PDA

View Full Version : Canada is legalizin da weed!

Catmando
05-16-2003, 03:17 PM
I know they're gonna do it!! :) I'd move if it wasn't so cold up there eh? frown

hoolign
05-16-2003, 03:24 PM
you mean it's illegal now??????..shit eek!

Tom Brown
05-16-2003, 03:28 PM
LMAO! Hoolign, you've got some funny shit. :D
I didn't know we were legalizing it completely. It's been legalized already to treat certain medical conditions.

eliminatedsprinter
05-16-2003, 03:38 PM
See Cat, I knew someday we would find an issue we agreed on. I don't do weed and I don't like weed. However, I'm positive that the freedoms, money, and human effort that have been given up chasing after pot have all been wasted.
[ May 19, 2003, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

FMluvswater
05-16-2003, 04:16 PM
If it really happens will they limit it to just the dried leaves I wonder or will it include derivatives like solid hash and hash oil?

Catmando
05-16-2003, 04:47 PM
Tom from what I read it's gonna be an ounce or less, in your home.
Sprinter you are SO right about all that money blown, but think about the prisons we've built to house the drug "offenders". In Texas, since 1985, the state has built 17 prisons and ONE University. :( Now, with our budget crunch, they're laying off hundreds of prison guards and other employees.

hoolign
05-16-2003, 04:57 PM
This has ben goin on for longer than I care to
remember,what they have done is made possesion a misdemeaner in B.C,I think it's up to 7 grams,I can tell you it's not a missdemeaner here in Alberta..especially in Black chevy trucks :D
the problem with legalizing, is your still going to have dealers,which will still be illegal!in order to get the crime aspect of drugs on "somewhat" of a decline, they need to regulate it like alchohol,and go the route of Amsterdam!

126driver
05-16-2003, 05:11 PM
FMluvswaterbabe:
If it really happens will they limit it to just the dried leaves I wonder or will it include derivatives like solid hash and hash oil? Sounds like you know nuthin' 'bout the pot, huh? wink :D

FMluvswater
05-16-2003, 05:13 PM
126driver:
FMluvswaterbabe:
If it really happens will they limit it to just the dried leaves I wonder or will it include derivatives like solid hash and hash oil? Sounds like you know nuthin' 'bout the pot, huh? wink :D :D Sharp! wink

Tom Brown
05-16-2003, 05:15 PM
Catmando:
Tom from what I read it's gonna be an ounce or less, in your home.That doesn't make any sense at all. How are they going to tax that? :confused: :confused:

hoolign
05-16-2003, 05:15 PM
Everyone from B.C knows somthin about pot! :D
so I hear!

FMluvswater
05-16-2003, 06:02 PM
hoolign:
Everyone from B.C knows somthin about pot! :D
so I hear! BC is not where I got my pot knowledge. :) Good old hometown Spanish Ontario. Where the hell is Spanish Ontario? Little 'don't blink or you'll miss it' town on Trans Can Hwy 17. The only good thing about it is it has two marinas and a gov't dock. I do miss Lake Huron. Oh oh lookit she rambled again! :D

eliminatedsprinter
05-19-2003, 08:35 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Catmando:
[QB] Tom from what I read it's gonna be an ounce or less, in your home.
Sprinter you are SO right about all that money blown, but think about the prisons we've built to house the drug "offenders". In Texas, since 1985, the state has built 17 prisons and ONE University. :( Now, with our budget crunch, they're laying off hundreds of prison guards and other employees.
All wasted. It could be sold in cigs like tobbaco and regulated the same as ETOH. The ATF could drop the F (and let a more fitting agency enforce gun laws) and become the ATM. That name would fit because the tax revenue would be huge. Ca is the nations leading agriculural producer and pot is estimated by many to be Ca's largest cash crop.

jafo
05-19-2003, 08:43 AM
FMluvswaterbabe:
[QUOTE]Good old hometown Spanish Ontario. Where the hell is Spanish Ontario? Little 'don't blink or you'll miss it' town on Trans Can Hwy 17. The only good thing about it is it has two marinas and a gov't dock. I do miss Lake Huron. Oh oh lookit she rambled again! :D I know exactly where Spanish is, and will pass through there again in a week on our way to Manitoulin Island. Been through there over a hundred times over the past 44 years. :)
Jim

