PDA

View Full Version : Shit hit the fan!!!!!!

Jet Hydro
03-19-2003, 06:59 PM
At about 8:30 or so the shit hit the fan. Keep our family's and troops in your prayers!
http://a799.g.akamai.net/3/799/388/77373030928624/www.msnbc.com/news/1829684.jpg Tracer fire is seen in a night-vision transmission from Baghdad.
[ March 19, 2003, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Jet Hydro ]

68 hallett
03-19-2003, 10:20 PM
Will do Jethydro
God bless America

Jet Hydro
03-19-2003, 11:13 PM
May God bless the many souls who lost their lives, on September 11, 2001, at
the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and on airline flights 11, 175, 77, & 93.
http://www.september11news.com/_borders/peace_dove_olive_branch_sm_clr.gif
I see these pictures and after all this time I still feel the hurt!
http://www.september11news.com/AttackSmoke11thReuters.jpg
http://www.september11news.com/111wtcreutersitaly.jpg
http://www.september11news.com/YahooTopPicsEmail2.jpg
Pentagon Attacked
http://www.september11news.com/AAPentagonFiretrucksWPost.jpg
Flight 93 Crashes
http://www.september11news.com/Flight93CraterReuters.jpg
Survivor in Disbelief.. If you think about it this could have been YOU or me!!!
http://www.september11news.com/JamesNachtweyTime_alive.jpg
http://www.september11news.com/_borders/peace_dove_olive_branch_sm_clr.gif
[ March 19, 2003, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Jet Hydro ]

HBjet
03-20-2003, 12:00 AM
Jet Hydro:
I see these pictures and after all this time I still feel the hurt!Me too, but can you please take then down or just add a text link to them for those who do want to look at them? Thanks.
HBjet
[ March 20, 2003, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

Eric455
03-20-2003, 02:58 AM
all i can say is nuke the F*%@ing basterds.
eric

HavasuDreamin'
03-20-2003, 07:04 AM
And to think the ignorant people believe this war is over oil? :confused: burningm
I lost a friend on 9/11. I support our troops and President in ensuring this country, and the rest of the world's safety. God Bless the victims, coalition troops, and America.

Ed Arnold
03-20-2003, 07:38 AM
It's hard to believe that the Gulf War was 10 years ago. My wife and I were talking about it last night. My wife's brother lost his life in dessert Shield when his helo went down. He was in the navy and was search and rescue, and was also going into Seal School when the conflict started so they put a hold on his class. Himself and his crew were the first cauality of the war. I am still pissed off that we didn't finish Sadam off then!!! My only hope is that we finish the job this time. One death because of this A-HOLE is to much. You bet our troops are in our family prayers both morning and night. LET'S FINISH THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Back Forty
03-20-2003, 09:28 AM
Paul Harvey just reported that the missle attack last night was based on CIA info about Saddams exact position. He said our government hasn't released a decision about whether the saddam video was pre recorded, a look a like or saddam h'self...
Blood and guts I hope!

Bense468
03-20-2003, 01:22 PM
HBjet:
Jet Hydro:
I see these pictures and after all this time I still feel the hurt!Me too, but can you please take then down or just add a text link to them for those who do want to look at them? Thanks.
HBjet whats wrong Randy? The truth hurts. I think they should show that shit all over tv some some of these assholes standing in the streets pro testing can think twice, and stop making all the police officers jobs hard
[ March 20, 2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

hot_diggity_dog
03-20-2003, 01:37 PM
We need to keep these pictures as daily reminders. argue
We Americans forget to easy. :mad:
HDD :cool:

Jet Hydro
03-20-2003, 01:37 PM
Randy, I`m shocked that you would even ask such a thing!

Oldsquirt
03-20-2003, 01:44 PM
Steve, while some people may need the reminder, to others it may be too much for them to handle. It has nothing to do with patriotism but more to do with pain. For some, seeing those pictures does cause too much pain.

