PDA

View Full Version : painting boats

fatalbert
02-27-2003, 09:50 PM
So, is there any such thing as an "easy method" to taking the boat off the trailer to paint both?
26'
3000 pounds
thanks, please forgive silly questions
srs

Mandelon
02-27-2003, 10:14 PM
No. Please forgive my silly answer. wink

bordsmnj
02-27-2003, 10:20 PM
:D weelll...you could unhook the boat and haull @$$ in reverse and step on the brake real hard. just make sure you aim for the right yard-don't wanna spoil the neighbors fun! idea
I can't believe Mandelon didn't know that one. :p

Mandelon
02-27-2003, 10:23 PM
I just wanted to give someone else a chance... smile_sp

Jordy
02-27-2003, 10:33 PM
There was a thread in the jet forums not too long ago about pulling the boat off the trailer. You might take a look and see what you can find.
Other than that, the concenus pretty much was, the easiest way is to have a friend with an empty trailer and just swap them at the lake.
If you're going to be painting both, are you pulling the motor and running gear out? If so, that makes it easier as the hull doesn't weigh that much bare.
The non-lake way of doing it involved hoisting it from the back, or using a floor jack at some point past the end of the trailer to lift the transom, and then another hoist or some big guys holding the front, up around the bow eye and then pulling the trailer out from under it. Old tires seem to be the preferred method to set it on.
Good luck.