PDA

View Full Version : Who stole my box anchor?

Reaper1
09-22-2003, 10:50 AM
While at the Sandbar on Saturday someone stole my brothers brand new box anchor. Some peeps wanted to go for a ride in my brothers boat so I pushed them out to deeper water. We were at the Northern part of the Sandbar and I had to push them rather far. I wasn't gone for more than 5 minutes, came back and someone had snagged the ****er. :mad: Someone had to be watching me push them out and time it just right. There was three other boats with us around the same area and they didn't see anything. Still has the price tag on it that says Rodes Way Boats. Pretty shitty when you have to boat with people that are like this. Oh well, enjoy your new anchor prick, just remember that Karma is a bitch.

Blown 472
09-22-2003, 10:55 AM
Sounds like a great place to hang out. Sorry bout your anchor.

dimarcobros
09-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Was the person who stole it drinking out of Carbonmarine's ice chest? :D j/k
That sucks, sorry to hear it. How much did the anchor set you back? Depending on your deductible you could get some money from your insurance company? Just a thought.
DMB

carbonmarine
09-22-2003, 10:59 AM
Ya know, I thought all the ****ing losers were supposed to be gone by now..... It mid sept !
** I cant belive it, Ice chests, anchors.....and it never ends & you know what ...It's getting worse ...
Rick32

clownpuncher
09-22-2003, 11:01 AM
That does suck. Are you sure the anchor isn't still there? The reason I ask is this. When I was at the Bluewater during the Sky Ski tournament there was an anchor/anchor bouy near the course. The owner of the anchor was nowhere to be found so another boat comes by and ties up to the anchor. Well with all the huge wakes created by the tournament boats (go figure) the boat tied up to the anchor was bouncing and the knot must have come loose and the anchor line sunk to the bottom right next to the anchor. I can imagine the owner of the anchor coming by looking for his anchor bouy and after realizing it's gone he would just imagine that some @sswipe stole it.
Either way it sucks to lose something especially an expensive thing like the box anchor.

Sherpa
09-22-2003, 11:06 AM
whats a box anchor-?
--Sherpa

clownpuncher
09-22-2003, 11:10 AM
An expensive collapesable anchor, shaped in the form of a box. They work great.

Reaper1
09-22-2003, 12:02 PM
Yeah, boating is definitely not what it used to be. I'm almost positive that someone stole it. We combed the sand for like 1/2 an hour before we gave up and said F it, let's get back to drinking beer. I think it was like $120.00.
Grim

Sandbar Mike
09-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Reaper,
I think you had one to many and forgot where your anchor was :D :D
alot of beer
alot of t&a
alot of forgets
:D LMAO

JAM
09-22-2003, 12:16 PM
I've been concerned about someone snagging my box anchor too, so I'm investing in an additional, cheap anchor for leaving in the cove, at the Sandbar, etc.
As mentioned before, the River IS NOT the same as it used to be - So be prepared. I hope the thief slips and drops his new found anchor on his gel coat! :D

VillainDave
09-22-2003, 12:21 PM
You spend your hard earned money for something and some bastard has to steal it! That's alright maybe one day. That jerk will put his boat in the water and for get the plug and not realize it til the boats to far from shore and they'll have to watch it sink!

Sherpa
09-22-2003, 12:22 PM
WHolly crap! a $120 anchor-???
somebody post of pic of that thing, and I'll be
pumping those out before wednesday!
--Sherpa
I ain't got no $120 dollar anchor...

jackpunx
09-22-2003, 12:26 PM
I bet if you go in the hood.. You'll be able to buy your anchor back at a garage sale.. Sounds like someone has one hell of a business

BoatFloating
09-22-2003, 01:12 PM
Reaper, I can't believe that crap when you told me on Saturday. I guess we need to lock everything down. That sucks period.

Reaper1
09-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Sandbar Mike - I had had a few but we had like 10 people looking for that thing so I don't think we missed it. Hope you had a good weekend. wink
Boatfloating - Good to see you over the weekend. That Goose you had going was mighty tasty. :cool:

FastTimmy
09-22-2003, 03:03 PM
Reaper,
Sorry to hear about your anchor. That sucks the big one.
Hey at least we got to meet and check out the rides.

cyclone
09-22-2003, 03:07 PM
the last four trips to the river i've lost my anchor for one reason or another. thank god they were all the cheap 40 dollar jobs. i'd be real pissed if it was a box anchor every time it happened. what am i saying? i am pissed.
:mad:

DogHouse
09-22-2003, 06:57 PM
sorry reaper, my buddy lost one at avi this summer, same deal. sucks. so many at the river are such great and helpful peeps, really too bad about the few rotten eggs. oh well like you said, karma is a bitch!