Bense468
03-20-2003, 02:03 PM
wink
[ March 20, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

Jet Hydro
03-20-2003, 06:51 PM
Well I didn't post this to up-set anyone, but if you feel the pain then that was what I wanted you to feel. Don't ever forget the people that lost their life on that day or on any other day that we as Americans have been attacked . We should be proud to have people that are putting their life on the line for you and I so we wont have to live through this again. We spend way to much time trying to find fault in our fellow American when we should band tougher as one and fight the fight! I was brought up in a hard core ARMY family, I was always told to NEVER FORGET! Some people seem to have short memories, We have to stand up some times to remind them to honor the people that lost their lives making sure that you and I can sleep safe at night! We all shared in the same pain, just some people seem to think it`s not going to happen where I live and try to block it out and go on about their way. Well better wake up because anything can and will happen. If you look at that man in that last picture you`ll see that he worked in an office, "He`s got a tie on!" He`s not that old guy that pump`s your gas but you look at him in that picture you sure wouldn't know it, that`s because WAR doesn't care who you are! Those who protest the war on terrorism should be run out of the U*S*A* and if they wont leave then SHOT because their not a true American!
As you can tell I feel very strong about my view and no one is going to change it!
I`m one of those good ole boys with the gun rack in the back window of my 4 door 1 ton that those terrorist are worried about.
I'm proud to be an American, I dare someone to try to change that
[ March 20, 2003, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Jet Hydro ]

Jet Hydro
03-20-2003, 06:57 PM
Oh Ya "UNDER GOD" that will never change for me either.

HBjet
03-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Jet Hydro:
We spend way to much time trying to find fault in our fellow American when we should band tougher as one and fight the fight! Jet Hydro:
We have to stand up some times to remind them to honor the people that lost their lives making sure that you and I can sleep safe at night! Jet Hydro:
Those who protest the war on terrorism should be run out of the U*S*A* and if they wont leave then SHOT because their not a true American!So we should stick together and support our troops that protect our freedoms, but shoot the people who choose to exercise them?
HBjet

Jet Hydro
03-20-2003, 10:19 PM
"Yes" Please dont tell me your one of them?

HBjet
03-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Jet Hydro:
I'm proud to be an American Jet Hydro:
Those who protest the war on terrorism should be run out of the U*S*A* and if they wont leave then SHOT because their not a true American!Now that doesn't sound very American now does it? Sounds more like a dictatorship. "Think my way or I will kill you." Are you related to Saddam jet hydro?
HBjet

Jet Hydro
03-20-2003, 10:25 PM
HB this is no place for you shit... Please step back!

HBjet
03-20-2003, 10:25 PM
RiverDave:
I assumed Randy's post (being that it sais "DO" not "Don't" ) meant to put up links so we could actually see the pics.
Am I wrong in my thinking?
RD I was saying for the people who DO want to look at the photos again, you could put in a text link 911 (http://www.september11news.com/111wtcreutersitaly.jpg) so you can, and those who don't want to look at them (due to the loss of life just before, during, and after those photos) don't have to. It's just disturbing for me, and it's something I will never forget because like a lot of people, I watched the events unfold as they happed and they seem to be more like scars, not memories.
HBjet
[ March 20, 2003, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

HBjet
03-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Jet Hydro:
HB this is no place for you shit... Please step back! I'm not starting shit, just look at what you are saying? Not very American, not at all.
HBjet

Jet Hydro
03-20-2003, 10:33 PM
Randy your Not very American! Not at all ...To just think I would stand up for people like you makes me sick! But I would still do it. just better hope that you didnt spit on me because you would fall!

HBjet
03-20-2003, 10:36 PM
HBjet:
So we should stick together and support our troops that protect our freedoms, but shoot the people who choose to exercise them? Jet Hydro:
"Yes" Please dont tell me your one of them? Are you aware of what your saying? Do you know the meaning of Freedom and what it means to have it? As for the war, I would hope no one is for war, but I am for doing what you got to do when it come to protecting our freedoms. If it means going and getting Saddam, then go get the bastard. As an American, I support my President, and I support the troops.
HBjet

HBjet
03-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Jet Hydro:
Randy your Not very American! Not at all ...How did you come to that conclusion? Because I said the Freedoms we are fighting for should also be allowed?
HBjet

Windy
03-20-2003, 10:40 PM
Slowy relax.

Jet Hydro
03-20-2003, 10:46 PM
HBjet I`m not going to fight with a person such as your self. Go get in your lowered 1 ton with the wing and hall you big ass load of a briefcase down the road.
Not the topic to be screw up with you BS .I`m done with your protest ass. It doesn't matter what I say or post you`ll always try to break it down. I Hope they bring the draft in and you and I get the same fox hole :D

Jordy
03-20-2003, 10:49 PM
Jet Hydro:
I Hope they bring the draft in and you and I get the same fox hole :D Can I sell the rights on Pay-per-view??? That would be quite a sight. :D

Jet Hydro
03-20-2003, 10:51 PM
MissHBjet
Wear a smile...it never goes outta style Jet Hydro:
I Hope they bring the draft in and you and I get the same fox hole D <---See I said that with a smile

