PDA

View Full Version : why do you come to the sandbar

NorCal Gameshow
09-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Does anybody really come here for substance?
it's the sandbar, the beach, going to a b.b.q.
talking with people you don't really know. someone is going to get upset and leave the party. most people here come in to joke around, laugh...based around a common thread of wanting to have a goodtime (and boats)....some people ask for advice and when they hear something they don't like they get upset :confused:
i'm going to take my toys and leave :rolleyes:
I come here to have a little laugh wink

Boozer
09-16-2003, 03:12 PM
NorCal Gameshow:
Does anybody really come here for substance?
it's the sandbar, the beach, going to a b.b.q.
talking with people you don't really know. someone is going to get upset and leave the party. most people here come in to joke around, laugh...based around a common thread of wanting to have a goodtime (and boats)....some people ask for advice and when they hear something they don't like they get upset :confused:
i'm going to take my toys and leave :rolleyes:
I come here to have a little laugh wink I come here for one reason and one reason alone.
What is that reason you ask? Well I will tell you.
To make sure that everyday you all end your day having Gayliner Envy. I know I succeed and that's what keeps me going.
:D :D :D :D

Jungle Boy
09-16-2003, 03:15 PM
I come here to stay in touch with the outside world and to get a few laughs. If you want boating info, go to the boating threads. This is to bullshit and pass the time. :D :cool:

DansBlown73Nordic
09-16-2003, 03:18 PM
I come in here to see BOOZERS latest story.... :rolleyes:
[ September 16, 2003, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Dans66Stevens ]

Boozer
09-16-2003, 03:19 PM
Dans66Stevens:
I come in here to see BOOZERS lastest story.... :rolleyes: HaHa.. I'm like the white trash version of TPC.
[ September 16, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Boozer ]

mirvin
09-16-2003, 03:21 PM
Uh, I go to the sandbar because I got tired of Copper Canyon..........

rrrr
09-16-2003, 03:24 PM
I come so some assholes can offer me advice. :p :D

Boozer
09-16-2003, 03:26 PM
rrrr:
I come so some assholes can offer me advice. :p :D Then why haven't you asked for any lately?
Boozer <=Post Whoring like crazy right now.

Free Agent
09-16-2003, 03:35 PM
To hang out, & the suds and the sun and the water.

jbtrailerjim
09-16-2003, 03:36 PM
I come here cuz I like reading about Boozers Gayliner, his loser friends that steal his cars, and his obsession with assholes. :D

Dribble
09-16-2003, 03:48 PM
I'll admit it. I have a sandbar jones. I'm hopelessly addicted. I tried to quit cold turkey but it was too much for me. I always end up going back. I've tried to get help through the EAP program at work and even considered a twelve step program but nothing worked. I now understand the desperation of those who came before me. Kurt Cobain, Freddie Prinze. Elvis. Will the Song Chain ever end? Will "Whos Still Up" ever have a topic? These questions may never be answered, but it least I know I have company.

summerlove
09-16-2003, 03:58 PM
RiverDave:
I come to this forum for several reasons..
1. Entertainment
2. Keep track of friends
3. Keep track of current river events
4. Keep track of current events. (Magic Mountain Dan)
5. Voice my opinions on matters (to be heard)
6. To bash anyone that stands in my way, or irritates me. wink :D
7. To read Trailer Park Cassanova's stories
8. To look at pics of miss 909'er
9. well.... shit I could go on all day
RD What he said.
To be honest, I do hate the political threads but I'm like an alcoholic, I just can't stay away :( I need a 12 step program for politics. I do enjoy the bs and the giving each other a little fun filled crap every now and then. wink

LUVNLIFE
09-16-2003, 06:44 PM
Because I feel very comfortable her. Especially with beer in hand. :D

LUVNLIFE
09-16-2003, 06:45 PM
I meant here. boxed

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-16-2003, 06:54 PM
I like it here. wink Why do you come here? :confused: You are here as much as anyone else. So you must be an adict too.LMAO! :D wink

mike37
09-16-2003, 07:02 PM
I come to the sandbar to get good advice from competent people
But so far Iv had no luck
I will keep looking although IM loosing hope of finding the ever so elusive good advice in the sandbar
IM convinced that if I stay here long enough that it will happen
This my be a life long mission

JetBoatRich
09-16-2003, 07:05 PM
RiverDave:
I come to this forum for several reasons..
1. Entertainment
2. Keep track of friends
3. Keep track of current river events
4. Keep track of current events. (Magic Mountain Dan)
5. Voice my opinions on matters (to be heard)
6. To bash anyone that stands in my way, or irritates me. wink :D
7. To read Trailer Park Cassanova's stories
8. To look at pics of miss 909'er
9. well.... shit I could go on all day
RD I agree what RD said, except I guess I not much of person who bashes anybody :o

Mandelon
09-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Because.....its my home. :( I live here.

