PDA

View Full Version : Help this kid

jlnorthrup122
05-11-2003, 10:33 AM
It turns out to be factual that I have fallen for this advertisement scam sorry to bring it here!
Thank You For Your Time
Joe Northrup
here is a copy of the E-mail I got :
>Subject: Leukaemia - Please read then forward
>
>If you delete this ... you seriously don't have a heart.
>
>Hi, I am a 29 year old father. Me and my wife have had a
>wonderful life together. God blessed us with a child too.
>Our daughter's name is Rachel, and she is 10 months old.
>
>Now long ago the doctors detected brain cancer in her
>little body. There is only one way to save her ... an
>operation. Sadly, we don't have enough money to pay the
>price. AOL and ZDNET have agreed to help us. The only way
>they can help us is this way, I send this email to you and
>you send it to other people. AOL will track this email and
>count how many people get it.
>
>Every person who opens this email and sends it to atleast 5
>people will give us 20 cents for her operation.
>
>Please help us. All we are asking from you if to forward
>this email to as many people as you can. My daughter's
>life depends on your forwading this email. Please help me
>save my daughter. Please. This father is on his knees
>before you. Please forward this email to as many people
>as you can.
>
>
>Please also send a copy to me at rachel_winslet@rediffmail.com
>so that I can make sure AOL is not cheating me by paying less
>than their promise.
>
>
>Please help us.
>
>Sincerely
>George Winslet
>
>Please don't forget to send me a copy at rachel_winslet@rediffmail.com
>when you forward this mail.
>
>May God Bless You
>Thank you for your help
>
[ May 11, 2003, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: jlnorthrup122 ]

Eric455
05-11-2003, 10:43 AM
i will forward and send to all i know. may god be with the family. hope all goes well
eric

Akamatsu
05-11-2003, 10:43 AM
As much as everyone I want to help out a child in need, but this is a e-mail chain letter. Sorry. Did a quick internet search and here is a link:
http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/children/arling.htm or click here (http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/children/arling.htm) .
This may be a way of collecting valid e-mail addresses for marketing purposes, etc. I would guess the reddiffmail account no longer exists.
Akamatsu

jlnorthrup122
05-11-2003, 11:03 AM
Well its Joe Here again and Akamatsu did some research on this matter and it turns out to be a scam so I am sorry about all this It really pisses me off when people try to scam me especially when they use a child to do so.
Truly sorry but I fell for a little scam.
joe Northrup

trollmac
05-11-2003, 11:04 AM
I honestly, absolutely, positively can not believe that there is anyone ignorant enough to fall for that any more.
No offense to jlnorthrup122

jlnorthrup122
05-11-2003, 11:11 AM
I know Me of all people I used to get this one E-mail from someone posing to be from the transpportation sector of the Federation from Nigeiria saying if I send them money to pay for legal fees they would give me like 7% of 29 milion bucks I really hate people who try to use the net or any other means to scam people.
Well I guess when it comes to kids I am vulnerable there is this lady that always hits me up for money when I am filling up my truck with gas she is usually pushing a stroller with 2 little kids in it and I fold evy time

MJ19
05-11-2003, 11:18 AM
jlnorthrup122:
Well I guess when it comes to kids I am vulnerable there is this lady that always hits me up for money when I am filling up my truck with gas she is usually pushing a stroller with 2 little kids in it and I fold evy time You will help this woman and her children more if you don't fold. By giving her money, you help her teach her children that you don't need to strive in life to succeed. I know it sounds mean, but trust me, some people need to hit rock bottom before they will pull themselves out of the sitatutions they are in. If she truly is that poor, she will qualify for welfare.
We had a local bum that would beg for money and he was arrested once, turned out he lived about 20 minutes away from our city in a big home and had a regular weekday 9-5 job, but he confessed he made more money on the weekends dressed up like a bum begging for money. :(
The world is unfortunately filled with scammers frown

jlnorthrup122
05-11-2003, 11:29 AM
You are absolutly rite I recal a time where this bum down town hit me up for money for food and I offered him a job on my crew and it was like bum repellant but things are getting real bad ( economy wise) around hear hopefully the summer weather will get people spendin money again I remember hearing stories about my wifes grandma hiding thousands of dollars around her house during the great depression and kept the habit of doing so. Well I need to get off here and take the kids down to see grandma for ma's day.
Thank You

JetBoatRich
05-11-2003, 02:03 PM
BS story, sorry to see so many people fall for them. :mad:

DickDanger
05-11-2003, 04:40 PM
This is why we here at Hot Boat dot com take a dim view on chain letters. Why the **** would they donate 20 cents to each person that opens it? That right there should spell SCAM for you. I guess that you can be excused to a point, since you are from Iowa. IOWA= Idiots Out Walking Around...LMAO. Sorry, just a little fun at your expense, but seriously, lets keep the chain letters out of here. -DD Out
PS: I would love to find these scammers, and take a ****ing bat to their head.
[ May 11, 2003, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]