PDA

View Full Version : PAGING ROZ..STEREO 4 CART

TOBTEK
06-30-2003, 06:48 AM
ROZ, OR EQUAL STEREO GURU...... its time for a stereo for the GOLFCART :D broght it home from the river lastnight for this overtaking. I want to do something "TRICK" but not stubid expensive. question one, Should I install a seperate battery for this system or run off two of the cart batteries? recharging would be easier with the cart system but I dont want to run out of juice when cruising around. Second question should I get a std headunit or is it woth it to get a flip up lcd screen, are they worth the $$$$$$ ? Im thinking a nice powerd headunit and two good speakers in the kick panel would be good enough.........what-ga think. And if you help me with the install I'll sponsor you on the next trip to the River :D

Phat_Kat
06-30-2003, 06:50 AM
TOBTEK:
ROZ, OR EQUAL STEREO GURU...... its time for a stereo for the GOLFCART :D broght it home from the river lastnight for this overtaking. I want to do something "TRICK" but not stubid expensive. question one, Should I install a seperate battery for this system or run off two of the cart batteries? recharging would be easier with the cart system but I dont want to run out of juice when cruising around. Second question should I get a std headunit or is it woth it to get a flip up lcd screen, are they worth the $$$$$$ ? Im thinking a nice powerd headunit and two good speakers in the kick panel would be good enough.........what-ga think. And if you help me with the install I'll sponsor you on the next trip to the River :D kinda off topic but do you have any pics with the new engine cover? I REALLY want to see them.

TOBTEK
06-30-2003, 07:08 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/523/135cowling_003-med.jpg
here ya go P/K..But what is sick is that I already know in the off season im gonna strip it and redo it with different graphics and a different blue, I should have taken some pic's of it on the boat this last weekend,,,im a lamer. It turned out OK.

Phat_Kat
06-30-2003, 07:09 AM
TOBTEK:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/523/135cowling_003-med.jpg
here ya go P/K..But what is sick is that I already know in the off season im gonna strip it and redo it with different graphics and a different blue, I should have taken some pic's of it on the boat this last weekend,,,im a lamer. It turned out OK. I meant on the boat itself. Not in the shop. I'd like to see the full package.
Thanks

TOBTEK
06-30-2003, 07:12 AM
yeah sorry, I ment to take some pics this weekend, but spaced out :rolleyes: will do on the 12th of July trip.

Boozer
06-30-2003, 07:25 AM
How much power do you want? I would recommend a second battery for the the system by itself.
The more power your system runs the quicker your gonna kill batteries. I'm assuming your golf cart is completely electric so I would advise you have the system run on its own electrical system versus tying it in with the golf carts it might make things a little more complicated to set up but it will be alot easier to trouble shoot in the future. If the streos electric has problems you know its the stereo if the carts has problems you know its the cart.
I would do an Optima battery or 2 for the stereo. Rather then a flip out I would just do a standard deck it's going to use less power. Then do like a nice set of components and a single 12" sub. I like Alpine decks and the Alpine Component set is just bad ass. I'd run a single 2 channel for the components and a mono block for the sub. 7000 series MTX sub should do nicely and run 2 MTX amps. Or whatever u want those r just the brands I am partial too. Definitely not the best on the market but in my opinion the best bang for your buck period. You could also do some 6x9's on the back that might add a nice touch.

BIGTYME
06-30-2003, 07:47 AM
I had a screen in my golf cart. It looks bad ass but the only drawback is that if sand gets in or around it, it wont close and go back in. It adds a nice touch to a golf cart though. I just had 2 6.5" in the dash and 2 6x9's in boxes right behind each seat. I would not add a sub and an amp too much power.
[ June 30, 2003, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: BIGTYME ]

mbrown2
06-30-2003, 07:48 AM
Toby's always got a project going on....
The flip up screen is nice...one of the kids on our street has that with Playstation, but it is only good at night due to the glare during the day...it is definitely more for the bling bling factor... I go with a 4 channel amp, run a set of coax's or 6x9's and bridge the back channel for the subs. That would be a more reasonable thing to do and something that I plan on doing...If you really want video you can always add it later.

Boozer
06-30-2003, 10:34 AM
mbrown2:
Toby's always got a project going on....
The flip up screen is nice...one of the kids on our street has that with Playstation, but it is only good at night due to the glare during the day...it is definitely more for the bling bling factor... I go with a 4 channel amp, run a set of coax's or 6x9's and bridge the back channel for the subs. That would be a more reasonable thing to do and something that I plan on doing...If you really want video you can always add it later. You can do the 4 channel amp but if you do go that route but make sure that the 4 channel amp has a high low pass setting for the front 2 channel and the rear 2 channel. Otherwise you'd have to run the sub on high pass and you don't want that.

ROZ
06-30-2003, 10:34 AM
TOBTEK,
How "trick" do you want to go? I'm no cart expert, but I'd think you'd have to run the system off an additional battery because the battery cluster will give you either 48 or 36 volts.
I'm with MBrown2 on the whole amp scenario. A single 3 or 4 channel is the way to go. Your play time is based on your playing habits and double(additional amps) the draw will decrease your play time.
LCD display is a novel idea, but it will have to be out of the sun. Direct sunlight will burn the screen. An idea would be to have a descent head unit with a video source like a PS2 going to a seperate screen mounted into a custom fiberglass or aluminum panel somewhere.....
Anything is possible....
Post some pics of the cart again....dash and rear included...You don't remove the top, do you?
[ June 30, 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

TOBTEK
06-30-2003, 02:02 PM
ROZ:
TOBTEK,
How "trick" do you want to go? I'm no cart expert, but I'd think you'd have to run the system off an additional battery because the battery cluster will give you either 48 or 36 volts.
I'm with MBrown2 on the whole amp scenario. A single 3 or 4 channel is the way to go. Your play time is based on your playing habits and double(additional amps) the draw will decrease your play time.
LCD display is a novel idea, but it will have to be out of the sun. Direct sunlight will burn the screen. An idea would be to have a descent head unit with a video source like a PS2 going to a seperate screen mounted into a custom fiberglass or aluminum panel somewhere.....
Anything is possible....
Post some pics of the cart again....dash and rear included...You don't remove the top, do you? I thinking I just want a nice head unit, and few nice/mid level speakers. I will do a separate optima battery(that makes sense not running off main batt's) no sub's needed. Was thinking about a perk switch for this extra battery...maybe if needed.
ROZ....what is a good mid level deck and speakers? dont need seperates just a few nice all-in-one speakers. Believe it or not im not going full bling,bling factor thanks

ROZ
06-30-2003, 02:51 PM
You got mail.....