PDA

View Full Version : JIFFY LUBE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DansBlown73Nordic
07-26-2003, 06:33 AM
Last Sunday my Dad and I are on are way home from the St Lawrence River. He is in his 2001 Chevy Dually. It has the 496 with the Alison. We get on the highway and go about 5 miles. He pulls over saying the oil light is on.... eek! So we check the oil and its down two quarts. So we fire it back up and it has good oil pressure but the light is on. So he drives it about 15 miles to the next exit. We get in a parking lot and crawl under the truck to find the oil filter finger tight. It was lucky it didn't fall completly off. eek!
So yesturday he takes it back to Jiffy Lube to tell the guy they SUCK!!! And the guy says sorry. He also tells him he isn't sure why the guys who work for him can't remember to tighten those Dam filters. eek! My Dad says does this happen often? The guy says no just once in a while.
Now I got thinking how many people leave the place with the oil plug loose.... burningm

26 QUEST
07-26-2003, 06:37 AM
I HAVE BEEN IN THE CAR BUS. FOR 15 YEARS AND HAVE HAD 3 PEOPLE TELL ME THE SAME STORY.THAT WAS JUST IN 1 CITY.

superV
07-26-2003, 06:48 AM
I have lost one trans due to them. And have also had the same thing happen with the filter. I do all of my own since then. burningm Which really suck because they can do it for less if you get them with thier specials and what not.

rvrkaosI
07-26-2003, 06:52 AM
They over tightened my filter, and cracked my base for the oil filter, 500.00 in damage from the dealer!
Took a car for a brake job,come out with a 700.00 bill as they said the rotors are bad. Asked for the rotor back, not a scratch on it! Do my own break jobs now!!!! :mad:

DansBlown73Nordic
07-26-2003, 06:56 AM
They do brake jobs????? eek!

topless
07-26-2003, 07:11 AM
I work at the Better Business Bureau and we get complaints all the time on them. The thing is that they are all franchises so not all of them are bad. Just check them out first. I went to one years ago just for an oil change and a 79 yr old lady was paying as I got there. They raped the shit out of her but she paid anyway. She was so upset when she left that she hit my car leaving the parking lot. Anyway, her 400.00 oil change turned into a 3000.00 day. :confused:

Daytona19
07-26-2003, 07:55 AM
I went to Amsoil and change once a year but do one filter change in between. Great product and no hassel.

uvindex
07-26-2003, 07:59 AM
I agree, Jiffy Lube does suck. For many years, like many of us, I did oil changes myself on all vehicles. Once I got a little older (and got more cars) I thought, "why not give Jiffy Lube a try -- that's all they do so they must be able to do a good job and what's $30?" It took them an hour to do an oil change on a friggin Miata -- there were four yahoos trying to figure out how to get the oil filter off (yes, there's not a lot of room, but sheesh!) On my Suburban, they tried to upsell me on an air filter and other stuff that I *knew* I didn't need. Back to the Miata -- I told them not to touch the rear window when they did their crummy window cleaning service (included with an oil change) 'cause it is plastic and will scratch if cleaned dry. You guessed it, I saw the 17-year old cleaning the window with a dry paper towel and windex (arrgh.) FINALLY, they overinflated all four tires on my Suburban (they completely ignored the factory sticker on the door that tells the recommended air pressure -- I had to adjust them to spec myself.)
No more Jiffy Lube for me since those events.

Kindsvater Flat
07-26-2003, 08:00 AM
Daytona19:
I went to Amsoil and change once a year but do one filter change in between. Great product and no hassel. We did the same thing to a friends pickup. Went to the amsoil and dual oil filters. We change the oil filters every 6k miles. So far there are 230,000 miles and it still runs great. To bad it has gone through 3 transmissions.

jlnorthrup122
07-26-2003, 08:06 AM
A buddy od mine Owns the Jiffy lubes around here and there pritty good around these parts. I did make the mistake of going to the local speed lube here in town and the ****ers didn't fill my washer fluid and put the wrong ****ing oil in it and didn't chaeck my tire pressure and there was like 6 dudes working on the MoFo. So from now on I either change it myself or its Juffy lube! Yeah the dude that I know that owns the jiffy lubes around here opened up a Euro speed shop for his son & nephew and they bought the chasis dino off the show shade tree mechanics!

Wet Dream
07-26-2003, 08:06 AM
I have a guy here that does our vehicles. Its a family run oil change business. This guy is top notch. He'll look at every fluid, point out leaks, let you know if your air filter is getting close, check everything. He'll check the air pressure and ask you what YOU like it at. My 5.8L took 6 quarts after they charged me for 5. I had already paid. I reached in my back pocket for my wallet to pay for the extra quart and he said not to worry about it. After all that, and only $20, he gives you a free car wash too. Not the cheap Shell carwashes, but a great touchless. Glad to have a guy like that.

Jungle Boy
07-26-2003, 08:56 AM
If I need to take car or truck of mine into a shop and they say that I can't go back "there", I say see ya later. I don't like people working on my stuff and I can't be there talking to the guy that is doing it. I don't pester or offer advice, I only watch and make sure it's done right. Too many places do shitty work and charge a fortune for it. :mad:

Mandelon
07-26-2003, 09:07 AM
Never had a problem at my local place here. They've done dozens of oil changes on my trucks. They do try to upsell the filters and other stuff, but if you keep track and ask to see the dirty ones they quit that.
They brought in a card once that had the tranny fluid on it as a sample. I guess they "accidently" got some sand on the card and tried to tell me the fluid was gritty. :rolleyes: Yeah right. Nice try guys....
I once let a friend borrow my dump truck. Just had replaced the old 350 in it with a brand new crate motor....the old one threw a rod at 95,000 miles. He offered to change the oil in for me in exchange for the favor. His workers failed to tighten the plug sufficiently.....and the next time we used it....my own knucklehead workers blew up my new engine.. cry $2000 pissed away in two weeks. burningm

Kilrtoy
07-26-2003, 09:28 AM
This is whyjiffy lube sucks
At 18 years old with one week on the job, I made supervisor. My buddy who hired me was the manager with 2 months on the job.
WHY!!!!!!!!!
We were the only two that spoke the language
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<ENGLISH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AzDon
07-27-2003, 10:32 AM
My daughter took her '92 t-bird to a Jiffy-lube in Tucson. They said her differential was low and charged her $80 for "servicing" it. Even if it has a drainplug and they changed the oil, there's no way 2 or 3 quarts of gearlube is worth that much!!
Because of this incident, I suspect that Jiffylube, the parent company, probably teaches this kind of behavior to their franchisees, and I'm unwilling to ever give them another chance to be honest! I categorize Jiffylube with Aamco Transmission (well documented national reputation for dishonesty) If you do business with these places, you deserve what you get!