PDA

View Full Version : Curious

Foss75
03-12-2003, 06:04 PM
Isn't it kind of strange that a magazine, who is owned by a publisher that built his company on First Ammendment Rights, locks posts on these forums? I think it's kind of weird that a magazine owned by Larry Flynt, a man who took a bullett for his First Ammendment Rights, will not allow a thread to run it's natural course.
Just my .02!

twistedpair
03-12-2003, 06:27 PM
You can beat a dead horse for only so long.........
Besides, I think you got your point across, let it go.

JetBoatRich
03-12-2003, 06:49 PM
Got jerky from that horse :confused:

LUVNLIFE
03-12-2003, 07:14 PM
I salute Larry Flynt but he probably doesn't want to have to take another bullet. wink

rivercrazy
03-13-2003, 08:44 AM
twistedpair:
You can beat a dead horse for only so long.........
Besides, I think you got your point across, let it go. Yup. Gotta agree

hd&boatrider
03-13-2003, 09:38 AM
Here we go again....pass the popcorn please! eek!

HOSS
03-13-2003, 10:00 AM
Exactly what Dave said. :p

mbrown2
03-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Well said Dave, Buying a boat is like playing cribbage...if you cannot count all the points at the end of the hand (ie: you miss the details), well you don't get the points.

The Duke
03-13-2003, 10:25 AM
RiverDave:
Ya know I wasn't going to post this, but F it..
Now as much as I don't want to open another can of worms there's just something I feel I have to say.
I'm not a fan of Cobra Boats, and I'm not a real big fan of Jeff himself to be perfectly honest..
It does sound to me like you were taken advantage of (originally) by Cobra boats, with the low quality jet / diverter etc..
Realistically though, the only reason that they were able to put that junk in the boat is becuase YOU DIDN'T DO YOUR HOMEWORK. If your really naive enough to believe that somethings the best just becuase a sales man (and I'm in sales) on the showroom floor tells you that then I'm sorry but you kinda got what you deserved.
Your original posts, were to the effect of you bought Pump A, and when you picked up the boat Pump B was in it. As it turns out (according to Jeff, which this part I'm inclined to believe) your initials are sitting on a contract right next to the hardware that YOU ORDERED..
While I sympathize with you about being tricked into buying it, there's no question that you knew the brands you were buying. You just didn't know it was junk at the time of purchase..
Even after all of that, YOU STILL DON'T DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Instead of replacing the junk with better parts you just want to go faster.. So with that you have them take the hook out of your hull.
I don't suppose that it ever occurred to you that the hook might be in the hull for a reason? (Granted I don't think there's suppose to be as much as you described, but I know there was originally some designed into that hull)
I have a hunch that later down the road your probably going to run into a whole bunch of problems becuase of that decision, but you can cross that bridge when you come to it.
If I remember correctly you have a 454 Jet.. If your really running 58mph (regardless of what Cobra told you) that's really not that bad..
RD Cowboy, I second that.
Foss, you're a foolish man who makes foolish desisions. You complain so much that I'd bet the ponderosa you're a flaming Democrat who loves to take advantage of the system. You probably sell your food stamps to pay for crack.
If you think you have a case, hire someone from the scumbag Trevor Law Group to extort compensation for you. You'd be a perfect match.
Adios amigo,
The Duke

HOSS
03-13-2003, 07:38 PM
Yeah, like Barretta!

Infomaniac
03-13-2003, 07:48 PM
Foss75:
Isn't it kind of strange that a magazine, who is owned by a publisher that built his company on First Ammendment Rights, locks posts on these forums? I think it's kind of weird that a magazine owned by Larry Flynt, a man who took a bullett for his First Ammendment Rights.If you don't learn from your past you must be pretty ****in stupid. You need make sure the hill you are trying to take is worth getting killed on.
[ March 13, 2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Foss75
03-13-2003, 08:00 PM
You guys jump all over me when I post my opinion. Whether you like my opinion or not, it is only my opinion. I just think it kind of sucks that the thread is locked because now I will not be able to get an answer from Jeff until the court date. I was only hoping that this could be resolved before that day came. The court date is already set, so oh well! In any case, you can take shots at me all you want, none of you know me personally, so who gives a shit.

Infomaniac
03-13-2003, 08:04 PM
My post was not directed personally like some of them.
My post was directed at a statement.

Rexone
03-13-2003, 08:06 PM
Jeff's not restricted in any way that I know of from answering you or responding to your concerns if he so chooses. Only that thread is locked (and no I didn't lock it). This one isn't and he's free to start his own as well. So what's all the shiznit about. You've made your point (many times now), he's obviously not going to banter with you about it, I'd say time to move on and stop beating a dead horse.

Foss75
03-13-2003, 08:07 PM
What is wrong with the statement, other than the fact that some don't like it?

rivercrazy
03-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Maybe you should deal direct and off the board on this topic Foss. We cannot help you.
Also, the only comments you've ever made on this board are anti Cobra. Perhaps if you would have been more involved in the daily activities round these parts, we wouldn't have all jumped on ya. But again all the anti Cobra comments make ya seem like your snivelin a bit

HCS
03-13-2003, 09:49 PM
hd&boatrider:
Here we go again....pass the popcorn please! eek! Ya, I think I'll go for the popcorn too. Here want some?.
http://boatsnbabes.com/boatingbabes/bikini04/images/bikini312.jpg

beyondhelpin
03-13-2003, 11:50 PM
RiverDave
I agree with everything you said except "got what you deserved". Not doing your homework or lack of knowledge should not mean you are going to get screwed if that is indeed what happened. Although that is what happens far to often.

Hallett19
03-14-2003, 12:15 AM
whats ***boat ?

Seadog
03-14-2003, 06:22 AM
One or two posts to tell your story, OK. Answering a question with a brief "this happened to me", OK. Talking about one subject to the exclusion of all others with the same negative attitude is mega whining.

superdave013
03-14-2003, 09:26 AM
http://www.sdplastics.com/dedhorse.gif