PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard problem mostly fixed. Thanks to norcal spectra.

FMluvswater
05-21-2003, 03:24 PM
Keyboard was spazzing out. Slightest touch was causing letters to repeat. Backspace, space, arrow keys, delete and enter were and still are overshooting. frown
[ May 21, 2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: FMluvswaterbabe ]

Boozer
05-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Buy a new keyboard????

FMluvswater
05-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Boozer:
Buy a new keyboard???? This one is new. Just bought it in March.
Thanks for replying anyway.
Edit: cleaned up spazzed out text.
[ May 21, 2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: FMluvswaterbabe ]

HCS
05-21-2003, 03:35 PM
Back space. :p

NorCal Gameshow
05-21-2003, 03:37 PM
fm, it's not the keyboard it's the coffee

NorCal Gameshow
05-21-2003, 03:38 PM
go to settings and play with the speed on the keyboard

uvindex
05-21-2003, 03:43 PM
OK, you asked for troubleshooting, so try simple/easy things first:
(1) Power off the system, wait at least ten seconds, then power it back up again. While it's powered off, make sure the keyboard connector is well seated in its connector (remove it and plug it in again.)
(2) Try a known-good keyboard (from another computer, neighbor, friend, whatever.)
(3) Scan for viruses, using an up-to-date virus scanning program.
Good luck,
CS

FMluvswater
05-21-2003, 03:46 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
Back space. :p one quick backspace was deleting entire words
norcal spectra:
fm, it's not the keyboard it's the coffee LMAO! It wasn't but it could have been! :)
norcal spectra:
go to settings and play with the speed on the keyboard THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! :D :D :D
Space delete and backspace are still acting up a little but the rest has calmed down. I just don't get why it was working so well before and then suddenly went nuts like that cuz I sure didn't mess with any of that stuff until you suggested it as a way to fix the problem. Anyways thanks guys. :) Maybe one of the mods can get rid of this thread I didn't mean to clutter the board.

FMluvswater
05-21-2003, 03:56 PM
RatherBeInLHC:
OK, you asked for troubleshooting, so try simple/easy things first:
(1) Power off the system, wait at least ten seconds, then power it back up again. While it's powered off, make sure the keyboard connector is well seated in its connector (remove it and plug it in again.)
(2) Try a known-good keyboard (from another computer, neighbor, friend, whatever.)
(3) Scan for viruses, using an up-to-date virus scanning program.
Good luck,
CS I did try step one first off. Step two wasn't available immediately and I do have an excellent anti-virus program- AVG. Updates daily and does a scan daily. So I guess 2/3 ain't bad? :) Thank-you very much for the advice. I do appreciate that you took the time to try to help. :)

JustMVG
05-21-2003, 06:36 PM
Vacuum out the keyboard , all of the late night posting and snacks around the keyboard, coffee and whatever else can and will find it's way between the keys. Happened to me between me and the three daughters sharing the computer, the keyboard gets pretty dirty, my nnnnnn sticks evry now and then. Good luck.

GlastronGuy
05-21-2003, 06:47 PM
The keyboard isn't keeping you from editing that into something intelligible.
If it's a cordless, replace the batteries.

FMluvswater
05-21-2003, 07:15 PM
GlastronGuy:
The keyboard isn't keeping you from editing that into something intelligible.
If it's a cordless, replace the batteries. It's not a cordless. Technically you're right I could have mickeyed around and edited my posts but I didn't have the patience because the backspace and delete keys were overshooting what I wanted to fix. I wanted help. I didn't want to spend time with hit or miss editing when I could be getting advice that would help. :) Patience is a virtue I was kinda low on at that point in time. :) I'll go edit it now though. It is awful looking. :)

FMluvswater
05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
MandMVG:
Vacuum out the keyboard , all of the late night posting and snacks around the keyboard, coffee and whatever else can and will find it's way between the keys. Happened to me between me and the three daughters sharing the computer, the keyboard gets pretty dirty, my nnnnnn sticks evry now and then. Good luck. Thanks for the advice Mikey. :)

JustMVG
05-21-2003, 08:10 PM
My post was mostly meant as a fun thing , glad to see you got everything fixed, now get back to posting.... :D , i have tried looking for a "skin" for this keyboard so that the girls don't drop cookie and chips and whatever the heck else they have in their hot little hands.
See ya Mikey

NorCal Gameshow
05-21-2003, 08:35 PM
i still think it was the coffee :D

FMluvswater
05-21-2003, 09:52 PM
MandMVG:
now get back to posting.... :D
See ya Mikey Can I put that exact quote in my siggy? wink LOL! J/K :D
It's just that... well have you read the 6000+ members thread? Some distaste has been expressed for the very sort of posting I regularly engage in. :(
No mention was made as to the level of enjoyment the person posting is experiencing. I guess having fun doesn't rate as quality posting.
NS- You win. :D It was the coffee. Here's what really happened ... caffeine seeped out of the pores in my fingers directly onto my keyboard keys and my keyboard got hyper. :D
Thanks again for helping me out. :)