a done deal.
I don't care who wins and really, don't blame the athletes for the incident I was in.
Note: In ten years on the job of "hard knocks" I've learned most people who are intoxicated say things they really mean that they don't have the intestinal fortitude to say while sober. So, I know where you "really stand" as that was your excuse last time sandblasted.
I'm done and as for you sandblasted,still, "NOT IMPRESSED"
Now, Where's GM Killer? did'nt see him at the LOWRIVER this summer/wonder why? LOL

Nujetter
11-23-2002, 02:31 PM
I will not be as harsh as everyone else seems to be.... I will simply state a FACT!!!!! I expect to hear some crying next week when you meet up with the Irish.... We are 10-1(read it and weap) next week we will be 11-1 :p

sandblasted
11-23-2002, 04:14 PM
UHHHH.....what a blowout! I wasn't sure UCLA could win this game since Carson Palmer is an excellent QB on a very good team...sometimes emotion can propell a team to win over a better team...Looked to me like UCLA played with no emotion again, 2 years in a row now..all the turnovers didn't help either.
Time to become a Notre Dame fan for a week..
Go Irish!

JetBoatRich
11-23-2002, 04:47 PM
Come on Greg, did UCLA show up at their home game?
There is always next year :D

twistedpair
11-23-2002, 05:27 PM
My favorite team on any given week.... Whoever is Kicking Notre Dames Ass!!! Go Trojans!!! (But First, Go Couuuuggggggssss!!!)
[ November 23, 2002, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: twistedpair ]

Kilrtoy
11-23-2002, 05:39 PM
Ok I need to fill out a police report. Someone stole the bruins and replaced them with the song leaders................... Even though I dislike SC, I have to give it to them....Great game for Troy.....

Nujetter
11-23-2002, 10:42 PM
My favorite team on any given week.... Whoever is Kicking Notre Dames Ass!!! Well I guess someone didnt have but one favorite team this year buahahahaha :D

twistedpair
11-24-2002, 10:07 AM
Yeah, laugh it up. You'll be praying to your touchdown Jesus after SC hands you your ass next week!! At least their losses were against ranked opponents.
But what happened to my Cougs!?!
Triple-friggin-overtime!?! You gotta be kiddin' me!
Huck the Fuskies!!!

lambertjr
11-24-2002, 12:33 PM
That was an impressive showing yesterday by USC. Congrats and I hope they can duplicate it next week.

playdeep
11-24-2002, 12:44 PM
Notre Dame beats Maryland,Florida State,Pitt,Michigan,all of whom just happen to be ranked...
The ND vs.USC game should be a classic.

Nujetter
11-24-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Twistedpair Yeah, laugh it up. You'll be praying to your touchdown Jesus after SC hands you your ass next week!! I love it making fun of Touchdown Jesus, well at least our mascot isnt named after a Condom :p :D :D

twistedpair
11-24-2002, 03:22 PM
Awesome avatar Nujet!! LMAO!

Nujetter
11-24-2002, 05:16 PM
Thanks twisted I saw it on my wifes mes. board from an online game she plays. I thought it was pretty funny :D . I just wish it could be a little clearer.

BUSTI
11-25-2002, 12:06 PM
Well when your hot your hot! Now that we creamed UCLA its time for us to stomp some Irish ass. Ask any top ten coach in the country including Willingham and they would bet on USC to win! Tough luck for the Cougars. Remember when every year the road to the ROSE BOWL was through LA. It is again can you believe it I'm actually going to be a UCLA fan for a day!
Now for the Irish you will need luck so bring all the luck you can find with out it you have no chance. Your team is slow your offense has no imagination and Carson Palmer is going to riddle your punk ass defense to death. As I told those girls from UCLA last week you are afraid you might not even score! Prepare to be bitch slapped on national TV!!!!

