PDA

View Full Version : New Michelob Ultra......

beached1
10-24-2002, 04:08 PM
SUCKS!

AZKC
10-24-2002, 05:05 PM
No! It really isn't a beer for most people its for alcholics like me that pound a 12 evernite and started looking like the Goodyear Blimp. 40#s and counting.....
KC

future boater
10-26-2002, 12:03 AM
beached1:
SUCKS!you actually tried that shit!?!
[ October 26, 2002, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: future boater ]

beached1
10-26-2002, 12:50 AM
The wife brought it home for me to try. It tastes (maybe beacuse it is) like Non-alc.

Bow Movement
10-26-2002, 08:28 AM
I think it tastes pretty good. But then again I haven't had a beer for 7 weeks since I started the atkins diet. It kind of cool they came out with a low carb beer for all the people on that diet. :)

AZKC
10-26-2002, 09:12 AM
Score stands at 2 for, 2 against, next opinion please.
KC
I think it has a good alcohol % I get a good buzz goin on about the 4th and by the 10th :D

Havasu Doug
10-26-2002, 09:15 AM
Just keep in mind,
"It's not beer, it's Michelob!"

Cantrip
10-26-2002, 10:17 AM
I tried michelob for the first time a few months ago in florida, guess its pretty big over there, it was pretty damn good. Cant wait to try the ultra.

beached1
10-26-2002, 04:12 PM
I like Michelob Light, so my wife thought she'd do me a favor by getting me this ultra stuff. My first impression was not very good. So, I'm waiting for when I run out of my good beer. This way It will be a test on whether it's good enough from keeping me from going to the store for more beer.
On the subject of carbs, light beer is not that bad. Approx 7 grams per bottle. That's a hell of lot better than say drinking a pepsi! I'm a f**kin slob now, but I used to work out a lot a few years ago and watched what I ate. Watching your carb and calorie intake is good, but most important is your processed carb intake. Carbs like vegetables are ok when offest with equal or more amounts of protein. Processed carbs, (which beer is a part of :( ) like crakers, cookies, white bread, white rice and the worst, pasta are what almost instantly turns into sugar. When your body takes on too much sugar and has produced enough insulin with it to satisfy itself, it will then will store the extra as fat. Unless you burn that sugar with exercise.
So I say, drink that beer! Grab momma by the hair and F**k those pounds off!
:D

twistedpair
10-26-2002, 04:33 PM
Beached, you are an effin LUNATIC!! You should sell a workout tape. If that little Zumba fag can make money I know people would be lining up for your routine!!
12 ounce curls and the horizontal bop, now thats a workout I could live with!!

beached1
10-26-2002, 06:45 PM
F'ing to the oldies
Buns of steel, shlongs of wood.
10 min abs, 20 mins in your ass.
Jane Fonda....is a dirty little slut.
:D

RiverToysJas
10-28-2002, 10:40 AM
beached1:
...It tastes (maybe beacuse it is) like Non-alc.Maybe that's good, because it actually contains the same alcohol % as Bud Light.
RTJas :D

beached1
10-28-2002, 11:20 AM
No wonder I don't like it. I know Mic is made by the same but it doesn't taste like it.

HCS
10-28-2002, 11:43 AM
It SUCKS!

flyinbrian
10-28-2002, 11:46 AM
IMO-
Michelob, Bud, Miller, etc....
Are all watered down beer for the non-beer drinking drinker.
Guiness, Bass, Harp, and just about any micro is where the good taste is found.
Don't get me wrong, they all have their place. I carry Corona and Miller Lite on the boat. Those other beers are too heavy to be drinking in 100* temps on the water.

beached1
10-28-2002, 12:14 PM
For the boat I like Coors light. Tastes good, comes in a can.
But my favorite are the 11 oz Coronas and Pacificos that can only be purchased in Mexico. They taste better because of the higher alcohol content than the 12oz ones sold in the states. I usually stock up with a couple cases, depending on how many people are in the car with me and play stupid at the boarder. Of the 15 + years I've been doing this, I've only had to poor the beer out once. Not bad odds.
Other than that, whatever's cold is usually OK. Except for Bud.

HCS
10-28-2002, 12:15 PM
flyinbrian:
IMO-
Michelob, Bud, Miller, etc....
Are all watered down beer for the non-beer drinking drinker.
Guiness, Bass, Harp, and just about any micro is where the good taste is found.
Don't get me wrong, they all have their place. I carry Corona and Miller Lite on the boat. Those other beers are too heavy to be drinking in 100* temps on the water.Got that right! :rolleyes: