PDA

View Full Version : Loading in the launching area

01RENEGADE
07-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Has anybody ever had to sit and wait in your truck while people are in the launching line getting thier boats ready and taking up time when they should have allready done that prior to launching? Im talking about the white lines you pull into before you back into the water. I always thought that you were suppose to get your boat ready before you pull into the launch ramp.Ran into alot of people that took up space on the ramp loading when they should have been launching. Maybe im wrong but I always have my boat ready to go so I can get out and let others in just curious.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-01-2003, 06:18 PM
You are right! They should have all their shit loaded on the boat before launching not while they are launching. Show common courtesy. Get some common sense. (it's their world, we just live in it) :rolleyes:

Tom Brown
07-01-2003, 06:19 PM
I had to wait for someone to finish using the ramp once. It pissed me off.

Mandelon
07-01-2003, 06:55 PM
I do it while moving along in line...jump out and take off the straps....put up the bimini....etc. Then usually the people behind you get the idea and suddenly, like magic..the ignorant become the learned...... :D

Kilrtoy
07-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Hate those rookies
Those are the same ones that tie their boats up to the dock due to the fact no one in the boat can drive it or the truck. ROOKIES

01RENEGADE
07-01-2003, 07:23 PM
Hey Kiltroy were you out thier this last weekend I thought I saw your boat? Also did you go with Downtown storage thats where I am at.

77charger
07-01-2003, 08:08 PM
Kilrtoy:
Hate those rookies
Those are the same ones that tie their boats up to the dock due to the fact no one in the boat can drive it or the truck. ROOKIES Hey take it easy on the ones who tie and dock.I have to do that myself since my wife cant do a perfect job driving both(and there are to many rude people who will get pissed off if she makes a mistake) or i am by myself.Or do you care to help me when i am by myself?
I go to the launch ramp prepared all stuff in boat plug in only thing i do is disconnect the front cable.I am usually very fast at launching and will use any availible space that is open.The one thing that annoys me are the people who think the ramp is also a wash area or are worried that their boat is too far foward 1 inch and nee to back in a couple of more times til done right
I think every boater has gone thru the roookie stage
[ July 01, 2003, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: 77charger ]

Mandelon
07-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Yeah, everyone needs to learn. But not on a frikkin saturday morning when there is 50 boats behind them......