PDA

View Full Version : fucking mad

BlownForce 29
06-23-2003, 09:45 PM
had to pull of my window tint today cause i got pulled over by a chp in the city of tustin and did not do anything. he was going the oposite way and made a u turn then pulled me over and wrote me a fix it ticket for front license plate and tint.

Rexone
06-23-2003, 09:51 PM
been there on the chp tint dealio, had to remove stock tint from the front and then put it back... sux. never tried the no front plate deal, too many cameras and cops don't dig that here either.
[ June 23, 2003, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

bigq
06-23-2003, 09:54 PM
Why are you mad your suppose to have a front license plate and no tint on the front windows, at least that's what they told me the two times iv'e gotten tickets for the same thing. wink

HCS
06-23-2003, 09:58 PM
What you need to do is ruin your vehicle.
Drill holes in your front bumper and mount a licence plate.
Break out your windows and put in clear ones.
Then they'll find some other half ass reason to pull you over.

little rowe boat
06-23-2003, 10:04 PM
We all know it's the law here in Ca.So when we tint our windows we know we are throwing the dice and even then it's just a matter of time until we get popped for it. I don't tint my windows anymore it's too much of a hassle when you do get cited for it. devil

rrrr
06-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Pfffffft, old guy makes an appearance to preach to the young and stupid.....
Pretty easy to avoid this problem.... put a plate on the front of the car and make sure your tint is legal. In TX the installer has to sammich a sticker beteeen the tint and the window stating that the car complies with state law.
If you receive a ticky for "front license plate and tint" it means you are a dumbazz trying to look cool and the cops saw you as easy money.....
Quit bitchin' and comply with the law, it's real simple...
[ June 23, 2003, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: rrrr ]

MagicMtnDan
06-23-2003, 10:52 PM
rrrr:
If you receive a ticky for "front license plate and tint" it means you are a dumbazz trying to look cool and the cops saw you as easy money.....
Quit bitchin' and comply with the law, it's real simple... Dude, that's harsh! Just because you're a know-it-all and don't ever break the law - and your vehicles meet every frickin' code in the book - doesn't mean somebody should be happy about getting a PITA ticket from a cop who should be spending time on other more important things.
Keep up the "don't break the law if you don't want a ticket" stuff - everybody likes that level of compassion argue

novaguy
06-23-2003, 11:42 PM
Sorry to hear that, sounds like prety chicken shit of him. The only reason I could think of to cite a hard working taxpayer is if you had an attitude.

locogringo
06-23-2003, 11:48 PM
rrrr:
Pfffffft, old guy makes an appearance to preach to the young and stupid.....
Pretty easy to avoid this problem.... put a plate on the front of the car and make sure your tint is legal. In TX the installer has to sammich a sticker beteeen the tint and the window stating that the car complies with state law.
Quit bitchin' and comply with the law, it's real simple... Clown talking...
Get to know a friend who's a cop. They'll sign it off for you every time.

locogringo
06-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Oh, you're from Plano. That explains it!

Ms Clown Puncher
06-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Hey, I didn't say a word about this eek! :p eek!
[ June 24, 2003, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Ms Clown Puncher ]

Ms Clown Puncher
06-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Dang. He told me I'd double post, sorry
[ June 24, 2003, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Ms Clown Puncher ]

locogringo
06-23-2003, 11:54 PM
Ms Clown Puncher:
Hey, I didn't say a word about this eek! :p eek! [/QB][/QUOTE]
LOL. I wasn't referring to you. Meant by this guy is talking out of his ass and looking like a fool.

vdrivenman
06-24-2003, 03:29 AM
Like it or not thats that the laws are for.By having too dark tint & no front license plate you have given the officer probable cause to stop you, which can lead to more problems.
it is just like running your boat with o/t's and no mufflers. Once you've given them a legitimate reason to stop you, you are at their mercy.
So the best way to avoid conflict is to comply with the laws and not give them a reason to stop you at all. with the new dwi standards and open container laws in our state, your R SCREWED !!
did the CHP use a meter or some measuring device to determine that the tint was too dark >> or was it placed on the front windshield?
i domy best to keep everything current (inspection, tags, lights,) to avoid getting stopped and if you think that being a police officer makes any difference in being ticketed or not, WRONG, these young bucks will write u no matter what !

Boozer
06-24-2003, 06:05 AM
vdrivenman:
Like it or not thats that the laws are for.By having too dark tint & no front license plate you have given the officer probable cause to stop you, which can lead to more problems.
it is just like running your boat with o/t's and no mufflers. Once you've given them a legitimate reason to stop you, you are at their mercy.
So the best way to avoid conflict is to comply with the laws and not give them a reason to stop you at all. with the new dwi standards and open container laws in our state, your R SCREWED !!
did the CHP use a meter or some measuring device to determine that the tint was too dark >> or was it placed on the front windshield?
i domy best to keep everything current (inspection, tags, lights,) to avoid getting stopped and if you think that being a police officer makes any difference in being ticketed or not, WRONG, these young bucks will write u no matter what ! That's ****ed! They would seriously give you a ticket??? What's their incentive to doing so? Let me guess they give you a ticket and lecture you on how you should be setting the example and how they are dissapointed in your actions because you of all people should know better then to speed and what not.
Cops giving cops tickets what a fawkin sham. If that's really the case then there is not much of an incentive to being a police officer nowadays.

Essex502
06-24-2003, 06:09 AM
Been there and done that...just look at it as the cost of being cool.

HavasuDreamin'
06-24-2003, 06:12 AM
vdrivenman:
if you think that being a police officer makes any difference in being ticketed or not, WRONG, these young bucks will write u no matter what ! I don't buy that. Maybe every once in a while you will get a kid who doesn't give a sh^t, but most of the time, you get out of them. I know because I have a close family relative who has gotten out of numerous tickets. :cool:
Oh and by the way, here in Indy you can have your side windows tinted as dark as you want. Cops don't like it, but side tint is not breaking the law.........nor is "no front license plate." :)
[ June 24, 2003, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

U-Haul
06-24-2003, 06:15 AM
I got popped for no front license plate and in the process of writing the ticket the officer told me it was because of the new cameras at the intersections. I asked him if that is the case then why don't motorcycles have to have a front plate or are they just allowed to run the light with no fear of receiving a ticket. He then got all pissed of and never answered my question. I guess I should stick to water where you don't need a front plate, hell you don't even need a license.

rrrr
06-24-2003, 06:25 AM
locogringo:
Hey, I didn't say a word about this eek! :p eek! LOL. I wasn't referring to you. Meant by this guy is talking out of his ass and looking like a fool. Whatever. Looking like a fool 'cause I don't give a shit if you aren't complying with the law? How can you bitch about getting a ticket? It's like whining because you got pulled over for running a red light. Grow up.
Don't give the cops shit because they're doing their job.
[ June 24, 2003, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: rrrr ]

Fufu Queen
06-24-2003, 08:25 AM
I got a ticket for that also about 2 years ago. I played the stupid chick move, "I didn’t know this is how I bought it" (NOT) So I had to have it taken off then had to take it to the Sheriff station to get it signed off on, well I pulled into the parking lot and what do you think I saw but ever COP'S car had tint on the front windows. I asked why that was and the Officer said it all depends on the cop that pulled you over, I told them I did not think it was fair. You know what he said to me then, well he probably wanted to see the blond driving. What a bunch of Crap. Anyway's after he signed off on it I drove right back to the place that took it off and had them put it back on, I was leaving for the river in the morning. Just like all of us they have a job to do, it's just that their job interferes with our lives much more than ours interfere with theirs. I also can’t tell you how many times I got a warning for no front license plate.

Fufu Queen
06-24-2003, 08:28 AM
rrrr:
locogringo:
Hey, I didn't say a word about this eek! :p eek! LOL. I wasn't referring to you. Meant by this guy is talking out of his ass and looking like a fool. Whatever. Looking like a fool 'cause I don't give a shit if you aren't complying with the law? How can you bitch about getting a ticket? It's like whining because you got pulled over for running a red light. Grow up.
Don't give the cops shit because they're doing their job. WOW you sound bitter.