SS Havabrew
11-25-2002, 12:57 PM
BUSTI:
COME ON ALL YOU F.U.C.L.A. FANS FACE IT YOU ARE SHITTING IN YOUR PANTS. THE TROJANS ARE GOING TO BEAT YOU LIKE THE LITTLE CRY BABY BITHCES YOU ARE NEXT SATURDAY. ALL TEDDY BEAR FANS BE PREPARED TO GET SHUT OUT. YOU ARE SO BAD YOU MIGHT NOT SCORE ANY POINTS. WHAT DO FUCLA GRADUATES CALL TROJAN GRADUATES AFTER GRADUATION? BOSS THATS WHAT! HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU ARE A FOOTBALL PROGRAM WHEN FOR 70 YEARS YOU RENTED OUR HOME FIELD FOR YOUR HOME GAMES...AND YOU STILL DON'T HAVE YOUR OWN STADIUM YET. YOUR COACES ARE STUPID YOUR CHICS ARE UGLY AND ucla REALLY STANDS FOR university of communism los angeles!!! PREPARE DO DIE YOU SISSYS!
:D Boy Busti, I guess you really told us. I feel so bad that UCLA lost. I don't know how I will ever show my face again. Your right I am a sissy. I am so glad you pointed that out to me. And those California beach girls are sooo ugly, what was I thinking all these years. You are so smart you must be a USC grad. You represent your school VERY well I must say. :D

BUSTI
11-26-2002, 02:00 PM
SS HAVABREW,
It is so much fun to gloat! Although unbecoming gloating over this win is sweet given all the crap we have had to put up with from FUCLA fans over the years. When you fire your coach and stop recruiting girls to play on your football team you might when some meaningful games and I am sure you guys will gloat as well. For the record are you aware that last weekend that enroute to that crushing defeat FUCLA suffered at the mighty hands of the TROJANS four little BRUINS were hospitalized after the game with concussions?
Notre Dame is next!

Kilrtoy
11-26-2002, 10:42 PM
OK, who stole BUSTI. The spelling is better, must have got the whole football team to check it after the game. The punk-u-a-tion(purposely spelled wrong to help you understand) is still lacking. Good luck against Notre Dame.....

Nujetter
11-27-2002, 01:43 PM
Your right gloating is unbecoming :rolleyes: but all I ask is on Saturday after the Irish kick your ass, please make sure you come back here so that I can gloat :p
As far as bowl games go the only way you get into the rose bowl is if washington loses, but this is what is being said about ND and the bowl games. "Even if the Irish (10-1) lose, they could receive a FedEx Orange Bowl berth because they have a bigger national following than USC."
[ November 27, 2002, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Nujetter ]

beached1
11-27-2002, 07:54 PM
Kilrtoy:
The punk-u-a-tion(purposely spelled wrong to help you understand) is still lacking. Good luck against Notre Dame.....LOL!

Nujetter
11-30-2002, 10:36 PM
OK so we lost :( Like all ND fans I am very classy and will post my congrats to all you USC fans. You played well. ND on the other hand did not, you deserve the win. I am a true ND fan to the core. I still love them and always will.

beached1
12-01-2002, 06:51 AM
Right on NJ. That is very classy of you to talk smack but then a congrats to USC for the win. Shot ya 5 for that.
Go Trojans!

twistedpair
12-01-2002, 07:21 AM
Welcome to a Pac-10 610 yard Ass-kicking! wink .
Oh, and don't think that all ND fans are going to exhibit the same class as you do, cuz they won't.
Now I just need my Cougs to win and clinch the Rose Bowl. Should be some interesting developments in the "BCS". I'm sure ND will get a better bowl bid than USC, Which will expose the BCS for what it really is, a Cash Cow, period.