Phat_Kat
09-22-2003, 07:12 PM
I know someone who likes to take things temporarily. They normally like to take things like that and watch people hunt around for them then once the hunting is over they'll drop it in the boat when no one is looking. I don't approve of it. Tell me the colors, design patter, model, and make of the boat and I'll see if I can find it for you. I think that those box anchors come in different colors??? :confused: If so tell me the color so we can be sure. I'll ask the person if they were dicking with someones head and never had a chance to return it.
Sorry for your loss,
PK
P.S.
I'm looking for a new avatar if anyone is wondering.
[ September 22, 2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Phat_Kat ]

Trailer Park Casanova
09-22-2003, 07:23 PM
Sherpa:
whats a box anchor-?
--Sherpa www.slideanchor.com (http://www.slideanchor.com)

Trailer Park Casanova
09-22-2003, 07:28 PM
Whats helped me is to use a pool chlorine bottle for a float.
Pool Chlorine bottles are super thick, last for years, look like shit (paint them flourcenet pink),, so the A holes feel you probably have a junk anchor down below too,,,
At the sand bar,, set the anchor farther out with more line,, and use the nasty looking bottle trick.
It helps,

OutCole'd
09-22-2003, 07:39 PM
I lost my Box anchor at Bluewater in July, I feel your pain brother.

HammerDown
09-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Trailer Park Casanova:
Whats helped me is to use a pool chlorine bottle for a float.
Pool Chlorine bottles are super thick, last for years, look like shit (paint them flourcenet pink),, so the A holes feel you probably have a junk anchor down below too,,,
At the sand bar,, set the anchor farther out with more line,, and use the nasty looking bottle trick.
It helps, Bro, ya just gave your secret away...everybody, there's gold under that crapy looking float line :rolleyes:

Akamatsu
09-22-2003, 07:53 PM
Here's a pic:
http://www.slideanchor.com/web_images/4.jpg
And as TPC pointed out, here is their Website. (http://www.slideanchor.com)
Akamatsu

Metal_King
09-22-2003, 08:23 PM
Reaper1:
I think it was like $120.00.
Grim $120? Damn...I just found a boat anchor at a garage sle for $3 last weekend.

Metal_King
Reaper1:
Grim $120? Damn...I just found a boat anchor at a garage sale for $3 last weekend.
Damn IT!! Sorry for the multiple posts! Moderator??
[ September 22, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Metal_King ]

Metal_King
Reaper1:
Grim $120? Damn...I just found a boat anchor at a garage sale for $3 last weekend.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-23-2003, 03:46 AM
By the way, FYI;
If anyone has the old style. 11 piece, cut and welded Box Anchor, they will exchange it for the new improved plasma cut version free.
It's getting where we have to post someone as an anchor watch to prevent theft.

Reaper1
09-23-2003, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the words guys. We continued to have fun, the anchor only derailed that for about 20 minutes or so. Shit Happens. cry
Fast Timmy - Nice to meet you this weekend. You've got one hell of an engine in that Mach of yours. wink

Havasu_Dreamin
09-29-2003, 11:09 AM
Trailer Park Casanova:
By the way, FYI;
If anyone has the old style. 11 piece, cut and welded Box Anchor, they will exchange it for the new improved plasma cut version free.
Really? Is it that much better?

Mandelon
09-29-2003, 11:29 AM
I have one of those "gold plated" box anchors too. I would not leave it unguarded on the sandbar, especially after reading your story. (That sucks). If you are trying to save your mooring use a float but leave it attached to a nylon sandbag, not the $120 anchor!!
PWCers use those bags for anchors. They would work fine to hold a mooring buoy or an ugly chlorine bottle painted bright pink :rolleyes: in place. Sorry TPC, do you really use an ugly pink chloring bottle??

Trailer Park Casanova
09-29-2003, 07:58 PM
Mandelon:
Sorry TPC, do you really use an ugly pink chloring bottle?? Nahh, I use double green floats with a hauser line between, tied to a mega slide anchor on the beach.
Just did the chlorine bottle trick at Laughlin a few times some years back. It was suggested by the guy who makes box anchors. It worked.