TANGO424
09-16-2003, 08:43 PM
I come here because i usually end up ROFLMAO
and to have a good time and when i get some ill post pic of Mrs Tango

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-16-2003, 08:46 PM
so where are they. LOL!! :D :p

TANGO424
09-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Hey Mrs V ill put them up this weekend Mrs Tango not to up on scanning pic in the puter and im outta town right now but i promise ill put them up from our last outing at Apache Lake

Mrs Scuba
09-16-2003, 09:00 PM
If I didn't have the Sandbar I wouldn't have anything to do at work... :confused:

H20Advantage
09-16-2003, 09:08 PM
For all the T&A (http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/at.htm) talk that goes on around here.
Oh and the entertaining photos from our favorite females wink and of course all of the different opinions represented here. Very entertaining who needs daytime soaps :D .
[ September 16, 2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: H20Advantage ]

HCS
09-16-2003, 09:12 PM
I go to the sandbar to get drunk and laugh. :D
It's cool that you can make friends with people
you normally would never meet. :cool:
Also it's like reading minds. devil

HCS
09-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Mrs Scuba:
If I didn't have the Sandbar I wouldn't have anything to do at work... :confused: That's how I use to pass the time, until they through me off. :mad:
Now I have to view the forums on my spare time.
I miss out on alot of fun. frown

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-16-2003, 09:37 PM
TANGO424:
Hey Mrs V ill put them up this weekend Mrs Tango not to up on scanning pic in the puter and im outta town right now but i promise ill put them up from our last outing at Apache Lake O.K but you made a promise. so don't forget.

Coughlin's Law
09-16-2003, 10:30 PM
H20Advantage:
For all the T&A (http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/at.htm) talk that goes on around here.
. First of all…."Ass and Titties". That was some funny shit H20Advantage!!!
I've been lurking around "The Sandbar" for a long time now.
I usually don't post much 'cause I usually don't have anything funny to say or anything of substance to add.
I’m here for the following:
• I check the posts a few times a day to try and keep informed with what's going on at Havasu/Parker.
• I like to read the long winded stories of everyone’s adventures on their last trip out (RD’s inability to get a tow back home after “last call” was very entertaining! Keep ‘em coming)
• I guess it’s gives me a sense of being in touch with what’s going on out there while I’m away at work (even though I’m just lurking)
• I close Threads. I’m the “Thread-Closer” (every thread I reply to dies!!!) Let’s see if I can retain my title!??!
Coughlin

mbrown2
09-16-2003, 10:41 PM
Coughlin, looks like your streak is broken :D
Coming to the Sandbar is like watching Auto Accidents...no one likes the outcome, but you have to look.. :)

Charley
09-16-2003, 10:44 PM
I appreciate the wildlife in thier un natural habitat :D

Coughlin's Law
09-16-2003, 10:46 PM
mbrown2:
Coughlin, looks like your streak is broken :D
FINALLY!!!!

Rexone
09-17-2003, 12:05 AM
Can't let you off that easy Coughlin :D
I used to come here cause I had to (mod). Now I look much less, laugh much more, and just get pissed at the libs occasionally and call Tom Brown names once in awhile. :D
[ September 17, 2003, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

Laveyman
09-17-2003, 05:39 AM
Hello,
My name is Laveyman, and, well, I'm a Sandbaraholic. I've been a Sandbaraholic since the beginning, and don't see any way of ending my addiciton. I used to be addicted to OSO, but gave it up for the much purer stuff, the Sandbar. I think I'll be using Sandbar until the day I die. :D

FMluvswater
09-19-2003, 09:41 PM
Okay I'll admit it I'm here for the SONG CHAIN. wink :D J/K lol!
That's only a partial truth. I'm here for lots of reasons:
I enjoy reading some of the posts. I enjoy posting. I have some friends here that I would miss very much if I stopped coming here. I like looking at pictures of boats. I like seeing pictures of beautiful places I'll likely not ever get to visit. Some of the avatars make me laugh or smile. I guess I come here cuz it feels good to be here. With a few thread exceptions this is a happy place. wink :) For the most part people here are friendly and generous about sharing helpful information. Even going a few days without coming here makes me a lil miserable, lol. Bottom line I come here because I quite simply don't know how to stay away nor do I want to even try to. :)
Bullet

Napanutt
09-19-2003, 09:51 PM
Mrs Scuba:
If I didn't have the Sandbar I wouldn't have anything to do at work... :confused: How 'bout work... :D I love playing here,too,for the same reasons...makes time fly reading posts,eh...

GlastronGuy
09-19-2003, 10:15 PM
I come here to see dumb people.
RD never let's me down.

burtandnancy
09-19-2003, 11:36 PM
I come here because I'm an insomniac and I like to see Rexone get on people's ass's ...
You still there Mike?...

gigamurph
09-20-2003, 12:56 AM
I come here 'cause it feels like home! I talk but nobody listens! Seriously, I'm here for the women and the laughs, or as I like to call it, "Tits and Giggles"! :D

CARRERA
09-20-2003, 12:02 PM
Just to hang out and a it's a good place to get out and walk around and still be in the water..............

mickeyfinn
09-20-2003, 12:09 PM
I come here for the entertainment. T&A, getting pissed at some of the libs, picking on Boozer. I have to stay out of the Bench Racers forum because I actually took sides with HOSS. Now that scared me some. J/K. :D You never know what you are going to find in here. It is a place where we can all be pre-teens again. Fight like hell one day and get along fine the next. Seems like once we grow up we learn to hold grudges. Of course there are a few people that I haven't quite been able to get passed the grudge. (Can you hear me CATMANDO?)....LOL...It is all good

Tom Brown
09-20-2003, 12:11 PM
I come here to flirt with Topless.

Jrocket
09-20-2003, 12:38 PM
GlastronGuy:
I come here to see dumb people.
RD never let's me down. So very true! :D

dmontzsta
09-20-2003, 01:43 PM
I come in here to get away from the technical stuff.
and hopefully see some booties or boobies. :)

VillainDave
09-20-2003, 02:45 PM
I'm here for reading enjoyment and to read about somethings you couldn't imagine :D