PDA

View Full Version : Red Skelton on the US "Pledge Of Allegiance"

FMluvswater
03-21-2003, 05:01 PM
Okay yes I'm Canadian but most of my friends are American. I just thought this might be interesting. I really loved Red's sense of humor. I like his explanation of the POA.
Red Skelton Pledge Of Allegiance (http://www.shrineclowns.com/skelton.html)

03-22-2003, 10:55 AM
Great stuff, thanks for taking the time to post.

Seadog
03-22-2003, 02:58 PM
I have always considered that to be one of the most inspirational stories ever. A toast to one of best clowns, one of our best humorist and one of our great citizens. May he rest in peace.

River Ric
03-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Red was a good friend of my grandfather. They used a lot of props from my grandfathers gas station for many of Clemkadidlhopers skits. I have heard this rendition so many times, but once more would not be too much. I remember being at the taping when he did this on the show. Late 60's if it remember right. I saw my grandpa get tears in his eyes. He explained to me that this pledge meant some much to him that he got very emotional. Red was truly one of our great American Treasures. Being the son of imigrants he understood what this really meant as he explains so well. Some of these people out in hollywood need to hear this and take it to heart. The time to protest is over!!! It is now time to support our troops and pray for their safe return. It is only through their great sacrafice that these protesters have the right to say what they say. Give it a rest!!!!!!
" Put a Cowboy in the White House." burningm burningm burningm