PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery Shops???

summerlove
08-27-2003, 10:51 AM
I want to do a complete upholstery job over the winter. I'm thinking Nov/Dec. Who's good, who do I stay away from, and what has your experience been with a re-do? A local Havasu shop would be preferred, but I'm not adverse to bringing it to so cal either. Thanks

Blown 472
08-27-2003, 10:52 AM
Call Eric's at 714 777-9199.

little rowe boat
08-27-2003, 11:21 AM
STAY AWAY FROM D&S MARINE.

Lightning
08-27-2003, 11:54 AM
little rowe boat:
STAY AWAY FROM D&S MARINE. I second that, I have heard nothing but horror stories....people dropping off things that never get touched, seats getting lost, etc..

Hustler
08-27-2003, 12:07 PM
little rowe boat:
STAY AWAY FROM D&S MARINE. I'll third!!! I have personal experiance with them, Check out Stitch Craft in Orange County they did an awsome job on Hack Jobs boats and even gave him a little discount because they were a couple days late.

summerlove
08-28-2003, 08:18 AM
I'll definitely stay away from D&S. Thanks for the heads up.
Any other recommendations??? I had one quote already for $3,500 and I thought it was a little high since it is only new foam/canvas and no wood work.

novaguy
08-28-2003, 11:54 AM
little rowe boat:
STAY AWAY FROM D&S MARINE. I'll fourth that.....I just took my boat out of their shop. Six months and still no interior and a bunch of empty promises. **** that place......I'm thinking of taking it to Daves custom boat interior in Montclair.

OGShocker
08-28-2003, 12:44 PM
summerlove:
I want to do a complete upholstery job over the winter. I'm thinking Nov/Dec. Who's good, who do I stay away from, and what has your experience been with a re-do? A local Havasu shop would be preferred, but I'm not adverse to bringing it to so cal either. Thanks Designer Marine in Corona is very good.
See I can be nice to a lefty :D
[ August 28, 2003, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: OGShocker ]

Froggystyle
08-28-2003, 12:47 PM
little rowe boat:
STAY AWAY FROM D&S MARINE. Absolutely, positively the best advice I have ever heard on this forum.
You will find no arguments with this sentiment either. I don't wish to drop bombs or otherwise in public, but if you have any questions regarding my feelings on this matter, feel free to PM me regarding them, and I will gladly inform you of their business practices from my perspective, as well as that of my clients.

BADAXE
08-28-2003, 02:34 PM
You might try Land & Sea in Santa Ana. They do all of Howard Custom Boats work.

Froggystyle
08-28-2003, 04:16 PM
little rowe boat:
STAY AWAY FROM D&S MARINE. Absolutely, positively the best advice I have ever heard on this forum.
You will find no arguments with this sentiment either. I don't wish to drop bombs or otherwise in public, but if you have any questions regarding my feelings on this matter, feel free to PM me regarding them, and I will gladly inform you of their business practices from my perspective, as well as that of my clients.