HBjet
03-20-2003, 10:54 PM
HBjet:
As for the war, I would hope no one is for war, but I am for doing what you got to do when it come to protecting our freedoms. If it means going and getting Saddam, then go get the bastard. As an American, I support my President, and I support the troops. Jet Hydro:
I`m done with your protest ass.Did you even read what I said? Damn, if you can't see where I stand, then you are one stupid ****! Thank God you live in BFE because we don't need you on our street corners preaching your idea of a True American!
Damn, I thought you where just stupid for buying a Jet Hydro, now your just plan stupid period! Get an education before you try to talk to me again.
As for the dually, yeah, I bet you had something so nice at 19yo huh? FYI, I don't have it, I drive another newer Chevy now!
HBjet

Jet Hydro
03-20-2003, 11:00 PM
HB---->Wear a smile...it never goes outta style :D
@ 19 I had already built my 3rd show car :D Did you read that "built" Not mommy and daddy bought!
Peace out bro :p

HBjet
03-20-2003, 11:05 PM
Cool, At 19 I bought (no mommy and daddy) my first dually, and I had a show 72' VW Fast Back and a 71 Vw Square Back that I put together.
HBjet

Windy
03-20-2003, 11:06 PM
I had a stepcousin stationed in the Pentagon {he is in the Army} at the time plane crashed into the building. My stepmom couldnt get through to New York to find out if her 22y.o. nephew was ok til hours later when she got word he was fine. This hit close to home for us. We support our President and our troops.

USMC1812
03-20-2003, 11:14 PM
God bless America and those overseas defending All that it stands it stands for!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2181st_Mar_Div_letter-med.jpg

Windy
03-20-2003, 11:23 PM
USMC...thanks for posting that. Thats what I like to see and read...not the pics thats Slowy posted.
Move forward and get the job done.

Windy
03-20-2003, 11:23 PM
the dreaded double
[ March 20, 2003, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: MissHBjet ]

Jet Hydro
03-21-2003, 12:50 AM
Your not the only people in the U*S*A* that lost friends and family!
Why don't you tell these guy`s that you don't need to be reminded of why they are out there fighting for our freedom!
http://www.army.mil/images/newsimages/578thSigKuwait20Mar03.jpg

Bense468
03-21-2003, 02:28 AM
jet i hear ya in a way bro. I fully support those guys. I also think that we need to be reminded of what happened 911. Too many people in this world see to have forgotten. I have a few friends over there right now and I hope they can get there job done smoothly, quickly, and come home so they can be with their familys and we can party it up. I think all these peace protesters have no clue about this war. That is just my opinion. Most seem to be the same people that have no clue about life in general also. Hate to sterotype but thats how I feel.
You have the right to oppose the war if you want, BUT as soon as our troops are over there you support them and you shut the F up and get out of the streets. You are now part of the problem not the solution..
[ March 21, 2003, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

Backtanner
03-21-2003, 05:02 AM
Stand there and wave your flag...or I'll shoot you in the head!! :D
JetHydro you come off sounding like some militia member. Maybe the Army should liberate HBJet from you!
As for my position on the current situation, I'm for the war. Sadaam is a brutal dictator with no regard for life except his own. Even his kids aren't off-limits for a bullet to the brain from this guy.
To the protesters: I'll respect your right to say what you want, hold your signs, whatever. But don't use it as an excuse to be a punk by tearing up other people’s stuff.

Windy
03-21-2003, 06:49 AM
Jet Hydro:
Your not the only people in the U*S*A* that lost friends and family!
No really

Windy
03-21-2003, 06:58 AM
Backtanner:
Stand there and wave your flag...or I'll shoot you in the head!! :D
JetHydro you come off sounding like some militia member. Maybe the Army should liberate HBJet from you!
As for my position on the current situation, I'm for the war. Sadaam is a brutal dictator with no regard for life except his own. Even his kids aren't off-limits for a bullet to the brain from this guy.
Well said. It doesnt make us happy to see protesting in our streets, but this is the land of the free. If the people in the middle east were to protest against Saddam they would be shot and killed {like slowy said should be done here}, because they dont have the freedoms we have.
We will never forget 911!
[ March 21, 2003, 07:01 AM: Message edited by: MissHBjet ]

schiada96
03-21-2003, 07:14 AM
This is simple if you don't like the pictures don't look at them. He can post what he wants right!

