PDA

View Full Version : Emmitt cut from the Cowboys

beyondhelpin
02-27-2003, 08:27 PM
Emmitt Smith was cut from the Dallas Cowboys today. I know he is not the same player he used to be but he is a class act. That is rare in the pros today. Especially at Dallas. Yes I am still a fan! Love em or hate em, not much in between!

JetBoatRich
02-27-2003, 08:32 PM
Not a Dallas Fan, your Emmitt has been an asset for the team. He will be picked up by someone so he can get his 20,000 yards

77charger
02-27-2003, 08:48 PM
i think he should have been let go a while ago.

Jordy
02-27-2003, 09:47 PM
and in typical method by the Arizona Cardinals, they are looking to pick him up. Granted he would help the team out, but it would have been nice to have him 10 years ago... :confused:

JetBoatRich
02-28-2003, 04:15 AM
JP I did not hear that the A.C. were interested, he could still help any team as long as they have a strong backup :)

FishBoneRipple III
02-28-2003, 07:21 AM
Emmet is lucky Barry Sanders retired 4 years ago, or he'd still be chasing a record he could never reach.

Jordy
02-28-2003, 09:39 AM
Gotta hand it to the Cards though. They get players at bottom dollar, the team sucks, they blame the players and let them go, and 9 times out of 10 the team they sign with has a record year due to the efforts of the former Cardinal player. Or they get players at the tail end of their career. Either way, they won't spend the money to get some talent, have a losing record damn near every year, don't make the playoffs, have somewhere near the highest ticket prices in the league and blame their failures on the fact that they play in a college stadium. So what do we do? We build them a new stadium, with little cost to the Bidwells and a lot of cost to the taxpayer. No wonder I hate professional sports. Bunch of crybabies, oh but we cater to them. I was hoping they would have left town because they didn't get their stadium, and I know I'm not the only one feeling this way.