BUSTI
12-01-2002, 04:21 PM
Well well well what can I say to all you Domers? As I predicted.... your offense wouldn't score a touchdown. The Irish are lucky USC did not score 60 some points. Like I said they were slow and out gunned from the start. USC had 610 yards and shoved the ball so far down the Domer's throat that it was the most yards gained on them in their school's history. If they played in the PAC-10 this year they maybe would have won 2 games all yearlong. What does this crushing USC victory say about Nortre Dame's wins over weak teams like the BIG-10 schools? THE PAC-10 RULES...that's what it says to me. :D :D :p :p

Nujetter
12-01-2002, 09:37 PM
Hey Bust its spelled NOTRE DAME :rolleyes: next time you try and insult someone, get a proof reader :p

Scar
12-01-2002, 09:50 PM
After reading this thread I have 1 question and a observation..... Question is Busti do you attend USC or are you even a graduate from there? If so get your money back,your spelling is horrible.
Notre Dame is a top rated school for education and maybe thats why you hate them so much because you couldnt get in. I think its pretty funny how Nujetter a Notre Dame fan was very cool and never said anything negative and all you do is trash talk.........really makes USC look good :rolleyes:

River Ric
12-01-2002, 10:05 PM
It's ok to glout guys! My Buckeye's went 13-0 this year. I think we have a great chance at dethoroning Miami too. My son and I were on the field at the Michigan game last week. What a feeling. Haven't had this much fun since my Rose Bowl days in the 70's. Anyway, as much as I am NOT a USC fan, I have to say these guys have played well this year. Hope to be at the Fieata Bowl cheer for my Almamater. If not, :p I will settle to see Iowa pound USC at the Rose Bowl game. Go BUC'S.

Kilrtoy
12-01-2002, 10:59 PM
Well For once I am going against UCLA......Due to the fact, we don't want the Trojans back at the Rose Bowl......Busti, "Please get some help with the English"...Everyone is ragging on you now.

BUSTI
12-02-2002, 12:09 PM
Ok, ok, ok it looks like I better get a typist to help me eek! :confused: ! Nujetter football is a colision sport and so is rooting for your favorite team! Lest there be no misunderstanding I have not offended you...your team did! That team should be ashamed of their performance and I'm sure they are. However you were classy and now that the game is over I wish you good luck in what ever bowl game you go to. For the record I graduated from California Lutheran College not USC. My younger brother graduated from USC as well as my son. My oldest son left the USC football program after a devastating knee injury...he still has more operations needed. My youngest son graduated and played at U of Az graduated last year and is currently playing in Canada. We love footbal! As for Ohio State ...the Bucs are the real deal! So is Miami we are #3 and if we get to play Iowa we will score 45 points and they will be lucky to score 14 points. We are just to strong for Iowa. Ohio State good luck against the Canes. :D :D :cool:

HavasuDreamin'
12-02-2002, 12:39 PM
River Ric:
If not, :p I will settle to see Iowa pound USC at the Rose Bowl game. Go BUC'S.In your dreams! Iowa would get pounded. Nobody wants to play USC right now including Ohio State and Miami. I am not saying SC would beat OS or Miami, but neither of those teams want to play SC. Oh.........and this is just another fine example of why the BCS is a crock of shit! It is all about politics and money, not about football. If it were about football, the NCAA would institute a playoff system or tournament system!
The one time in my life I am rooting for the Bruins!

mbrown2
12-02-2002, 02:49 PM
The BCS is a big joke....every major college sport and any other sport that is worth its weight has a playoff or tournament....
all the excuses against a tournament are crap as well...school, tests, etc... Its funny how the big schools seem to play additional games in there schedule and have no issues. Add a week to the schedule and play major bowl playoffs all the way to the Championship Bowl...you can even keep the traditional matchup bowls as well and make some money for the schools and towns hosting them(ie:Pac Ten/Big Ten), but they will only be part of the playoff system....The Championship game should rotate between the traditional bowls or major cities and venues.
It is a joke that teams that will be ranked lower than #10 (ie: Florida State) will probably end up with invitation to better bowls then some of those ranked in the top 5 because they have a better TV draw, and the Bowls are not bound to offer the bowls on ranking...only the top 4 BCS teams are guaranteed Bowls.
Institute Playoffs and lets be done with the mathmatician shit deciding champions...