HBjet
03-21-2003, 07:26 AM
schiada96:
This is simple if you don't like the pictures don't look at them. He can post what he wants right! That is true, I just asked him, and he answered with NO and I left it at that.
I just think it's silly to say Support Our Troops because they are fighting for our Freedoms, but if you choose to exercise one of those Freedoms (that we are supporting our troops for fighting for) to protest the war, you should get a bullet in the head? What the **** is that?
Or just because our troops are over there now, Protesters should just give up? I think it's silly too, seeing them all in the streets, and I think it's total BS for some of them to destroy other people's stuff. But just because our troops are over there now doesn't mean your freedom of free speach is no longer aloud just because you may be against the war.
Personally, the protesters bug me too, but I'm not going to say they should be shot, or not aloud to protest anymore just because we have troops there already.
HBjet

Ed Arnold
03-21-2003, 08:19 AM
The problem I see it is that to many people in this country take advantage of their freedoms. ON BOTH SIDES OF THE COIN. Yes, you do have the right to exercise your freedom of speech, but not on the backs of those who gave you that right. As far as Jet Hydro goes,I understand his frustration. This country was founded on patiotism and the belive in God.Liberals have systematicly managedto twist that all around. No more prayer in school, no more"UNDER GOD" in the pledge,and if believe we should go to war you are a blood thristy bully. I got news for you, if we let the LIB'S run this country we better all learn a new language! God Bless America, God Bless our troops, and God Bless our freedom. We are the most powerful and most blessed nation in the world, and with that comes tremendious responibilty. We all need to live up to that, no matter which side of the line your on. Thanks, I'll get off my soap box now.

Windy
03-21-2003, 10:04 AM
Most of anti war protesters very much believe in god. Alot of them are Christains and other religious groups who simply dont believe in war.
I dont like to see it either, but to them war is not the answer.

Ed Arnold
03-21-2003, 01:13 PM
I totally agree with you. I only wish the rest of the world did. We need to set a presidence. I don't know if your watching, but No. Korea is and they are a hugh threat to this country. I mean to the west coast. We are the only country who can police the world and we better or like I said earlier we will be speaking Koreian. I am a christian, and believe me when I say I do not want war. The problem is that there are only a few countries that think that way or have any reguard for human life. You can proteat all you want but that isn't going to stop the likes of Saddam. This great country was founded on diversity, and I respect that. I think for the most part all Americans are striving for the same outcome, we just sometimes try to achieve it by different paths. I don't know if I'm right or wronge, but at least I have the freedom to express it and thats what makes this the greatest country in the world.

CA Stu
03-21-2003, 01:57 PM
How 'bout them flag-burners?
The ultimate in hypocrisy. It's what that flag stands for that gives them the freedom to burn it!
I know there is a proposal to make the burning of a flag illegal. I'm against that, it's un-American.
I think a more American thing to do would be to make beating the shit of the flag burners legal. Even mandatory :D
CA Stu <-- English by birth, American by choice.

Jet Hydro
03-21-2003, 02:41 PM
CA Stu:
How 'bout them flag-burners?
Shoot them!
If you don't like what the flag stand`s for, then get you ass out of America or get shot for burning our flag!
[ March 21, 2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Jet Hydro ]

