PDA

View Full Version : A real ripoff

dcb carrera
09-13-2003, 02:02 PM
If you think the DMV fees are high try buying a beer at a San Franciso Giants game. $7.25 for a 12 oz. beer. Now that's robbery eek! Twenty two dollars for a nose bleed sit, 4.50 for a hotdog it's been along time since a been to a game It's changed :confused:

Sangster
09-13-2003, 02:06 PM
$7.25 for a 12 oz. beer.......... :confused: :confused:
I helps curb the Drunckin' Brawls that took place every five minutes during the games..Especially when the Dodgers were in town...... :D :D :D

Trailer Park Casanova
09-13-2003, 03:12 PM
You must have taken public transportation.
I understand parking is there $40.
Last time we went it was $7.00 for a 10oz beer.
We used to have season tickets to the Dodgers. No more.
To costly for what ya get.
Baseball games should be cheap.
Player tallent is spread pretty thin across the leagues, and one game only counts for 168th of the season,,, nope,, to much money.

NorCal Gameshow
09-13-2003, 03:22 PM
are the peanuts at dodger stadium still a dollllllar..............
and a quarter ?
me and the kids still joke about that peanut vendor :D

Just Tool'n
09-13-2003, 03:56 PM
How do you think they are paying for Pac-Bell park.
It thru the beer sales.
I personally think they are all over payed.
And you and I are paying for it!

Jungle Boy
09-13-2003, 04:34 PM
Pro sports players are one of my hates. They are overpayed, underworked, spoiled ****s and the poor guy that wants to take his kid to a game pays their wages, then they don't want to sign a ball for the kid. They suck. :mad: burningm

09-13-2003, 04:46 PM
dont forget kevin brown's salary and plays about a 1/4 of the season OPB (over priced beef) on the mound

rrrr
09-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Jungle Boy:
Pro sports players are one of my hates. They are overpayed, underworked, spoiled ****s and the poor guy that wants to take his kid to a game pays their wages, then they don't want to sign a ball for the kid. They suck. :mad: burningm Agree totally.

TRIMDOG
09-13-2003, 07:26 PM
Sorry to hear you guys got "bent over" on your visit to the Gay Bay. At least it's just the wallet that's hurtin. cry Glad to hear yer home safe

burbanite
09-13-2003, 07:29 PM
Jungle Boy:
Pro sports players are one of my hates. They are overpayed, underworked, spoiled ****s and the poor guy that wants to take his kid to a game pays their wages, then they don't want to sign a ball for the kid. They suck. :mad: burningm Oh so frikkin true....don't get me started...
I went to a preseason football game on free tickets and it still cost a fortune to have a beer and do the normal things.
This shit is way out of line and they aren't getting any more of my dollar to prop up their badly managed businesses. Players should have a real job and do this stuff for fun...

Doug H.
09-13-2003, 10:39 PM
Im with most all you guys here regarding the attitudes and the shrug off of over paid players but iv'e been on the other side of the fence, my first year in raider camp "91" minimum wage for a first year pro is $180,000 and yes it seems by today's standard that's quite a bit but the punishment we get put through could be a fatal injury on one play in practice or game, i still love football but walked away with 5 surgeries one being major, the hot dogs, popcorn, beer, burgers, parking etc. is way out of line, im as pissed off as you guys too, so i stay home and watch my friends on TV. i could go on and on about many issues but who cares. :)

Kilrtoy
09-13-2003, 10:45 PM
HEY how dare you call KEVIN BROWN AN OVERPRICED BEEF.
he is an over paid PIECE OF SHIT
Call it like it is.......

TheLurker
09-13-2003, 11:28 PM
Doug H.:
Im with most all you guys here regarding the attitudes and the shrug off of over paid players but iv'e been on the other side of the fence, my first year in raider camp "91" minimum wage for a first year pro is $180,000 and yes it seems by today's standard that's quite a bit but the punishment we get put through could be a fatal injury on one play in practice or game, i still love football but walked away with 5 surgeries one being major, the hot dogs, popcorn, beer, burgers, parking etc. is way out of line, im as pissed off as you guys too, so i stay home and watch my friends on TV. i could go on and on about many issues but who cares. :) Our Police and Fire personal are much more likely to not come home at the end of the day than a football player is. For that matter there are a lot more occupations that are more hazardous to your health than playing football and don’t get paid anywhere near the amount professional athletes do.
Don’t get me wrong I love all sports and there are some excellent roll models out there Wayne Gretzky to name one but they are too few and far between. There are to many of the Randy Mosses Barry Bonds and Charles Barkleyes out there that have been given a free ride through life and don’t appreciate what they have or realize their impact on children.

Kilrtoy
09-13-2003, 11:51 PM
180,000 ROOKIE YEAR,
BOO ****IN HOO
the first year at my job I made 32,000.
I still have yet to make 180K a year.
Life is real tuff being a pro sports player, New pussy in every town, groupies at home. Drugs everywhere.
yeah that is tuff and all for chicken feed of 180,000 and that is if you are the bottom feeder
No sympathy here.....

Kilrtoy
09-13-2003, 11:52 PM
oooppppssss I forgot
how long is a year 4 to 6 months
Dont comeback with off season training either....

Doug H.
09-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Wow !! tough crowd in here today, players in most sports are going year round now just to keep shape, other wise the guy or girl behind them will likely get a good shot at that starting position. i whole heartedly agree about the Moss' Barkley's, Rodman's, Strawberry's etc. these guys get off the hook for anything, what really pisses me off is that these kids see this activity and think it's ok to treat others the same damn way, believe me im on your guys side, just fortunate to get a taste of the big time. Yes our heroes are fireman and law enforcement but some still linger in the pros of all sports, it's a shame it's not like the old days where athletes would practicly play for free and be cordial to all who approached them, boy have times changed. :)

Windy
09-14-2003, 01:04 PM
TheLurker:
Our Police and Fire personal are much more likely to not come home at the end of the day than a football player is. For that matter there are a lot more occupations that are more hazardous to your health than playing football and don’t get paid anywhere near the amount professional athletes do.
Very well said