JetBoatRich
12-02-2002, 07:31 PM
Hard to beleive they don't get with it and have playoffs. The dam BCS loves the east teams :o , no wonder it's so tough to get respect out here.

sandblasted
12-02-2002, 09:44 PM
a playoff system would be the only fair solution to this BCS mess...Especially when you have a hot team like USC toward the end of the season(thats hard for a UCLA fan to say)..Unfortunetly, there is too much money tied up in bowl games...I'd love to see playoffs but doubt it will ever happen.

Scar
12-03-2002, 07:25 AM
I agree there should be playoff games to determine which bowl games who play's. All this side talking they do is crap. This is the latest thats being said about the bowl games on espn
Go figure. Just when we think we have this down, Oklahoma and Notre Dame both lose, throwing everything up in the air. The biggest variable is where USC winds up in the BCS Standings on Monday. Should the Trojans crack the top four, they get an automatic at-large bid for a BCS bowl. And, if that happens, that means the other at-large bid will come down to Notre Dame and Iowa.
The simplest way to solve this is for UCLA to knock off Washington State on Saturday. And, with Jason Gesser limping, it could happen. But if the Cougs win and USC finishes in the top four of the BCS standings, here's guessing Iowa is the BCS choice.

mbrown2
12-03-2002, 08:46 AM
Scar:
I agree there should be playoff games to determine which bowl games who play's. All this side talking they do is crap. This is the latest thats being said about the bowl games on espn
Go figure. Just when we think we have this down, Oklahoma and Notre Dame both lose, throwing everything up in the air. The biggest variable is where USC winds up in the BCS Standings on Monday. Should the Trojans crack the top four, they get an automatic at-large bid for a BCS bowl. And, if that happens, that means the other at-large bid will come down to Notre Dame and Iowa.
The simplest way to solve this is for UCLA to knock off Washington State on Saturday. And, with Jason Gesser limping, it could happen. But if the Cougs win and USC finishes in the top four of the BCS standings, here's guessing Iowa is the BCS choice.
Those exact quotes are the ones that kill me...how and the hell can Notre Dame be ranked 10 and be in the running with a BCS Bowl Game against number 5 Iowa; and what happen to the 6-9 teams....Why, is because Notre Dame can bring fans...which might be the money way, but is absolutely not the fair way to pick bowl contenders...don't get me wrong...I like ND, but I like SC better, but they are being considered purely off of TV draw...I would rather have them redeem themselves in the playoffs (if they had an off week against SC)
Institute Playoffs and lets be done with it....March Madness with the sweet 16, elite 8 and final 4 draws huge tv ratings...only a couple of the bowl games get big ratings...24-25 Teams, five weeks of Playoffs, starting Dec 1st,leading to a National Championship Jan 1st or the 3rd..
[ December 03, 2002, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

HavasuDreamin'
12-03-2002, 09:01 AM
It all comes down to ratings and money........not football.......and that just sucks! Although it won't happen, a playoff system would bring the focus back to football. It would give teams that drop a game late in the year like Oklahoma a chance. It would also give teams like Notre Dame a chance. And if the distribution of money is the only thing holding them (the NCAA) back why not pool all the funds together and distribute it amongst the conferences or schools, etc. A playoff system would generate enough money for everyone. There is not one good reason not to go to a playoff system.

Scar
12-03-2002, 09:39 AM
I know it sucks, but we all know that everything in life seems to be about money money money, sad but true. I personally think its like that in every sport including pro, if ya think about it the teams that do well are the teams that are willing to spend the money on the major players, the owners that don't want to part with the precious dollar never do anything. Look at the Bears. They dont want to spend the money to sign the players that may take them somewhere, and they havent had a good team since what the 80's when we won the super bowl. Same thing with the Blackhawks, they will never see a Stanley Cup because Wortz wont pay the players what other teams will so contract comes up and the good players go to other teams. Bottom line its all about money frown

mbrown2
12-03-2002, 09:55 AM
I agree that everything revolves around money...its like that in College with the schools that have the money always finish in the top 25....However, I just want them to play a playoff to see who is the best of the best...the polls should only help determine the top 25 for the playoffs. I agree with Havasudreaming in that Traditional Bowls as playoff venues can still make money and if more of the money is pooled for the top 25, it would still reward those top teams and venues.