Ian
06-24-2003, 08:56 AM
You know what's funny; I was a police cadet when I was younger and I can't tell you how many cops I knew with dark windows, no front plate, lifted trucks, modified exhaust, etc... Also when we went to Dodger games what do you think they were all doing in the car, drinking!!! Cops don't write other cops tickets and cops don't follow all the rules, period! That's just the benefit of getting under paid to do a dangerous job. I could possibly believe a CHiPy writing a cop.

Roland the Fisherman
06-24-2003, 09:02 AM
One of the funniest things I ever saw was when my brother in-law, a LA County Sheriff and I were on our way to Parker on interstate 10 when a CHP pulled us over for 68 in a 55 (back in the old days when the whole USA was 55).
The CHP walks up and asks for the license and reg. My in-law complies and also flashes his badge. The CHP says "thats nice, I've got one too" and points to his badge, then smerks, takes the license and reg. and walks back to his car and writes the ticket. 68mph in a 55mph.
When he returns for the signature my brother-in-law calmly asks the CHP for his name and badge #. The CHP smerks and asks "what are you going to do, report me to my supervisor"? My brother-in-law calmly replys "of course not, that would be silly, however I must pull over every month 3 or 4 of your fellow officers, and when I do I will site them and as I hand them the ticket I will also give them your name and badge number with your compliments.
The look on the CHP's face was priceless.

Moneypitt
06-24-2003, 09:16 AM
I don't worry about the front plate and tint problems, as they don't affect me at all.(I'm a "probable cause" kinda guy) What does worry me is the talk I'm hearing about "Over the tops" and mufflers. Is this turning into a problem all over or just in a few states, at a few chosen lakes/rivers? I guess I'm outa touch on this subject, I still refuse to run Long Beach Marine Statium because of the muffler requirements on any of the inboard classes, but was unaware of any rush by other places to enforce bullshit noise regulations. Please enlighten me ......................Moneypitt

GBLASER
06-24-2003, 09:27 AM
We all know that the tint is against the law...but come on how many cops have their windows tinted and no license plate on the front? I also know of some department cars that also have all the windows tinted. A cop that pulls over a family car with tinted windows is pretty petty. We all know the law but come on.... how many people have passed us all, in the #3 lane pulling a trailer, or a couple of imports playing fast a furious on the fwy. Oh by the way my dad retired from the CHP and my Brother is still one so I do not hate the cops.

BlownForce 29
06-24-2003, 09:31 AM
i agree with you essex502

Charley
06-24-2003, 09:32 AM
I don't know if it's true but someone told me that the law reads you must have 2 lic plates on your car, and Iv'e heard you can sandwich-stack 2 plates on the rear and still be legal....any cops here know if thats true?

HavasuDreamin'
06-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Roland the Fisherman:
When he returns for the signature my brother-in-law calmly asks the CHP for his name and badge #. The CHP smerks and asks "what are you going to do, report me to my supervisor"? My brother-in-law calmly replys "of course not, that would be silly, however I must pull over every month 3 or 4 of your fellow officers, and when I do I will site them and as I hand them the ticket I will also give them your name and badge number with your compliments.
The look on the CHP's face was priceless. So did he get a ticket, or did the cop think better of it?

Essex502
06-24-2003, 09:47 AM
Ian:
You know what's funny; I was a police cadet when I was younger and I can't tell you how many cops I knew with dark windows, no front plate, lifted trucks, modified exhaust, etc... Also when we went to Dodger games what do you think they were all doing in the car, drinking!!! Cops don't write other cops tickets and cops don't follow all the rules, period! That's just the benefit of getting under paid to do a dangerous job. I could possibly believe a CHiPy writing a cop. They call that "reciprocity"! Sometimes extended to fire fighters as well.

LHC30Victory
06-24-2003, 10:07 AM
Sorry to hear all the "anti-cop" tones out there and some are well deserved. I know that the issue of cops having illegal tint/no front plate etc does occur but at many stations/ departments it is not tolerated and administrative sanctions are levied.
The front plate thing is always a warning for me cause you never know when i need a reason to "speak to someone" :D
The tint on the otherhand has been a factor in many collisions I have investigated and ANY film (tinted or clear) placed on the forward side windows will, at one time or another, cause false visions. Kinda like a reflective mirror thing. The tinting also keeps other drivers from seeing wether or not you see them at intersections.
OK, so most of the time it makes no difference but how many accidents do you get involved in? Once is more than acceptable to me.