FMluvswater
05-19-2003, 01:04 PM
jafo:
FMluvswaterbabe:
[QUOTE]Good old hometown Spanish Ontario. Where the hell is Spanish Ontario? Little 'don't blink or you'll miss it' town on Trans Can Hwy 17. The only good thing about it is it has two marinas and a gov't dock. I do miss Lake Huron. Oh oh lookit she rambled again! :D I know exactly where Spanish is, and will pass through there again in a week on our way to Manitoulin Island. Been through there over a hundred times over the past 44 years. :)
Jim Damn small world! :) That is so cool! Ever eat at the Lucky Snackbar on the way through? They had best gravy for their fries! Last boat ride I went on was out to Manitoulin from the Spanish dock. Manitoulin's beautiful. :) Have a wonderful trip! :D

Seadog
05-19-2003, 01:15 PM
I'm not going to get into a big argument here, but legalizing the shit doesn't work. They tried it in many places and now most of them are wishing they didn't.
In the 70's, I thought pot should be deregulated, but the so-called medical benefits of MJ can be better handled by prescription drugs and the shit today is over ten times the potency of the best available thirty years ago. I have seen to many people ruin their lives because of pot. They think they handle it just fine, but they wind up not being able to handle updating their skill levels and getleft behind.

eliminatedsprinter
05-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Seadog
As usual, your response is factually correct and well thought out. I don't much think legaization will work (I mean work for what?). It's just that banning it has not. I think it is time to end the waste. After all, right now, pot is at least as easy as cigs and ETOH for kids to get their hands on and our ban is in effect little more than total de-regulation. Or worse, market protection for the criminal class.

HighRoller
05-19-2003, 04:26 PM
Yeah,you know I was thinkin.We waste a lot of money arresting criminals in this country everyday.Imagine how many bottles of Thunderbird we could buy the homeless people if we closed down all the prisons,fired all the cops and shut down the criminal courts.It would be a windfall!!! All our problems would be solved!It's not a criminal's fault he got arrested,it's OUR fault for putting him there after building a prison.Everybody knows there is no such thing as a guilty prisoner.We the citizenry constantly conspire against these people to frame them with flawed DNA evidence and shady police tactics,then we spend everyone else's money to incarcerate them.HOW DARE we taxpayers do such a thing.And while we're at it we have to legalize not just Marijuana,but heroin,cocaine and PCP as well.These people aren't hurting anybody.They just wanna get blitzed and hallucinate once in a while,maybe shoot up in the bathroom at work.It's not fair that we're denying them of this right.And don't forget murderers and child molesters.I know it seems like a bad thing to molest a child,but who are we to pass judgememnt?I mean,everybody needs a little satisfaction right?
I just wanted to make the same argument for these crimes as you make for marijuana.You say it doesn't hurt anyone,and should be legal.Wake up,if Pot was the miracle you guys say it is wouldn't pharmaceutical companies be praising it? You just want to legalize it so you can get high. So just tell the truth so we can all get along.I'd be bummed if they made beer illegal and I'd raise hell.But I wouldn't make some dumb argument about how it being legal is better for our kids or something.

hoolign
05-19-2003, 05:10 PM
Do you actually think comparing murders and pot is justifiable? child molesters?get real man,
have you ever heard of someone jonsin from pot to the point that they kill some corner store clerk,to get high..i think not,so coke and heroin are out of this eqation as well,were talikin about pot! lets get our criminal classification into check here,a guy smokes a doobie kicks backin the sun has a beer or two...it's all good 5 hours later gets stopped in a routine stop...a bag of pot in the glove compartment..what would make more sense..a fine(if he's not stoned behind the wheel) or court date,temporary incarceration while waiting for court,then a possible jail sentence.
Rather than taking 100.00 or 200 or 300 from the guy,the tax payer just spent 5000.00
make sense no!
my opinion