Scar
12-03-2002, 12:11 PM
no argument from me there :D :D :D

BUSTI
12-03-2002, 12:22 PM
The NCAA should provide for a play off system. Why couldn't the same scoring criteria in the BCS selection model be used to determine the best 8 teams? Then at seasons end there could be a play off system with those eight teams to eventually arrive at a NEW YEARS DAY NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

BUSTI
12-03-2002, 12:31 PM
Sorry I had to get to the phone. But to continue...with an 8 team playoff system in place the 4 BIG BOWLS (Rose,Sugar,Fiesta and the Orange Bowls) would rotate hosting the NATIONAL CHAMP GAME. It would require all the teams to keep their regular season schedules to 10 games...but whats wrong with that? There is March madness for basketball and the College World Series for baseball why not a real play off system for football? :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

River Ric
12-03-2002, 07:00 PM
Hey Guys, you're all missing one thing. Yes it is about the money. Isn't everything?? Those four Bowl Games used to represent division playoffs. The Grand-daddy, the Rose Bowl was the playoff between the Big 10 and the Pac 10. When this game started,1910 I believe,there where far less teams as well as interest in College Football. The Horseshow in Columbus was the first major size stadium to be built. It could seat 85,000 people. It not accommidates 105,000. I don't mean to make this a hostory lesson, but to fans back east, college football is Religion, not just a game.I had a couple friend play at USC and UCLA. Neither one can remember a season that their was not some bit of minor interest, either due to how well they were playing or who?? In the four years that I played at Ohio State, I can't remember a game that was not a sell-out. It didn't matter who we played. This game has exploded with interest over the last 20 years. Expecially since TV has played such a big financial role to the schools who can produce top competitors. I have coached pop-warner the last couple of years and the amount of attendence is growing. This is great for the sport. I must agree that there probably is a better way to produce a # 1 Team. But right now this is the system we have. College is still the true game, because we played for the love of the game. Woody Hayes once said," Football is Life, the rest is just details." I saw a kid with that on a shirt the other day. It reminded me of what a privilage it was to be a College Athlete. More people need to remember this. :)

Scar
12-03-2002, 07:59 PM
that in itself is why I am a college football fan and have been since I was a child. I am female so I never got to play college football, but I always watched and went to games. I love it because these guys are out there week after week playing their hearts out, even harder than some pro's IMO.

River Ric
12-03-2002, 09:30 PM
Hey Scar,
You said it in a nut shell. My grandma never played either, but was the most knowledgeable college football fan I knew. She never missed a Sat. game, no matter if we were at home or away. She was the biggest fan my brothers and I had.When I finally started my Junior year, she said she had never been more proud to see me in Scarlet & Gray. We played USC in the Rose Bowl that year. We won 37 to 17. I caught an interception and ran it in for the final touchdown. I had all my teammates sign the ball that I had carried in and gave it to my grandma. After she passed away in 92, my mother said that it was her favorite sports trophy. My son and I gave it back to the Athletic Dept. last year because he said that where it belongs. It sits right next to the Rose Bowl Trophy in the Main Hall of the Dept. These are the things people need to remember, not worry about who plays who or where. Believe me, the players don't care. They just want to play. Thanks for fans like you and my grandma. You are who we played for.
:) "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing"

Scar
12-04-2002, 12:03 PM
That is so sweet. I hope one day my son will grow up and get to experience the joy of playing, He is 11 right now and to watch him and his friends out in the field playing football, because they love to, makes me remember when I did the same with my brothers. I hope that if he ever plays college ball he will have the same attitude as you do. 5 to you my friend...I love a man who loves his grandma wink

Kilrtoy
12-05-2002, 08:17 AM
ttt

Kilrtoy
12-05-2002, 08:27 AM
test

Kilrtoy
09-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Those are some big MISSPELLED words coming from the graduate of the University of South Central. What Are Trojans good for? Too CUM in.........
Who is this guy, damn that was 5 years ago...