=PAYED CA$H=
06-24-2003, 10:18 AM
CHARLEY,
I HEARD THAT WAS TRUE ONLY I STACKED THEM AND PUT THEM BEHIND MY SEAT.........SO I STILL GOT THE TICKET.......... :D

rrrr
06-24-2003, 10:47 AM
Most states have their motor vehicles codes posted online...
(from the California Vehicle Code)
Display of License Plates
5200. When two license plates are issued by the department for a vehicle, they shall be attached to the vehicle for which they were issued, one in the front and the other in the rear. When one license plate is issued for use upon a vehicle, it shall be attached to the rear thereof.
Web page (http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc5200.htm)

Seadog
06-24-2003, 11:21 AM
There are good cops and bad cops. The more idiots bad mouth and mistreat cops, the good cops will have a tendency to find better work and the bad cops are stuck there. As far as I'm concerned any cop that expects priveledge treatment or makes threats when caught, is a bad cop. If you have tint appled to a car, it is up to you to make sure that it complies with the regulations. When it is done, have a copy of the specs and shop work order in the vehicle. If the cop gives a ticket, then take it to the judge and it will be thrown out. As for the license plate, no alibis are allowed if you are a CA resident.

Ian
06-24-2003, 11:24 AM
I hope my post wasn't misunderstood as anti-cop, because I have nothing but respect for cops

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-24-2003, 11:33 AM
We are from calif. and we were going through Bullhead city arizona. A police officer pulled me over for speeding(20 miles over limit) no mud flaps and no front lic.plate but he let me go I think it just depends on the persons attitude that is driving and the attitude of the officer. If you know it is wrong then you are the only one who can change the out come of anything. I am sorry to hear you got a ticket. But now that you know it is wrong it is up to you to change it.Just my 2 cents worth. :D

Roland the Fisherman
06-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Havasu D, OOOOOh yah,he got the ticket!
Four winns, I do like cops as well. It was just kind'a funny to watch the two have a battle of wits.
I understand the reason most cops do'nt like window tint is because it obscures the view of the driver when the cop approches the car from the rear. If they had there way all tinting would be gone.
Remember, cops are picked out of the general population, and the general population has its share of assholes in it. A few will always get past the "screening process. :)

THATJEFFGUY
06-24-2003, 02:32 PM
C'mon guys...get creative ! Have a friend that's in law enforcement, add his name to the 2nd line of your vehicle registration, then register your plates as "confidential". When the CHP gets behind you he'll run your plate..see the "CONFIDENTIAL - SBSO (or whatever agency)" and probably won't even bother you. OR...just sign the ticket off yourself ! You don't think the courts have the manpower to physically check each mechanical violation do you ? It's worked for years !

78Eliminator
06-24-2003, 02:35 PM
BlownForce 29:
had to pull of my window tint today cause i got pulled over by a chp in the city of tustin and did not do anything. he was going the oposite way and made a u turn then pulled me over and wrote me a fix it ticket for front license plate and tint. I copied the signed off ticket last time this happened. Now I have the cops badge number and signature. Next time I need to get a fix it ticket signed, it's just a matter of copying the badge number and signature. Done deal and I get to keep my tint.

78Eliminator
06-24-2003, 02:39 PM
Roland the Fisherman:
I understand the reason most cops do'nt like window tint is because it obscures the view of the driver when the cop approches the car from the rear. If they had there way all tinting would be gone.Well, I'm keeping my tint. And if I want to point my 12 gauge duece goose at the cop on the other side of my tint, it's the risk he takes being a cop. Tint doesn't mean shit. If I wanted to smoke a cop, I would spin around and have so many bullits in him before he even got his gun out of the holster. The only way a cop is going to be safe is if he walks up to you with his gun out and pointed at your head, which I'm sure is right around the corner with the government we have right now...
[ June 24, 2003, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

