PDA

View Full Version : who's ready for some FOOTBALL

Ziggy
07-30-2003, 04:38 PM
All the training camps and rookie signings and who's who is getting me all hyped about the new season. Get our first taste of head knocking, bone crushing next weekend...YEAH!
I know its just an exibition game but its kinda like smelling the wine before gulping the rest :D

ratso
07-30-2003, 04:47 PM
Now that Emmitt is with the Cardinals, I can't wait to see the opener against the Cowboys.

RiverKitty
07-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Everybody....sing along.... Are you ready for some footbaaaallll!!!???
Ummm...yup! That would be, ME!!!! :D

sandblasted
07-30-2003, 04:49 PM
Football!!! Damn, I'm not over how badly my Raiders got whipped in the last super bowl! frown

Ziggy
07-30-2003, 04:54 PM
ratso:
Now that Emmitt is with the Cardinals, I can't wait to see the opener against the Cowboys. It'll be interesting to see many games like that this year. A lot of good players changed uni's this year..its a shame they can't keep the true players on and finish out their careers at home.
Seau is another example. Won't it be weird to see David Boston in Charger Blue?
[ July 30, 2003, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Ziggy ]

Ziggy
07-30-2003, 04:57 PM
RiverKitty:
Ummm...yup! That would be, ME!!!! :D Damn RK, I like you even more. Not only do you resemble my wife a little, you like football!
BTW-drove thru you town a few weeks back....my how its grown.

Boozer
07-30-2003, 04:58 PM
RiverKitty:
Ummm...yup! That would be, ME!!!! :D Arent you a BRONCOS fan??

hot_diggity_dog
07-30-2003, 05:02 PM
It'll be interesting to see many games like that this year. A lot of good players changed uni's this year..its a shame they can't keep the true players on and finish out their careers at home. Ziggy I'm soooooo Pumped. :D
I'm going out on a limb here and say the Charger's are going to be the sleeper's this year.
They should be one game over 500 :rolleyes: 9-7 wink
They have some really fast and big receiver's this year and Boston is bigger than all of the linebackers, freakin STUD. :D :D
Well I'm hopefull! wink
Ziggy do you go to any Charger games? :confused:
HDD :cool:

JetBoatRich
07-30-2003, 05:09 PM
sandblasted:
Football!!! Damn, I'm not over how badly my Raiders got whipped in the last super bowl! :( You converting to a Bronco fan :rolleyes:

Napanutt
07-30-2003, 05:09 PM
sandblasted:
Football!!! Damn, I'm not over how badly my Raiders got whipped in the last super bowl! :( **** the Raiders...I live a mile from their training camp and they're ass holes...15ft. fence around their facility (a local jr. high school that my son went to) with black tarp to hide them from spy's? and bouncers walking the perimeter to make sure nobody tries to peek,what's up with that...only team in the NFL with a closed practice field as far as I know...

Ziggy
07-30-2003, 05:13 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
It'll be interesting to see many games like that this year. A lot of good players changed uni's this year..its a shame they can't keep the true players on and finish out their careers at home. Ziggy I'm soooooo Pumped. :D
I'm going out on a limb here and say the Charger's are going to be the sleeper's this year.
They have some really fast and big receiver's this year and Boston is bigger than all of the linebackers, freakin STUD. :D :D
Well I'm hopefull! wink
HDD :cool: They could do well if they keep everyone healthy and keep those cheatin' Bronco's from cheap shots like last year. It all went downhill last year when they lost key players.
We got a smart QB, 1st rate RB, and a great new reciever in Boston...if the rest falls into place just right it could be a winning season well overdue.
Once in a while I'll make a game. We should plan an outing and do some tailgatin'.

