PDA

View Full Version : Dog fight and I lost

Ian
09-27-2003, 06:41 PM
So I cruise over to my girlfriend's house to get some papers she faxed for me. I knock on the door and no one answers, so I call her up and she's out to lunch with her friends. She tells me "just go in nobody is home." so I hang up the phone and walk in to find both her dogs in the house. Some how one dog opened the slider seconds before I walked in, now this is bad news because her dogs hate each other. Realizing a bad dog fight is about to go down I grab the biggest dog (half pit, half german shepard), which greeted me at the door, and try to push it out the front door, but it's too late, their eyes meet and it's on. Instantly I realize I am in a bad position because I can not let one of my girlfriend's dogs get killed, yet I am home alone and these dogs are going crazy. Well the young and dumb part of me decides I gotta break this up. So I jump in, I got my knee on one of the dogs head and I'm trying to to pry the other one off, which I momentarily do before it goes in for another bite. Fortunately the dog is unable to latch back on to the other, unfortunately it latchs on to my arm which is now bleeding. I then focus all my attention and strength on freeing my arm which I'm able to do, but then this allows the dogs to latch on to each other once again. I realize my best bet is getting one dog out front and locking the other one in the house, so I jump back in. In the process of doing this the three of us role out the front door and are now fighting on the grass, oh yeah and in the process of rolling out the door one of the dogs mistook my hand for the other dog's head so it too is bleeding. By this time my adreniline is pumping and I now have supper human strength so I grab one dogs coller and lift the dog over my head while the other one is latched onto it's neck. So now I am standing in front of my girlfriends house holding two dogs up in the air with one arm kicking and punching (I split my knuckles) the bottom dog as hard as I can, finally he looses his grip, so I throw the other dog into the house and slam the door in one smooth swoop. Fortunately both dogs are going to be okay, unfortunately I have puncture wouds all over mt hand and arm.
Sorry for the long post but I figured someone might enjoy my story. And please don't point out all my misspellings, I'm still in shock from the battle.

Mandelon
09-27-2003, 06:44 PM
Well, damn. That sucks. It is hard to do the right thing. You probably won't even get any sympathy from the girlfriend. She will be mad too.
Be sure to clean up well. Hydrogen Peroxide maybe....good luck. :cool:

Phat_Kat
09-27-2003, 06:52 PM
I got quite a few of those kinds of stories. My dalmation is spoiled rotten and thinks she's the head of everything. She's constantly getting into fights and guess who has to jump in. :mad: She almost always gets in it with a dog about twice her size and 3 times her weight. In otherwords a dog as big as me. Last time I launched a black lab mix mutt that was about 130 pounds. He was on top of little 50 pound patches (my dog) who was actually kinda kicking ass until the beast got on top. Tossed the big'ole hound right in to the river. Patch has a few bite marks on her shoulder blade area but other than that fine. I actually had to take her home cause she was ready for more and was just plain violent. She bit me on the nose when I was carring her to my buddies boat.

Ian
09-27-2003, 07:06 PM
Actually both my girlfriend and her parents are extremely cool and they felt awfull. They all came home right as the fight ended and I was about to pass out. I've been in a couple fights in my day and this was the worst, I even got my nose broke once, but that didn't compare to this. I guess the shock of the fight got to me and I damn near passed out. Fortunately I was able to keep my composure in front of all the ladies wink .
[ September 27, 2003, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Ian ]

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-27-2003, 07:22 PM
you didn't need ant stitches i hope. Except for the addrenaline(spell ck) rush i hope you are doing well. I'm sure the dogs were pretty shaky after that. Luckily everyone is o.k. I know the first thing people want to do is to stop a fight like that and i can't imagine what was going through your head at the time except to keep all your fingers. Glad to here it was just small wounds. At least i hope so for your sake. and you would probably do it again. :) I know i would.

boxscore
09-28-2003, 05:39 AM
Hey Ian... I'll take whatever prop cover that isn't splattered with blood. And you know I'll be checkin it with my black light.

Ian
09-28-2003, 08:35 AM
Hey boxscore how do you think I got that red one :D . You should get the bag on Monday! MRS FLYIN VEE they said they couldn't stitch me up because they were puncture wounds with a high risk of infection and your right I would do it again but next time I'll get the hose or a stick. I couldn't let one of baby's dogs die. :)

Schiada76
09-28-2003, 09:05 AM
When's the video comimg out? :D

VillainDave
09-28-2003, 07:29 PM
BradP:
When's the video comimg out? :D Yeah that would make a great video. I have two words that will help your dog issues in the future "hot water"

Infomaniac
09-29-2003, 07:05 AM
Get a tetnus (spelling?) shot man.

Caribbean Jet
09-29-2003, 07:22 AM
As much as I love dogs and I have two, how can someone own two dogs that hate each other. Man I am sorry for the fight. Good luck with the wounds. Your girlie should give you lots of lovin and sympathy. Next time save your skin and pour cold water on them, the carpet will dry but scars are for ever.

bigq
09-29-2003, 08:01 AM
Sorry, but LOL. Great story, been there done that. I got my hand and calf punctured. :D

swampfire
09-29-2003, 09:07 AM
Back when I was training Labs we used to solve that problem by sticking a cattle prod into the middle of the melee. Both dogs would run in different directions. In the absence of a shock stick you can grab one dog by the hind legs and spin and swing him off the ground. Once you get him swinging good throw him and grab the other one. If you put your hands into the middle you will get bit, things are happening too fast for them to discriminate between you and the other dog.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-29-2003, 09:11 AM
swampfire:
Back when I was training Labs we used to solve that problem by sticking a cattle prod into the middle of the melee. Both dogs would run in different directions. In the absence of a shock stick you can grab one dog by the hind legs and spin and swing him off the ground. Once you get him swinging good throw him and grab the other one. If you put your hands into the middle you will get bit, things are happening too fast for them to discriminate between you and the other dog. Welcome aboard, BTW what is a cattle prod?

Blown 472
09-29-2003, 10:09 AM
Is this some sorta lovers thing???