Boozer
05-19-2003, 05:37 PM
hoolign:
Do you actually think comparing murders and pot is justifiable? child molesters?get real man,
have you ever heard of someone jonsin from pot to the point that they kill some corner store clerk,to get high..i think not,so coke and heroin are out of this eqation as well,were talikin about pot! lets get our criminal classification into check here,a guy smokes a doobie kicks backin the sun has a beer or two...it's all good 5 hours later gets stopped in a routine stop...a bag of pot in the glove compartment..what would make more sense..a fine(if he's not stoned behind the wheel) or court date,temporary incarceration while waiting for court,then a possible jail sentence.
Rather than taking 100.00 or 200 or 300 from the guy,the tax payer just spent 5000.00
make sense no!
my opinion I agree. We waste a LOT of money fighting the war on drugs. A big portion of that war is a war on marijuana. How is marijuana any more harmful then alcohol?
As far as people becoming a waste and ruinng their life because they smoke tons of pot and think they're fine goes; You think that doesn't happen with alcohol? Those people who ruin their life like that will do it regardless pot or no pot. Some people are natural born losers.
I think it's strange that pot is seen as something so bad yet alcohol is socially acceptable. I know a lot more people that have ruined their lives from alcohol abuse. Can't really think of anyone who ruined their life abusing marijuana. The losers I know who smoke tons of pot also drink a LOT of booze. Not to mention they just use their "addiction" problems as an excuse for the fact that they are lazt asses and dont want to be anything more then leeches who will live at home till their parents die. And then what??
And just to put things into a perspective a little more about how stupid it is to blame blame drugs for lowlifes I'd like to disprove that using myself as an example. I get hammered on average 2 times a week some weeks 4 and 5 times a week. I ocassionally smoke weed, not to often but I do. I'm 22 years old I own a $30,000 car and just bought a $20,000 boat. Also getting ready to buy a $230,000 home and obviously have a pretty good job for a 22 yr old who's never been to college. And this is all without the help of parents. ALL ME.
So Stop blaming the drugs and start blaming the lazy low life ****s who abuse them and use them as an excuse to be losers. With or without the shit they'll still be low lifes.
My idea of drug control is this. You do cocaine or heroin and have a regular job and function normally rock on. You do heroin or coke and get caught knockin over a liquor store or robbing a house or braking the law in anyw ay to support your habit you get 1 chance and only chance to rehabilitate and be released back into society. You **** up again and you are executed. But just like current drug control this idea would have some kind of flaw some humanitarian group would come in and say how ****ed it is and it would be abolished.

Sangster
05-19-2003, 05:47 PM
When was the last time you heard of someone that O.D. from Smoking Pot..Go to your local emergency room & ask them...As far as the theifing stuff..People that steal also smoke...Maybe if they quit buying cigarettes & alcohol (Legal taxable items) they wouldn't have to rip people off...Tax it all or make it all illegal....

hoolign
05-19-2003, 06:42 PM
just a stupid story
I'm from B.C and if any of you know anything about pot.B.C has had ,for many years either first or second place in the world at the Amsterdam ..pot challenge..it's some powerfull shit
anyways I had a girlfriend over and asked her if she wanted to smoke one,sure she said...about 10 min after she started freakin out,like i mean, out here like pluto,I did'nt know what was wrong with her so I figured I better take her to the hospital,while i got my coat and keys ,she dialed 911 then just hung up(i did'nt know this)i'm gettin ready to leave with her and BAM my condo door comes flyin open..I'm on the floor,there's more blue uniforms than a maytag repairman parade and guns everywhere(remember I'm stoned)they grab her,now she's really freakin,and haul her out,20 minutes later they come in ,undo my bracelets,and tell me the ambulance attendants said she's gonna be ok,she's just stoned!no shit, they took her to the hospital and let her out 1/2 hour later...
when I picked her up,she could'nt stop sayin sorry.Last joint I smoked with her!!
I just remembered this cause of sangsters comment.

Sangster
05-19-2003, 06:55 PM
I'm talkin' about it being the accual cause of death...Heard people can die from ingesting buds..But it would take a hell of a lot or a major alergic reaction to shut your system down...Brownie anyone... smile_sp smile_sp

Catmando
05-19-2003, 08:26 PM
hoolign:
just a stupid story
I'm from B.C and if any of you know anything about pot.B.C has had ,for many years either first or second place in the world at the Amsterdam ..pot challenge..it's some powerfull shit
anyways I had a girlfriend over and asked her if she wanted to smoke one,sure she said...about 10 min after she started freakin out,like i mean, out here like pluto,I did'nt know what was wrong with her so I figured I better take her to the hospital,while i got my coat and keys ,she dialed 911 then just hung up(i did'nt know this)i'm gettin ready to leave with her and BAM my condo door comes flyin open..I'm on the floor,there's more blue uniforms than a maytag repairman parade and guns everywhere(remember I'm stoned)they grab her,now she's really freakin,and haul her out,20 minutes later they come in ,undo my bracelets,and tell me the ambulance attendants said she's gonna be ok,she's just stoned!no shit, they took her to the hospital and let her out 1/2 hour later...
when I picked her up,she could'nt stop sayin sorry.Last joint I smoked with her!!
I just remembered this cause of sangsters comment. Let that happen down here and see what happens to you(not that you would). :mad: :mad:

hoolign
05-19-2003, 08:29 PM
nope...live and learn,what a way to kill a buzz :D

HighRoller
05-19-2003, 09:13 PM
I know what I said is extreme,but I often exagerrate to make my point.Ask any hardcore drug addict how they got started and usually the answer will be something like"I just started out smokin a little weed".Pot is what they call the"gateway"drug,it leads to more serious addictions.And yes,you are right about addicts.An addict will end up addicted to something eventually.No,people don't die from pot O.D.'s but that doesn't make it any less dangerous.Every joint you smoke is like inhaling 25 cigarettes as far as lung damage.Are you gonna sit here and tell me you wouldn't mind if 18yo kids could go to 7-11 and buy pot and get stoned out of their mind?Are you gonna tell your kids pot is no big deal?That they can get stoned everyday and it won't affect them?I personally don't know of any"stoners"who have accomplished great things with their minds.And once you legalize pot,believe me the same people will start the drive to legalize the next popular drug.Why not legalize cocaine if pot is legal?Some people like to just snort a couple lines after work,what's the problem?

hoolign
05-19-2003, 09:36 PM
I don't want to get into a discussion of the lesser of two evils,but if you've ever done coke,which by the way I have'nt touched in ten years or smoked a joint,you don't need to smoke another joint as with coke...they don't make grams!! the fact is chemicals are the downfall of society,coke,heroin,and now x, kids can get their hands on extacy easier than cigarettes,yes pot is harmfull to your system,I won't debate that,as for unproductive individuals,I've smoked for 15 years,am required to take very indepth tests on aptitude for my job,without recieving under 97% on any in 15 years, and there's 8 different tests every three years,so to put everyone into that catagory is unfair.
By no means am i condoning the criminals,I am infact stating that pot is more acceptable and should not be classed with the hard drugs available,nor should the pinishments be!

CA Stu
05-19-2003, 10:18 PM
Tough issue.
Pot makes a person apathetic right off the bat, and stupid with continuous use. smile_sp sleeping
Then again, no one ever got carjacked or axe murdered by a pothead.
I think it would be a good idea to decriminalize pot to the extent that alcohol is legal.
All pot does for me any more is make me sleep well. Unfortunately. :(
CA Stu <- getting old,I guess...

sorry dog
05-20-2003, 05:43 AM
Pot is an insidious drug.
It will turn an otherwise mild mannered computer geek into a raving gun toting maniac that will stalk women and teach your children to masterbate:
http://www.havasubarney.com/iB_html/uploads/post-46-07241-Tom_Brown_cleans_up_Moovalya.jpg
[ May 20, 2003, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: sorry dog ]

Seadog
05-20-2003, 06:03 AM
I only smoke pot occasionally. I'm not hooked.
She's almost 16, she is already a woman.
Beer just relaxes me. I don't get drunk.
Prostitution is the oldest profession, it doesn't hurt anyone.
I only owe a few thousand, it's not like I'm needing Gamblers Anonymous.
Hand me the ribs, I'll skip lunch tomorrow.
Famous lies. The charges are being finalized against a young man who, while huffing keyboard cleaner, hit a lane divider with his Bimmer and hit a couple and their grandson at window height in their Explorer. One dead, and serious injuries to the husband and grandchild. Their youngest daughter's graduation ruined. All for a buzz.
Everyone says this will not happen to me. I know that this is only a matter of luck one way or the other. If you use anything to take away your awareness of what is going on around you, you are inviting the accidents and the predators. You go to a party and get a light buzz. Someone may slip a little something in the mix. Some 14 year old girl may find more than she bargained for. Your wife/husband may get it on with someone else.
In my life, I have seen a lot of this. Luckily, I was only a social imbiber and did not have long lasting urges to continue the behavior. After seeing the effect it had on those around me, I got away from it. You do not have to be addicted to booze or drugs. You just need to like the party action or be hooked on the companionship. The first DUI, the first pot bust, etc. and you are marked. Your family, friends, employers will never see you as a responsible person ever again.
Our society is moving toward reducing the acceptance of drinking. It should not be opening up the doors on drugs. The argument that pot heads do not steal is false. They become lazy and stealing is the lazy man's way to get money. They are just not aggessive about it. Legalize it and have the feds tax it? It will just make it harder to determine the legal weed from the illegal weed. Booze and cigarette taxes are just incentives for bootleg liquor and black market smokes.
The demand for something to tickle the pleasure centers will always be there. A responsible society recognizes that we have a long ways to go to achieve a proper balance, but booze, sex and drugs are not the answer. Just as you cannot eat all the food you want without getting fat, you cannot indulge in the other vices without suffering long term problems.
The real pity is that the best things in life are when you live life in moderation. Do you want to experience you first child's words or footsteps thru the fog of drugs? Do you want teach your daughter math and history,or how to roll a doobie?

jafo
05-20-2003, 06:33 AM
[/qb][/QUOTE]Damn small world! :) That is so cool! Ever eat at the Lucky Snackbar on the way through? They had best gravy for their fries! Last boat ride I went on was out to Manitoulin from the Spanish dock. Manitoulin's beautiful. :) Have a wonderful trip! :D [/QB][/QUOTE]
:) We've hit the Lucky many times in the past, and really miss the home-made bread we used to be able to buy on the way outside of Spragge. (A lady used to bake it fresh every day and sell it by the highway).
It's like going home to me- there is no better place on earth than the North Channel and Manitoulin. Now if they could only learn how to fix 17- it's going to be a retirement road project for generations to come! ................ :rolleyes: :)

eliminatedsprinter
05-20-2003, 08:31 AM
Seadog, Highroller
I don't dispute any of your comments about the evils of pot. Other than the often stated "gateway drug" nonsense. Of course, any person who has got themselves into any hard core vice has sampled the lesser vices along the way. That is a smart sounding strawman argument that has no relevant logical application.
As a person who is not fond of pot, for me, this is a tough call.
I just happen to feel that when faced with a tough legal or social call I tend to want to err on the side of freedom.
I ask myself, If I caught my kid smoking pot would I kick his ass, or ground him for life etc.. or would I turn him over to our law enforcment and justice system? For my kid the last choice on earth I would consider for this problem would be our courts and jails.
I'm not much of a hypocrite, so if I wouldn't turn my own kid over to the legal system for trying pot, I just can't see supporting turning other peoples kids over to it for the same thing.
Seadog, I think I agree with you on about 99.9999% of the comments you have made on a variety of issues. But on this one I must disagree.
P.S. Not that it means anything, but I am a health care professional and I work with chemical dependancy pts on a daily basis as part of my job.
[ May 20, 2003, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

Tom Foolery
05-20-2003, 08:57 AM
I personally am for legalizing pot. The laws don't seem to make a difference on whether or not a person will smoke it. I just don't belive there is a group of scocity who is waiting to smoke pot once it becomes legal. Think of the revenues that could be generated if the government took over selling pot. That money could go toward education (where people could be educated about drugs & alcohol and then free to make their own decisions), enforcement of the laws to keep the harder drugs out and help pay for treatment of addicts.

theskiffs
05-20-2003, 09:35 AM
How would B.C. survive? Don't you know that B.C. bud is B.C.'s largest agricuture export product.And we trade it with the south.So ya see we just export it.We don't smoke it.As far as the taxes.When did gas taxes go to road maintance and not into general rev.So taxes is not the reason for legalising.And as far as addiction is conserned pot is not addicting I should know I've been smokin it for thirty years.

theskiffs
05-20-2003, 09:35 AM
How would B.C. survive? Don't you know that B.C. bud is B.C.'s largest agricuture export product.And we trade it with the south.So ya see we just export it.We don't smoke it.As far as the taxes.When did gas taxes go to road maintance and not into general rev.So taxes is not the reason for legalising.And as far as addiction is conserned pot is not addicting I should know I've been smokin it for thirty years.

stonehedge
05-20-2003, 10:20 AM
Very interesting topic, verdict still out with me on the legal issue. Might make it cheaper? Might not? Look at cig's. Little story. My sister had cancer, (not lung) and was going through chemo and had no hunger, got a perscription (legal, who knows) but anyways was smoking her last few months on earth, saw the cancer eat her alive, the pot helped. She didn't do weed prior. I don't have cancer, nor am I dying of anything, but it does have some value. For me its not medical, but for some it is. Wouldn't use the medical to push for my agenda, but it is a real issue, and a legal one as well.
[ May 20, 2003, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: stonehedge ]