RiverKitty
07-30-2003, 05:17 PM
Ziggy:
Damn RK, I like you even more. Not only do you resemble my wife a little, you like football! BTW-drove thru you town a few weeks back....my how its grown. Dang! Why didn't you stop by and say, "Howdy", eh??? :confused:
Boozer:
Arent you a BRONCOS fan?? Ya BABY!!! :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/414DBlogo.gif
I believe everyone on this board already knows that!
Especially this guy!!! :D wink
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/414beached.jpg

Boozer
07-30-2003, 05:20 PM
Ziggy:
hot_diggity_dog:
Well I'm hopefull! wink
HDD :cool: They could do well if they keep everyone healthy and keep those cheatin' Bronco's from cheap shots like last year. It all went downhill last year when they lost key players.
We got a smart QB, 1st rate RB, and a great new reciever in Boston...if the rest falls into place just right it could be a winning season well overdue.
Once in a while I'll make a game. We should plan an outing and do some tailgatin'. The Bronco's are going to take some players out. That's the best way to do it. Afterall that's what everyone does to us so it's time to return the favor. Cheap shot's don't exist in football only good shots resulting in injuring the opposing players, which in the long run leads to a victorious outcome.
Bring it Charger Boys!!

hot_diggity_dog
07-30-2003, 05:22 PM
yep I go to most of the home games and come on over to see it on the new 50" Plasma :D with all of the S#@$@T, :D 32" Monitor in the Kitchen, :D & 15" flat monitor under the cabinet of the bar. :D
Do you play fantasy football? :confused:
I'm in (2) really good ones if your interested, local North county peeps. wink :D

Ziggy
07-30-2003, 05:35 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
yep I go to most of the home games and come on over to see it on the new 50" Plasma :D with all of the S#@$@T, :D 32" Monitor in the Kitchen, :D & 15" flat monitor under the cabinet of the bar
Do you play fantasy football? :confused:
I'm in (2) really good ones if your interested, local North county peeps. wink :D
HDD :cool: Have to hook up with ya then..quite the set up you got there :D
Got a buddy who does the Fantasy leagues alot but I don't take the time to play it.
Lets keep one another posted on the upcoming season and have a Charger party.

Boozer
07-30-2003, 05:37 PM
So RK you going to be out here this weekend?

hot_diggity_dog
07-30-2003, 05:39 PM
DP
[ July 30, 2003, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: hot_diggity_dog ]

hot_diggity_dog
07-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Have to hook up with ya then..quite the set up you got there
Got a buddy who does the Fantasy leagues alot but I don't take the time to play it.
Ya way cool! :cool:
Doesn't Mtndewdrps and a few other Hot Boaters t live in Temecula? :confused: We could have those guy's to as my pad is central. :D
Hot (ready for some football( Doggity Dog :cool:

Ziggy
07-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Boozer:
The Bronco's are going to take some players out. That's the best way to do it. Afterall that's what everyone does to us so it's time to return the favor. Cheap shot's don't exist in football only good shots resulting in injuring the opposing players, which in the long run leads to a victorious outcome.
Bring it Charger Boys!! [/QB][/QUOTE]
Most players aren't into taking that kind of cheap shot, way to much $ involved to risk but the one your Bronco buttnugget did to us last years was BLATANT. Who the F**ck jumps on the back of someones legs when they're running away from them?? A punk ass pussy 3rd stringer that got his ass beat bad. Ironic part was the Chargers still won that game and celebrated with a ice cold orange crush. While the horsies went home and cry

Ziggy
07-30-2003, 05:46 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
Have to hook up with ya then..quite the set up you got there
Ya way cool! :cool:
Doesn't Mtndewdrps and a few other Hot Boaters t live in Temecula? :confused: We could have those guy's to as my pad is central. :D
Hot (ready for some football( Doggity Dog :cool: Excellent!!!! Yup MDD is a 909 south feller. Plus you got more screens to keep eyes on...one question tho, you didn't put one on the wall behind the toilet? Last superbowl party I had I put a TV in the bathroom cuz ya know how the beer flows after a 1/4 or two :D
BTW-did you notice its warmer now in Havasu than earlier today?
[ July 30, 2003, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Ziggy ]

RiverKitty
07-30-2003, 05:53 PM
Boozer:
So RK you going to be out here this weekend? Yupper!!! :D
Leavin' tonight...14 hour drive. :rolleyes:

hot_diggity_dog
07-30-2003, 06:08 PM
BTW-did you notice its warmer now in Havasu than earlier today? Funny you say that Mr. Zig wink :D
I was going to ask you the same question. :confused:
Here's a good one: wink ***boat said: :o We cannot put up a weather link like that on our site because of the software we are using or something like that. argue
Well look I have instant Lake Havasu weather for all to view, cool! :cool:

