PDA

View Full Version : Driving Lesson Goes South

Infomaniac
08-25-2003, 10:45 AM
Found this on another site. Glad it was not me.
Very Expensive Lesson (http://members.roadfly.com/brown1706/DrivingLessons.htm)
[ August 25, 2003, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Rod-64
08-25-2003, 10:51 AM
That's a sad waste of a fine ride.

summerlove
08-25-2003, 10:52 AM
I did something like that one time to my Porsche. Brought back very bad memories! Thank god the cops didn't show up or my clean record wouldn't be so clean!
Those pics are amazing - how friggin sad!

JetBoatRich
08-25-2003, 11:37 AM
Nothing money to throw away jawdrop

blownmoney
08-25-2003, 11:46 AM
would your car insurance cover that being that your and a racetrack?, and do you think it was a total or repaired being that the insurance co would prolly pay up to 400k to fix it? if covered

Bense468
08-25-2003, 11:57 AM
usually nothing is insured if you take it out on the race track, unless they know up front that you race it and they will insure you. Most company's will tell you to kick rocks if you told them you race it.

FingerTight
08-25-2003, 03:29 PM
This exact thing happened to a friend of mine.
His insurance fixed his car because "there was no competition going on at the time".
If you go to a driving school, you will notice timing devices are strictly prohibited for this exact reason.
Damn shame, was a nice car...

ROZ
08-25-2003, 03:56 PM
Motor upgrade anyone?

jlnorthrup122
08-25-2003, 04:02 PM
ROZ
Motor upgrade anyone?
idea idea idea :)
Just looking at those pics gives fme heartburn!! :( frown

sidewound
08-25-2003, 04:06 PM
Cool!
Bet that dude thumped his punkin pretty good!
Looks like he wasn't the FIRST to leave the track at that location.
I bet dat hurt! eek!
What's the story? Rich kid? Workin stiff that busted his balls for this dream? Just curious.
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR

jlnorthrup122
08-25-2003, 04:19 PM
hows you doin Sidewound? I bet it was a rich dog on the track for the first time an he saw that little blonde hangin trackside an pow mr. shhhhtick took over the controls!!! :D

wsuwrhr
08-25-2003, 04:26 PM
Haha, interesting. ****ing ouch, I wish I had money to burn like that, just goes to show you don't need brains to have money....
Reminds me of one time at band camp...
I was teaching a friend's sister that I was interested in(uh huh) how to drive a stick shift in my 2332cc Baja in a parking lot.
Interesting mistake, I never knew someone in fright would hold the throttle COMPLETELY to the floor, ON THE LIMITER, until it drove through a steel pole gate.
She was blipping the throttle cause she liked how the front end came up. She blipped it a little too much, got scared, and just held it wide open in second gear until I was able to shut it off. I was in disbelief, it was over before I could even do anything.
Picture this, in an instant arms straight out, eyes wide open, screaming at the top of her lungs, my poor VW with its tongue hanging out at 9000 RPM on the limiter, in second gear, careening towards a sturdy pole gate. Drive right through it, fubared my bug.
Not to hijack the post, at least I could AFFORD to put it back together.
Damn, bad day at the race track. I will be forwarding this to a lot of friends.
Brian
[ August 25, 2003, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]