Ziggy
06-24-2003, 02:55 PM
If only you could ask the cop who was shot here in Oceanside recently if having tint is a problem....I'm sure his surviving family would say YES.
Regular stop for a driving infraction cost this man his life because he couldn't see the drivers moves within the car.(RIP)
Thats the whole reason for no tint on front doors in California...nothing else. Although there is one shade of legal tint(barely visable) which is mostly just to save the interior from UV.
The law is the law, break it and pay the piper then go on with life

78Eliminator
06-24-2003, 02:59 PM
Ziggy:
The law is the law, break it and pay the piper then go on with life I don't believe in laws that punish the innocent.

bohica
06-24-2003, 03:26 PM
I just got one of them tinted window tickets from the CHP last month. The screwed part about it now is that you can no longer just have the ticket signed off by another officer. You have to go to a CHP inspection station and get the ticket stamped by them. I remember the was a CHP officer that would wait at the gas station in Desert Center and give tinted window tickets to all the cars that rolled in. That guy was a prick.

NastyOne
06-24-2003, 03:39 PM
How about this... I painted the ****in' plate on my truck (solid) to match the truck. The only thing on it is a chrome "California". I also have tinted windows. I have gotten pulled over so many times for doing realy stupid shit, and not once have they said a word about it. :confused:

bear down
06-24-2003, 03:49 PM
Roland the Fisherman:
One of the funniest things I ever saw was when my brother in-law, a LA County Sheriff and I were on our way to Parker on interstate 10 when a CHP pulled us over for 68 in a 55 (back in the old days when the whole USA was 55).
The CHP walks up and asks for the license and reg. My in-law complies and also flashes his badge. The CHP says "thats nice, I've got one too" and points to his badge, then smerks, takes the license and reg. and walks back to his car and writes the ticket. 68mph in a 55mph.
The look on the CHP's face was priceless. It's funny that you have a story like this...My whole family is strong in Law Enforcement...LAPD, LASD, D.A. Internal Affairs......and all of them have come to the same conclusion that CHiPy's will ticket their own family members. They always mention that they are never safe with CHP and even more so the further away you are from you home department.

Raskal
06-24-2003, 04:14 PM
my wife was driving my truck and she got pulled over and for the same thing by a chp and he was behind her and never got on the side .i do not mind the ticket but he was such a ass hole to her about it he told her that he was going to do a inspection and find anything to wright up .and the tint even with a correction is $70.00 to get singed off .ohwell like many of you said the price to look cool :D

infotraker
06-24-2003, 04:34 PM
I have a 85 Vette and no front plate, never had one since 85. Most Vettes do not have front plates and cops don't seem to bother us. Just lucky so far I guess !

LHC30Victory
06-24-2003, 05:30 PM
78Eliminator:
BlownForce 29:
had to pull of my window tint today cause i got pulled over by a chp in the city of tustin and did not do anything. he was going the oposite way and made a u turn then pulled me over and wrote me a fix it ticket for front license plate and tint. I copied the signed off ticket last time this happened. Now I have the cops badge number and signature. Next time I need to get a fix it ticket signed, it's just a matter of copying the badge number and signature. Done deal and I get to keep my tint. Now we know why those damn cops write these chicken S#$t tinted window tickets! ITS ENTRAPMENT! See how quickly they snared ol' 78 into a felony (forgery) from a simple, no nothing ticket. eek!

rrrr
06-24-2003, 08:24 PM
Yeah, and judging from his other posts today he has suddenly turned into a psycopathic, paranoid, hardened criminal.
All because of the desire to keep his car a bit cooler in the summer....
Man, life can be hard sometimes. jawdrop

rvrkaosI
06-24-2003, 09:07 PM
BlownForce 29:
had to pull of my window tint today cause i got pulled over by a chp in the city of tustin and did not do anything. he was going the oposite way and made a u turn then pulled me over and wrote me a fix it ticket for front license plate and tint. Ain't that a bitch! It worked for me, scrape only one side off, and roll the other window down for a check off. When you go too write it off though, go on a 100 degree day, the officer will likely want to go outside.
It worked for me once......