RiverKitty
07-30-2003, 06:10 PM
Ziggy:
Most players aren't into taking that kind of cheap shot.....I agree. That's why I originally disliked the Raiders to begin with. They were the team that always "hit below the belt", so to speak. Not only with the Broncos, but almost every team they played. Really pissed me off and I lost a lot of respect for the team. The way I look at it is, if your a Raider fan, Green Bay fan, etc. ...let's just agree to disagree. Football can be a lot like politics. I actually know people that hate other people just because of their choice of football teams. I just enjoy the sport and was raised with the Denver Broncos since I was knee high to a grasshopper. You can take the girl out of Denver, but ya can't take Denver out of the girl. I'm sure the same holds true for many people. Doesn't matter where you move, you'll always hold on to your favorite team!
[ August 30, 2003, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: RiverKitty ]

Ziggy
07-30-2003, 06:12 PM
RiverKitty:
Ziggy:
Damn RK, I like you even more. Not only do you resemble my wife a little, you like football! BTW-drove thru you town a few weeks back....my how its grown. Dang! Why didn't you stop by and say, "Howdy", eh??? :confused:
If I knew where to stop and say hi I would have, I could have put you and the wife side by side, turned ya around, flipped ya over, etc. to see how close you two match up :D :D . We just stopped for some crude oil(diesel) in the truck on the way to Grand Canyon and Sedona(how gorgeous). I was surprised at the growth there, been many years. Took many eye blinks before we made it thru town instead of one like the old days. wink

Ziggy
07-30-2003, 06:12 PM
dreaded DP
[ July 30, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Ziggy ]

sandblasted
07-30-2003, 06:14 PM
Napanutt:
sandblasted:
Football!!! Damn, I'm not over how badly my Raiders got whipped in the last super bowl! :( **** the Raiders...I live a mile from their training camp and they're ass holes...15ft. fence around their facility (a local jr. high school that my son went to) with black tarp to hide them from spy's? and bouncers walking the perimeter to make sure nobody tries to peek,what's up with that...only team in the NFL with a closed practice field as far as I know... Thats because they have to hide their plays from those cheating Denver Bronco fans!! :D

sandblasted
07-30-2003, 06:15 PM
JetBoatRich:
sandblasted:
Football!!! Damn, I'm not over how badly my Raiders got whipped in the last super bowl! :( You converting to a Bronco fan :rolleyes: Never!

RiverKitty
07-30-2003, 06:20 PM
Please take note: I'm NOT making any bets this year!
Lord knows I don't want to end up wearing a Raider's Jersey then having it thrown in my face for years to follow! LMAO!!! :D wink

hot_diggity_dog
07-30-2003, 06:22 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Ziggy:
Most players aren't into taking that kind of cheap shot.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree. That's why I originally disliked the Raiders to begin with. They were the team that always "hit below the belt", so to speak. Not only with the Broncos, but almost every team they played. Really pissed me off and I lost a lot of respect for the team. The way I look at it is, if your a Raider fan, Green Bay fan, etc. ...let's just agree to disagree. Football can be a lot like politics. I actually know people that hate other people just because of thier choice of football teams. I just enjoy the sport and was raised with the Denver Broncos since I was knee high to a grasshopper. You can take the girl out of Denver, but ya can't take Denver out of the girl. I'm sure the same holds true for many people. Doesn't matter where you move, you'll always hold on to your favorite team!
--------------------
~Meow~
Being a California Native from Orange County my choices were kinda slim.
Raiders for L.A. and Oakland, Rams for O.C.
Now no Rams. :p or Raiders :p and I have lived in San Diego since 85 wink I am a Charger Fan. eek!
Take the cards they deal I guess. :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
07-30-2003, 06:23 PM
sandblasted:
Napanutt:
sandblasted:
Football!!! Damn, I'm not over how badly my Raiders got whipped in the last super bowl! :( **** the Raiders...I live a mile from their training camp and they're ass holes...15ft. fence around their facility (a local jr. high school that my son went to) with black tarp to hide them from spy's? and bouncers walking the perimeter to make sure nobody tries to peek,what's up with that...only team in the NFL with a closed practice field as far as I know... Thats because they have to hide their plays from those cheating Denver Bronco fans!! :D Greg, that is what happened in the Superbowl eek! The coach on the other side had all the plays