Seadog
05-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Stonehedge, sorry to hear about your sister. I would not have much problem with the properties of weed being issued as a pharmacy delivered drug, but I cannot see a need for it to be smoked to get the benefits. I also would be against the issue of MJ for every little thing.
As for legalization, where do you stop. After the Civil War, there were many people hooked on morphine and other drugs. Remember Sherlock Holmes'7% solution? The world revolted against the proliferation of drugs and addicts. Think back to the opium wars in China. Our ancestors went thru much of this and found that the only long term solution was incarceration. It placed drug use in a criminal light and used disgrace to stop the young from getting involved.
Today, the criminal aspect is downplayed. It is now a medical case. Achoholics, pot heads and drug addicts are no longer the dregs of society, but victims of a disease. Smoking, overeating, gambling, sex addiction.....its all a medical problem. We should cure the poor victims. Unfortunately, they don't want to be cured.
We do need to rethink our policy for these addictions, but it should be along the lines that when a person is picked up for using a drug or achohol outside their home or similar location, the first violation is a one year probation with mandatory counseling. Violation #2 is mandatory one year in jail and loss of driving priviledges. Violation #3 is permanent lockup.
A noted author wrote in a book about a solution for the airline hijackings in the 70s. His position was that when a plane was hijacked, you blew it out of the air or hit it with extreme force on the ground. It was hard on the passengers, but it would make the terrorist give up hijacking planes.

stonehedge
05-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Yea, I think eating it was hard for her, because of the chemo. She didn't live long enough to get hooked. But like I said, not sure about making it legal, but I'm against folks using the medical crutch to push their agenda. But seeing my mom vote to make it legal for medical use was amazing, she is as far right as possible, and very religious, go figure. She saw her kid die, and nothing they gave her worked, but the weed? Maybe that changed her veiw? The weed didn't cure her, but it helped her eat and sustain life, for awhile. Makes you think.

eliminatedsprinter
05-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Not to change the subject, but I heard on the radio today that we are back under condition orange. The report said senior intel officials are saying we can expect a major terrorist attempt here in the U.S. sometime in the next 48hrs.

Catmando
05-20-2003, 03:12 PM
I smoked my first joint as a 19 year old soldier in France. I had been drinking alcohol for at least five years by then. Almost everybody I've talked to about this issue said they started drinking, then smoking pot. The idea that Marijuana is a "gateway" drug is a lie, perpetrated by the antidrug forces in this country.
Since 1983, Texas has built 17 prisons and ONE University. We incarcerate the second-highest percentage of our state population(behind California), and 85% of them are in for nonviolent drug offenses.
BTW, the Afghanistan poppy fields are back in operation. The Taliban had stopped the people from planting the Heroin plant. Yet we poison the Marijuana fields here and in South America.
Seadog, the ideas you advocate are the problem, not the solution. The drug war has been lost, in fact it was never winnable.
Here are the solutions to the "drug problem":
1.We need to take Marijuana off the Schedule 1 Narcotics list and legalize it.
2. We need to put the addictive narcotics under state control in clinics, where people can get their daily dose, and go through drug education and rehabilitation classes.
3. #2 will also have the added benefit of reducing crime, and #1 will allow the government to tax Marijuana.
4. With the legalization of Marijuana, our farmers can start growing hemp, which will save our forests and create new industries for Capitalist markets, spurring export growth in the garment industry and others.
5. These solutions will dramatically reduce the prison population, a good thing for sure.
6. They will also allow people to reclaim their lives and become productive members of society again.
Will these things happen? No. It would take a complete reeducation of the American people about drugs, and a visionary government administration to make it happen. But politicians with vision are an extinct species. The last one had the initials JFK.
[ May 20, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Catmando ]

hoolign
05-20-2003, 03:27 PM
seadog...you need to smoke a joint!
[ May 20, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: hoolign ]

hoolign
05-20-2003, 03:39 PM
stonehedge:
Very interesting topic, verdict still out with me on the legal issue. Might make it cheaper? Might not? Look at cig's. Little story. My sister had cancer, (not lung) and was going through chemo and had no hunger, got a perscription (legal, who knows) but anyways was smoking her last few months on earth, saw the cancer eat her alive, the pot helped. She didn't do weed prior. I don't have cancer, nor am I dying of anything, but it does have some value. For me its not medical, but for some it is. Wouldn't use the medical to push for my agenda, but it is a real issue, and a legal one as well. On the news today(yes seadog us druggies watch the news)Austrailia just announced they are going to use mediacal marijuana.

Catmando
05-20-2003, 04:49 PM
hoolign:
seadog...you need to smoke a joint! Word UP!

mickeyfinn
05-20-2003, 06:22 PM
Cat,
I don't think I have agreed with anything you have said in these forums, Just goes to show there is a first time for everything. It should definitely be legalized. Allow people to purchase it, allow the government to tax it. As far as saving our trees go it is a tremendous boost. It has been known for years that Hemp makes a much better quality paper at far less cost than paper made from trees. It has the added advantage of being an annual crop so it can be replanted every year. During my younger years we experimented with cloning fairly successfully so it is not inconceivable that replanting may not even be necessary. Simply clip the top and allow the rest of the plant to continue to grow. As for why it will never happen two words :Government Lobbies"
The alcohol lobby and the timber growing lobby will fight it to the death.

Catmando
05-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Finn that's the first thing you've said that I agree with YOU on, so we're even. argue :)

hoolign
05-20-2003, 07:25 PM
See doobies bring people together :D

FMluvswater
05-20-2003, 09:19 PM
jafo:
FMluvswaterbabe:
Damn small world! ... Ever eat at the Lucky Snackbar on the way through? ... Last boat ride I went on was out to Manitoulin from the Spanish dock. Manitoulin's beautiful.:) We've hit the Lucky many times in the past, and really miss the home-made bread we used to be able to buy on the way outside of Spragge. (A lady used to bake it fresh every day and sell it by the highway).
It's like going home to me- there is no better place on earth than the North Channel and Manitoulin. Now if they could only learn how to fix 17- it's going to be a retirement road project for generations to come! ................ :rolleyes: :) Yeah, the highwayside markets and vending get some pretty good business, I guess cuz they sell good quality stuff and news travels.
I was back there 2 and a half years ago when Jacob was 4 (my mom hadn't seen him since he was 10 months old). I only like it there in the summertime. Gorgeous summers on the North Shore. I miss that kind of sunshine ... sometimes. I love Vancouver too much to ever live elsewhere again, but I do like to go back and visit sometimes.
I'm not familiar with 17 west of Blind River too much but the stretch from BR to the Espanola turn off has always been in need of repair it seems. One of these years you should skip the highway hassle and launch straight from either St. Joseph's Island near the Sault or from Spanish wink . What you need a car for on Manitoulin Island anyway? :D It's amazing how much travel time you save by cutting across the Channel by boat to get to the Island. It's all the re-routing through Espanola that eats it up. :rolleyes: :)
Anyways, take care jafo. TTYL. :)

FMluvswater
05-20-2003, 09:30 PM
hoolign:
See doobies bring people together :D LMAO!!! :D

Sangster
05-21-2003, 05:19 AM
What's Better or for that matter Worse.....
1) Pot or Tobacco....
2) Pot or Alcohol...

HCS
05-21-2003, 05:21 AM
Sangster:
What's Better or for that matter Worse.....
1) Pot or Tobacco....
2) Pot or Alcohol... Pot's better. :D

eliminatedsprinter
05-21-2003, 07:33 AM
Some interesting history. The movement to ban MJ and Hemp in the U.S. was lead by William Randolpf Hearst and promoted heavily in all Hearst publications and productions. He started this crusade right after he cornered the market and got the patents etc for the wood pulp paper process. :rolleyes:
P.S. The Delaration of Independence and The U.S. Constitution were both written on hemp paper. It's much more durable than wood pulp paper.
[ May 21, 2003, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

Catmando
05-21-2003, 02:52 PM
eliminatedsprinter:
Some interesting history. The movement to ban MJ and Hemp in the U.S. was lead by William Randolpf Hearst and promoted heavily in all Hearst publications and productions. He started this crusade right after he cornered the market and got the patents etc for the wood pulp paper process. :rolleyes:
P.S. The Delaration of Independence and The U.S. Constitution were both written on hemp paper. It's much more durable than wood pulp paper. Word UP, dude. :) Got your subscription to High Times? wink :D