PDA

View Full Version : Is kingamn the only place to register near Havasu ?

carbonmarine
09-18-2003, 11:16 AM
please advise......
Rick32

Essex502
09-18-2003, 11:50 AM
Register what? To vote? Your boat? For the draft?

LaveyJet
09-18-2003, 11:56 AM
Essex502:
Register what? To vote? Your boat? For the draft? Sex offender ?

Essex502
09-18-2003, 11:58 AM
eek!

OGShocker
09-18-2003, 12:08 PM
For school?
BTW...Funny as S**T... Sex Offender....LMAO! :D

phebus
09-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Yes, Kingman is the closest place to Havasu to register your boat in person. There is no need to do it in person though. You can call the Arizona Dept. of Game and Fish, and they will give you the total of what your fees will be, and then go to their website and download all the forms. If your boat has a loan, and the bank is holding title on it, you will have to send them a form that they will have to fill out and notarize that relases title in the boat, and in return, they will hold lien against it. Arizona is a non-title state, so it is required to do before you can register it.
If you need anymore info, let me know. I will try to dig up a phone number and website address. I have it sitting around somewhere, as I had to do the same thing in the past.

Rod-64
09-18-2003, 01:01 PM
www.gf.state.az.us (http://www.gf.state.az.us)

Rod-64
09-18-2003, 01:04 PM
I must say it is conveinient for me as it's only 3 miles from me. Every year I just get the boat regs and fishing license in one shot. The fishing licenses are neat computer ones. Not the flimsy things from Wal-Mart plus you don't have to fill it out every year........they just punch it up and you sign it.

phebus
09-18-2003, 01:07 PM
Any transaction with the Govt. is easier in Arizona than in Calif. When I went to the DMV, I actually left in a good mood. Try that in California!!!

carbonmarine
09-18-2003, 01:34 PM
thanks guys... teh state is after my azz for 2003 Usage fee's.... my boat been in Havasu ! and they say, well it has CA stickers so were charging ya...... I raised heel because my boat was already register in 2022 for 2003 and they guy then said that as long as you can prove it was out of state during whole the year , then fine....... then I get a bill and the rest is history....
I then read about the AZ Lien thing and I have to have the bank fill some stuff & noterize it.. which is fine, but that takes time.... So. I am thinking Coast Guard / Fed registration.. One time deal and bang finnishes & I dont need no stinking stickers on my boat - just name & port.... but does that do me any good in Havasu ????
RIck32
Rick32

phebus
09-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Are you referring to registration fees, or luxury tax/property tax assessment?
If you are referring to the tax assessment, I was told if it had a Calif. registration, and was not registered in another state by the first day of the year, you had to pay your Calif. assessment regardless of where the boat was.
Sucks, don't it!!

OGShocker
09-18-2003, 02:05 PM
It is $800.00 to form a Montana LLC and reg' is cheap up there. Look up the sales tax rates in Montana....ZERO. All of the DMV crud is handled by a lawyer over the phone......so I hear.
My .02

carbonmarine
09-18-2003, 03:02 PM
The basic matter of a fact is that WE ARE OVER ****ING TAXED.....
What do we have to do ?? Throw another tea party - kill Mr. Davis Gray and kick his head around the street like a mussalini football ?
Rick32

TrojanDan
09-18-2003, 11:17 PM
carbonmarine:
So. I am thinking Coast Guard / Fed registration.. One time deal and bang finnishes & I dont need no stinking stickers on my boat - just name & port.... but does that do me any good in Havasu ????
We have our 29' boat Coast Guard documented and I keep it garaged at my house in Havasu. The first couple of times out I was approached by the Law Enforcement to check my registration but I'm happy to report that they (L.E.) finally caught on and understand that CG documentation = no CF/AZ or wherever numbers as long as you meet the CG documentation requirements. It was a one shot $350 deal with free yearly renewals.
There are some minor drawbacks with CG documentation like allowing L.E. to board your vessel at any time and for any/no reasons.
:cool:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-19-2003, 10:07 AM
You can't register your boat at any DMV, or MVD, whatever they call it? We have a Jeep that we leave at the trailer for moving boats around and we registered it in Bullhead. I was under the assumption you could register anything there.

phebus
09-19-2003, 04:01 PM
DMV in Ariz. doesn't handle boat registration. Ariz. Dept. of Game and Fish does.

OGShocker
09-19-2003, 04:06 PM
TrojanDan:
There are some minor drawbacks with CG documentation like allowing L.E. to board your vessel at any time and for any/no reasons. :cool Only a draw back if you are packing bales in the ski locker. :D