Dr. Eagle
09-29-2003, 08:11 PM
I'd say keep your eye on Ebay. It may surface there. That'd really piss me off. Not a bad idea to get a cheap navy or danforth anchor to leave a buoy on.
It is just like these kids around my house that seal your chrome caps off of the valve stems on your wheels. I got tired of buying them so I just put the plastic ones back on after going through a dozen anodized ones in three months.

Dr. Eagle
09-29-2003, 08:15 PM
Havasu D,
The box anchor is the shiznit. I used it with my 30 foot Eliminator and tied five other boats up to mine in the Sacramento River up where the current is about 8 knots. We didn't move an inch. It is easy as hell to pull up and you don't need a chain. It was woth every bit of the $120.

RotorHead
09-29-2003, 08:53 PM
If ya have the access to the material and skill, build one. A buddy and I built ours for about $25 each plus our time(3-4HRS). Best thing we ever put together for our boats. If you don't have the time, skill or material they're still well worth the big cha-ching.

Dr. Eagle
09-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Well, I could cut and weld it, but I don't have a Galvanizing tank to dip it.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-29-2003, 09:28 PM
When you go to the boat show,, corner the builder of the box anchor at his booth and engage him in conversation.
An interesting person,, and his mom is sweet as sugar and real cool too.
The development of the box anchor was kind of unexpected, something he stumbled onto, and his story makes for good listening.
Plus ask him how he handles patent infringers. Educating info for anyone who has wanted to put an idea on the market.
I felt bad this summer when Spankys in Parker was selling cheap knock offs of Slide Anchors stuff. I mean cheap junk, same price.
We went over to Eddies Marine Services and bought the genuine stuff as gifts for friends..

Dr. Eagle
09-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I was going to say I think there is an intellectual property issue or a patent infringement issue in this matter. I did corner the gentleman in both San Diego at the boat show and Sacramento at the boat show. He is really cool and I suppose he has done pretty well. He would do better if people didn't knock off his products.
As for the knock offs, if he protected his product which I am sure he did, he just has to enforce it.
And in my opinion, his products are perfect for hot boating and well worth the duckets to pay for them.
[ September 29, 2003, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Eagle ]

ACCEPTENCE
09-29-2003, 09:49 PM
Anchors are a dime a dozen, anchors of all types and sizes. Not always where you expect to find them either. So many anchors we stopped collecting them. Scuba gear and a underwater metal detector will net you a shitpot of lost anchors around the sandbar area!!!
I wanna believe some jerk-nut drug it off by mistake and it wasen't stolen. :D
On the other hand some piece of shit may have pinched it. :mad:
Reaper, if we find one you'll be first on the list as a qualified recipient. wink

RotorHead
09-30-2003, 07:27 AM
Dr. Eagle,
I'm probably walkin the line copying some one elses, but I'd never build'em to sell. I don't have enought time for that, but you guys brought up a valid point. As far as galvanizing, I had some white Imrom left over from another project and used it(shot the hell out of the $25 price tag). I'm curious to see how long it will last.

Mandelon
09-30-2003, 11:16 AM
I thought super detective Phat_Kat was going to track it down for him??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hermosa
09-30-2003, 11:26 AM
Dr. Eagle:
I'd say keep your eye on Ebay. It may surface there. That'd really piss me off. Not a bad idea to get a cheap navy or danforth anchor to leave a buoy on.
It is just like these kids around my house that seal your chrome caps off of the valve stems on your wheels. I got tired of buying them so I just put the plastic ones back on after going through a dozen anodized ones in three months. No shit, I have gone through 2 complete sets of chrome stem caps on my 740, I finally got tipped off to the punk down the street who has been taking them and putting them on his Honda CRX. He answered the door, and found my large hand around his neck quickly. Needless to say, his mother brought them back to my house in a little envelope, he was too chicken shit to do it. Sorry... hijacked thread...

Dr. Eagle
09-30-2003, 01:46 PM
RotorHead:
Dr. Eagle,
I'm probably walkin the line copying some one elses, but I'd never build'em to sell. I don't have enought time for that, but you guys brought up a valid point. As far as galvanizing, I had some white Imrom left over from another project and used it(shot the hell out of the $25 price tag). I'm curious to see how long it will last. I may be mistaken but you are really talking about shades of gray. Dark Gray.
If you were comfortable making one for yourself, great. (It is still illegal to copy a patented device...I think...isn't it????). But making knock-offs by the dozens and trying to sell them is really bad ju ju.
I imagine like the people that download a few songs on the confuser, you have little to worry about, but the guy selling the kock-off anchors, just like the people downloading thousands upon thousands of songs...well I hope you are looking over your shoulder...