Starloans
06-24-2003, 09:16 PM
NastyOne:
How about this... I painted the ****in' plate on my truck (solid) to match the truck. The only thing on it is a chrome "California". I also have tinted windows. I have gotten pulled over so many times for doing realy stupid shit, and not once have they said a word about it. :confused: So what do think is worse?
Getting pulled over for tint?
Getting pulled over for plate?
Getting pulled over for wheels sticking out beyond the fender wells with no mud flaps?
OR
gettin pulled over for all 3 :D
Got pulled over last week for no mud flaps here in Escondildo.
Didn't say shit about tint or no plate. No ticket. Just smart ass cop telling me if he sees me in a couple of days with no flaps he's gonna cite.
Saw him today coming home from work. I was driving the beemr. No plate and tint on the front windows. Didn't even look at me.
I did a ride along with my ex roommate whos a cop in Albany, OR back in Feb. When they get bored, they look for shit to do. wink

locogringo
06-24-2003, 10:19 PM
rrrr:
locogringo:
Don't give the cops shit because they're doing their job. My statement about you sounded a little crude, granted, but I wasn't the one who got the ticket or got pulled over, I was jsut making an astute observation. I don't get these types of tickets because I know fellow officers who understand that for the most part there are more important things than citing for window tint.
Also, I know that cops are human also and I try to treat them as such.
Daniel

rrrr
06-25-2003, 05:34 AM
And sorry for the dickheaded reply. I wasn't my normal sunny self that day. :D

Laveyman
06-25-2003, 08:37 AM
On my department we have discovered the TRUE definition of what C.H.P. stands for...
C an't H andle P olicework
And that's why thy became AAA Officers with a gun and not REAL COPS. You won't see too many tinted window or front plate tickets from a city cop or County Sheriff. They're just good probable cause to stop and chat with folks. And if I give them a ticket for it this week, they'll fix it. Then what can I pull them over for next week when I really need to be stopping them?

eliminatedsprinter
06-25-2003, 09:25 AM
I've noticed a lot of people from outside Ca have made comments asking why not just obey the laws?
What they don't understand is that Ca in now one of the most hyper-regulated places in the history of the planet. There are so many laws and many of them are so vague, that it is virtually impossible to do anything without breaking some.
For example did you know that in L.A. county, just a few years ago, for a kid to legally catch a Lizard (any commen non-endangerd type) 2 permits with a cost totaling over $100 would be required. Also virtually everone out here with a pet Iguana, or Boa, etc is breaking the law.
[ June 25, 2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

Havasu_Dreamin
06-25-2003, 09:43 AM
locogringo:
Get to know a friend who's a cop. They'll sign it off for you every time. My understanding is that the CHP will not accept a fix it ticket signed off by another agency. Arcadia PD does the same thing.
As far as getting mad over getting a ticket for window tint and no front plate, get over it, you were breaking the law. And yes, I do have window tint, way beyond the legal limit, and no front plate so I'm not getting up on a soapbox and talking out of school. The CHP are sticklers for this type of stuff.

LHC30Victory
06-25-2003, 09:49 AM
Havasu_Dreamin:
locogringo:
Get to know a friend who's a cop. They'll sign it off for you every time. My understanding is that the CHP will not accept a fix it ticket signed off by another agency. Arcadia PD does the same thing.
As far as getting mad over getting a ticket for window tint and no front plate, get over it, you were breaking the law. And yes, I do have window tint, way beyond the legal limit, and no front plate so I'm not getting up on a soapbox and talking out of school. The CHP are sticklers for this type of stuff. It's the court that may not accept it, not any agency, they just write the ticket, the court dispo's it! But all of the courts that I deal with require a stamp in addition to the officer's signature and ID just because of those who thought they could get away with forgery. boxed

sorry dog
06-25-2003, 10:13 AM
I guess I better not ever drive out there.
Sounds like if I take my emmissions spewing, no front plate, tinted window, back windowed gun rack, no trailer tag Alabama truck over there I'll be in for a body cavity search.