coolchange
03-21-2003, 03:11 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You gotta love this one if you are sick of over-opinionated and arrogant celebrities.
VERY INTERESTING TO READ
This about says it all…
Who’s Smarter?
by Cindy Osborne
The Hollywood group is at it again. Holding anti-war rallies, screaming
about the Bush Administration, running ads in major newspapers, defaming
the President and his Cabinet every chance they get, to
anyone and everyone who will listen. They publicly defile them and call
them names like "stupid," "morons," and "idiots." Jessica Lange
went so far as to tell a crowd in Spain that she hates President Bush
and is embarrassed to be an American.
So, just how ignorant are these people who are running the country?
Let's look at the biographies of these "stupid," "ignorant," "moronic"
leaders, and then at the celebrities who are castigating them:
President George W. Bush: Received a Bachelors Degree from Yale
University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. He served as an
F-102 pilot for the Texas Air National Guard. He began his career
in the oil and gas business in Midland in 1975 and worked in the energy
industry until 1986. He was elected Governor on November 8, 1994, with
53.5 percent of the vote. In a historic reelection victory, he
became the first Texas Governor to be elected to consecutive four-year
terms on November 3, 1998, winning 68.6 percent of the vote. In 1998
Governor Bush won 49 percent of the Hispanic vote, 27 percent
of the African-American vote, 27 percent of Democrats and 65 percent of
women. He won more Texas counties, 240 of 254, than any modern
Republican other that Richard Nixon in 1972 and is the first
Republican gubernatorial candidate to win the heavily Hispanic and
Democratic border counties of El Paso, Cameron and Hidalgo. (Someone
began circulating a false story about his I.Q. being lower than any
other President. If you believed it, you might want to go to
URBANLEGENDS.COM and see the truth.)
Vice President **** Cheney earned a B.A. in 1965 and a M.A. in 1966,
both in political science. Two years later, he won an American Political
Science Association congressional fellowship. One of Vice
President Cheney's primary duties is to share with individuals, members
of Congress and foreign leaders, President Bush's vision to strengthen
our economy, secure our homeland and win the War on
Terrorism. In his official role as President of the Senate, Vice
President Cheney regularly goes to Capitol Hill to meet with Senators
and members of the House of Representatives to work on the
Administration's legislative goals. In his travels as Vice President, he
has seen first hand the great demands the war on terrorism is placing on
the men and women of our military, and he is proud of the
tremendous job they are doing for the United States of America.
Secretary of State Colin Powell was educated in the New York City public
schools, graduating from the City College of New York (CCNY), where he
earned a Bachelor's Degree in geology. He also participated in ROTC at
CCNY and received a commission as an Army second
lieutenant upon graduation in June 1958. His further academic
achievements include a Master of Business Administration Degree
from George Washington University. Secretary Powell is the recipient of
numerous U.S. and foreign military awards and decorations. Secretary
Powell's civilian awards include two Presidential Medals of
Freedom, the President's Citizens Medal, the Congressional Gold Medal,
the Secretary of State Distinguished Service Medal, and the Secretary of
Energy Distinguished Service Medal. Several schools and
other institutions have been named in his honor and he holds honorary
degrees from universities and colleges across the country.
Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld: attended Princeton University on
Scholarship (AB, 1954) and served in the U.S. Navy (1954-57) as a Naval
aviator; Congressional Assistant to Rep. Robert Griffin
(R-MI), 1957-59; U.S. Representative, Illinois, 1962-69; Assistant to
the President, Director of the Office of Economic Opportunity, Director
of the Cost of Living Council, 1969-74; U.S. Ambassador to
NATO, 1973-74; head of Presidential Transition Team, 1974; Assistant to
the President, Director of White House Office of Operations, White House
Chief of Staff, 1974-77; Secretary of Defense, 1975-77
Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge was raised in a working class
family in veterans' public housing in Erie. He earned a scholarship to
Harvard, graduating with honors in 1967. After his first year
at The Dickinson School of Law, he was drafted into the U.S. Army, where
he served as an infantry staff sergeant in Vietnam, earning the Bronze
Star for Valor. After returning to Pennsylvania, he earned
his Law Degree and was in private practice before becoming Assistant
District Attorney in Erie County. He was elected to Congress in 1982. He
was the first enlisted Vietnam combat veteran elected to the
U.S. House, and was overwhelmingly reelected six times.
National Security Advisor
Condoleezza Rice earned her Bachelor's Degree in Political Science,
Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Denver in 1974; her
Master's from the University of Notre Dame in 1975; and her Ph.D. from
the Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver in
(Note: Rice enrolled at the University of Denver at the age of 15,
graduating at 19 with a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science (Cum
Laude). She earned a Master's Degree at the University of Notre
Dame and a Doctorate from the University of Denver's Graduate School of
International Studies. Both of her advanced degrees are also in
Political Science.)
She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and has
been awarded Honorary Doctorates from Morehouse College in 1991, the
University of Alabama in 1994, and the University of Notre Dame in 1995.
At Stanford, she has been a member of the Center for
International Security and Arms Control, a Senior Fellow of the
Institute for International Studies, and a Fellow (by courtesy) of the
Hoover Institution. Her books include Germany Unified and Europe
Transformed (1995) with Philip Zelikow, The Gorbachev Era (1986) with
Alexander Dallin, and Uncertain Allegiance: The Soviet Union and
the Czechoslovak Army (1984). She also has written numerous articles on
Soviet and East European foreign and defense policy, and has addressed
audiences in settings ranging from the U.S. Ambassador's
Residence in Moscow to the Commonwealth Club to the 1992 and 2000
Republican National Conventions. From 1989 through March 1991, the
period of German reunification and the final days of the Soviet
Union, she served in the Bush Administration as Director, and then
Senior Director, of Soviet and East European Affairs in the National
Security Council, and a Special Assistant to the President for National
Security Affairs. In 1986, while an international affairs fellow of the
Council on Foreign Relations, she served as Special Assistant to the
Director of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. In 1997, she served on the
Federal Advisory Committee on Gender -- Integrated Training in the
Military. She was a member of the boards of directors for the Chevron
Corporation, the Charles Schwab Corporation, the William and
Flora Hewlett Foundation, the University of Notre Dame, the
International Advisory Council of J.P. Morgan and the San Francisco
