PDA

View Full Version : New Boat Purchase

OutCole'd
08-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Lets just say the boat that I want to finance for 75-80 years has a base sticker of 79K. What could I expect to get that boat for? Also when is the best time to purchase? I would think December or January. What does everyone else think?

SoCalOffshore
08-23-2003, 12:54 PM
I think it depends what brand boat and what base options are included.

OutCole'd
08-24-2003, 07:57 AM
I am just trying to get a general idea of how much negotiating room there is on a new boat. I have bought many new cars, and hate the haggling that goes on, so I was just curious what the list price, and what was the purchase price was some people from the boards got their boats for.

Keith E. Sayre
08-24-2003, 11:52 AM
I might be able to help you a bit having sold several different brands over the years. Most
west coast performance builders have a 10% discount that is almost automatic when you walk in
the door. It's usually the same discount that is
available at the LA boat show but most folks don't
figure that out. Years ago at Nordic, there was
always a 15% discount for going factory direct but they don't do that anymore since they have a
network of dealers. My suggestion is to figure
10% into it as a real buying price depending on who it is. If you call me, I'll give you a great suggestion but I don't want to print it!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

OutCole'd
08-24-2003, 06:40 PM
Keith, I will take all the good advise I can get. I will definately be giving you a call.

blownmoney
08-24-2003, 06:49 PM
smooth keith,smooth!!!!!

OutCole'd
08-24-2003, 07:42 PM
blownmoney:
smooth keith,smooth!!!!! :D :D Good point, I think I just got taken. :D :D

Keith E. Sayre
08-24-2003, 08:13 PM
The advice is free! Our deckboats start at $79,000 and we'll throw in a handfull of cool
options, but we don't discount at all. We sell
65 of them a year and can't build them fast enough. We're very fortunate.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

OutCole'd
08-24-2003, 08:51 PM
Is that advise still free even if I am not looking at a Conquest?

OutCole'd
08-25-2003, 05:05 PM
bump

Keith E. Sayre
08-26-2003, 11:05 AM
You bet! I'll help you in any way that I can.
But you really should look at the new Conquest
deckboat with 2 forward facing helms with single
forward facing bucket seats like a regular boat.
The first one will be out of the mold in a week or
so. It doesn't seat as many people but keeping mom dry and warm and wind free will get me to the
lake more often! If mom's not happy, nobody is
happy! So we're dedicating the new mold to making mom happy so that we can go boating more
often. Stop in and see the new deckboat from
Conquest!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400

hot_diggity_dog
08-26-2003, 11:10 AM
Keith will the new model be priced the same as the old version? :confused: wink :D
HDD :cool:

Keith E. Sayre
08-26-2003, 11:15 AM
At first, yes. But that could change depending on
demand.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400

OutCole'd
08-26-2003, 05:16 PM
Wow Keith, I think I remember mentioning somthing about that to you and you said that it would cost to much for Conquest to remake their molds. Sounds great though, I never really liked their old interior layout, but I would love to take a look at it now. Do you have any pictures of it yet? I am interested.
Thanks.

OutCole'd
08-26-2003, 05:20 PM
Keith E. Sayre:
The advice is free! Our deckboats start at $79,000 and we'll throw in a handfull of cool
options, but we don't discount at all. We sell
65 of them a year and can't build them fast enough. We're very fortunate.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats What is included in your base price? Engine package, accesories... The Conquest web site is lacking just a bit.
Thanks again in advance.