Laveyman
06-25-2003, 10:15 AM
sorry dog:
Sounds like if I take my emmissions spewing, no front plate, tinted window, back windowed gun rack, no trailer tag Alabama truck over there I'll be in for a body cavity search. You'd be a car stop just looking for a place to happen!

eliminatedsprinter
06-25-2003, 12:00 PM
sorry dog:
Sounds like if I take my emmissions spewing, no front plate, tinted window, back windowed gun rack, no trailer tag Alabama truck over there I'll be in for a body cavity search. Did you ever see the last part of The Blues Brothers Movie?

sorry dog
06-25-2003, 06:15 PM
yup - saw that. My cars looks kinda like that one except one has blocks under it. (I had to use the jackstands under the truck.)
Hell - round here you can drive around at 8 years old as long as it's on a tracter.
Hey Roland - I gave you 5 since a fisherman as good as you should have 5 stars. You can come fish my pond anytime.

HighRoller
06-25-2003, 08:37 PM
Shyttttt.I can beat all that noise.I was cruisin in my semi just west of Amarillo Texas when out of nowhere comes the state patrol pickup with lights-a-blazin.He hops out and puts the guage on my side windows,which have 35% tint on them and asks me to bring my logbook,registration and license over to his truck.While I'm gathering my stuff he does a walk around of my rig.He shows me that EVEN THOUGH the the tint is legal in Texas and also in Oklahoma(where it was installed)and Nevada(where I live)the federal DOT law says it's not legal.So he writes me a 255 dollar ticket.By comparison being overweight by 4000lbs is only 170 dollars.Bullshyt eh?No stipulation about removing the tint,they just want the money!!Then this guy wants to make smalltalk and even tells me next time I come through he'll buy me a cup of coffee!!!Dude must have been a fag..All this is just to show you guys that it could be worse!!!!When we run into a prick officer on the road it costs us big dollars!!!

Roland the Fisherman
06-26-2003, 07:05 AM
78Eliminator:
Roland the Fisherman:
I understand the reason most cops do'nt like window tint is because it obscures the view of the driver when the cop approches the car from the rear. If they had there way all tinting would be gone.Well, I'm keeping my tint. And if I want to point my 12 gauge duece goose at the cop on the other side of my tint, it's the risk he takes being a cop. Tint doesn't mean shit. If I wanted to smoke a cop, I would spin around and have so many bullits in him before he even got his gun out of the holster. The only way a cop is going to be safe is if he walks up to you with his gun out and pointed at your head, which I'm sure is right around the corner with the government we have right now... Wow! That is a bit harsh. I have a idea, Why do'nt you go to a PD in a bad area and request a night time ride along. (You will find alot of the departments welcome it)....Have a few doughnuts, cup of coffee, (it's a must) then approuch a few cars in the early AM after a stop and see if you still feel the same way. I did it and was blown away how eerie a feeling it was. And if you can't even see who or what is in the car? No thanks, I will stick to my day job.
I think you will find most cops, given not all, are good people who want to a good job, and then go home to their families and friends. :)
[ June 26, 2003, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Roland the Fisherman ]

TANG-INATOR
06-26-2003, 07:58 AM
TRUE, FROM A POLICE OFFICERS PERSPECTIVE I DONT THINK I WOULD WANT WINDOW TINT ON VEHICLES NEITHER. BUT IM NOT. AND WE ALL TEND TO BAKE IN THE HEAT.
BEST ADVICE, WHICH I THINK I WILL ALSO TAKE AS I ALSO RECENTLY REMOVED MY TINT TOO, IS RE TINT THEM. AND ITS ALWAYS AND IT SURE SEEMS LIKE ALWAYS THAT IT IS THE CHP OR HIGHWAY PATROLS THAT GET YOU FOR THAT STUFF. JUST ROLL YOUR WINDOWS DOWN WHEN YOUR ON THE FREEWAY!!!!!
REASON THE HIGHWAY PATROLS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT WILL GET YOU FOR IT...IS THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BETTER TO DO ON THOSE FREEWAYS. THEY ARE SIMPLY TRAFFIC. THEY THINK THEY ARE REAL COPS BUT THEY ARE NOT. TICKETING US FOR TINT AND OTHER STUPID SH*T COMPENSATES FOR THEM BEING GIRSCOUT/CALTRANS OFFSPRING....I THINK I HAVE ISSUES WITH THEM! devil