PDA

View Full Version : 5 Stars...

MJ19
03-18-2003, 12:41 PM
What type of post content would possess you to give anything other then a 5 star rating?

MJ19
03-18-2003, 12:59 PM
If you give less then 5 what do you typically give?

Lakemead1
03-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Those are the negatives - what about positive ratings?

JetBoatRich
03-18-2003, 01:04 PM
Usually just a 5, if you score them before they post to much and open the keyboard to things you don't like it is to late. wink
Is it really important?

Froggystyle
03-18-2003, 01:05 PM
MJ19:
If you give less then 5 what do you typically give? 1
I don't rate anymore that I did away with my stars. I don't think you should be able to rate someone and hide your stars.
I find myself polarized between the 5s and the 1s. I would either drop the bomb for treatment of others, or because I was making a statement that I hope people didn't take their stuff too seriously.

MJ19
03-18-2003, 01:13 PM
Lakemead1:
Those are the negatives - what about positive ratings? Yeah, but the positive is giving a 5 :D

Lakemead1
03-18-2003, 01:15 PM
Ok, I gave you a positive rating :D

MJ19
03-18-2003, 01:17 PM
JetBoatRich:
Is it really important? Not really, I was just curious because one day I was doing the math on my personal rating and discovered that I had to of recieved some 3s and 4s. I typically give 5s or nothing...so I thought that was odd. :)

MJ19
03-18-2003, 01:20 PM
Lakemead1:
Ok, I gave you a positive rating :D Back at'cha...I actually thought I gave you a fiver a LONG time ago...but I found out just now I was wrong. :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
03-18-2003, 01:35 PM
MJ19:
Lakemead1:
Ok, I gave you a positive rating :D Back at'cha...I actually thought I gave you a fiver a LONG time ago...but I found out just now I was wrong. :rolleyes: Don't you hate when you are wrong!
:D :D wink :D :D

beyondhelpin
03-18-2003, 06:19 PM
MJ19:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JetBoatRich:
Is it really important? Not really, I was just curious because one day I was doing the math on my personal rating and discovered that I had to of recieved some 3s and 4s. I typically give 5s or nothing...so I thought that was odd. :) [/QUOTE
Now how do you know it wasnt 3.5. Same here on the 5 or nothing. If I dont like you its not worth my effort. BTW I just looked and mine is a weighted score of 4.52. smile_sp

HOSS
03-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Yeah, either a 5 or 1. Froggy is right so why have them?
I voted for is someone is a jackass. That pretty much covers everyone here but me. :p :p

Tom Brown
03-18-2003, 06:34 PM
MJ19:
... one day I was doing the math on my personal rating ... Who cares what people think of you as long as you conduct yourself in a way that you feel good about? I think you're a good person and don't need the stars for approval, although I gave you a 5 long ago.
-- Tom

HOSS
03-18-2003, 06:53 PM
Tom I gotta tell ya about your avatar,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ah whats the use. eek!

Tom Brown
03-18-2003, 08:02 PM
Is it too big? I'll knock the size down a little. Sorry about that.

Windy
03-18-2003, 08:47 PM
I dont get the stars. I had five pretty starts for the longest time. Then all the girls seemed to get one taken away at the same time. Then there would be days that I didnt even post anything and I would lose a star.
Now I like my four stars...I think it adds character :D

HCS
03-18-2003, 09:08 PM
My stars went from five to four, then down to three, then back up to four, then back down to three, then back to four again for a long time, then back down to three for a long.....time, now there back at four.
When I had a blown motor in my avatar my stars sky rocketed. :rolleyes:
It must be that ski boat, It's a hot boat,It's just not a "HOT BOAT" :cool:

RiverKitty
03-18-2003, 09:15 PM
MissHBjet:
I dont get the stars. I had five pretty starts for the longest time. Then all the girls seemed to get one taken away at the same time. Then there would be days that I didnt even post anything and I would lose a star.
Now I like my four stars...I think it adds character :D Hey Windy.....shot ya a 5'er!
Hope that helps bring your stars up! :D
As for me, I never seen the purpose of the stars in the first place, so I keep mine turned off.
Nothing gained, nothing lost.
It's all good!

sidewound
03-18-2003, 09:17 PM
I don't really understand the rating thing. If someone is cool or helpful I say so in a post. Should I start rating people? I've gotten lot's of help and advice mostly GOOD. Only had one guy ripp me off on a deal over some logs. I didn't even bother rating him. I must be lame. 2** Oh well. Don't care. " I'm tellin my MOM!!" he he
I don't understand this weighted score thing either.
Signed,
Mystified, Peace Man
CESAR

Windy
03-18-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by RiverKitty:
Hey Windy.....shot ya a 5'er!

Hey...thank ya wink

HOSS
03-19-2003, 04:55 AM
No Tom not the size. Although your skinny ass is lets say "packin".
But that`s why we don`t have as many ducks flyin south for the winter anymore. I bet we could trace back when the migratory flight patterns started getting thin about the same time as you hit puberty!

Jungle Boy
03-19-2003, 05:20 AM
sidewound:
I don't really understand the rating thing. If someone is cool or helpful I say so in a post. Should I start rating people? I've gotten lot's of help and advice mostly GOOD. Only had one guy ripp me off on a deal over some logs. I didn't even bother rating him. I must be lame. 2** Oh well. Don't care. " I'm tellin my MOM!!" he he
I don't understand this weighted score thing either.
Signed,
Mystified, Peace Man
CESAR You ain't that lame!! I just gave you a 5'er.

sidewound
03-19-2003, 04:14 PM
Jungle Boy, Thanks for the stars. If I can be of any help email or pm or post. I'm sombody. I'm sombody. I'm sombody. Wheeeee!!!. Ouch! I think I strained somthin there. Gotta go.
Peace Man.
CESAR

sidewound
03-19-2003, 04:18 PM
OOOOOPs. Almost forgot. Right back atya Jungle Boy. 54U. We'll all be stars before long if we keep this up. Peace Man
CESAR

LVjetboy
03-19-2003, 08:18 PM
So maybe it's a female-male thing? Do the more attractive sex place more value in stars than us bottom feeders? Now that would make an interesting pole.
:D

HM
03-19-2003, 08:29 PM
With my old computer, I gave out 1's on accident as I got impatient and hit submit when I was trying to give 5's. I told Craig that I would like to change some, and he said he would change them, but it is really a waste of him time.
I tend to give out 5's to everyone as there are a few star snipers out there.

Rexone
03-19-2003, 08:31 PM
I shot everybody a 5er that I hadn't already. Feelin like the forum needs a little + energy right now. I only do ones and fives. Only ones that ever get ones are real a-holes, not simple disagreements or different views. Genuine jackass = one. everyone else = 5 :D :D Hoss even got 5 awhile back even though he occationally strays into uncharted territory.. :D :D
I just wish I could give all our military 5er's right now. They're the one's really deserving.