Symphony Board of Governors. She was a Founding Board member of the
Center for a New Generation, an educational support fund for schools in
East Palo Alto and East Menlo Park, California and was Vice President of
the Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula. In addition, her
past board service has encompassed such organizations as Transamerica
Corporation, Hewlett Packard, the Carnegie Corporation, Carnegie
Endowment for International Peace, The Rand Corporation, the
National Council for Soviet and East European Studies, the Mid-Peninsula
Urban Coalition and KQED, public broadcasting for San Francisco. Born
November 14, 1954 in Birmingham, Alabama, she earned
her bachelor's degree in political science, cum laude and Phi Beta
Kappa, from the University of Denver in 1974; her Master's from the
University of Notre Dame in 1975; and her Ph.D. from the Graduate
School of International Studies at the University of Denver in 1981. She
is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and has been
awarded Honorary Doctorates from Morehouse College in
1991, the University of Alabama in 1994, and the University of Notre
Dame in 1995. She resides in Washington, D.C.
So who are these celebrities? What is their education? What is their
experience in affairs of State or in National Security? While I will
defend to the death their right to express their opinions, I think that
if they are going to call into question the intelligence of our leaders, we
should also have all the facts on their educations and background:
Barbra Streisand: Completed high school
Career: Singing and acting
Cher: Dropped out of school in 9th grade.
Career: Singing and acting
Martin Sheen Flunked exam to enter University of Dayton.
Career: Acting
Jessica Lange Dropped out college mid-freshman year.
Alec Baldwin Dropped out of George Washington U. after scandal
Julia Roberts Completed high school
Sean Penn Completed High school
Susan Sarandon Degree in Drama from Catholic University of America
in Washington, D.C.
Ed Asner Completed High school
George Clooney Dropped out of University of Kentucky
Michael Moore Dropped out first year University of Michigan.
Career: Movie Director
Sarah Jessica Parker: Completed High School
Jennifer Anniston: Completed High School
Mike Farrell Completed High school
Janeane Garofelo Dropped out of College.
Career: Stand up comedienne
Larry Hagman Attended Bard College for one year.
While comparing the education and experience of these two groups, we
should also remember that President Bush and his cabinet are briefed
daily, even hourly, on the War on Terror and threats to our
security. They are privy to information gathered around the world
concerning the Middle East, the threats to America, the intentions of
terrorists and terrorist-supporting governments. They are in constant
communication with the CIA, the FBI, Interpol, NATO, The United Nations,
our own military, and that of our allies around the world. We cannot
simply believe that we have full knowledge of the threats
because we watch CNN!! We cannot believe that we are in any way as
informed as our leaders.
These celebrities have no intelligence-gathering agents, no fact-finding
groups, no insight into the minds of those who would destroy our
country. They only have a deep seated hatred for all things
Republican. By nature, and no one knows quite why, the Hollywood
elitists detest Conservative views and anything that supports or uplifts
the United States of America. The silence was deafening from the
Left when Bill Clinton bombed a pharmaceutical factory outside of
Khartoum, or when he attacked the Bosnian Serbs in 1995 and 1999. He
bombed Serbia itself to get Slobodan Milosevic out of Kosovo, and
not a single peace rally was held. When our Rangers were ambushed in
Somalia and 18 young American lives were lost, not a peep was heard from
Hollywood. Yet now, after our nation has been attacked
on its own soil, after 3,000 Americans were killed by freedom-hating
terrorists while going about their routine lives, they want to hold
rallies against the war. Why the change? Because an honest,
God-fearing Republican sits in the White House.
Another irony is that in 1987, when Ronald Reagan was in office, the
Hollywood group aligned themselves with disarmament groups like SANE,
FREEZE and PEACE ACTION, urging our own government
to disarm and freeze the manufacturing of any further nuclear weapons,
in order to promote world peace. It is curious that now, even after we
have heard all the evidence that Saddam Hussein has chemical,
biological and is very close to obtaining nuclear weapons, their is no
cry from this group for HIM to disarm. They believe we should leave
him alone in his quest for these weapons of mass destruction, even
though it is certain that these deadly weapons will eventually be used
against us in our own cities.
So why the hype out of Hollywood? Could these celebrities believe that
since they draw such astronomical salaries, they are entitled to also
determine the course of our Nation? That they can make viable
decisions concerning war and peace? Did Michael Moore have the backing
of the Nation when he recently thanked France, on our behalf, for being
a "good enough friend to tell us we were wrong"? I
know for certain he was not speaking for me. Does Sean Penn fancy
himself a Diplomat, in going to Iraq when we are just weeks away from
war? Does he believe that his High School Diploma gives him
the knowledge (and the right) to go to a country that is controlled by a
maniacal dictator, and speak on behalf of the American people? Or is it
the fact that he pulls in more money per year than the average
American worker will see in a lifetime? Does his bank account give him
clout?
The ultimate irony is that many of these celebrities have made a
shambles of their own lives, with drug abuse, alcoholism, numerous
marriages and divorces, scrapes with the law, publicized temper
tantrums, etc. How dare they pretend to know what is best for an entire
nation! What is even more bizarre is how many people in this country
will listen and accept their views, simply because they liked them in a
certain movie, or have fond memories of an old television sitcom!
It is time for us, as citizens of the United States, to educate
ourselves about the world around us. If future generations are going to
enjoy the freedoms that our forefathers bequeathed us, if they are ever
to know peace in their own country and their world, to live without fear of
terrorism striking in their own cities, we must assure that this nation
remains strong. We must make certain that those who would
destroy us are made aware of the severe consequences that will befall
them.
Yes, it is a wonderful dream to sit down with dictators and terrorists
and join hands, singing Cumbaya and talking of world peace. But it is
not real. We did not stop Adolf Hitler from taking over the entire
continent of Europe by simply talking to him. We sent our best and
brightest, with the strength and determination that this Country is
known for, and defeated the Nazi regime. President John F. Kennedy
did not stop the Soviet ships from unloading their nuclear missiles in
Cuba in 1962 with mere words. He stopped them with action, and threat of
immediate war if the ships did not turn around. We did not
end the Cold War with conferences. It ended with the strong belief of
President Ronald Reagan... PEACE through STRENGTH.
And I say Diplomacy through superior technology! :D

Bense468
03-21-2003, 09:08 PM
Man that is a powerfull write up she did. I like it.
I got news for you, if we let the LIB'S run this country we better all learn a new languageThe only thing i can say to this is...thanks for keeping it real, because I totally agree with you.
Most of anti war protesters very much believe in god. Alot of them are Christains and other religious groups who simply dont believe in war.
I dont like to see it either, but to them war is not the answer.MOST wars are all started out of religion. If you were to cut religion you cut 90% of war.
[ March 22, 2003, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

jweeks123
03-21-2003, 10:49 PM
well said, Cindy Osborne!
jw

Seadog
03-22-2003, 10:06 AM
True that many wars are started because of religion, but it is not the religion, but those who corrupt it for petty reasons. We have to guard against the extremist at both ends of the spectrum. You will always have the government to be according to their warped image. Communism, Socialism or Tyranny, it is all the same. The peope are too dumb to rule theirselves, so those who know what's best for them, tells them how to live. With dire consequences for those who have opposing views. The hard part of watching the riots in the US is that these people are deliberately using actions designed to prevent the police(who are short handed as is) from taking care of the important crimes. We the public are the victims when our 911 calls go unheeded, when an ambulance cannot get to us, when our business are forced to lose and when our infrastructure is damaged. They may be exercising their Constitutional rights, but they do for selfserving reasons, not for any real concerns for society. Many of these protesters are just using this as an excuse to attack the Republicans because the cannot abide by a vote of the people.

