PDA

View Full Version : Shitter Question...........

NastyOne
10-03-2003, 12:08 PM
This has been bothering me for a long time and I need some solid answers!
How come every day I go into the shitter at work, the water in the bowl is at a diifferent level :confused:
Some days high.... same days really low.
What the hell is going on under there.
Thanks for the info.

Blown 472
10-03-2003, 12:10 PM
since the vent goes to the outside of the building barometric pressure might have something to do with it.???

HalletDave
10-03-2003, 12:11 PM
How come every day I go into the shitter at work, the water in the bowl is at a diifferent level
Thanks for the info.
Is the water fountain at your place of employment non functional? :D

Stupid Fast
10-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Blown 472:
since the vent goes to the outside of the building barometric pressure might have something to do with it.??? Alot of it has to do with wind over the vent. The wind will suck the water over the trap and leave less water in the bowl.
Watch your bowl when it is really windy. It moves up and down. Especially if it is close to the end of the vent.
EMC
Not a Plumber

brianwhiteboy
10-03-2003, 12:46 PM
My question is....why does this bother you? :rolleyes:
All that should matter is that there's enough water to flush the log away! wink

Dave C
10-03-2003, 01:34 PM
Thanks for that explanation.
I always wondered why the water moved in the bowl on a windy day.
I assumed that I was just going to be out-of-pocket a lot to fix it. eek!

leibniz
10-03-2003, 01:38 PM
It sounds to me then, that the proper thing to do, in order to maintain a consistant water level in the bowl, is alter the venting. Rather than venting outside, try venting into the boss's office. That oughta do it.
:D

Mandelon
10-03-2003, 01:52 PM
You could not find anything better to worry about? :D
The pressure may also be affected by others using fixtures above and below this fixture along the same line. If one of Blown's giant turds whooshed by the inlet for your toilets branch line it might cause a change in pressure for your bowl.
Close the lid, then it will not be an issue for you any more? :D

Seadog
10-03-2003, 01:59 PM
Its the tide.

Mandelon
10-03-2003, 02:00 PM
Seadog:
Its the tide. Hahahaha, toilet tide....that's funny!

leibniz
10-03-2003, 02:02 PM
You know, some people find things interesting. That fact that the issue has to do with taking a dump is irrelevant. Actually, the question didn't even have anything to do with that. It's a physics question that at least *I* didn't have the answer to, although I could have made a close guess.
Here's another question: if you take a steel surveyors measuring tape outside in the extreme cold and take a measurement, do you add or subtract the correction amounnt (because of the weather) ? Anyone?
I know the answer, I just wanted to make people think, albeit for a very short time...

DansBlown73Nordic
10-03-2003, 02:08 PM
You would ADD.... wink

NastyOne
10-03-2003, 02:09 PM
leibniz:
You know, some people find things interesting. That fact that the issue has to do with taking a dump is irrelevant. Actually, the question didn't even have anything to do with that. It's a physics question that at least *I* didn't have the answer to, although I could have made a close guess.
Here's another question: if you take a steel surveyors measuring tape outside in the extreme cold and take a measurement, do you add or subtract the correction amounnt (because of the weather) ? Anyone?
I know the answer, I just wanted to make people think, albeit for a very short time... Hey... dont seel my thread cock sucker! :D

NastyOne
10-03-2003, 02:12 PM
The reason it bothers me is because every time I take a shit, I have to take into account the water level.
Too low and you can get some mean splashback.
Too high and your balls could hit the water.

HammerDown
10-03-2003, 02:18 PM
NastyOne:
The reason it bothers me is because every time I take a shit, I have to take into account the water level.
Too low and you can get some mean splashback.
Too high and your balls could hit the water. one other negative effect from "low Bowl Tide"...is(SPSM)> Stink Pickel Skid Marks on the Porcelain...not a good thing...because ya gotta go in. :rolleyes:

leibniz
10-03-2003, 02:19 PM
NastyOne:
Hey... dont seel my thread cock sucker! :D eek!
(I didn't think you would notice...) :D
Dan66, no! Gotcha! You subtract the error. Here's why:
When it is cold outside, the steel contracts; remember this is a steel measuring tape. That means that your measurement is going to read higher that what it actually is. Therefore, subtract the correction amount. I forget the forumla for it, at this particular instant.
That's why I like these questions; the ones that make you think!
Box cutter is put away; now back to your regularly scheduled thread...
[Mental note: hijack NastyOne's thread more often...] :rolleyes:
[ October 03, 2003, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: leibniz ]

Dave C
10-03-2003, 03:03 PM
porcelin skid-markes A.K.A. toilet-bowl mona lisa's......
or "spackle" for those high velocity kinds.

Rexone
10-03-2003, 04:55 PM
leibniz:
Here's another question: if you take a steel surveyors measuring tape outside in the extreme cold and take a measurement, do you add or subtract the correction amounnt (because of the weather) ? Anyone?For me it would not matter because I would never be dumb enough to go outside in extreme cold to measure anything. Then again that's easy to say I guess here in sunny so cal. :D
[ October 03, 2003, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

Mandelon
10-03-2003, 04:59 PM
But wouldn't everything you are measuring have shrunk as well? You would need a correction formula for everything you are measuring and not just the tape.
What if you had a laser tape and it measured it with that radar or sound or whatever the f it is. Do you have a correction for weather, humidity and tempurature. By the way, that's gay! :D

VillainDave
10-03-2003, 06:56 PM
NastyOne:
How come every day I go into the shitter at work, the water in the bowl is at a diifferent level :confused:
Thanks for the info. Hey look don't worry about the level! Just read your paper, drop your stink pickle! and get out!

leibniz
10-03-2003, 07:13 PM
tsshhh....fuuuuck... :rolleyes:
You're measuring property pins, which won't move. And yes, of course there are other formulas to make up for the imperfections of nature...
That's not gay, you guys are gay...
burningm

Infomaniac
10-03-2003, 07:42 PM
The water level is effected by the relationship of the moon and the earth. Also how much paper was used by the previous person.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Your all wrong, a co worker is drinking from it!

HammerDown
10-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Mrs. Sportin' Wood:
Your all wrong, a co worker is drinking from it! Or the Dog.

leibniz
10-03-2003, 08:46 PM
Mrs. Sportin' Wood:
Your all wrong, a co worker is drinking from it! A co-worker drinking from it? That's gay!
:D :D

Rexone
10-03-2003, 09:05 PM
The only time you should be worryin about water level is after ya pull the handle. comin up high...run like the wind.

jm2drvr
10-03-2003, 10:49 PM
ok, here is the real answer....the larger the cable, the less h2o will be in the bottom of the bowl. It comes down to mathematics. Larger turds=more displacement...more displacemt=less h2o in bowl after you flush...it really is very simple. eek! :D

Hallett
10-03-2003, 11:08 PM
your killing me with some of the shit you
you come up with.

sidewound
10-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Rexone:
The only time you should be worryin about water level is after ya pull the handle. comin up high...run like the wind. Stand by the plunger when the level comes up. Any doubt on whether it will reach the rim ya better start pumpin baby!
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR

Mandelon
10-05-2003, 04:50 PM
If the level is rising and it looks like an overflow is imminent, pull the lid and lift up on the filler valve float. It will stop the water from filling the bowl. Close the flapper and prevent a serious problem. :cool: