PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Grand Prix

Windy
04-08-2003, 08:00 PM
Are any of you Hot Boat freaks besides us goen this weekend.
MissHBjet

JustMVG
04-08-2003, 08:19 PM
Yup i'm goin', but i won't be on the yacht like a certain someone's, say hi to Thurston and Lovey, i heard the Howell's put on quite the race party. And watch out for the 3hr tour!!! Have fun.
Mike VG :D :D

WILDERTHANU54
04-08-2003, 08:22 PM
I'M THERE...........AS WELL AS THE REAL RACING IN TWO WEEKS AT FONTANA.

JustMVG
04-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Wilder are you staying at the track? in the infield is where i'll be right in the 2nd row entering turn 3, i'll get the exact space # , Bohica from the boards will also be there over in turn 4, they always have the best, uhh TV shows on . Hope to see you there. Cal Speedway infield for NASCAR party time for sure .
See ya Mike VG

Duck
04-08-2003, 09:17 PM
I have yet to go to a race as a one man protest of Long Beach's 86 decibel rule they enacted in the early 80's that effectively shut down Long Beach Marine stadium to drag boat racing. Yes COBRA races their circles and some waterski races there (with limited exibition races), but I miss the drags at Long Beach, in a facility built for it. Yuppie scum that live next to the park don't even watch the circle races! But the city doesn't mind shutting the downtown for a couple of week to run the cars. Big money wins again.
Duck

Windy
04-08-2003, 10:08 PM
MandMVG:
Yup i'm goin', but i won't be on the yacht like a certain someone's, say hi to Thurston and Lovey, i heard the Howell's put on quite the race party. And watch out for the 3hr tour!!! Have fun.
Mike VG :D :D Hey...Im gonna be on a yacht...not the Minnow :D

burbanite
04-09-2003, 05:02 AM
MissHBjet:
Are any of you Hot Boat freaks besides us goen this weekend.
MissHBjet LBGP, great weekend, always one of my favorites.
Unfortunately for me we won't be there this year as our cars are racing in Japan, for a while there we owned the Long Beach race - good memories. :cool:

Windy
04-09-2003, 08:58 AM
burbanite:
LBGP, great weekend, always one of my favorites.
Unfortunately for me we won't be there this year as our cars are racing in Japan, for a while there we owned the Long Beach race - good memories. :cool: And I thought for sure you would be there.

burbanite
04-09-2003, 09:19 AM
MissHBjet:
burbanite:
LBGP, great weekend, always one of my favorites.
Unfortunately for me we won't be there this year as our cars are racing in Japan, for a while there we owned the Long Beach race - good memories. :cool: And I thought for sure you would be there. First time we haven't been since it was a CART race :(
I always had a good time, (even discounting all of the wins), it was definitely party time! wink
Enjoy.... :)

LeE ss13
04-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Duck:
I have yet to go to a race as a one man protest of Long Beach's 86 decibel rule they enacted in the early 80's that effectively shut down Long Beach Marine stadium to drag boat racing. Yes COBRA races their circles and some waterski races there (with limited exibition races), but I miss the drags at Long Beach, in a facility built for it. Yuppie scum that live next to the park don't even watch the circle races! But the city doesn't mind shutting the downtown for a couple of week to run the cars. Big money wins again.
Duck Bruce ... COBRA is no more and hasn't run a race there since 1999. (I was there). Now SCSC runs APBA races there and we don't need mufflers any more. Next race, August 9, 2003.