Ziggy
07-30-2003, 06:28 PM
RiverKitty:
Ziggy:
Most players aren't into taking that kind of cheap shot.....I agree. That's why I originally disliked the Raiders to begin with. They were the team that always "hit below the belt", so to speak. Not only with the Broncos, but almost every team they played. Really pissed me off and I lost a lot of respect for the team. The way I look at it is, if your a Raider fan, Green Bay fan, etc. ...let's just agree to disagree. Football can be a lot like politics. I actually know people that hate other people just because of thier choice of football teams. I just enjoy the sport and was raised with the Denver Broncos since I was knee high to a grasshopper. You can take the girl out of Denver, but ya can't take Denver out of the girl. I'm sure the same holds true for many people. Doesn't matter where you move, you'll always hold on to your favorite team! The Raiders were notorious for cheap play in general. Who got the ass end of the wholy roller by the Raiders...the Chargers(new rule the following year) What pro=bowl players career was cut(literally) short by a Raider(Kellen Winslow-Charger) just to name a few. Its no wonder that Charger fans are absolute Raider Haters cuz they seemed to get alot of their crap.
And I hate to say it but I used to like Mike Shanahan until recently. I don't think he coaches his guys NOT to mame an apponent. After the cheap shot last year he didn't think it was that bad and had a non-chelant(sp?) sorry to offer. I don't dislike the Bronco's and was ecstatic for Elway's rings, he deserved it by gosh. There were times I just wished the raiders and broncos were in a different division :D
We'll see how the season shakes out this year, seems like it could be a pretty good one.

Napanutt
07-30-2003, 06:30 PM
Gruden's the man...cheater or not...

Boozer
07-30-2003, 06:37 PM
Most Broncos fans (Myself included) Don't like shanahan. He needs to be replaced but being not only the head coach and general manager of the Broncos not to mention 2 superbowl wins under his belt has a free ride no matter how bad he coaches the team. Sad but true.
We all know Shanahan didn't win those superbowls. Elway won them. But Shanahan gets the credit. Shitty deal. I wish they'd clean house like they did with Rockies and AV's but I don't see that happening.

Ziggy
07-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Napanutt:
Gruden's the man...cheater or not... I think Gruden is one tough nutt(no pun intended) coach. He coaches hard and smart. Last yrs S.Bowl was not cheating, just aware and smart coaching. Gotta love the "Chucky" look too.
Boozer, I can't believe we actually agreed on something. :D Kudo's. Shanahan's dirty.
Goodnight all. Sweet dreams. :rolleyes:
[ July 30, 2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Ziggy ]

oldphart
07-30-2003, 06:42 PM
The hell with all that pussy pro ball. I get to be a college ball groupie and follow my son all over the north state watching him make quarterbacks and linebackers squeel like a girl!

hot_diggity_dog
07-30-2003, 06:54 PM
Hey the key to wining the SuperBowl is staying injury free or to have your team injury free around playoff time. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Napanutt
07-30-2003, 07:29 PM
Hey SB...Shot you a five even though you're a Raider fan,I like the picture in your profile...

sandblasted
07-30-2003, 08:35 PM
Napanutt:
Hey SB...Shot you a five even though you're a Raider fan,I like the picture in your profile... Thanks, that is a pretty good picture of me, or were you referring to the boat? :D

Napanutt
07-30-2003, 08:40 PM
More like the scenery around your boat...ie.the water,the shoreline,the babes in the boat,etc...

sandblasted
07-30-2003, 08:49 PM
Napanutt:
More like the scenery around your boat...ie.the water,the shoreline,the babes in the boat,etc... I figured it wasn't me!
thats a nice stretch of river between needles and Topoc... :D

Coach
07-31-2003, 08:25 AM
Speaking of Football, did anyone see that hit from the Washington Redskin camp yesterday? It was sick. The Free-safety flies across the field when the back breaks through to the secondary and crushes the back. The running backs legs were parallel to the ground. Damn I am ready for some hitting again. Aug 25th will be the first day our players will be able to put on the pads again. Until then I can get my fix with pre-season NFL.