Froggystyle
03-22-2003, 10:46 AM
Again, and for my only involvement in this particular thread... The right to free speech is not reserved only for those who wish to protest. It is also offered to those who disagree with them.
Randy, I understand your point of view, and respectfully say that if you are unable to view the photos without a negative reaction, you should not click on this thread any more. It is very much Jet Hydro's right to post those pics, and since they are completely within bounds of what is legal and allowed on the site, it is unneccessary to take them down.
Further, I understand Jet Hydro's point of view to a degree, but Randy is right, about one small part of your posts, and that is we are fighting to protect the rights that are being afforded to those protesters. Make no mistake about it, the ones that are crossing the line and blocking traffic and causeing problems are getting treated as such. In San Francisco, the police blocked off a whole city street, and informed every single person that was between the two end streets that they were under arrest. Over 2500 total for disturbing the peace.
To "shoot them" is probably a post made in anger, and I can certainly understand that. Some events and posts of the last 3 days have brought me to that point. I humbly suggest that Randy is not your problem though.
Several of these uneducated, or mis-educated kids are today in jail for overstepping their bounds and assaulting police officers. They appear indignant, but lack evidence or reason to support their ire. I can think of another instance where ignorance and lack of experience has caused someone to look foolish in the last several days. The answer is obvious, the path clear, but no amount of explaination will change their minds. I pity them.
The only solution is to vote. People don't take voting seriously, and we came way too close to having Gore in office right now. I personally know of a bunch of Rebublicans who didn't feel strongly enough to vote their minds last November, and we have Davis in office again. These idiots are all voting Democrat. (Not to say all Democrats are idiots). None of them will vote for Bush in the coming election. They are not against war, they are conditioned to be against Republicans.
My brother graduated school during the last gulf war, and told me of some kids who were going to do a walk-off and protest the war. When asked why, they stated that Bush and Quayle are morons. Again, queried why, they stated that Bush is a dumb hick, and Quayle can't even spell potato. Great reasons...
As I have stated on too many occasions to count, people need to be held accountable for their actions and words. Those protester are in jail right now because they broke the law. Those were not peaceful protests, they were unlawful protests. I have not seen one war support protest go awry, but I have seen some rather militant anti-war protesters take over a street corner where pro war protesters were peacefully handing out flags and thumbs up to the passers-by. In walks about thirty anti-war people banging drums and holding banners etc... I would have had a tough time protecting their rights in that case.

Froggystyle
03-22-2003, 10:49 AM
The thing I have the biggest problem with politically right now is the San Diego City Council's refusal to sign a resolution to support our troops. The gay pride parade got a support resolution... The hispanic-american cultural foundation got a resolution of support, but the US Military doesn't?
This is in a city where one in five troops serving in the war currently are from our area. 20%!!!!!

Jet Hydro
03-22-2003, 01:37 PM
HBjet don't look at this one if you couldn't handle the pictures!
http://pasttopresent.com/images/usa.swf

HCS
03-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Speechless!...... frown

Thunderbutt
03-22-2003, 02:35 PM
Jet Hydro:
HBjet I`m not going to fight with a person such as your self. Go get in your lowered 1 ton with the wing and hall you big ass load of a briefcase down the road.
Not the topic to be screw up with you BS .I`m done with your protest ass. It doesn't matter what I say or post you`ll always try to break it down. I Hope they bring the draft in and you and I get the same fox hole :D Am I reading this right? You have never been in the Military, right? You don't need the draft to get in that fox hole.

Seadog
03-22-2003, 02:44 PM
Froggy, I definetly agree with you about a lot of the liberal supporters. They have no knowledge of the facts. If pressed about why they are against anything the Republicans do, they spout rhetoric that has no meaning. It scares me that so many people have no grip on reality. They honestly believe that if we ignore Hussein, he will go away or become a nice guy? With all the information at our fingertips, why do people believe that Jerry Springer and pro wrestling is real? Do we actually graduate people who have no knowledge of history, who have no experience with the cruel people of the world, who think that the US is the evil empire?
I suspect that we will never get around the fact that the more we achieve a promising future, the more it disintegrates over triviality,
[ March 22, 2003, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

Bense468
03-22-2003, 02:52 PM
amen

Jet Hydro
03-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Thunderbutt:
Jet Hydro:
Not the topic to be screw up with you BS .I`m done with your protest ass. It doesn't matter what I say or post you`ll always try to break it down. I Hope they bring the draft in and you and I get the same fox hole :D Am I reading this right? You have never been in the Military, right? You don't need the draft to get in that fox hole. Is what your not reading is how I grow up in the Military! I lived my life in a Military family from the day I popped out! My dad was a DI My brother an MP. Dont think anyone need`s to tell me about the Military.
The reason I say "Draft" is because I`m pretty sure that that`s the only way to get someone like him to join up. If you don't have to run him down on his North Bound way out of the country!
[ March 22, 2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Jet Hydro ]

Thunderbutt
03-23-2003, 07:38 AM
Jet Hydro:
Thunderbutt:
Jet Hydro:
Not the topic to be screw up with you BS .I`m done with your protest ass. It doesn't matter what I say or post you`ll always try to break it down. I Hope they bring the draft in and you and I get the same fox hole :D Am I reading this right? You have never been in the Military, right? You don't need the draft to get in that fox hole. Is what your not reading is how I grow up in the Military! I lived my life in a Military family from the day I popped out! My dad was a DI My brother an MP. Dont think anyone need`s to tell me about the Military.
The reason I say "Draft" is because I`m pretty sure that that`s the only way to get someone like him to join up. If you don't have to run him down on his North Bound way out of the country! So may I assume you were in the Marine Corps?